Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

WTF this is going to enable so much jank. Gonna add this to my leyline/wilder rec jank deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Ban fields, ban golos, ban t3f, ban oko, ban island, give everyone every common and uncommon card and refund wild cards for owners of poo poo rares like awaken the erstwhile (still salty about opening 3 of these in a sealed)

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

bowmore posted:

What's the cheapest deck to get wins with right now? (or maybe after Field dies) I haven't got money to buy packs.

Cavalcade

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Let's focus for a bit on something super good right now, which is brawl. Brawl just kicks rear end and is a massive breath of fresh air compared to standard. What commanders are you guys brewing?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Relin posted:

brawl seems kind of poo poo, it's just all aggro decks. at least in commander theres sufficient sweepers, or sweepers you can tutor for

I have not found this to be the case at all. Sorry I've taken all the jank opponents!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Incubation Druid plus gauntlets of light plus biomancer familiar equals infinite mana. Please help me brainstorm the jankiest wincon for this combo.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Bust Rodd posted:

Stonecoil Serpent

Hmmm not enough jank. Maybe using that thud card to launch him at the opponent, but I want even jankier

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
While researching this very important topic I have discovered that I could turn all my lands into 5/5 elementals using Wakeroot Elemental or draw and cast my entire deck using Golos. Can also use living twister's activations to throw all my lands at them for 2 damage each. Can burn them down with skargan hellkite.

edit: ah ha! Simic Ascendancy!

Turpitude fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 13, 2019

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Spawn of Mayhem is really good right now imo

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Hey guys I really like this elemental quasidupe/neoform deck I made and would like to take it to best of 3 ranked. Does anyone have sideboard advice? I have never done BO3 but i am sick of BO1. I currently feel like I want to replace Cav of Gales with another card, probably red cavalier, but I have no mythic wildcrads to craft him. tia

Neodupele:
4 Risen Reef (M20) 217
4 Leafkin Druid (M20) 178
3 Yarok, the Desecrated (M20) 220
3 Omnath, Locus of the Roil (M20) 216
4 Overgrowth Elemental (M20) 187
4 Healer of the Glade (M20) 176
4 Cloudkin Seer (M20) 54
2 Cavalier of Gales (M20) 52
4 Quasiduplicate (GRN) 51
4 Neoform (WAR) 206

3 Island (ANA) 62
3 Forest (ANA) 65
3 Mountain (ANA) 64
3 Swamp (ANA) 63
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
4 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Bust Rodd posted:

This is very similar to the U/G ramp deck Andrea Mengucci was running in MC8 this last weekend. Look up his deck and you’ll get plenty of SB ideas

TY!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I tried to log in just now but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILVfzx5Pe-A

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Blue blinky God feat. Risen reef, agent of treachery, and my boy yarok!!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

drainpipe posted:

What is my general strategy when playing as uw control vs simic, especially game 1? They seem to have just too many "can't let live or touch battlefield" threats. I can't counter everything and once they drop a cavalier or krasis it seems to be game over.

Sky tether?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
gently caress the people playing RDW in the treasure event. You are supposed to play jank like putting down a turn 2 smothering tithe, you absolute cretins!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Spiderdrake posted:

Just build Grixis with Krasis as your top end. You 1 for 1 while building treasure and then draw a new hand.

if I want a new hand I do it the janky way, with Emergency Powers

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

IMJack posted:

I got roflstomped by a UW artifact creatures deck running All That Glitters and other artifact synergy.

That's what I'm token about!

I'm a big dum dum trying to get tezzeret to shoot his laser hand. A grixis deck sounds fun

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm slightly obsessed with finding a good Constellation list at the moment.

I dunno if it's good but the one with green setessan card draw dude and paradise druids that are enchanted a zillion times is really fun. It's usually selesnya but I think bant could be good too

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Azuth0667 posted:

I really want ashiok's erasure to be playable but, it never seems to work out :negative:.

In historic you can use it and ixalans binding to be a real bastard motherfuvker

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah I saw that as a brawl commander on wednesday which was confusing.

Frog guy is a reward for the brawl event that is going on. He is 10k gold plus 1 win

If you can't see the brawl event try scrolling the play menu they hosed up and I couldn't find it, had to get support.

