Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

For anyone who keeps track of vault progress my checking the output log: looks like Wizards hosed with it, and it's no longer in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

mmkay posted:

You need to enable detailed logs in the account settings.

This is also apparently needed to any trackers, unless they're going to be updated to work with limited logs (if it's possible).

Thank you!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

This is probably an impossible question to answer, but:

If my primary colors I play with are green and red, would crafting four Rampaging Ferocidons in anticipation of historic be a good idea? I've been pretty disciplined with not crafting wildcards--especially knowing/figuring/hoping? dual lands are in Eldraine--but I don't want to be staring down the barrel of 8 rares for a potentially staple red creature a few weeks from now.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

A Moose posted:

I think if you're waiting for the meta to settle, it's already settled. Not much is going to change except for golos decks teching more and more for the mirror match, or decks looking to win specifically against Fires. If a new deck pops up, it'll probably just be 1 and it might just be good for 1 tournament, unless someone finds something that destroys Golos.

I've played literally nothing but golos/fields the last 10ish matches in ranked. Think I'm done with ranked for the next 11 weeks, which is a real shame.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I know he's a fan favorite but I'm sick to loving death of seeing the Flpbthpthth avatars every other game. He's ugly as poo poo and it seems like everyone who has one plays like an rear end in a top hat. Really wish avatars could be turned off.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

turboraton posted:

I'm getting so old I win game 1 and forget what I was facing so I can't sideboard properly lmao.

Same but instead of being old I'm just really high

(also old)

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

If anyone is looking for quick wins in Brawl, I'm 12-2 with the Torbran deck.

Commander
1 Torbran, Thane of Red Fell (ELD) 147

Deck
20 Mountain (ANA) 59
1 Goblin Banneret (GRN) 102
1 Grim Initiate (WAR) 130
1 Scorch Spitter (M20) 159
1 Shock (M19) 156
1 Spear Spewer (RNA) 117
1 Tin Street Dodger (RNA) 120
1 Cavalcade of Calamity (RNA) 95
1 Chandra's Pyrohelix (WAR) 120
1 Electrostatic Field (GRN) 97
1 Ember Hauler (M20) 137
1 Fry (M20) 140
1 Goblin Cratermaker (GRN) 103
1 Jaya's Greeting (WAR) 136
1 Lava Coil (GRN) 108
1 Ornery Goblin (GRN) 112
1 Robber of the Rich (ELD) 138
1 Runaway Steam-Kin (GRN) 115
1 Scorching Dragonfire (ELD) 139
1 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame (M20) 126
1 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
1 Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin (WAR) 137
1 Legion Warboss (GRN) 109
1 Skewer the Critics (RNA) 115
1 Risk Factor (GRN) 113
1 Tibalt, Rakish Instigator (WAR) 146
1 Chandra, Fire Artisan (WAR) 119
1 Torch Courier (GRN) 119
1 Embercleave (ELD) 120
1 Chandra's Triumph (WAR) 121
1 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
1 Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion (WAR) 140
1 Claim the Firstborn (ELD) 118
1 Infuriate (M20) 145
1 Immolation Shaman (RNA) 106
1 Redcap Melee (ELD) 135
1 Chandra's Regulator (M20) 131
1 Dwarven Mine (ELD) 243
1 Castle Embereth (ELD) 239
1 Mask of Immolation (M20) 151

When playing against 5-cost commanders I've usually got the game in the bag by the time they can even cast their commander.

Also, did not know what a Thane was. Guess it was sort of an early medieval majordomo in England and Scandinavia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thegn

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 27, 2019

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Quote =/= edit

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Fires of Invention may be my new favorite card.

I've always fancied myself an aggro player--and still do--but it's so fun when you resolve a Fires and to go loving bananas. Fires--> Ritual of Soot or Fires--> Drawn from Dreams feels soooo good.

For those upthread saying they feel like their Fires opponents always have it on turn four, I wish. But that's been part of the fun of playing it, trying to tune a deck that can survive long enough (or just win outright) to draw it.

My main problem is I feel like I need to trim down my wish board and include more actual sideboard cards. As it stands my wishboard is 8 cards and my sideboard is just 4x Duresses and 3x Negates.

