Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!
My opponent had a great plan against my Re-animator deck, "he can't steal my permanents if I don't play any!" but he still lost... Seriously though I don't know what he was doing. He auto-passed every turn and sat on the End Turn button until it timed out and forced him to discard...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
100xp away from 100 and no way to get more til tomorrow, when I come here and see there's a code for 5 free levels, nice!

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I got bored of Oko and some of the other popular decks and threw together this green/blue deck that I am having a lot of fun with in BO1. The idea is to basically throw down a bunch of land to support my big creatures and steal spells. It has been winning more than I thought it would and really only has trouble with aggro decks. I wish there were more ways to wipe a board with these colors but being able to steal the board helps.

If anyone has any tips for improving this I'd appreciate it.

Deck
2 Mass Manipulation (RNA) 42
6 Forest (ELD) 269
4 Agent of Treachery (M20) 43
4 Growth Spiral (RNA) 178
6 Island (ELD) 257
2 Beanstalk Giant (ELD) 149
2 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
2 Circuitous Route (GRN) 125
2 Arboreal Grazer (WAR) 149
2 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
3 Sinister Sabotage (GRN) 54
2 Opt (XLN) 65
4 Nullhide Ferox (GRN) 138
1 The Great Henge (ELD) 161
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
2 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
2 Thornwood Falls (M20) 258
4 Simic Guildgate (RNA) 258
2 Frogify (ELD) 47
2 Fblthp, the Lost (WAR) 50
2 Brazen Borrower (ELD) 39

Sideboard
1 Frogify (ELD) 47
1 Opt (XLN) 65
1 Dungeon Geists (M20) 57
2 Flood of Tears (M20) 59
1 Mass Manipulation (RNA) 42
1 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
1 Planewide Celebration (WAR) 172
1 Brazen Borrower (ELD) 39
1 Circuitous Route (GRN) 125
1 Sinister Sabotage (GRN) 54
2 Natural End (M20) 183
2 Veil of Summer (M20) 198

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

...Anyways Twitch Rivals is sweet, here is Emma Handy’s ABZAN FUD

https://twitter.com/em_teegee/status/1196931610853031937?s=21

I've only played a few games with it but this deck is both good and fun.

Here is the import if anyone wants it.

Deck
4 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
1 Ethereal Absolution (RNA) 170
2 Kaya, Orzhov Usurper (RNA) 186
3 Kaya's Wrath (RNA) 187
4 Godless Shrine (RNA) 248
1 Ugin, the Ineffable (WAR) 2
4 Oath of Kaya (WAR) 209
2 Temple of Silence (M20) 256
4 Cauldron Familiar (ELD) 81
3 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
4 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
4 Trail of Crumbs (ELD) 179
4 Doom Foretold (ELD) 187
4 Witch's Oven (ELD) 237
1 Castle Ardenvale (ELD) 238
1 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
3 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
2 Plains (ELD) 253
3 Swamp (ELD) 261
2 Forest (ELD) 269

Sideboard
1 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
1 Vraska, Golgari Queen (GRN) 213
1 Ethereal Absolution (RNA) 170
1 Kaya, Orzhov Usurper (RNA) 186
1 Kaya's Wrath (RNA) 187
2 Legion's End (M20) 106
2 Noxious Grasp (M20) 110
2 Rotting Regisaur (M20) 111
4 Duress (M19) 94

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001

Dracula Factory posted:

gently caress I'm so glad I made the leap into Bo3, I won a game 3 entirely because of good sideboarding decisions and it feels really good.

I recently made the switch too and also want to thank those who encouraged playing Bo3 as I have been playing Bo1 almost exclusively since launch. The games are so much more fun and satisfying in Bo3.

Unrelated I'd like to add that one of the best feelings in this game I find is thinking I'm doomed from the start and then beating a mill deck when they get me down to like 3 cards left.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I've noticed that a lot of different decks that run green have Lovestruck Beast in the side board. When is it most appropriate to bring that in? Is it if you face a heavy aggro deck or are there other situations it's good for?

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I was on the Cat Oven train for a while but I tell ya what the interactions between the Blue adventure cards and Lucky Clover are so much more fun and less monotonous. Brazen Borrowing multiple of my opponents permanents or pulling multiple cards out of my side board at a time is just too good.

