Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

if you're already in a deck, make sure it's Historic legal.

Speaking of, I was only able to make another historic brawl deck by cloning one I had. When I create a new deck, "historic brawl" isn't an option. Anyone else had this issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Just 4-1'ed the historic pauper event with this, only loss was a mull to 5 against mono-R.

Deck
4 Heliod's Pilgrim (THB) 20
4 Healer's Hawk (GRN) 14
4 Law-Rune Enforcer (WAR) 20
12 Plains (MIR) 331
4 Pacifism (M20) 32
4 Sentinel's Eyes (THB) 36
4 Transcendent Envoy (THB) 40
4 Ancestral Mask (MMQ) 229
6 Forest (MIR) 347
4 Flutterfox (ELD) 12
2 Territorial Hammerskull (XLN) 41
4 Blossoming Sands (M20) 243
4 Karametra's Blessing (THB) 26

Beat burn, mono-B ill-gotten gains, mono-w tokens, and two other ??? archetypes.

Unsure about Pacifism vs. Trapped in the Tower, in the last match wish I had TitT but twice in the run it was better to have Pacifism to remove their fliers.

Netted 100 gold and a Settle the Wreckage, not too shabby.

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 28, 2020

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Golgari looks like your best bet, you could splash for Klothys. You'll have a hard time hitting devotion but the format is slow enough it'll put in damage and take care of pesky graveyard bullshit.

Garruk is REALLY good in this format, pulling off his ult isn't too hard and it's likely a win if you do.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

That was my thinking. You think it's okay to splash for both Klothys AND Dragonmaster Outcast? If not stopped late game it can get out of hand.

Edit: So far I've come up with this. I splashed in red for Klothys and Dragonmaster Outcast. I just need 1 more cut. Any suggestions?

If it isn't too late, I'd cut elvish reclaimer. You don't have a lot of ways to put lands in the graveyard and a 1/2 1-drop isn't going to help you much, if at all.

Outcast is probably fine at R, unlike reclaimer it is useful late-game (the only time it is, heh).

Labyrinth is good, but you have a lot of BB cards at 3 and 4 CMC (and cavalier of night at BBB/5 CMC), I'd cut it for another swamp, even with ilysian caryatid.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Is anyone else having issues when launching the game? Since the update it takes 15-20 minutes for the "checking for updates" to finish before I can actually start playing. After several previous issues I've learned tech support for Arena is completely useless, really frustrating especially after there's a d/c and I have to wait another 20 minutes to play.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Oceanbound posted:

Try going into your game folder, then the MTGA_Data folder and rename the Downloads folder to something else. Start the game, Alt-F4 once it starts downloading stuff. Then delete the new Downloads folder and rename the old one back.

Thanks, this works temporarily--every time I restart I have to do it again, but that only takes 45 seconds instead of 20 minutes. Kinda lovely I have to do it at all, but whatever, it works.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Agent should have had Shroud. Then I think it would have been fair.

And even at 7 mana it's fair, but they did that thing again where they design cards in a vacuum and don't look at the meta all the cards would be in.

Tons of ramp and blinking is not a meta where you want to introduce a card like that.

I agree that it's "fair" on paper at 7 cmc, but they should unban veil to account for the meta.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Mike N Eich posted:

Would feel sad if the deck has been solved, don't know what the best thing to build after it would be...(don't want to play greedy UG stuff which I hate)

Make some king of cat oven deck? Otherwise might as well quit standard for the time being, as I have. Probably not even going to hit gold for the first time since they fixed the ladder pipping a few months after the open beta launched. By far the least fun meta I've played in that time frame.

On the other hand, having fun in brawl and (some) of the events are fun enough to keep playing.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Just beat Jeff Hoogland pretty bad in trad Historic with mono B. He was running mono G Ulamog, just durdled around while I blew poo poo up, stole his hand and ground value out of my one-drops.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I know Arena is Always Correct, so could someone explain to me why a Gruul Spellbreaker was able to pick haste when it ETB while I had a Hushbringer on the board?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thanks, everyone!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

A Moose posted:

if they do anything about Winota, they'll just ban her in Bo1. She's not that bad if you can either kill fauna shaman/mana dorks OR kill her the turn she comes down, or both, and its super easy to side in some Ritual of Soot, Flame Sweep, Shock, Aether Gust, settle the wreckage, Noxious Grasp, shock, brazen borrower, essence scatter etc

Winota is more a symptom of hyper-greedy decks going all in on their gameplan with no interaction and no sideboards. If you're both basically goldfishing, Winota is going to win because she can do much stronger things much earlier.

