Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you're questing beast doesn't conform to pre-Vulgate romantic Arthurian poetry, gtfo my CCG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mouse Tribal baby

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I warned everybody that this card was coming, no one believed me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

kater posted:

That equipment is beautiful. It isn't win more, it is win now.

Also this event is loving miserable.

Ali's got a spicy brew for that and you know it runs 4 Chromatic Lanterns

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Network42 posted:

Lol massacre girl, golos, lantern. That is a Very Ali deck.

Ali is nuts for Golos

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

salt shakeup posted:

Yeah I didn't understand Golos until I played him in Autumn's FoD deck. On my first activation I got Lil Teffrey and Veil of Summer against a Simic Flash deck. They snap conceded after trying to counter the Teferi, it was perfect. Golos owns.

That list doesn't even take full advantage of the activation. This list really abuses that poo poo, dropping two Casualties of War or Bombardments in a turn or bombing Extinction Stars. I don't know if it's any good but it's the most fun deck I've played in the last couple of weeks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

axeil posted:

I have no idea how to sideboard which is why I've stayed away from Bo3 formats. I'm also a bit worried that the time commitment may be too much.

Are there any good guides about how to sideboard?

Find lists with sideboard guides (here's two examples) to start and as you work with sideboarding more and read more guides you'll start to understand how to board better. See what cards are supposed to go and what's supposed to go in, but instead of just following it, try to figure out why the deck builder is making those moves vs. particular decks.

Probably the biggest mistake is over-boarding, as you start, try and stick to smaller more obvious moves. Dropping removal against non-creature decks, or dropping value cards for tempo vs. faster decks, stuff like that. It just takes practice, I was pretty daunted at first but I just kept at it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/misterorange/status/1171432897942712320

:ohdear:

"Buy a box" promo

http://mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 10, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Blinking Thragtusk I assume

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's the cheapest blink effect in Modern right now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

Cloudshift costs W and can be yours for the low price of an American quarter

I meant CMC lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol, natch
https://twitter.com/AliEldrazi/status/1171502472143048704

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I shan't play it e'en once, so what's the drat problem wiht it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pretty excited to see my personal irl creature type in the game now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IMJack posted:

I'm mentally brewing an Izzet Way More Than Seven Dwarves deck already.

hi-hOly poo poo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good bye Rekindling Phoenix hello this (mono R sideboard)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eej posted:

You can always just play ELD without a pass and if you're enjoying yourself enough to hit 15 wins a week and doing events grab the pass before next set.

Sorry, "enjoying myself"?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

I swear half the people itt only seem to care about how many rewards they get and see the actual "playing Magic: The Gathering" part as a chore. If this describes you, please just stop playing altogether. Modern gaming has broken your brain and you're being tricked into doing something you don't want to do. Go play something you enjoy instead.

YEah, you'll never reach the level where you're like "ah, glad I did all that grinding for all those years, now I'm fully set", there will always be more to grind. So if it feels like a grind, stop.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Merchant_MTG/status/1171876063892377602

Food seems pretty parasitic tbh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just don't think that Food is going to be a deciduous thing and the only cards that gently caress with Food are going to be in this set/block alone. I don't think the point of food is to give you 3 health, since that sucks, but rather to do things like Merchant's card reveals do

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RIP sideways monkey, all hail sideways red guy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/karsten_frank/status/1171806383207059456

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think that Rakdos Aristo is going to be viable as long as Cry of the Carnarium is around but good luck Headhunter!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

http://mtga.warlore.net/mpc/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OH my god what are y'all doing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I have a feeling they're gonna lose this one. They're also losing it because people are more interested in card previews than people who have never spent a dime on the game begging people to not spend money on the game.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm using Ral because I hope his smug visage enrages my opponent

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As time goes on, it's going to be a lot more expensive to stay current with standard than historic, a new set might have a couple of cards that slot into your favorite Historic deck, but maybe not and then there's no reason to buy anything from new sets at all. So I imagine that WotC would rather people play standard than historic and support for historic will probably reflect that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No Wave posted:

you've played hearthstone. you know it doesnt work this way.

That's exactly how it works. Wild got zero support for years, they didn't make a card change to help it until they nerfed Patches

big turtle!

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 12, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Huxley posted:

Bolt would be too good in the first year, but 3-4 years from now it'll be safe.

We’re all gonna be dead tho

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm afraid if you cannot bolt the bird it's just not real Magic.

Sadly I've only been able to shock the monkey

Hello Esper Control

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it would be good in the sideboard for esper control against whatever rakdos/gruul creature tempo builds develop

e: non creature :doh: I read it as creature. SO OBVIOOUSY TERRIBLE FOR ESPER CONTROL

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Buy packs. I wonder what the average number of R/MR WCs you pull/earn from opening a 45 pack bundle

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Guaranteed 6/1, which is really lovely return on value. Needing to buy 90 packs to get a single Historic MR isn't exactly viable.

Well, if you only got the value from the wheel, yeah, but I usually pull a couple more than that from packs in a 45. Plus you know, all the cards you get

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Khizan posted:

IMO, Feather's not going to be a deck anymore once it loses Reckless Rage. At least, not the Boros version. Thrash//Threat doesn't really replace it because it's not friendly to Dreadhorde Arcanist bouncing and has damage issues in the early game.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So I'm hearing some concerns that this f2p pricing model for the digital version of the world's most expensive card game is a bit stingy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wait I want to be in the closed beta

quote:

Stonecoil Serpent – X
Artifact Creature – Snake – Rare
Reach, trample, protection from multicolored
Stonecoil Serpent enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
0/0

quote:

Countryside Villa

Land - Plains
Countryside Villa enters the battlefield tapped unless you control three or more other Plains. If Countryside Villa enters the battlefield untapped, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The very gall, to stoop so low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If it's anything like HS, the meta gets more and more overpowered as the sets increase and then drops upon rotation. First sets in a "block" are usually lower powered (and usually the first post-rotation meta is the best)