Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Speaking of slivers this game last night was fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dias posted:

I'm currently getting infinite roped by a player during a draft, that's really fun. Fix your fuckin' servers, Wotc.

EDIT: ah, what the gently caress, I just lost my draft because of maintenance? Warn me before you fix your fuckin' servers, Wotc.

I got a popup in the middle of a game saying maintenance was starting soon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dias posted:

I didn't get anything, and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the draft refunded either. I might just have been unlucky and logged in right after last warning, or I missed a warning in the draft screen.

I already lost my Kaldheim draft because of lovely servers so that sucks. Barely have time to draft nowadays and tech issues keep fuckin' me over.

edit: okay, they said no downtime, so hopefully I just lost this one match due to server fuckery instead of losing out on the last two hours to finish the draft

That sucks, hopefully it's not too catastrophic. poo poo's definitely been extra buggy since the season change

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just opened the game and got into a game almost immediately. Maybe I'm just lucky

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just opened the game and got into a game almost immediately. Maybe I'm just lucky

Okay but then I got into 1 more game out of like 4 tries lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Modular Junkyard is pretty drat fun and has good synergy with the different artifact effects from each pack

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeinPanzer posted:

Is there anything worse than having someone consistently, persistently playing slowly for an entire game. Never roping, never dropping, but just consistently taking forever to make every move.

It’s absolutely my least favorite thing in the world made worse by the fact that there’s no way to communicate except emotes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

I'm extremely curious what you'd want to communicate, and if you think it'd make the other player play faster.

I'd like to yell "GO FASTER" at them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

El_Molestadore posted:

Was allowed to draft this absolute filth. Easy trophy :toot:

Hachi machi

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Have you tried being one of those ppl that just spam "Your go" constantly?

Someone did that to me yesterday and it pissed me off so I see your point

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also I only realized yesterday that you can get around indestructible by lowering a creature’s toughness to 0 or less. Looks like flunk is gonna get some more use

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Probably not a ton of people are playing the standard 2022 queue because they can’t use their precious bonecrusher giants

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This deck still needs a lot of work and crafting but so far I've had some wins and it's royally pissed a few people off

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is Arena down right now. I'm getting a can't connect error immediately on opening

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Did a standard event and got matched twice in a row with the same person using perhaps the most obnoxious control deck I've ever seen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

What made it more obnoxious than normal? no win cons?

It was obnoxious because I died both times :troll:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

Playing rat colony in the pauper midweek queue because I am the most boring person in the universe :toot:

I’ve seen so many rat colonies today

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I thought I would enjoy the historic pauper event more but I only started playing about a month ago so I have very little in the way of older cards. I have to build mostly from the standard legal stuff which doesn't give me nearly as many options

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is there any reason whatsoever to keep all the preconstructed decks in my decklist. I would assume no

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You'd have to be a real sick gently caress to play a mill deck

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daybound, ahhhhhhh fighter of the nightbound

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kull the Conqueror posted:

FINALLY, Castlevania 2 has come to Magic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ithle01 posted:

So, when do we start tracking day/night? When the game begins or when a permanent with daybound/nightbound first enters the battlefield? I'm having trouble parsing the language on Day. It looks like you don't track until a permanent enters the battlefield or if a card would automatically set it to day or night.

Looks like it’s as you say, start tracking it when a day/nightbound permanent enters the battlefield or a card sets time of day

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

As with most weird rules, arena will probably make it easier to understand

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mike N Eich posted:

I'm a little baby who enjoys bells and whistles and I'm actually excited to see what the night and day animations are gonna look like MTG Arena

I'm also the kind of person who never gets bored with the animations certain rares and mythic legends get. I like fun little aesthetic things!

I love slamming down Koma and seeing a huge rear end serpent slither around the battlefield

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

house of the dad posted:

It's free gold in the shop day

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sinteres posted:

Well they definitely didn't fix the server issues. I'm getting forever queue sometimes, and a game I was in just completely poo poo itself and wouldn't accept commands, then was just gone (with no win, so oppo didn't concede) when I closed and reopened the client, so it's worse than it was before the downtime.

Yeah poo poo seems slightly hosed right now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Said in a way that I think I’m being really clever* Have you tried the BOFA method

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the XP and gold and a few AFR rares and card backs. Thank you WOTC

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lockdar posted:

It's 3/9 in non America so not getting the joke isn't that strange.

It’s illegal for non Americans to play MTG. Sorry I don’t make the rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PhilippAchtel posted:

I did really badly for the event, but I eventually got my two wins. The removal in the black deck seemed really powerful.

Same. I mostly tried the red/white deck but the black deck seemed to have the biggest advantage overall

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No Wave posted:

What bug do you think happened?

Book of exalted deeds is banned in standard 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Isn’t bOok only banned in Bo1 but is legal is Bo3?

Standard 2022 is only BO1

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Man non-2022 standard is just dire. I can't wait for those sets to leave rotation

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Whooping Crabs posted:

I've really enjoyed 2022 standard. I wouldn't mind if they added a permanent mini-standard where only the last 4 sets are legal to keep things fresh.

Yeah I'm enjoying it too. Feels more balanced than non-2022 lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Glad I did this late night quick draft because I pulled Grand Master of Flowers, two Lair of the Hydra and a Tarrasque :staredog:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The more I do AFR drafts the more I realize this set sucks for drafting. I can’t wait for midnight hunt draft

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually it looks like they’re gonna rotate to Strixhaven quick draft soon so that will be a good change of pace

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Huxley posted:

Also, the best brawl commander right now might be Sethis (the WG enchantment creature from MH2). I have yet to play a game against her that I felt at any point like I had a chance.

I built a Sythis deck and she rules but I've lost a couple games. Actually last night I played a game against someone with Serra and they got the badge where you can't get below 1 health from damage if you have creatures and I was out of creature removal by that point so this happened and I drew myself to death:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Eej posted:

Innistrad is the one plane that consistently produces bangers and this set looks really good so far.

It looks kickass and I can't wait to play drafts