Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Kinda blows that there aren't any free rewards past 75, or whatever level it is. Like, I get it, that's F2P games, but still - sucks that my EXP isn't getting me anything (I'm not gonna buy the mastery pass with real money).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Lone Goat posted:

you can buy it with gems, not real money

Well sure, if I didn't use them to draft.

E: V I'll see if I can try and save them up. I have 900 right now, so getting the other 2500 shouldn't be toooo terrible.

TheMaestroso fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 5, 2019

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Arglebargle III posted:

Tempted to just queue up land destruction Field of the Dead is so common now. Very stoked for a full year of unanswerable permanents.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Weird - it gave me a new quest for today, but I can't refresh any of them.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Harl37 posted:

Try restarting the client, same thing happened to me yesterday.

Thanks, got it working

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Did the event and didn't realize until I 2-0'd that you have to play three games for every instance of 200XP. gently caress that noise.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Waffleopolis posted:

Turn 3 Drakuseth

Not sure what deck you're envisioning where you can both have 4 mana on turn 3 AND have three of it be red.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Spiderdrake posted:

Cool it's that devoid card only not sucking rear end this time. Well not a full rear end.

I seem to remember Kozilek's Return being a staple of at least one deck in the OGW/SOI/EDM Standard season. But that cost 2R and cast for free from your graveyard when you played a big spell.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

kater posted:

This deck owns but I think I want to cut Krenko, even if he's the entire reason I made the deck. Maybe for Feather? It has synergy with Hero and Aurelia sorta and I'm usually going 4 God's Willings from sideboard. Feels silly, but a flying 3/4 is better than anything else I can think of. I also don't really like Hero with so few triggers but can't find a two drop I like better either. Plus its not like the opponent knows I ain't got triggers so she definitely soaks removal.

Feather would work mana-wise since you already have a heavy emphasis on WW in the early game, but you would only really be using her for the body. And I'm not sure about having 4 of a legendary creature that mostly just attacks and blocks in this deck.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Absolutely LOVING the Goethe/Fantasia reference.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I've played against esper four times in a row and I'm kinda sick of getting my board wiped constantly

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Props to the guy I just played in Bo1 draft who had Risen Reef out and proceeded to play Scampering Scorcher two turns in a row as well as Brawler, Embercat, and, to top it all off, a Creeping Trailblazer so that I was facing down 30 damage on turn...5? 6? Anyway, GG

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Magic Underwear posted:

Alright I tested it myself. Looks like the +3/+3 is not an ability, so doesn't get wiped.

Did you already activate it or do it in response? Oko wouldn't remove changes in state like that.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Kashuno posted:

If I have both the 1/1 with 3U: Draw 1 and the land with 2UU, tap: Scry 2, which is usually the better option, assuming I haven't scried at all yet?

I would scry, especially if it's on your opp's end step.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Eej posted:

Doesn't that also mean you eat a lava axe and a half

You only eat the life loss if the copies resolve, so it depends on the situation. If a creature represents 2+ damage to you, it's probably worth it. Plus you can always play the Rider out and have lifelink going.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Eej posted:

Sure but like pay 8 life to board wipe against a deck that is likely punching you in the face seems like a bad deal.

TBF, I wouldn't try to do that against a deck like Cavalcade or Rakdos, that seems like a bad idea. Stomp (Bonecrusher Giant) would be a good substitution against those low-to-the-ground aggro decks.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Here to say that having your double strike goblin knight that's holding a giant's skewer get blocked by multiple creatures is just the best.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Any help with this draft? There are a couple cards that are probably easy cuts.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Turns out it's pretty miserable to play against a good mono-B deck in draft.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Wow, okay, I guess I lose this draft to Turn 2 Faerie Vandal -> Turn 3 Foreboding Fruit -> Turn 4 The Royal Scions

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Magnetic North posted:

So I heard about this but haven't interacted with it yet. This is basically like a reward doubler? For leveling during a season (or whatever it's called) you can get normal prize but also get Better Prizes if you have mastery for the set? It's retroactive too, so you can decide to buy in later?

