Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Funkdreamer posted:

Horse: "I'm just a horse, I cannot give you any further assistance"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

resistentialism posted:

The best worst part of this game is counting all your lands for an X spell without mousing over your lands so your opponent doesn't get to know that you're counting all your lands.

Lone Goat posted:

untapped.gg has a deck tracker app you can use to see what's still in your deck

It also has a thing that says how many lands you have on the board so you don't have to count em up

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doltos posted:

How have I never thought of this

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Horses gotta eat, I don't make the rules

I guess food tokens are gonna be the new treasures

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Veib posted:

I'm playing Esper Control. Opponent plays turn 3 Unmoored Ego and chooses Teferi...

... Timebender and concedes immediately.

I've definitely picked the wrong Nicol Bolas before

This drove me up the wall in HS but it's worse in MTG, when your salty opponent ragequits out of the game and leaves you to sit there for three minutes until all the ropes have roped

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm going to play Historic Knights, I don't care if it's good or not

Yeah well I'M gonna craft a playset of some spicy mythic rare that ends up being a meme on day 1 so help me God.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are there going to be non-creature legendary spells after rotation?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good day to be a Friend of Wolfs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well twitter hasn't picked up on it yet

Here's an album

(I don't think the whole set leaked)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheTofuShop posted:

I think the cards showing up in the Arena collection search all appear in the Brawl Precons they have out for the event. I dont think it is everything, i couldnt find oko through the search, for example.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheTofuShop posted:

yeah I saw that too, dunno if it will actually appear or if its just for the brawl event?

I can't think of another reason to put it Arena

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

lmao Im literally dying. Spoilers for Coreset 2021 if you care

The featured Planeswalker is Teferi

Never heard of them

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1169291773233029120

Why are they spoiling all the 2020 sets, or is this normal

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1169291035295604736

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 4, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who here is not pre ordering when they otherwise would due to the historical two card thing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eej posted:

I am preordering, 2 cards or not

I'm asking because r/arena is going hard on the pre order boycott and I'm trying to see if actual pre-orderers are balking or it's f2p people trying to convince other people

Theros and Zendikar

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is this expansion Shrek

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zendikar is crazy mana plane with the Roil (of whom Omnath is the Locus) which constantly reshapes the land. So it's dangerous and untamed and also where the Eldrazi were imprisoned for a while by Ugin, Sorin and Nahiri. They got out though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

Also the vampires have handlebars

I still don't understand what the loving deal with that is

So you can ride them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Patch notes and a brawl primer with all the rewards listed

-Improved overall game performance when playing for extended periods of time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kalli posted:

Theros: It's Ancient Greece and the Gods all suck rear end.

So it's Ancient Greece

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's a nuclear take right there

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zyla posted:

omg this sleeve aaaa i love her

e: missed this in the announcement

quote:

MTG Arena is officially removing the Open Beta tag on September 26! Play now to earn your Open Beta participation reward Fblthp player avatar and card sleeve while you can.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Gingerbread lady rules I hope she hosed up Garruk

Actually she makes me puck.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eej posted:

Do not allow Wizards to try and divert attention or change the issue with ELD previews, Brawl events, or any of the other distracting tactics they will use. Historic MUST remain the primary issue on the community table. 2:1 wildcard conversion remains an indefensible cash grab that jeopardizes long term Arena health and Historic viability. Other Historic changes are also cash grabs masked as positive changes for players. Do not let them change the narrative and make Wizards know this is unacceptable to the community. Make sure Historic problems are at the top of this subreddit and do not spend $$ on products until Wizards fixes this.

Unbelievable the lengths they'll go to, doing previews and spoilers and such.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One's a lot more affordable than the other if you've been grinding out cards for the last year, since you don't have to buy (make) that many new cards.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

At first blush, it seems to me that standard is also gonna generate way more revenue than historic.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So how’s post-patch performance

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

chefscientist posted:

If it's anything like on Hearthstone it will just be full of degenerate decks with the most insufferable cards you were ready to never see again.

Naga Giants v Tempo Shaman all day

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Does anyone else think the Aurelia avatar looks like Lady Gaga

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is brawl gonna be a periodic event or part of the game

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

Brawl is not a great idea in real life and may flop again, but it's so perfect for arena.
A new queue from what they've said.

Do you know where they said it.

Also kind of gives us an idea of how long vague weasel word timelines are to the development team

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So if ya don't know yet, now when you make a deck from scratch it lets you choose "constructed," "trad. constructed" and "singleton". Aside from amking me wonder if that's a hint that they are adding permanent singleton format, what's it for.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Brawl is a singleton format and (I think) is being added with Eldraine.

Spiderdrake posted:

The most recent update says "hopefully in the october update" so it probably doesn't launch this month

I knew that but a Brawl deck is going to be different from a singleton deck right?

I'm kind of surprised they're adding in a permanent singleton format since a singleton deck can be way cheaper than a standard deck and lends itself to the "just toss in any old single good cards you opened by chance" situation a lot of Arena people are in. I know Brawl isn't EDH, but there are people that only play Commander in paper right? So, offering a cheaper and, for many, more popular format permanently into the game seems bad for revenue.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In the days of early beta, when we first learned that we would be forbidden from turning our cards into Dust to craft new cards with, we were afraid. But Wizards assured us that keeping cards forever was an important part of the game. We would want Collections, they Promised. We asked, what about rotation? They didn't have an answer. Instead, they wiped their slate clean and declared it was time for Open Beta, buying themselves a year to think.

And now that year is over and we finally have their answer to the question of rotation: Historic. Yes, we said. A place to play with our entire Collections. The Collections you said we must have. So how will it work?

It will be more expensive, they said. To discourage you from playing it over Standard, they said. But what about our Collections, we cried? Where shall we use them if no one can afford Historic?

And Wizards was silent, because they knew they were breaking their Promise. Hoping we would not remember that they Promised our cards would hold Value and we would not want to turn them to Dust. Hoping we would not realize that this means that the New Cards they are offering us are ultimately worthless as well. Hoping we would not notice that Arena as a whole is worth nothing without the Promise of a need for Collections. Hoping that the new format will die a quiet death in its cradle, smothered by the weight of its costs, and with no one to mourn it.

Wizards, stop this. You cannot teach us the meaning of Value in your game and then fool us into believing that our cards will hold Value with nowhere to play them.

If you won't give us Dust, give us a Living Format. One that people can play not just today, but that can attract new followers in two years or five years or twenty. One with sustainable costs and a thriving playerbase.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

what's nutters, what's absolutely mental, is three full one win - one pip tiers before mythic

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are all PWs fair game for commander in Brawl

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Folks, you're gonna want to bolt this bird at 350 degrees for one hour per pound

https://twitter.com/AutumnLilyMTG/status/1170094825548537868

This deck feels pretty strong

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

http://mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html

e: I haven't seen adamant before

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 9, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh man the literal monkey's paw

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Food seems like a weak mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oceanbound posted:

The mechanics of this thing also have absolutely nothing to do with the Questing Beast in the novel. lol.

Arthurian legends?