As for the card, noxious made a great self mill meme deck for it.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
And also can someone explain cube drafts for me? How many cards do you need?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Anyone want to start brainstorming Platinum Angel historic decks? My first thought would be building a typical aura deck around it and alseid and gods willing

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Goon challenge: give your opponent a platinum angel!

thought of this yesterday and implemented it today but have only played 2 matches and I actually did it on the 2nd attempt, I gave him an angel using role reversal. And you know what the bastard did? He sacced the son of a bitch. Anyway long story short I ended up trading him a fluffy kitty (charmed stray, in deck for this reason) for his mayhem devil and let it ping him to death

Anyway historic owns. Next I'm gonna give someone plat angel then mill them so they can't ever leave me.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Bust Rodd posted:

The new fastest way to grind daily wins is to simply pilot 5-Color niv into the Brawl queue and immediately reap multiple snap concessions.

Also the deck is goofy fun. I hit 6 cards off the trigger.

disgusting

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Historic Pauper is a hilarious arms race when both players are buffing creatures with ancestral mask. Little did they know I could suplex their dudes with an indestructible moss viper!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I am stoked about that 11/11 green trampler with Cycling. Gonna reanimate that guy so much.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I impulse bought the Vivien bundle because I want those zillas and I want them NOWWWW!

I also just enjoy smashing the button to open 10 packs at once.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
For anyone wanting to quickly climb bo1 ranked I recommend the rakdos lurrus deck. So many people give up as soon as they see cat oven or when you claim the firstborn their only creature and sac it. It is a very fast agro deck so matches are quick. It chews up slower decks before turn 5 and goes about 50% versus RDW. I didn't have 4 kroxas but I had 1 and 3 robber of the rich, which also makes people rage quit.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Elephant Ambush posted:

Please post the deck!

Companion
1 Lurrus of the Dream Den (IKO) 226

Deck
4 Cauldron Familiar (ELD) 81
6 Swamp (IKO) 268
4 Serrated Scorpion (IKO) 99
4 Whisper Squad (IKO) 105
4 Dreadhorde Butcher (WAR) 194
6 Mountain (IKO) 271
4 Priest of Forgotten Gods (RNA) 83
4 Rix Maadi Reveler (RNA) 109
1 Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger (THB) 221
4 Witch's Oven (ELD) 237
1 Mire's Grasp (THB) 106
4 Claim the Firstborn (ELD) 118
2 Call of the Death-Dweller (IKO) 78
3 Robber of the Rich (ELD) 138
4 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
2 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245

Sideboard
1 Lurrus of the Dream Den (IKO) 226

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Dammit Rust Bod! You'll rue this day!!!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Elephant Ambush posted:

Thanks! Nor sure I have the WCs for this but I'll see what I can put together. I said I'd never play CatOven but this might be an exception if the rest of the deck is aggro enough. I can't fathom how anyone thinks grinding people down slowly with cats and ovens is fun. I want to punch people in the dick hard and win on turn 4 or 5.

You could probably swap the mythics for other 1 or 2 drops. I have also only tried rakdos version, you can go all over the place with this because Lurrus is w/b

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I'm curious as to why lurrus would be at risk of being banned. There is a shitload of graveyard wrecking cards that can be brought against it to nullify the recursion. I've even seen people compare it to Oko, the king of degeneracy. It isn't even close to a fun police card. I would be totally cool with a ban on cauldron familiar however because it is a lovely card that makes playing the game a chore.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

witchy posted:

Obv slamming lurrus turn 3 every game isn't optimal, I was more referring to the fact that he's a fairly powerful recursion engine that is always available when you want/need him due to companion. Meanwhile any specific answer to him is going to require aggressive mulls that cut into win% vs the rest of the deck. He's definitely bannable in older formats (though restriction in vintage wont do much because he's already a 1 of that has an inbuilt tutor)

My thoughts are, if Lurrus becomes a big problem,:

the orzhov cerberus dog isn't that bad,
Cry of the carnarium is still a thing, ditto other exile spells in R/W/B
Tymaret is a thing
Grafidigger's cage is sideboardable
hushbringer is a thing

blah blah blah (other examples) and these cards aren't so narrowly focused as to be worthless against other decks. I think if Lurrus is as bad as people fear, the meta will shift against it fairly easily

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I went 3-0 with the blue/red deck, it is fun! Mulligan for turn 2 Ominous seas, turn 4 storm's wrath/teferi's insight/inscription of insight and draw till you drop!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I'm not smarty pants guy but I think a jank safe queue is super duper easy to make. You just ban the naughty cards like embercleave and island etc. You don't have to be a rocket surgeon. Just ban all the cards that are mean to us jeeze louise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Elect me king of magic and I ban. Counter spell and blink fairy 🧚