Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i've bought DP1 on both PC and PS3 and never played more than an hour of it (i think i got to a part where a deputy makes you find 8 different squirrel ones before you find the "right one" before stopping) and other than the game just generally looking like it's two generations old, neither one was obviously busted.

if i was inclined to replay DP1 now (halloween next month and the sequel being announced) which platform would be optimal PC or PS3?

Ps3 is slightly better, the pc port is terrrrrrrrible. its a glitchy, crashy mess. The game isn't about the graphics, or the gameplay. its about the story, and how wacky it is. My friend chose it as our game to play, back when my friends had the time to meet a couple times a week to game together. we'd go in order, each person picking a game, then just passing off control every so often, unless it was a multiplayer game, and after we beat deadly premonition, having loved it, despite the awful gameplay, he asked a very important question. "If the gameplay was better, would it have been a better game?" and we thought about it. the answer was "No, Not really."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Wait why the gently caress didn’t they include the Director’s Cut content? That’s kinda hosed up I don’t think I even paid $30 for the original game why would I buy this port?

I will probably buy 2 though

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Aishlinn posted:

Ps3 is slightly better, the pc port is terrrrrrrrible. its a glitchy, crashy mess. The game isn't about the graphics, or the gameplay. its about the story, and how wacky it is. My friend chose it as our game to play, back when my friends had the time to meet a couple times a week to game together. we'd go in order, each person picking a game, then just passing off control every so often, unless it was a multiplayer game, and after we beat deadly premonition, having loved it, despite the awful gameplay, he asked a very important question. "If the gameplay was better, would it have been a better game?" and we thought about it. the answer was "No, Not really."

cool ty for that, i will have to make a concerted effort to play through the game by the end of october this year

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

i think we all need to bomb SWERY's twitter with #YorkForSmash

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I am extremely excited for Deadlier Premonition.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aishlinn posted:

i think we all need to bomb SWERY's twitter with #YorkForSmash
Would we get a Raincoat Killer Mii costume out of this too?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Raxivace posted:

Would we get a Raincoat Killer Mii costume out of this too?

..........................................................Are we going to get a york amiibo?

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I was about to buy the Switch version until I heard about the problems with the port. There is a patch coming so I hope it gets fixed.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I'm confused. Per the DP1 ending, isn't he Zach now? shouldn't he have gray hair and a bigger scar?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I'm confused. Per the DP1 ending, isn't he Zach now? shouldn't he have gray hair and a bigger scar?

I thought it was a prequel.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

ItBreathes posted:

I thought it was a prequel.

just watched the trailer again, confirmed I'm a moron

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
looks like we ARE supposed to be getting a patch for the switch version. Also people are yelling at swery on twitter for tech support which is kinda disappointing but not surprising.

https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/1169759533633175552

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Japanese companies seem to do this weird thing where they actually admit when they've made bad things. Toho renamed the 90's American Godzilla 'Zilla' since they don't consider it worthy of being a god.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 7, 2019

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Why do i get the feeling that sgf will be skateboarding everywhere instead of taking the car?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i always thought the racing theme sounded exactly like American Idiot and just today i finally noticed the loving title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aIyKkK31Wk

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

BiggerJ posted:

Japanese companies seem to do this weird thing where they actually admit when they've made bad things. Toho renamed the 90's American Godzilla 'Zilla' since they don't consider it worthy of being a god.

Also its appearance in Final Wars and how they intentionally made it CG instead of a person in a suit and the way the fight plays out LMAAAAAOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxhdo4HDgg

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Just picked up the first one on the Switch, so far no bugs other than overall jankiness. I love how it's just a mash up of Resident Evil/Silent Hill and Twin Peaks. Hoping 2 has updated controls. :sweatdrop:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I hope they patch Origins sooner rather than later, because I'm not playing it while the sound just cuts out at random. How the gently caress did they release it onto the store in that state? That's not jank, that's just plain broken.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Yeah, from what I understand it's being worked on and should be updated this week. As posted above from SWERY.

