Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

lol the adventure cards are the busiest, ugliest cards ever

Brawl is good. Can't wait to brew up a bunch of janky decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

The 2:1 is way worse than any of the problems the mastery pass had. It's total loving horseshit. That said, I'm currently spending all my gold/wildcards on ix/dom packs and rares because it looks like they're deadset on making it a more 'expensive' format for whatever dumbfuck reasons they've internally invented.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Really a needs to be a "No, it wasn't" emote to respond to a simic flash "Good Game"

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Can't get a single Golos win past the All Cavalcade Event. tilting hard and can't stop the post.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I ended up running a mono-blue "all the counters + brineborn" deck out of frustration. It wasn't a clear favourite but it felt good to a boring rear end in a top hat of a slightly different flavour and my horrendous streak of losses stopped.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Justin_Brett posted:

There's too many two for ones in the Storybook cards for RDW to still be that big an issue I think, unless there's an equally value-filled red card.

Give us the R 1/1 haste R adventure: Shock you cowards

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

You have to sit somewhere to eat it. Get into the roleplay guys.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Have you thought maybe you just lack the skills it takes to best your opponents? I myself have been performing admirably.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Lol my opponent got Blazing Archon so I can't attack him period.

That's when you roll up an Agent of Treachery for 7. Jeez people, this is basic, basic stuff.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I think feather is a pretty unique and cool deck which promotes the use of otherwise completely unplayable trash cards?

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Personally I can't wait for 2021, a Teferi for every rarity and CMC I say.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

If the bots aren't on the ball the merfolk miller and Didn't Say Please (1UU common counter, mill three) will be this season's artifact dude + Heartpiercer Bow

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Now, was it because of his Teferi clowncar deck? Almost certainly not. But it does suggest that the universe doesn't look kindly on such atrocities.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

salt shakeup posted:

They're complaining that they don't get a shockland if they own any copies of that same shockland already. I don't really give a poo poo about that but you don't need to exaggerate to make them look whiney.

It doesn't make sense though, why would they ever give cards over and above the ones required to make the deck? Has that ever been the case? Min/maxing your digital card collection that far in advance is so pathetic that I'm glad it didn't work out for them.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

7-1 with my first sealed run, a blue-red 'card draw matters' deck. I would post a decklist but they still don't loving let you look at it after the last win.

It was mainly Improbable Alliance + Steelgaze Griffin + Mad Ratter for the wins.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Wait the Oko 3/3 ability is a plus??
That's loving broken, surely.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

pointsofdata posted:

Just played someone with (at least) 3 mythics in their sealed pool. It's ok for some

My sealed tilt was a play against a mill deck that could have been constructed. Folio of fancies, endless milling merfolk and apprentices. My deck was irrelevant, nothing could have stopped that.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Dance mirror matches are the worst thing ever. I played my first one right out to the boring end of the murderous riders at the bottom of each deck. I'll never waste another half hour of my life like that, I'd rather concede straight away.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

How does this happen? Don’t you hold up thought erasure to protect your Dance eggs?

At the dawn of time there was created two Perfect Beings. Powerful and Mighty were they, and Perfectly Optimally would they play any card game they were challenged in. It was Foretold that one day these creatures were destined to battle. And on that day a Perfect Stalemate would be reached, in which Looping Suicidal Murderous Riders would spell the Doom of interesting gameplay. I must be one of those beings.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

No Wave posted:

It's like a mass manipulation deck, but you don't have any ramp and you can't take planeswalkers and you have to pay 10 mana per thing you steal.

But your mana can attack!

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

5-2 with copy/paste Golos. Pretty ridic deck, sifting through the sideboard for a win condition is pretty drat fun and I expect to see mostly this deck in the bo1 queue for months. I only need 3 more rare wildcards.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Maybe it'll get the Nexus treatment, bo3 only

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

This deck was disgusting.
I felt sorry for the guy piloting a u/r 'card draw matters' deck who copped the t3 lucky clover + merfolk t4 merfolk merfolk for a 24 mill :(

Edit: Jesus gently caress that image is large. Sorry, but I couldn't be hosed fixing it. Hell it represents the large need for human drafts.

Extra edit: Easiest and quickest 7-0 I've ever had.

