Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Tonight I drafted what I thought was a pretty sweet BG food deck in BO1 limited. Had a nice 3-1 record going and was feeling good about my chances at a trophy. My next two opponents each played Oko on Turn 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I think the eldraine arena bots are the best they’ve ever been

4 drafts tonight, absolutely stomped to 7 wins with RW and RG, 4 wins with an ugly UG pile and 2-3 with UB control that was too light on removal.

The UB control stuff that you could reliably grab very late is clearly going higher. no more merfolk, so tiny, didn’t say please etc on the wheel, if you want that stuff you’ve actually got to go take it. I definitely played against a lot fewer control/mill decks overall

Certainly not perfect but we’ve come a long way

This was my experience as well the past few days. Much more enjoyable games and midrange decks are much more viable since they aren't just getting poo poo all over by the mill decks with 7 copies of So Tiny.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

flatluigi posted:

if they made that fundamental rules change combat would really suck

you'd have to double block any big creature and bounces would become ridiculously powerful

Burn spells too.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Kjermzs posted:

Thanks for this. I ran a quick 5-1 with it this morning.

Ditto. Fun deck and a nice change of pace; the Artisan event format seems pretty cool in general just as a way to get some mileage out of common and uncommon wildcards.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Arglebargle III posted:

Cat is worse to play against than Simic flash.

It’s worth keeping in mind that you’ve been playing at low ranks, so your cat-oven opponents are likely very very inexperienced with their decks (since otherwise they’d have ranked up given that they’re playing the best deck). Once you rank up more the cat-oven players should speed up a lot.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

abuse culture. posted:

I’d take flutterfox there. I’m never playing black or blue on arena and a 3/3 flyer for four is much worse than a 2/2 flyer for two in the insane psycho format that is Arena Eldraine

Seconded.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Something seems to have gone weird with the rank-down protection for me; it used to be the case that (in Traditional Ranked play) if I was at a rank boundary (say, just ranked up to Plat 2) then I would have to lose two matches in order to rank back down (i.e. to go to Plat 3 + 4 pips). Now I seem to rank down every time. Did something change? Am I bugged?

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

SuperKlaus posted:

I like this Cult of Rakdos newbie deck I got for leveling my account. Card draw and action. I assume it's totally worthless for fighting humans instead of the bot?

If you use the "Play" mode you will get paired with other newbie decks (for the most part) and it will be just fine. Don't use it for anything else unless you like being goldfished.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

They are unranked

Yes, but why is there not a ranked Theros option available? It’s bizarre that the only way to rank up in limited is to play an old (solved) format rather than a newer more competitive format.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

If you want to play with the new cards you have to pay them money.

That I understand — but nothing prevents them having ranked BO3 that’s gem-only. Honestly I’d also be fine with gem-only BO1 that starts allowing gold after 2 weeks, but I can see how they would want to avoid the optics on that.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Truga posted:

I just had someone cast protection on their creature, but my cavalier of night sac kill went through anyway. Did they pick the wrong colour or is cavalier quirky like that?

They must have picked the wrong color; pro black should have fizzled your ability.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Sedisp posted:

I am insanely confused at how an oppoents and your own doom foretolds can end with you having two permanents besides doom them having only doom them saccing doom then spawning a token for them with no card draw/discard or drain/gain.

Triggers go on the stack in AP-NAP order, meaning that your trigger resolves first, then theirs does. When your trigger resolves, they sac their Doom Foretold. When their trigger resolves, they can't sac anything, so they discard a card, lose 2 life, draw a card, gain 2 life, and make a token.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Sedisp posted:

I see. So mine resolves first forcing them to sac doom. Then their doom resolves which is what gives them the stuff as their is no legal targets for them to sac.

Correct!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

axeil posted:

M20 Chandra

There are literally 4 Chandras in M20