Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Nutsngum posted:

This is one of my legit favourite songs of all time and its an absolute shame Dream Academy only had very minor success outside of it as they were legit a good band.

They must be getting some sick royalty money from Dario G though.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw

I think maybe Skee Lo had one other track?

Powerful Two-Hander has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Sep 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Haha what? They released 9 albums and are still touring today (which is pretty unbelievable if I'm honest), not really the definition of a one hit wonder....

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Inceltown posted:

There is an incredible story behind this and I have no way to expand on that. Learning what went into this song was second only to watching Prodigy make a track.

It also resulted in this shameful piece of UK music history:

quote:

In 1996, The Smurfs released a parody of the song called "I've Got a Little Puppy" which was included on the album The Smurfs Go Pop! The parody charted within the top 10 in the United Kingdom, peaking at number four for two weeks in September