Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I truly loving hate this game's love of pitting you into mirror matches.

It's day *two* and I slapped together something resembling the linked Dance of the Manse / Doom Foretold deck, the FIRST game is an exact mirror match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I am interested in any deck that can run Quasiduplicate, but the dwarves seem incredibly fragile to Legions End or any board wipe. Do you just aggro them down fast enough and hold on to your butt?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
It's 1000% jank but my Cauldron Familiar / Witch's Oven deck is hilarious and moderately successful in non ranked.

Baking cats into pies all day long, what a dumb combo.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The linked deck looks like a real deck, whereas mine is an Orzhov pile that I threw together from what I had available after someone demonstrated the Cat/Oven interaction with some weird midrange golgari version.

The cat is surprisingly hard to interact with and lots of opponents will waste a lot of effort trying to remove it in vain, two for one or worse on themselves, and it's an absolute champion chump blocker. Multiple ovens means multiple cat ETB every turn, and sticking any of the other triggering creatures like Cruel Celebrant or Ayara really adds up fast.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Chadzok posted:

Dance mirror matches are the worst thing ever. I played my first one right out to the boring end of the murderous riders at the bottom of each deck. I'll never waste another half hour of my life like that, I'd rather concede straight away.

I snuck two Fae of Wishes into my Dance Doom deck to pull answers like Ashiok and Unmoored Ego out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I hate high-pressure constructed events so I just jammed a bant ramp deck to get it over with and went 4 wins, which I am satisfied with.

There is a ton of Golos Field out there, for anyone who hasn't picked a deck yet, you better have answers for that matchup.