Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

tsob posted:

I thought the entire point of balefire is that it burns you out of the pattern forever; that the reason it's so dangerous is because it's causing actual damage to the Pattern, and using it too much can damage the Pattern to the point it can't work around it or recover from those lost threads?

nope e: at the forever part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

tsob posted:

I thought the entire point of balefire is that it burns you out of the pattern forever; that the reason it's so dangerous is because it's causing actual damage to the Pattern, and using it too much can damage the Pattern to the point it can't work around it or recover from those lost threads?

It destabilizes the pattern and makes reality weird because a bunch of it unravels, Jordan clarified it doesn't burn everything out forever though. The reason it prevents resurrection for the Forsaken is that the Dark One needs to grab them at the instant of their death and when that retroactively happens an hour before they died he misses the window and they pass on.

quote:

JOHN NOVAK
[Is balefire the eternal death of the soul?]

ROBERT JORDAN
If someone is balefired, the Dark One can't reincarnate them. But they CAN be spun back out into the Wheel as normal. Balefire is NOT the eternal death of the soul. He also made a comment to the effect that even in the absence of balefire, there may be circumstances where the Dark One cannot bring someone back. There was a long line, so I didn't press.

quote:

WEEK 3 QUESTION (MATT HATCH)
There are many theories that attempt to create a connection of time duration to the transmigration of the dead Forsaken. Are there time and/or power constraints on the Dark One's ability to transmigrate souls?

ROBERT JORDAN
There are definitely time constraints on the Dark One's power to transmigrate a soul. The soul doesn't have to be secured immediately—that is, the Dark One doesn't have to be ready to snatch the soul at the instant of death—but the longer that passes after the death, the less chance that the Dark One will be able to secure the soul. Someone who has been killed with balefire in actuality died before the apparent time of his or her death, and thus the window of opportunity for the Dark One to secure that soul for transmigration is gone before the Dark One can know that the soul must be secured unless the amount of balefire used is very small. Remember that the more balefire is used, the further back the target's thread is burned out of the Pattern.

After the soul is secured, then a suitable body must be acquired and stripped of the (former) owner's memory and soul to make way for the favored one. By the way, what constitutes a suitable body from the Dark One's perspective is not that of the recipient. Certainly Aginor would never have chosen to be reincarnated in his, shall we say, less than imposing body, nor would the womanizing Balthamel have chosen to be reincarnated as a beautiful woman. It was only chance that Moridin ended up in a body that is young, fairly good looking and physically imposing. Those things simply don't matter to the Dark One. But the body has to be basically healthy and sound, and neither too young nor too old. After all, the Dark One wants his servants to be effective, and a body that meets those basic requirements is more desirable than one that doesn't. Since there is no stockpile of such bodies, the only way for someone to die and immediately be reincarnated would be a matter of pure chance. That is, the death occurred when a suitable body was on hand for some other reason.

There are a few other limits and constraints, but I won't go into them here, since I may want to use them in the books, and I would rather they come as a surprise if I do.

quote:

QUESTION
Balefire is one of the most confusing things in the book, for me. I find the fine aspects of it, the whole threading together of the things that work in it... Could you be a little more elaborate on that?

ROBERT JORDAN
All right. The cosmography we're looking at here, is not the cosmography of here and now. The Wheel of Time is in its way a spinning wheel. The fabric of reality is woven by the threads. Those threads are the lines that are formed by people passing through time. Each person has a thread. The thread has its sole dimension in time, its life is in time. Those are the threads that are used to weave the fabric of reality. When balefire strikes a person, a thread here, it doesn't simply stop the thread there. The thread burns backwards a little bit, like you just took a thread and put a match to it and it burns up a little bit before it goes out. It depends on how hot the flame is how far it's going to burn back and what the material is opposed to. It burns up a little bit, it doesn't just catch fire on the end and go out. So that person that was hit here is burned out of the pattern back to here. What that person did between here and here was no longer done. Other people remember seeing it. They may remember the supposed effects of it but what that person did wasn't done. It didn't happen, it's not real. Now that's a little bit of a shiver on the fabric of reality as it is. The reason that there was an unofficial agreement in the War of the Shadow to not use balefire any more, to stop using it, was simply that several cities were destroyed in that way. Hundreds of thousands of threads were burnt out from the Pattern in one go and the fabric of reality began to unravel. And even the guys going for the Dark One knew that there's not a whole lot of point to winning if winning means there's nothing there to rule, nothing there to win. If you burnt out the stakes, forget it. Have I made it a little clearer I hope?