Edit: may as well post my list, any input/feedback would be appreciated.

Deck
4 Fires of Invention (ELD) 125
1 Mountain (RTR) 265
3 Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God (WAR) 207
3 Swamp (DAR) 258
3 Island (M19) 266
2 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
2 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
3 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Noxious Grasp (M20) 110
3 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
4 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
3 Drawn from Dreams (M20) 56
2 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
2 Enter the God-Eternals (WAR) 196
4 Narset, Parter of Veils (WAR) 61
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
3 Temple of Epiphany (M20) 253
3 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
3 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
2 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
2 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
2 Dismal Backwater (M20) 245

Sideboard
1 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
1 Planewide Celebration (WAR) 172
4 Duress (M19) 94
1 The Elderspell (WAR) 89
1 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
1 Casualties of War (WAR) 187
3 Negate (RIX) 44
1 Drawn from Dreams (M20) 56
1 Epic Downfall (ELD) 85
1 Cavalier of Dawn (M20) 10

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 2, 2019

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

If you're playing Oko in the casual queue please give serious consideration to jumping off a very tall building.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Puttered around gold 4 for about 2 weeks with gixis fires in trad standard, tried out trad historic last night with this mono G stompy pile and zoomed to platinum.

Deck
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
20 Forest (DAR) 269
4 Lovestruck Beast (ELD) 165
4 Steel Leaf Champion (DAR) 182
2 Yorvo, Lord of Garenbrig (ELD) 185
3 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
4 Pelt Collector (GRN) 141
3 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
3 The Great Henge (ELD) 161
3 Vivien, Arkbow Ranger (M20) 199
3 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
1 Karn's Bastion (WAR) 248
2 Burning-Tree Emissary (GTC) 216
2 Field of Ruin (XLN) 254
1 Ghalta, Primal Hunger (RIX) 130
1 Ghalta, Primal Hunger (RIX) 130

Sideboard
4 Veil of Summer (M20) 198
2 Naturalize (M19) 190
1 Vivien, Arkbow Ranger (M20) 199
3 Nullhide Ferox (GRN) 138
3 Shifting Ceratops (M20) 194
2 Vivien Reid (M19) 208

Would love any input. Sideboard probably needs work (I've used the feroxes but they still seem out of place). Karn's bastion seems cute with good synergy but I've literally never used it once for anything other than mana.

Also, the trad historic meta seems WIDE open. Only decks I saw more than once were bant ramp (2-0) and golos fields (1-2). Saw a RDW that was pretty vicious but still pulled out the W.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Costs two mana instead of four.

I've honestly never been a big fan of brontodon, I've always tried to find other ways to get rid of artifacts and enchantments. Four mana to blow up an enchantment or artifact just seems pretty pricey.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Fair enough, I will swap out the naturalizes for a couple brontodons and see how that works.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Jesus Christ why is everyone in this thread so loving thin-skinned and/or hostile

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Hit diamond for the first time ever playing my monoish G stompy deck in historic. The winning match being against simic nexus makes it all the sweeter.

shut up

Zero VGS posted:

Also to be fair, WotC didn't exactly help their case with this one:

Edit: Is that the only card art WotC has ever censored?

Demonic Tutor had a pentagram, but it just wasn't reprinted.

It seems so obvious but has it bothered anyone else how horribly that circle is drawn on unholy strength?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Mike N Eich posted:

The art thats technically really bad is some of the real charm of the first few sets. Like look at Balance, what the hell is going on there?

There was some art that kicked absolute rear end, and there was art that looked like a 13 year old drew it up in a notebook. Early magic ruled

You don't have to tell me twice that Regeneration is an art nouveau masterpiece.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Rexxed posted:

Took like three games of historic to hit some nexus of fate rear end in a top hat. Historic is cancelled.

Questing beast smashes Nexus. gently caress your fogs.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Grats on doing well with your autopilot deck

Someone's happy they made mythic for the first time, and your first instinct is to be a prick.