Best take I've seen on Winota yet. I don't play Bo1 but I can see how she'd be abusive there. If you're in Bo3, yeah, nuke the dorks that'll proc her if/when she hits the board.

I honestly can't believe how much crying there is about Winota, there's a one-mana instant that destroys her, and two-mana instants in U, B, and G that take care of her. If you're playing white there are two WB instants that do the job.

Winota is powerful, but not oppressive. Tune your sideboards.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

sephiRoth IRA posted:

It’s really hard to see Winota be successful outside of bo1. Even in my BO1 games, with perfect draws, it’s still tough to win when my opp nukes my warboss, Winota, or everything (sweepers are a lot more common these days). The Gruul Aggro package has given me later-game options, but the necessary white makes it difficult.

I'm having decent success with Winota in Bo3 (Historic, don't know if that's obvious, I'm not playing standard right now), and I'd say the number of games I win without Winota is about 40%. Upthread someone suggested building Winota like Gruul aggro splashing W for her, and that's worked pretty well so far. Kenrith does a ton of work turning aggro into midrange and keeping you alive until you can dig for an answer.

Sedisp posted:

I have literally have yet to lose a three game set against any winota deck.

It just folds so immediately to interaction.

Interaction does hurt Winota pretty badly, but there's also a lot of dipshits playing her right now. You don't always play Winota on T3 or 4 with opponent having 2+ mana up.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Was really pissed and bummed about Winota getting banned in historic, and resolved to make Winota work in standard because of it. Just hit diamond tonight with a Mardu brew, doing well against Temur rec and okay against Rakdos/Jund sac, if anyone wants a deck that's off-meta but competitive.

Deck
4 Winota, Joiner of Forces (IKO) 216
3 Swamp (ANA) 63
1 Mountain (ANA) 64
2 Kenrith, the Returned King (ELD) 303
3 Judith, the Scourge Diva (RNA) 185
3 Plains (ANA) 61
3 Tajic, Legion's Edge (GRN) 204
3 Haktos the Unscarred (THB) 218
4 Knight of the Ebon Legion (M20) 105
4 Dreadhorde Butcher (WAR) 194
4 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
2 Grim Initiate (WAR) 130
4 General's Enforcer (IKO) 188
2 Fight as One (IKO) 12
4 Savai Triome (IKO) 253
4 Sacred Foundry (GRN) 254
4 Godless Shrine (RNA) 248
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
2 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244

Sideboard
4 Soul-Guide Lantern (THB) 237
3 Dire Tactics (IKO) 183
4 Legion Warboss (GRN) 109
2 Redcap Melee (ELD) 135
2 Despark (WAR) 190

Eej posted:

Historic Mono G Stompy tho

This seems slow for historic mono G, but this looks cool as a historic brawl commander.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

Winota can still kick rear end in standard

I know! That was the point of most of the rest of my post you didn’t quote.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Here's a really cool Golgari deck for Historic and an article from the brewmaster themself. The general idea is "What's the coolest thing you can do with 4 mana on T2?"

https://themythicstore.com/blogs/deck-guides/golgari-umori-for-the-historic-arena-open

Thanks for this, it's my speed and really fun. Demolishes temur rec.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Hit mythic for the first time ever with historic RDW, with a dash of bo1 historic Tempered Steel thrown in.

Maindecking 4x rampaging ferocidons seems pretty good right now with all the FotD decks. 2x alpine moon in the SB helps seal the deal.

As for Tempered Steel, it's really fun to smash people with 8 power inquisitive puppets.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Huxley posted:

Moon is for Field, Cage is for Gobs and Citadel, Shieldbreaker for Citadel/Tempered Steel, Fry is for Baneslayer stuff/pants?, Warboss is for Control.

Where do you bring in Anax? Wrath decks?

