Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
its a shame brawl was given no support before now, i've had fun playing this event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SageNytell posted:

Hi, I'm a big dumb idiot who only realized this game was a thing yesterday and wants to draft dinosaurs and pirates before they rotate because, well, big dumb idiot.
Am I missing something in the UI, or is there only Magic 2020 draft available?
I'm worried that I'm about a year and a half late. :ohdear:

They ain't doing ixalan drafts anytime soon since every card in them is about to rotate, they might do a flashback draft at some point but I doubt it'd be soon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

God's Willing is a cool and good card that really, really, really should not have been printed while a method to make it something you can do every. single. turn. exists.

I don't think the combo is breaking standard lol, it's a neat interaction but not impossible to beat

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

Turns out inherent card advantage is a thing

Murderous Rider is going to be loving obnoxious in Eldraine limited

It's gonna be obnoxious in standard too

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Can't wait to get home and put in oko and teferi in a bant shell and see what happens

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
have played several games with oko and beginning to think this card is busted lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flatluigi posted:

what are you using as payoff for oko? I found voracious hydra to be pretty funny and it kind of makes me want to go full hydra but I am a very amateur deck builder

im still tuning the deck, im not really bothering with food synergy beyond gilded goose so oko is just a hard to kill dude who steals creatures and makes food, and makes food into creatures

if i was playing a hydra i'd absolutely go with hydroid krasis, drawing cards rules

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flatluigi posted:

oh krasis is 100% in the deck i'm brewing, I bring up voracious hydra because with oko out you can end up with a t4 7/7 or a 5/5 that killed a thing when it came in

ah yeah that all sounds good, ive been trying to be more midrangish with nissa and questing beast at the top, if i wanted to be more rampy i'd prob be more along the lines you appear to be going

honestly i'll prob go that route eventually, not playing krasis has to be a mistake now that i'm thinking about it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
decided to see if deputy was better then prison realm and detained 3 brazen borrowers and 2 brineborn cutthroats so uh yeah feeling good about that switch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zoux posted:

What do you guys think of Adventure cards so far

brazen borrower is really good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Arivia posted:

This was actually the Esper Dance deck and they timed out starting with the mulligan. :smith:

They prob got disconnected, I have had the game crash on me once while playing and I felt bad cause I was losing so they prob thought I was roping

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zoux posted:

A lot of people I think also rage quit out of the game whenever, you know, MtG stuff happens so thanks for leaving me to sit here for a few minutes bud. No matter how tilted I am I always concede out.

Sure some people do but the person who times out in the Mulligan prob was not particularly raging

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

exile me to the wastes, there is no place for me in civilization anymore

mandatory lesbian fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 1, 2019

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Love paying 1500 gems for two packs

You got 5 packs total

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i have discovered the secret to drafting eldraine, its opening oko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

So I lucked out and opened one Rankle while grind out a Mythic WC for one so I got my pair and I’m absolutely loving Golgari Adventures...

but even with 4 Murderous Rider main deck Oko just brings my entire deck to a grinding halt and I just can’t do anything whatsoever until I kill it.

It just feels like if they draw 3/4 of their Oko I just can’t win. Anyone have any strats in this match-up?

Is duress in the format? That seems like your best bet to hit it before it can come down, might be worth having sideboard slots for