Chadzok fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 14, 2019

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

axeil posted:

Getting out of gold in limited requires you to be really good at limited.

Thanks, just hit Plat this morning :smuggo:

But yeah, bankroll: If I think I’m going to enjoy the format I give myself a $100 gem pack. Really been enjoying Eldraine.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

i've been tearing it up in ELD and somehow have a 70+% winrate, just got to plat this month from like bronze 1 or something. i keep a gallery of my decks so if anyone wants a look, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/IDHpSBL you can also see how my gold/gems are progressing over the course of these events, since i don't buy boosters. i haven't missed a daily quest or weekly win during ELD, but i don't always get my first 4 wins a day for the gold.

Wow, I wish I'd done this. Wonder if my stats and deck info would be retrievable somehow?

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

Can't wait to get my 4 free rare wild cards today I tell you what

Hey yeah! I was looking at that 0-cost creature jank and somehow never got any Chamber Sentrys. Problem solved! Thanks, bad card design!

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

Planeswalkers in general are fine, the problem is Wizards pushing walkers that are too cheap, get too much value the turn they come down and then turn the game into a minigame about whether you can remove them or not. Oko is especially bad about this due to how absurd his loyalty is (6 loyalty 3 mana planeswalker, what the gently caress were Wizards thinking lol)

I think we have hit "peak planeswalker" and Wizards will be toning it down from now on, especially with under 4 mana walkers.

Let me introduce you to Core 2021, featuring four new Teferis that all ruin your theory

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

True goons fblthp and pony rear end for all time

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Holy poo poo, proper drafts.
Oh no, I might start playing again :(
It was a relief to get off the daily grind a few months ago. I’ll probably be strictly draft if I do reinstall.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Human draft is so cool :swoon:

Had to show off this wicked cycling deck I just drafted - the game plan is basically to cycle everything except my 4 Drannith Stingers.. should be interesting!
I'll let you know how it goes.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

For someone scraping the barrel of gems and literally cheering each time my draft breaks even so I can draft again - today's daily deal brings a slight lessening of the stress. I like what they're doing with the deals and it gives me more reason to become re-addicted the daily gold digging.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

https://mtgadraft.herokuapp.com/

lets you draft offline with your buddies (and bots to fill seats if you need them), then you import the decks into arena and play via direct challenge

you'll need to craft the cards you're missing, but it's a fun way to make your own draft pod

Goon comp when

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I'm continually eating poo poo in this draft format, I keep getting half of a deck and then cut off, try to take a damage control lane change and end up with a pile of crap.

Also letting myself be guided into color splashes by the Ultimatums is, I think I have finally concluded after 3+ times, a horrible trap.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

ok I think I finally got something worth a few wins. It's way too heavy on mutate enablers instead of payoffs but.. well, I was picking everything I could with mutate. Should I make any adjustments?

edit: swapped the mosscoat for the glimmerbell

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Are there any free companion/overlay apps that quickly show you which cards didn't wheel?

MTGAHelper has this feature, and I'm thinking of slinging him the first $3 to try it out, but I guess if I can get it for free somewhere I'd rather that. I already blow enough wads on this game.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-draft-helper-31452577

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

3 wins happy
5+ wins indestructible golden god
2 wins gently caress off stupid bullshit game you suck, loving hate this game

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Finally went the distance with U/R Spells, 7-2.
Had to throw in Lukka as an awkward 41st card but he was completely useless. The only time he dropped I was too afraid of decking to activate him.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

Was whirlwind of thought worth? I've generally found it to be a massive tempo hit.

I don't think the deck would have worked without it, it pretty much won me every game. I basically stalled the early game or just took face damage until I brought Whirlwind online and then gradually outvalued. Ultimatum was important too but without Whirlwind I would never have drawn it or the lands to cast it. The only change I would have made if possible was swapping literally any removal for more Essence Scatters, super good in this format.

Chadzok fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 1, 2020

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Launching soon with this tricksy R/B deck (I'll probably just end up cycling most of the whites).. hoping to get the Porcuparrot/Boot Nipper combo off.. I'd also be happy with a go at Bushmeat Poacher/Tentative Connection. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

You'd think so and then some days you come across a hexproof Pteron with Colossification and you wonder why you were so proud of your 5 Blood Curdles.