Again, why are there so many shitheads in this thread? These forums claim to always be the best place to discuss X on the Internet but my ignore list has almost doubled in the last month or so because weirdos in here are always so insistent on pointless dickwaving, pedantry, and general assholery.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Nah

Cavalcade monored is a deck with no decisions and it's in a Bo1 format where it has an insane advantage against anything not specifically playing lifegain.

lmao you responded to me with a sincere post about why you think you were justified in being a shithead, kudos

So, as was asked of you and you've yet to answer, what *are* your list of approved archetypes? Ones that only galaxy-brained individuals such as yourself are capable of piloting?

Jabor posted:

It's because he's a prick, op.

Watch as he refuses to actually respond to your question and instead says something inane that boils down to "actually it's right for me to be a prick".

Took literal seconds

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Happy to get bent out of shape calling out dweebs who think they're better than anybody else. And the "easy" deck isn't as easy as you think it is.

Still haven't gotten that list of big-brain decks. Replying "nah" to a joke post isn't an answer.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Never said or implied I was better than anyone else. I have no idea why you're frothing this hard about it.

Because if/when I ever hit mythic for the first time and am proud of the deck I put together, I'd like a better response than than "cool deck bro, psyche"

Like, it's not that hard to not be an rear end in a top hat.

I'm done with my part of making GBS threads up the thread, just adding to the ignore list like I should've done posts ago and moving on.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

I think mystical dispute was a flavor of the day, negate is probably the better sideboard cards for control matchup.

Extremely niche, but dispute is much better for fires to get the fires off. Once it hits the board all counterspells are (mostly) dead, so might as well go with the one-cost over the two.

Also good to gently caress T3feri when you're on the draw, considering a significant chunk of your mana base comes in tapped.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Cheen posted:

Has anyone noticed that Historic tends to be the most diverse selection of decks to play against because there is no one tracking the meta? There is no MTG goldfish to look at what the pros are playing- there are historic decks to netdeck, but no way to determine tier level easily.

Started playing with a mono(ish) green stompy after they released the anthology, zoomed from gold 4 to diamond 1 encountering a wide diversity of decks.

Since the reset it's been all Gruul, Simic food and Field. Can't get out of gold.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Explore package dreadhorde bullshit...is back

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

qbert posted:

It's a totally decent mechanic, it enourages people to try and build mono-colored decks around it. It also encourages playing cards that would never normally see Standard play simply because they cost BBB or whatever. Last time Theros was legal, the two best decks were Mono-B Devotion and Mono-U Devotion.

Making mono-colored decks more viable in this Standard seems like a good thing.

Probably inferring way too much from one card, but the only spoiler we have so far with devotion is actually two colors. They might be pushing that instead this set? That definitely seems like a build-around card.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Having moderate success with this Azorious fliers deck in historic, but want to make it better. Unlike a bunch of other piles I throw together something about this feels right, so want to build on it. Not really aggro, but not quite midrange. Hushbringer probably needs to be in the sideboard, but fortunately it hasn't come up yet. Shalai has been great at neutering Settle the Wreckage.

Thinking about cutting a land, but not sure about that. Thoughts?

Any/all input would be greatly appreciated.

Deck
4 Skymarcher Aspirant (RIX) 21
7 Plains (ANA) 56
2 Sephara, Sky's Blade (M20) 36
4 Siren Stormtamer (XLN) 79
7 Island (ANA) 57
4 Spectral Sailor (M20) 76
3 Conclave Tribunal (GRN) 6
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
4 Winged Words (M20) 80
4 Empyrean Eagle (M20) 208
3 Chart a Course (XLN) 48
3 Unbreakable Formation (RNA) 29
4 Loyal Pegasus (M20) 28
4 Glacial Fortress (XLN) 255
3 Rally of Wings (WAR) 27

Sideboard
2 Shalai, Voice of Plenty (DAR) 35
4 Cerulean Drake (M20) 53
1 Unbreakable Formation (RNA) 29
2 Aether Gust (M20) 42
3 Spell Pierce (XLN) 81
3 Devout Decree (M20) 13

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

lmao if you can play banned cards in standard event I know what I'll be doing until they get wise and fix the glitch

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Couple a people mentioned a Selesnya Oketra/Henge jank deck a couple pages back. Any decklists for me to build off of? That sounds fun as gently caress, and I'd like to look at someone else's idea before I build one of my own and only win 20% of the time in unranked.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Cithen posted:

How often does the client crash for folks? I'm using a barely sufficient desktop and I am able to usually get through one full game before it crashes.