You nailed it.

As has been mentioned, Extinction Event bypasses Anax but he's still decent against any other black removal, as getting even a 1/1 dork who can't block alters the economy enough in your favor that he's a good SB option against any deck running black.

BTW shieldbreaker was more for Lucky Clovers but I honestly didn't come across that many Temur decks that weren't FotD. It's pretty solid as a general SB option since it synergizes with Fervent Champion

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 19, 2020

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Has anyone done the tinkerer's cube yet? Briefly browsing the cardlist it just looks like a low-powered cube.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Hit mythic for the first time last month with RDW, now that I've tasted the forbidden fruit I must hit it again. Problem is I'm brokebrained and don't want to netdeck. So instead I'll brew my own pile and ask strangers for help.

Started with the premise of "must include embercleave and collected company," went from there. Currently 10-6 with it. Any/all suggestions on possible improvements welcome.

Deck
4 Collected Company (AKR) 186
7 Forest (DAR) 269
3 Embercleave (ELD) 120
5 Mountain (M20) 274
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
4 Zhur-Taa Goblin (RNA) 215
4 Pelt Collector (GRN) 141
4 Gruul Spellbreaker (RNA) 179
4 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
4 Resilient Khenra (AKR) 212
4 Lovestruck Beast (ELD) 165
3 Domri's Ambush (WAR) 192
2 Scavenging Ooze (M21) 204
4 Rootbound Crag (XLN) 256
1 Castle Embereth (ELD) 239
3 Hashep Oasis (AKR) 301

Sideboard
4 Shifting Ceratops (M20) 194
3 Thrashing Brontodon (RIX) 148
1 Domri's Ambush (WAR) 192
1 Collision // Colossus (RNA) 223

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

odinson posted:

Primal might is an upgrade to ambush. I have a split of red and green khenra's cause thats what I own, but red seems a little stronger. Theres gotta be a way to fit in some bonecrusher giants. maybe cut a land and a 2 drop.

I've like ferocidons and harbingers in the side.

Bust Rodd posted:

I've been SUPER impressed with Garruk's Harbinger. At 3 CMC it has a relevant protection ability and generates card advantage. It also sort of combos with Embercleave, although that is a bit win more. I would certainly test a couple and see if you like them!

Thanks y'all. Went with cutting all four lovestruck beasts (which are pretty medium tbh--especially with things like chainwhirler around) for two each bonecrusher giants and harbingers, then put one more of each in the board. I've been running into Gideon of the Trials a fair bit so hopefully the stomps help with that.

I'm a little less impressed with Ferocidons now that FotD is banned and I don't seem to run into mono W very much. As for primal might, that's a tough decision, but I decided to stick with the ambushes since they hit walkers.

Gruul CoCo 2.0:

Deck
7 Forest (DAR) 269
3 Embercleave (ELD) 120
5 Mountain (M20) 274
2 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
3 Hashep Oasis (AKR) 301
2 Garruk's Harbinger (M21) 185

Sideboard
3 Shifting Ceratops (M20) 194
3 Thrashing Brontodon (RIX) 148
1 Garruk's Harbinger (M21) 185
1 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

So, is the renewal rewards issue fixed yet? Kinda inferring from some posts it might be, but the Arena twitter account hasn't addressed the issue at all, just saying they're working on "excessive loading times."

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

It's been a while but I will reiterate customer service quickly refunded a draft I got d/c'ed from, no questions asked.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

If we're sharing Brawl decks, here's my midrangeish Chulane brew I'm 18-14 with. The best thing about it is you haven't lost until you've drawn both board wipes; the ability to blow everything up and quickly refill is quite strong.