Bad ports seem to be a trend -_- the FFVIII remaster was low effort too. Really disappointing.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The patch for DP Origins is live. Fingers crossed that it fixed it.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Well, I guess since this is coming I have to actually play the game and finish it, even though I've owned it on 360 (immediately bought it after watching the first Giant Bomb video of it. It was an endurance run, right? I don't remember.) and PC since forever.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just when I thought "well, at least the Switch version won't crash", it did. Save often ya'll.

I've encountered other bugs unique to this version, too. Ugh.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

It looks like it's going to be a prequel and a sequel. Main character Aaliyah decides to pick up 14 year old case that young, cool hair York was originally investigating but never solved. It looks like old man Zach is helping Aaliyah out in the present though and he looks rough.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
God, I really really hope we get a denoument where you-as-Zach call out for York to wake up like he called out to Zach at the start of DP1.
Like, you've tracked the killer down in the present as Aliyah and Old Zach, and things have gone to poo poo and everything looks hopeless and it's just:

( A ) "York."
( A ) "Wake up, York."

And we get a cool scene where the camera spins around and passes behind Zach's head then winds up in front of him and he's Old York. :allears:

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
:dogcited::dogcited::dogcited:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1255119574527348738?s=21

:siren::siren::siren:

Zach, are you ready? It’s time.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This game is 50% off did the patch make it playable?

I played it back on 360 but I heard there were some quality of life updates in this version so instead like to give it another go to appreciate the story.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

I’m a few hours in as a first-timer so I have no frame of reference with older versions of the game, but I can say that it is “playable” in the sense that the game runs and I am able to progress...

But god drat this is the jankiest, roughest thing I have played in a long time. I spent a good five minutes trying to figure out the magical sequence of buttons to make the road map zoom out more, as I kept thinking to myself surely this map must zoom out more than two city blocks, no sane person would knowingly ship a game like this

It’s a good thing this game is as weird and Twin Peaksy as promised, this jank is a lot to put up with in my increasingly old age.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

This game is 50% off did the patch make it playable?

I played it back on 360 but I heard there were some quality of life updates in this version so instead like to give it another go to appreciate the story.
Consensus was to get the 360 version. There are several places where the game can still crash and I think there was something about playing the game for too long that causes increasing slowdown. Expect to reload saves after every hour and rest for ten minutes.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah the switch version still has crashes and audio bugs

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Consensus was to get the 360 version. There are several places where the game can still crash and I think there was something about playing the game for too long that causes increasing slowdown. Expect to reload saves after every hour and rest for ten minutes.

Eh, I don’t have a 360 any more and the game was on sale for $15 so I grabbed it. Hopefully they will patch it more in the future.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I got the Switch version and it crashed four times by the time I beat it, save often folks

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I only now noticed it's DEAD2Y PREMONITION

Also I agree that Zack needs to have a Yugioh sequence where he transforms into York.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This game comes out on Friday.

I’m trying to convince my wife that she would like the first game but she is skeptical.

Also I’m playing Switcher 3 right now which is insanely glitchy even with the newest patch so I’m considering it warm up for Deadly Premonition on Switch.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m insanely excited for this no matter how janky it is

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Based on the reviews, it sounds even worse than the first one on a technical level while also having a story that isn't quite as good. I have this preordered, but I'll probably return it and wait for a PC port or a Switch sale down the road if they fix some of the bugs, or if the consensus here is better than the reviews.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
yeah... improvements in ports.... bug fixing....

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

elf help book posted:

yeah... improvements in ports.... bug fixing....

The Switch port of DP1 did get it's bugs fixed. The sound issues are gone now, and I never had a crash, so it isn't impossible.

I'm not magically expecting the framerate to be fixed on Switch, but there is no way my PC couldn't run the game well if it gets a port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

man nurse posted:

I’m insanely excited for this no matter how janky it is

I was too but after seeing it in action, I dunno