Deck
3 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
4 Beanstalk Giant (ELD) 149
4 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
3 Brazen Borrower (ELD) 39
4 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
3 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
2 Disdainful Stroke (GRN) 37
2 Aether Gust (M20) 42
4 Growth Spiral (RNA) 178
4 Lucky Clover (ELD) 226
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Forest (ELD) 266
3 Island (ELD) 254
2 Mountain (ELD) 262
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
2 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
3 Temple of Epiphany (M20) 253
2 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
2 Rugged Highlands (M20) 250
1 Thornwood Falls (ELD) 313

Sideboard
1 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
1 Disdainful Stroke (GRN) 37
1 Expansion // Explosion (GRN) 224
1 Flame Sweep (M20) 139
1 Fling (ELD) 126
1 Fry (M20) 140
1 Mass Manipulation (RNA) 42
2 Mystical Dispute (ELD) 58
1 Negate (RIX) 44
1 Planewide Celebration (WAR) 172
2 Return to Nature (WAR) 175
1 Clear the Mind (RNA) 34
1 Finale of Revelation (WAR) 51

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
Queue up for the event for the first time, decide to try the Ashiok deck because I love me some U/B. Sit in queue for 5 minutes before I decide to try the White deck. Get an opponent instantly and an ok starting hand. My opponent goes first and plays 3 artifacts and an enchantment basically emptying his hand before I even put down a land. By turn 3 he was beating in my face with the Ghastlord and controlling my poo poo. Great event!

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I got one of these in my email for the first time. All you discard junkies will enjoy this one:

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001

I want to like this deck but so far I've mostly either gotten stuck without a black source (even after mulligans and first few draws) and/or gotten trounced by aggro. Maybe everyone is playing RDW to get their wins before bed but it's goddamn annoying.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001

Eej posted:

You're onto something

https://twitter.com/starch255/status/1252442638739025921

Cause this deck freakin slaps!!

e: 4 game winstreak over because I ran into some bizarre Sultai deck that maindecked Ashiok

Trying this deck and of course the first match I play against UW control... Narset really cripples it.

Edit: Game 2, opponent plays Ashiok Dream Render on turn 3... very cool and good.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 22, 2020

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
Ok, this is broken... on turn 5 or 6 my opponent used Zirda, Faeburrow Elder, Incubation Druid and High Alert to get himself infinite mana. Used it to whip out a Fae of Wishes to get himself a Mass Manipulation... The chances he'd get all his special cards right away must be low but still, that was bullshit. I was playing Simic Flash and of course didn't draw a single counter before he did this.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
Great to see all my opponents defaulting back to RDW now that companions are getting nerfed.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

So did anyone put up a Doom Foretold deck yet because I loved the hell out of that deck before it got buried under, uh, I forget what exactly killed Danse Manse aside from "dying before turn 4".

I've been playing this one that's worked out well for me. Was easier before the companion nerf, seeing more aggro now but it's still fun.

Companion
1 Kaheera, the Orphanguard

Deck
2 Kaya, Orzhov Usurper
4 Kaya's Wrath
4 Godless Shrine
2 Prison Realm
1 Liliana, Dreadhorde General
4 Oath of Kaya
1 Cavalier of Dawn
2 Disenchant
4 Temple of Silence
4 Doom Foretold
2 Castle Ardenvale
2 Castle Locthwain
4 The Birth of Meletis
2 Elspeth Conquers Death
2 Elspeth, Sun's Nemesis
4 Agonizing Remorse
3 Treacherous Blessing
2 Heartless Act
6 Plains
6 Swamp

Sideboard
2 Cry of the Carnarium
2 The Wanderer
1 Liliana, Dreadhorde General
2 Despark
1 Cavalier of Dawn
3 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Duress
1 Elspeth Conquers Death
1 Kaheera, the Orphanguard

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001

IMJack posted:

Is it me or is the server getting hammered right now?

My screen keeps going black for long periods after a match. Alt+f4 and restarting seems to fix

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
Having a dog whining the entire time I'm playing got old immediately

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
Doom foretold is one of my favorite cards and I've been playing that yorion orzhov doom deck for a week or two now and it's the most fun I've had in a while.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
Love too click 300 times to buy 100 packs with gold

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
Doom Foretold is one of my favorite cards and I played a LOT of Orzhov Doom before the latest rotation. So I just wanted to share this Esper Doom deck I've been having fun with in BO1. It's not super fresh but it's holding up against all kinds of decks.