Commander
1 Chulane, Teller of Tales (ELD) 326

Deck
1 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
1 Blossoming Sands (M21) 244
1 Lotus Cobra (ZNR) 193
1 Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath (THB) 229
1 Tranquil Cove (M21) 258
1 Cultivate (M21) 177
1 Arcane Signet (ELD) 331
1 Ilysian Caryatid (THB) 174
1 Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy (IKO) 192
1 Faeburrow Elder (ELD) 190
1 Temple of Enlightenment (THB) 246
1 Jolrael, Mwonvuli Recluse (M21) 191
1 Mangara, the Diplomat (M21) 27
1 Skyclave Relic (ZNR) 252
1 Nadir Kraken (THB) 55
1 Branchloft Pathway (ZNR) 258
1 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
1 Evolving Wilds (AKR) 292
1 Brazen Borrower (ELD) 39
1 Command Tower (ELD) 333
1 Flaxen Intruder (ELD) 155
1 Thornwood Falls (ELD) 313
1 Beanstalk Giant (ELD) 149
1 Stonecoil Serpent (ELD) 235
1 Scute Swarm (ZNR) 203
1 Scavenging Ooze (M21) 204
1 Temple of Plenty (THB) 248
1 Banishing Light (THB) 4
1 Negate (RIX) 44
1 Essence Scatter (IKO) 49
1 Shatter the Sky (THB) 37
1 Elspeth Conquers Death (THB) 13
1 Luminous Broodmoth (IKO) 21
1 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
1 Niambi, Esteemed Speaker (M21) 222
1 Solemn Simulacrum (M21) 239
1 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
1 Ashaya, Soul of the Wild (ZNR) 179
1 Elder Gargaroth (M21) 179
1 Kogla, the Titan Ape (IKO) 162
6 Island (M19) 266
1 Realm-Cloaked Giant (ELD) 26
1 Dream Trawler (THB) 214
5 Plains (ANA) 2
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
4 Forest (M19) 277
1 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Second time hitting mythic, and second month in a row, this time with Gruul CoCo. Whoever posted the other day about historic being soft right now--yeah, It's soft as gently caress.

33-15 with this deck. Thanks to Bust Rodd and...the other goon (sorry, forgot your name) who helped with tweaks to it.

Deck
4 Forest (DAR) 269
3 Embercleave (ELD) 120
5 Mountain (M20) 274
2 Hashep Oasis (AKR) 301
2 Garruk's Harbinger (M21) 185
4 Cragcrown Pathway (ZNR) 261

Sideboard
3 Rampaging Ferocidon (XLN) 154
3 Anax, Hardened in the Forge (THB) 125
2 Thrashing Brontodon (RIX) 148
1 Garruk's Harbinger (M21) 185
1 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
2 Redcap Melee (ELD) 135

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

I’m a new player with two mythic wildcards after punching in all the promo codes. Should I make some Uros since they’re likely to be banned and I’ll be refunded the wildcard? I wouldn’t even know what to do with them, but it feels like leaving money on the table if I sleep on it.

I say yes, craft the Uros. In the somewhat unlikely event they don't get banned, you have 2 very powerful (if pretty boring) cards that slot into anything that runs UGx.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sorry for doublepost but:

Anyone have any idea what the draft schedule is like for the next few weeks? I have my draft token from the mastery pass, and I'm honestly not super interested in drafting Zendikar. The official calendar is blank starting with a week ago.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Could someone explain to me how my opponent has more than 4 dualcaster mages? Tutored for them with neoform. In a previous game they pulled 8 from their deck.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Drewjitsu posted:

Some of them are glasspool mimics. If you right click on the card, and then click underneath it when it pops up - the thing that says "show original card" or something similar, you'd see them as the glasspool mimics.

You're playing against Neoform.
https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/mtg/channelmagic-articles/deck-highlight-stiggys-historic-neoform-combo/

Weird how you didn't see the mimic come into play as the mimic, but maybe it does that to re-enforce that the mimic gets to copy etb triggers too. (also the card says it enters the battlefield as a copy of a card, so that's that. RTCETC.)

Thanks, that makes sense. I know my opponent wasn't cheating, one of the virtues of Arena, but yeah, it never showed them as mimics, and was wondering "what the gently caress!?" as I rage conceded.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Looking for some help with my Gruul CoCo deck.

Hit mythic with it last month no problem, this month has been much more challenging. I feel like I should probably be running some DFC lands from ZNR, but to be honest the math involved in trying to figure out how many DFCs can replace actual lands makes my head hurt (also why I don't want to draft the set).

More and more CoCo doesn't even seem that strong, more often than not either I whiff or it gets countered, hence the 3 in the deck. Holding up four mana with aggro feels bad, too. But I love the concept so much, so I wanna stick with it even if it keeps the deck in solid tier 2 status.

