Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

I feel like it's going to be pretty jarring to go from the a theme around the ultimate battle between the planeswalkers and nicol bolas to a theme around generating food tokens to pump your fairytale minions.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Just quite a contrast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Is there a link to the trailer?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

TheMaestroso posted:

Well sure, if I didn't use them to draft.

If youíve reached the point where you arenít getting more rewards for XP the mastery pass is a really good deal imho.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

IMJack posted:

Once Upon A Time looks a fun card.

Joust is a replacement for Reckless Rage in Boros Feather.

That's what I thought at first but given that the +2/+1 is conditional on the target being a knight this is nowhere near as good. I'm not sure it fits the bill.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

The Sean posted:

I've been chilling on my gold pile to make sure I can get a bunch of free packs for the drop of the new set. I'm at about 35k right now. Where's everyone else?

Iím at 100k right now which Iím pretty stoked about. Really looking forward to the new set since I got in just before Spark.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

qbert posted:

You should be fine. You have 15 more days of 500xp = 7500xp

You also have 2 more resets of 15 wins at 250xp each = 7500xp

That's 15k available xp without this event.

Can I bank my xp for next season?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

If you play the game every day you shouldn't need to play in this event to get XP.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

qbert posted:

That is so much worse than Reckless Rage. It costs 2, is only Sorcery speed, and none of the creatures in Feather are Knights so it will usually not deal 4 to the opposing creature. You'd also have to make sure your own creature survives the fight.

Exactly, I don't know why anyone would think Joust is a viable replacement for Reckless Rage in Feather.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Alright, what can we all complain about next?

How about those islands? loving bullshit.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

I'd actually like to see a change where you have to tap 2 islands to get 1 blue mana.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

5 free levels after people have been grinding out the standard event for two weeks feels a bit tone deaf. I'm sitting at 99.5 levels at the moment so it's no benefit to me.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the state of Arena right now.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Yeah same issue. I don't have any quests.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

PLAYELDRAINE did not work for me.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Kjermzs posted:

PlayEldraine

Now it just says code redeemed but I don't have any packs. Guess I need to wait.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Wow how would they compensate for collation issues? I assume give affected players a percentage of their opened packs as rare and mythic wild cards?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Bugsy posted:

gently caress off with 24 hour code bullshit wotc

Agreed. Why do this? Punishment for anyone not thinking about Magic 24/7.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

What's the best wolf deck going around?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Did anyone get their season rewards yet?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

It should be M20 packs right? I still haven't received anything.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Sinteres posted:

It's Eldraine packs.

Oh then I did get it. I thought the 3 Eldraine packs I got were for the PlayEldraine code that I redeemed but never got the packs for (I have a support ticket in for that).

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

People constantly complain about forgetting about planeswalker static ability text but no matter how many times I read and play against Mayhem Devil I just instantly forget what it does and die horribly

No matter how many times I get bit by Narset's and Ashiok's static ability I will never remember.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

No Mythic codes for free packs this time?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Truth Quark posted:

Every time I get matched against a cat deck I sigh heavily not because itís hard to deal with, but because it requires four clicks in every end step and the person piloting it inevitably takes about 2 minutes per activation of witchís oven

And the slowest of the slow always get the second oven.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Finished off the brawl by winning three straight games with Oko after my opponent gave up immediately after seeing Oko or right after I played him on turn two or three. I feel bad, heís busted.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

gently caress these events are awful.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Drewjitsu posted:

The Elspeth pack saves you about 10 bux depending on how many gems you feel an Elspeth is worth and if you're paying full price for the foil version.

Master pass = 3400
+10 levels = 2000
1 mythic rare = ?
1 mythic rare premium version = 1200
2 draft tokens = 2000 gems
Premium sleeve = 1200 gems

That gets you 9800 gems which is 200 short of 50usd worth of gems if you get the 100usd bundle. Factor in the mythic rare and you're barely justifying the cost of the pack.

I feel like the +10 levels shouldn't be included because you can easily get that just through consistent play. So to me this pack does not seem worth it.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Wafflecopper posted:

sharing this from the other thread

I mean, yeah, I'd probably fall for this.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Jabor posted:

Are they resetting everyone to three quests once the new set appears like last time?

Asking this too. Should I be clearing out all my quests before Theros?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Picked up the Mastery Pass but didn't get the ranked draft token. Did that happen to anyone else?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Oceanbound posted:

It unlocks at Level 30...

Oh my bad, missed that on the track. Thanks.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Worth splashing blue here for Sealed?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Thanks for the tips. I figured it wasn't worth it despite some synergy with the rest of my deck.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Yeah time to maindeck some enchantment hate in bo1.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Does sealed not count towards the limited rank?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Huxley posted:

No, only the Bo1 they call "Ranked Draft" counts toward your rank (and also your one-draft-per-month you want to play to get your free pack).

So I've basically got to do 1 eldraine draft to get the free pack. I can't do sealed or traditional draft for Theros. drat.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Thanks. I have all Eldraine rares so, no, it's not worth it to play a draft in that format. Hopefully I can catch a Theros draft before the season ends. I don't understand the reasoning for why traditional draft and sealed don't count. They are limited.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

There is no ďbestĒ way because the ďAlways Be Constantly DraftingĒ packs-at-the-end of the season requires you to A) already be good at drafting and B) means you spend 3/4 of the season without the most current cards.

Some people seem to really enjoy playing that way, but some people hate draft and get more out of just playing to 4/15 wins a day.

Iím doing this for the current season because thereís plenty of constructed decks you can play without Theros. I donít think you could get away with that after Eldraine came out because its power level was so high.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

axeil posted:

Oh and they confirmed ranked draft for the current set is doing a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off thing now. Preeeettty sure this is to stop people rare drafting the set. The confirmation that true drafts are coming at some point is nice though, and I do like how they are committing to more free events.

Well that's a load of bullshit.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

There's a Ben Stark recorded draft where he p1p1s dream trawler and the bots cut him so hard on white it is loving delightful

I donít suppose you know which twitch/youtube video of his has this do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

I assume human draft would require you play against other people in your draft pod right? They would never do 8 person human draft but then you just queue into games as normal.

I like the idea of human draft but just donít have the time to draft and then go straight into 3 or more games