How often are these masteries needed? To earn 3400 gems for free, it seems like I'd need to get full value off 4.5 gold drafts. So at least 25000 gold, which is 18 days assuming getting 1375 (750 for daily wins and either a 500 or 750 quest) per day. If it's 3 months or 6 months that's fine, but if it's monthly, that's rough. Which might be the point.

Mastery Passes are for the set, so it's good until the new Theros set comes out.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Punching a Planeswalker for 8... seems good

10 :getin:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Kinda sucks that these metagame challenges are placed so early in the format. Gives you very little time to put together a deck unless you drop a bunch of cash on packs.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Currently 6-1 with this beauty. I think I like being heavier in blue than black in Dimir. The only card I don't like in it is the mermaid, but I was low on early creatures.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Spiderdrake posted:

MTGA: Bot drafts are fine

also MTGA:

Stolen from reddit but yeesh

I really don't want to play this limited format

I managed to beat one of these decks (a mono-U version) earlier with a UB deck. They were even bouncing their secretkeepers and replaying them, lol. Helped that I had multiple counterspells and some real pressure in the air.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Lol, I just played a deck that literally just went Turn 1 Island, mill 4; Turn 2 Island, mill 4, Secretkeeper; Turn 3 Gargoyle; Turn 4 attack for 5, on my turn So Tiny on my Keeper of Fables, then So Tiny on my unblockable Gingerbrute

For the record, I had Golden Goose on Turn 1 into Gingerbrute and the Rose Halberd on the goose plus Barge In, Scorching Dragonfire, and the Keeper in hand

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Eej posted:

The Camelot + Fairy Tale mashup as done really poorly for sure.

:frogout:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Eej posted:

There's like vague hints of story with the knights going out on some quest for... one of the kingdoms? and then there's Fairy Tale stuff along the way they gotta get through.

I don't really care about the actual storyline, I thought you were talking about the setting.

Even if I didn't like most of what they did flavor-wise (I did), it would all be worth it for Oathsworn Knight existing.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Current draft in Bo1 I made a BG food deck. Currently 3-0, and have yet to face a mill deck. Maybe the bots are better?

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Man, I thought Secretkeeper was the worst thing to play against in draft, but I was wrong. It's facing Cauldron Familiar and two Witch's Ovens.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

My first draft opponent today opened the game with a Once Upon A Time, followed by a Golden Goose. They later played a Feasting Troll King as well as a Lovestruck Beast when they had multiple 1/1s.

It didn't go well.

2nd game was against a mill deck with Lucky Clover, and I think you can figure out how that went.

Kinda sucks, because I finally got to draft a UR draw deck with the added bonus of a splashed Grumgully to make my free Improbable Alliance tokens bigger (as well as all but one of my creatures).

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Hammer Bro. posted:

Can we not reroll quests anymore?

I think there's a specific time of day where it resets, but I couldn't tell you what it is. I just know it's between 6 and 10 am PST.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Hammer Bro. posted:

I'm not sure I follow.

I hadn't logged in for two days. Neither of the new quests were rerollable.

Are you suggesting that can only be done during a specific window of time?

That's different - I was able to do it today. Maybe relog? If that doesn't work, try restarting the comp. Sounds like a strange bug to me.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I should probably cut something for a land, but having a hard time deciding! Also, any card-swapping suggestions are welcome.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Gotta say, pulling off Murderous Rider + Lucky Clover in draft is the best feeling.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

This one's tough. Any suggestions?

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Strontosaurus posted:

So I was just playing a game where a guy cast Covetous Urge on me while I had 0 cards in hand. For some reason, it let him pull a Flaxen Intruder out of my graveyard or exile pile or something. He didn't play anything, and I swung for lethal. I have no idea what the interface looked like on his end, but has anyone else seen this? It's gotta be a bug, right?

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Strontosaurus posted:

You're right, I'm dumb. I thought it was just from my hand.

TBF, I've cast this card myself and not realized I can take something from their grave until the menu popped up. :shrug:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Kjermzs posted:

That article is from June.

Listen pal, jokes are timeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Feel like this could go a couple different ways, but I'm interested in others' thoughts.