Thinking I should maybe be running some Scoozes mainboard, but the Khenras do a LOT of work--swinging for four with a T1 pelt collector on turn 2 feels good, and eternalize gives me outs later in the game if things have stalled. Have won a few games on the Kenra's pump on a Spellbreaker from a CoCo. But with the amount of Rakdos Arcanist maybe it's best to replace them?

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 24, 2020

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Anyone got a super standard list I can slam for two rare ICRs? Papa needs his 40 gems

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Pick something fun: https://mtgazone.com/super-standard-fnm-at-home-event-guide-and-decklists/

dont play companion yorion casue its bugged. You should have to play 120 cards, but can get away with only 100.

Thanks, Gruul aggro did very well.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Couldn't get out of plat with this last season after hitting mythic with it in September, have been doing some tweaking--mostly in the sideboard--to get ready for this one, and looking for any suggestions:

I dropped 3 rampaging ferocidons from the SB since I haven't seen mono W/lifegain much lately (and since Field is banned). Added 3 ceratops for when the opponent sides in grafdiggers cage and I side out CoCo; should those be questing beasts (or something else)?

Maindeck, I still really like the Khenras in lieu of Scoozes for game 1. I can't decide whether to add another turntimber symbiosis--3 life to stay on curve isn't bad, but I don't hit 7 mana very often (and, in fact, if I have, I'm probably dead). Though I did just lose a game where I'd have won if I could've turntimbered for a hasty creature.

Thanks in advance.

Exportable list:

Deck
3 Collected Company (AKR) 186
3 Forest (ANA) 18
4 Embercleave (ELD) 120
4 Mountain (ANA) 16
3 Resilient Khenra (AKR) 212
4 Burning-Tree Emissary (GTC) 216
2 Hashep Oasis (AKR) 301
2 Anax, Hardened in the Forge (THB) 125
4 Cragcrown Pathway (ZNR) 261
1 Turntimber Symbiosis (ZNR) 215

Sideboard
1 Anax, Hardened in the Forge (THB) 125
4 Scavenging Ooze (M21) 204
3 Cindervines (RNA) 161
3 Phoenix of Ash (THB) 148
3 Shifting Ceratops (M20) 194

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I've been running Mengucci's UB historic control he tweeted Thursday, I'm 7-0 with it today, including 4-0 against temur and 4c Aetherworks Marvel. I strongly dislike playing control, but Gearhulking Sublime Epiphanies is so loving awesome. I knew it would be, but it didn't occur to me that when I copy the 'Hulk I get to cast *another* spell from the graveyard.

I feel like the deck could use some Duress' or Spell Pierces in the SB, but it's hard to argue with the results so far.

Deck
4 Fatal Push (KLR) 84
3 Island (M19) 266
3 Eliminate (M21) 97
3 Censor (AKR) 52
5 Swamp (DAR) 258
2 Essence Scatter (IKO) 49
1 Negate (RIX) 44
4 Mind Stone (WTH) 153
1 Silundi Vision (ZNR) 80
3 Thirst for Knowledge (JMP) 183
3 Disallow (KLR) 46
1 Commit /// Memory (AKR) 54
2 Extinction Event (IKO) 88
2 Shark Typhoon (IKO) 67
2 Sublime Epiphany (M21) 74
4 Torrential Gearhulk (KLR) 70
4 Clearwater Pathway (ZNR) 260
4 Fetid Pools (AKR) 293
1 Sea Gate Restoration (ZNR) 76
4 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259

Sideboard
2 Cling to Dust (THB) 87
2 Aether Gust (M20) 42
2 Noxious Grasp (M20) 110
3 Mystical Dispute (ELD) 58
2 Narset, Parter of Veils (WAR) 61
2 Shadows' Verdict (ZNR) 124
2 Shark Typhoon (IKO) 67

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 15, 2020

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

loving jacked for a week of Historic Brawl.

Half of what I've played so far has been Niv Good Stuff, and the other half has been a different commander each time.