Deck
1 Heartless Act (IKO) 91
2 Treacherous Blessing (THB) 117
3 Spare Supplies (ZNR) 254
2 Bloodchief's Thirst (ZNR) 94
1 Island (ANB) 113
3 Clearwater Pathway (ZNR) 260
4 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
2 Jwari Disruption (ZNR) 64
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
1 Castle Ardenvale (ELD) 238
1 Shadows' Verdict (ZNR) 124
2 Dance of the Manse (ELD) 186
1 Banishing Light (THB) 4
1 Ondu Inversion (ZNR) 30
1 Yorion, Sky Nomad (IKO) 232
2 Elspeth Conquers Death (THB) 13
4 Shatter the Sky (THB) 37
3 Omen of the Sun (THB) 30
2 Golden Egg (ELD) 220
2 Confounding Conundrum (ZNR) 53
2 Shark Typhoon (IKO) 67
2 Hagra Mauling (ZNR) 106
7 Plains (ANB) 115
1 Temple of Silence (M21) 255
2 Temple of Silence (M20) 256
4 Doom Foretold (ELD) 187
3 Omen of the Sea (THB) 58

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
Like a year ago I thought mill decks were hilarious and one of my favorite things to play. Now that everyone is playing them, it's miserable. Every game is more or less a mirror and comes down to who can throw their opponent's deck in the trash first.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I've been playing Crabsong and having a blast as well. A lot of the time, the opponent concedes as soon as I play the crab or a merfolk on turn 1, so many people don't even want to deal with mill poo poo. Earlier I milled almost 40 cards in 1 turn when I had a couple of cobras, a crab, innkeeper, song and tutelage out. I disagree with anyone who says the innkeeper isn't useful, his extra card draw really helps the synergy.

Here are my stats, 3-0 since replacing beanstalks with merchants, I did feel like the beanstalks weren't useful.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I have like 100 games of Crabsong in now and a positive win rate (55% in Bo1). It's not a deck you play to win ranked games, it's a deck you play to mill your opponent's library over 1-2 turns while they watch in disbelief and you cackle like a madman.

The way I play is to empty my hand as much as I can in the first couple of turns, using Crab, SecretKeeper and Borrowing or Crushing opponents cards, delaying them and giving me some adventures to play for Song and InnKeeper. InnKeepers make for nice distractions or extra draws if not removed. Cobras help with early ramp.

Don't be afraid to play all your cards from your hand because Song is going to have you drawing 2 every time you cast a spell, but resist playing those exiled adventures until later. By T4 hopefully you have a Tutelage out and a Song to play. If you have extra mana or a Cobra, it's really easy to kick off the combos with the adventure cards exiled from the first few rounds.

Aggro and big creature decks are the worst, you'll almost never beat cycling or decks that run 80+ cards (which usually also have lots of removal)... but as someone pointed out, you run into a lot of jank that has no way to stop you from trashing their deck.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I took a break from Crabsong to play cycling and my first match was against some sort of crazy Nyxbloom/Kinnan mana deck. This dude started out trying to mill me with a crab and then played all but one of the creatures in the screenshot out of his deck in 1 turn... and he had almost 400 mana leftover, it was nuts.

He played all that, attacked me with the one he had out already and then I dinged his rear end with a Zenith Flare. Almost had me.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I've been playing the CGB Yorion red deck in Bo1 and it's funny to me that my opponents probably let our a sigh expecting another Yorion deck but it's just 80 card RDW. I also use the Ugin card back to initially demoralize them a bit more. They've usually figured it out by the time the Embercleave hits them.

Companion

Deck
4 Shock (M19) 156
4 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
4 Embercleave (ELD) 120
4 Fervent Champion (ELD) 124
4 Rimrock Knight (ELD) 137
4 Robber of the Rich (ELD) 138
4 Torbran, Thane of Red Fell (ELD) 147
4 Castle Embereth (ELD) 239
4 Anax, Hardened in the Forge (THB) 125
4 Phoenix of Ash (THB) 148
4 Akoum Hellhound (ZNR) 133
4 Fireblade Charger (ZNR) 139
2 Kargan Intimidator (ZNR) 145
2 Roil Eruption (ZNR) 155
4 Shatterskull Smashing (ZNR) 161
4 Needleverge Pathway (ZNR) 263
4 Riverglide Pathway (ZNR) 264
16 Mountain (KLR) 298

Sideboard

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I've got 127k gold saved up for packs, can't wait to click 254 times to buy them! At least I can open them 10 at a time.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
My opponent played a Crippling Fear on me and chose "Pilot" as the creature type which applied to all of my differently typed creatures, didn't know what happened at first. When I looked up the Pilot creature type, I understood what happened, but man it seems like Pilot shouldn't be a creature type for that purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I am having a blast with this blue deck in Bo1 https://aetherhub.com/Deck/big-blue-518423

Got to chain 3 Alrund's Epiphany with a Shark Tornado out for the kill, can't believe my opponent didn't quit.