I want to know if the client crashes for everyone or if it's worth investing in a new laptop.

Sorry if this question comes up a lot, but it's hard to tell from searching online how much more stability I would get if I got a new computer.

I had major issues with disconnects and crashes for a few days recently, uninstalled and reinstalled and it's been fine since.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Watching a Nexus player masturbate away their play clock and lose the match because of the timer--when they had lethal on the board--is :discourse:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Went 5-3 in Historic Challenge with Gruul aggro, got my Cradle Sleeves which is what I cared most about. Saw RDW twice (went 2-0), the other 6 decks were all different.

Mono B zombies loving bodied me.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Can someone help explain what happened here?

Had an Alseid of Life's Bounty with untapped mana on the board, they dropped an Agent of Treachery and I wasn't given an opportunity to give my Archon protection before it as stolen. Bug or am I an idiot?

image upload

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Yeah, T3feri explicitly states spells, not abilities.

Guess I'm submitting a bug report.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Need some help making 3 more cuts. I don't want to cut any creatures, but I also don't want to cut my auras since that's the theme I'm going with.

Concerned about nothing over 4 CMC except the rambling sentry, but I didn't see anything else that wasn't total garbage. The sentry itself is pretty feelbad, but maybe a good target for auras?

Any help would be appreciated!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Sentry, Thrill of Possibility, and a Nyxborn Courser, for my money.

This kind of deck doesn't particularly need anything over 4-cost, you're aiming to kill via aggro not big creatures.

What does the rest of the pool look like?

Thanks for the input, I can see why those would be cut. Does my remaining pool change anything?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thanks for the input, everyone. Seems like you three were on the same page, so here's the final.

I knew the mana was bad, but was still unsure what to do. I'm pretty bad at drafting, and usually only do 1-2 a month. I got my free trad draft token and wanted to try a bo1 first before I wasted like 12 bucks worth of a free event. In hindsight Anax should've been an easy cut since my R devotion is pretty bad.

Also, thanks a ton for the tip with the apathy + flare combo, I never would've seen that myself.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

3-0'ed the Nylea event with this simic flash deck:

4 Nightpack Ambusher (M20) 185
7 Forest (ANA) 60
4 Frilled Mystic (RNA) 174
8 Island (ANA) 57
4 Brineborn Cutthroat (M20) 50
4 Omen of the Sea (THB) 58
4 Brazen Borrower (ELD) 39
4 Spectral Sailor (M20) 76
2 Aether Gust (M20) 42
3 Disdainful Stroke (GRN) 37
3 Quench (RNA) 48
3 Oakhame Adversary (ELD) 167
2 Biogenic Ooze (RNA) 122
4 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246

Oakhame adversary seems like a really good meta pick since everyone will be running green and you trigger the monster emblem to cantrip even when you only pay 2 to cast it.

I'll be farming this event for daily wins today and weeklies tomorrow for sure.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Shitshow posted:

If I play in the Historic Event, will my card rewards be from historic sets, the current standard, or both?

The one time I played it all my ICRs were from historic sets.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Turpitude posted:

Anyone want to start brainstorming Platinum Angel historic decks? My first thought would be building a typical aura deck around it and alseid and gods willing

Or brainstorming anything? Really excited for the return of Historic ranked ladder and Historic Challenge, but nothing in anthology II really jumps out at me. Was thinking about just rerunning Gruul aggro, but sliding in Anax mainboard and chainwhirlers in the SB for the inevitable mono-W Thalia and friends.

Bugsy posted:

He is too loud.

The Tymmy scream is one of the best things going in Arena right now, I need to play mono B more in casual just so I can hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Boco_T posted:

They ended up adding 4,000 gold to my account so I could buy the Realm-Cloaked Giant style back that their bug caused. After I had to send like 3 messages to the support ticket thread saying "read what I wrote" because the first few replies were like "if you don't see the card you don't have the card!"

After submitting several separate tickets regarding connection/crash issues I've learned that the first few levels of customer service interaction for Arena are either bots or extremely low-paid/low-motivation/low-intelligence humans copy-and-pasting scripts.