Here's my WG counters deck if anyone wants:

Commander
1 Ajani, the Greathearted (WAR) 184

Deck
1 Plains (ANA) 8
6 Forest (ANA) 18
1 Conclave Mentor (M21) 216
1 Huatli's Raptor (WAR) 200
1 Knight of Autumn (GRN) 183
1 Heliod, Sun-Crowned (THB) 18
1 Ajani, Strength of the Pride (M20) 2
1 Sunpetal Grove (XLN) 257
1 Basri's Lieutenant (M21) 9
1 Terramorphic Expanse (JMP) 78
1 Venerated Loxodon (GRN) 30
1 Pelt Collector (GRN) 141
1 Incubation Druid (RNA) 131
1 Scavenging Ooze (M21) 204
1 Pridemalkin (M21) 196
1 Biogenic Ooze (RNA) 122
1 Trostani Discordant (GRN) 208
1 Wildwood Scourge (M21) 214
1 Scute Swarm (ZNR) 203
1 Stonecoil Serpent (ELD) 235
1 Evolution Sage (WAR) 159
1 Grateful Apparition (WAR) 17
1 Karn's Bastion (WAR) 248
1 Banishing Light (THB) 4
1 Veil of Summer (M20) 198
1 Voracious Hydra (M20) 200
1 Conclave Tribunal (GRN) 6
1 Mikaeus, the Lunarch (JMP) 123
1 Blossoming Sands (M21) 244
1 Selesnya Guildgate (GRN) 256
1 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
1 Temple of Plenty (THB) 248
1 Command Tower (ELD) 333
1 Evolving Wilds (AKR) 292
1 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
1 Arcane Signet (ELD) 331
1 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
1 Shalai, Voice of Plenty (DAR) 35
1 The Ozolith (IKO) 237
1 Luminarch Aspirant (ZNR) 24
1 Branchloft Pathway (ZNR) 258
1 Field of the Dead (M20) 247
1 Swarm Shambler (ZNR) 207
1 Tranquil Expanse (M19) 259
1 Gnarlid Colony (ZNR) 185
1 Inscription of Abundance (ZNR) 186
1 Oran-Rief Ooze (ZNR) 198
1 Scattered Groves (AKR) 327
1 Rishkar, Peema Renegade (KLR) 179
1 Verdurous Gearhulk (KLR) 185
1 The Great Henge (ELD) 161
1 Shefet Dunes (AKR) 329
1 Kabira Takedown (ZNR) 19
1 Emeria's Call (ZNR) 12

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Julius Seizure posted:

historic brawl sounded pretty fun until I saw omnath isn't banned. is there anyone who's not playing him as their commander?

Omnath is not nearly as oppressive in historic brawl since 1) you have a much larger pool of cards to respond with and 2) your larger pool of cards also includes more powerful poo poo for the Omnath person to respond to.

I've played against several Omnath decks the last few days and the matches seem pretty fair. Nuking their mana dorks really seems to slow them down.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

How do you concede a match after game 1? They changed how that works after a recent update, and my opponents do it to me from time to time but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Opinionated posted:

I've refined my Boros warriors deck a bit, pretty happy with how it's performing now! I was able to get a turn 4 or 5 win earlier, felt good. Dimir decks seem to be my bane, I'm 6-2 today, both losses from dimir rogues/mill.

Thanks for posting this, I'm in a bit of a rut lately, looking for something a little off-brand (and aggro) to play with until Kaldheim.

Question: any reason you don't run Intimidators?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

HISTORIC BRAWL LETS loving GOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

kater posted:

So what happens when you time out? Asking for this Yorion I’m up against that took 21 minutes the first game.

Under two minutes now, this countdown is the most exciting thing that has happened this game.

kater posted:

Victory. Jfc no wonder match making for bo3 takes forever this is a dead format.

Started playing Arena when the public beta started, and in these last two years I think my favorite thing to have happened was watching a Nexus opponent masturbate their way to a timeout loss.

Insurrectionist posted:

Anyone know of a reasonable place to get FNM arena codes? I know they get posted on places like reddit or big discords but the chance of actually nabbing one in those places before people (or bots) is basically zero, and I certainly am not desperate enough for codes to stalk them 24/7 which is about what it'd take. I believe you're limited to 1 code redeem per account right?

Ebay?