Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
The new untapped.gg is neat, seeing stats is always fun and it's always been the best overlay.

Sadly my winrate sucks though, which I don't need to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Apart from Golos Fields I'm digging the meta. Jeskai Superfriends and Gruul have been my jam for awhile now, and they're both Tier 1.5 so I'm content.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Simone Poodoin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blaYK6zg7oQ

e: this does stomp on golos and does well against others, folds hard to oko though

Played in the mogul.gg $50k competition just now and queued this up for my first match. Opponent was playing Golos Field, of course. I won 2-0.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Got my 2nd game in the mogul.gg championship tonight and going to take this version of Gruul. Expecting to play Golos Field, just like in game 1. What do you side in versus Golos Field?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

drewmoney posted:

Got my 2nd game in the mogul.gg championship tonight and going to take this version of Gruul. Expecting to play Golos Field, just like in game 1. What do you side in versus Golos Field?

Never mind, I went 1-2 vs an Oko ramp deck. :(

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone got any sideboard advice in the Gruul vs Simic Food match up? Seems tough.

drewmoney fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 17, 2019

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Grixis Fires is mad fun, but there's so many combinations in the main deck and wish board that I have no idea what's close to "right".

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Nick Prince has an article on TCG player about beating Simic Food and he doesn't sound too hopeful:
https://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=15533&writer=Nick+Prince&articledate=10-24-2019

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

flatluigi posted:

What's the rest of the sideboard?

This is his latest build:
https://www.streamdecker.com/deck/HelCmvN7

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Shitshow posted:

How does one apply the styles? I tried to incorporate the new Murderous Rider into an existing deck, but it didn’t display the new style. Do I have to build a new deck?

Styles circle and then the card you want to change

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

drainpipe posted:

What's Confidant supposed to be? Crusader?

That is my guess, but I also had no idea what Javier was until mention above.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
There's a ton of aggro in BO1 at poo poo tier gold ranks. Anyone know a good deck to beat them?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Here's the Frank Karsten breakdown for those interested:
https://magic.gg/news/mythic-championship-vii-metagame-breakdown

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone got a list of the current Simic Ramp hotness? Unless it's just the eldraine one plus Uro x4?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
I don't want to draft, but I don't want to waste my entry token. Do I just use it on a premier draft entry , take the best cards in each pick I don't have and then forfeit?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
What's a good BO1 deck in this post-nerf world? Getting beat down by mono red.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone pay for CFB premium content? Wouldn't mind hearing what Frank has to say about the meta right now.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Don't know if this has been discussed already but the fact that you can't run the game fullscreen on macOS is amazing. Who created this port, and why did they think that mac users wouldn't want to run the game fullscreen?!

</rant>

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone got Pro access to CFB? Would love to read this article:

https://www.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/articles/mardu-winota-deck-guide/

Been enjoying playing Mardu Winota post-ban.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

turboraton posted:

Yeahhhhh boi made it to Mythic with Winota! (bo3 crew)

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=26617&d=405647&f=ST

I'm playing a similar deck in bo1. So my question is; what do you sideboard in against aggro?

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

MeinPanzer posted:

Has there been any discussion of fixing all the bugs from running this on a Mac? I'm running it on MacOS High Sierra on a 2015 MacBook Air and every time I load I get a "An asset error occurred during your last play session. Validating asset files to ensure stability, this may take a while" message that takes about two minutes to clear, and every so often it crashes randomly after getting getting to the actual home page. Apparently this has been a known problem with Macs for months but nothing has been done about it.

I honestly cannot believe that it's been out this long on Mac and there's been exactly ZERO patches to improve it. Can't do full screen, crashes, cursor is off by 4-5 pixels, error message every time you load the game.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone willing to pay for untapped.gg access? I'm interested but not sure I'll get the value out of it. The free features have been good enough for me so far.

Is there an alternative? MTGA Assistant uses Overwolf which is another application I'd rather not mess with.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Tried the MacOS version today for the first time in months and it's still really broken. Cursor is out of whack, crashes, errors every time you load it.

Amazing.

Thank goodness for Bootcamp.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Playing a lot of enchantment decks in bo1 poo poo tier, but don't see a lot of enchantment hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Anyone know when the preorder for the next set goes live on mtga?