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 14, 2022

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It can cause damage to the pattern if too much is used at once and too many threads burnt out and causes time travel type problems but not long term problems once it stops being used. Jordan confirmed people who get balefired are not dead forever.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Yeah, I realized almost immediately after posting that the idea it burned the person/thread out of the pattern forever can't be right, since Lews Therin Telamon killed himself using a huge lance of balefire that created Dragonmount it caused so much damage to the actual environment. So obviously the Pattern itself can eventually mend them back into a new life, but the Dark One can't. I wonder if the Dark One would care about catching the same people again and again in that case? Or would they even notice, beyond a few important people like Ishamael (since Ishamael is probably his champion)?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ishy was born before the bore iirc so I think he's just a philosopher.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

LTT didn't use balefire on himself.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Yeah, he was a world famous philosopher who got incredibly deep in the weeds once he learned about the existence of the Dark One and realized that reality was eventually going to end. So he decided to go for broke with it and then went insane after the bore was sealed because he was on the outermost layer so he could feel the passage of time and managed to get out for 40 year stretches every 1000 years or so.

There's nothing that suggests he remembers anything more than his time in the AoL and current age, but he's lived like 3500+ years even with just that and wasn't in stasis for any of it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I think Jordan has said ltt didn't use balefire at the end. Which, I mean, if he had things might have gotten complicated.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Zore posted:

Yeah, he was a world famous philosopher who got incredibly deep in the weeds once he learned about the existence of the Dark One and realized that reality was eventually going to end. So he decided to go for broke with it and then went insane after the bore was sealed because he was on the outermost layer so he could feel the passage of time and managed to get out for 40 year stretches every 1000 years or so.

There's nothing that suggests he remembers anything more than his time in the AoL and current age, but he's lived like 3500+ years even with just that and wasn't in stasis for any of it.

Plus using the TP like water made him feel even more insane and feeling like the Dark One

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Its never confirmed he's the dark ones champion like dragon is for the light but I like the idea personally so that's my head canon.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Sure, but everyone has to have been born at some point before they become aligned to any given side. Ishamael certainly seems to believe he's been reborn again and again, and opposed Rand numerous times and honestly, I don't really see a reason to doubt that it's at least possible; even if he's wrong that he specifically (or his soul) has done so.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think Jordan has said ltt didn't use balefire at the end. Which, I mean, if he had things might have gotten complicated.

Huh...weird. I always assumed it was balefire once it comes up in the story, but reading online it seems to just be described as Lews Therin drawing too much of the One Power. Which, I'm not really sure why it'd draw down a huge lance of light like that in his case since any time anyone else overused the power it just burned them from the inside if I recall?

tsob fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 14, 2022

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

A lot of stuff in the first book doesn't *quite* fit with the magic system of the series as a whole.

On this general discussion, I love the line from Moridin in their dreamshard conversation, when Rand says "I killed you. I saw you die" or something, and he responds "You know, I watched you die."

Just two dead people reborn, grumbling about their roles in the cosmos.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

He says during veins of gold that lews therin when he died drew as much as the choeden Kal does. That might explain it.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

If he'd balefired himself his family might still be alive.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Colonel Cool posted:

Also he'd have un broke the world and un won the war.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Also he'd have un broke the world and un won the war.

Gotta time it just right.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Be some a+ trolling if he wasted ishy then balefired himself

Dude would be all oh God yes finally sweet oblivion

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Colonel Cool posted:

It depends on how big the balefire is; even the big bar of it that Rand hit Rahvin with seemed to only undo a relatively short time frame. Maybe a half hour or less. It also depends on how long Lews Therin's family were dead. It seemed to be hours, if not days. I very much doubt he could run the clock back far enough to undo the sealing, since that was almost certainly days or weeks by that point. He went mad the second he completed the sealing, but that doesn't mean he went home immediately. Or that Ishamael sought him out to gloat straight after.

I got the impression it'd been weeks by then, and that his family were dead with days as he wondered silent halls gibbering to himself personally. Then again, I got the impression he'd balefired himself, so what do I know... :shobon:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

tsob posted:

It depends on how big the balefire is; even the big bar of it that Rand hit Rahvin with seemed to only undo a relatively short time frame. Maybe a half hour or less. It also depends on how long Lews Therin's family were dead. It seemed to be hours, if not days. I very much doubt he could run the clock back far enough to undo the sealing, since that was almost certainly days or weeks by that point. He went mad the second he completed the sealing, but that doesn't mean he went home immediately. Or that Ishamael sought him out to gloat straight after.

I got the impression it'd been weeks by then, and that his family were dead with days as he wondered silent halls gibbering to himself personally. Then again, I got the impression he'd balefired himself, so what do I know... :shobon:

FWIW my impression was it was something less than hours plural, he'd killed them all, turned around, forgot, and started wandering.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I don't think we can actually really know how far back Rahvin got burned, can we? Not for certain, at least. We know that the people that he killed directly with the Power at the very start of the fight got un-killed, but prior to that he was just chilling in the throne room and we don't know of anything he did that can be confirmed (or not) to be un-did.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

bio347 posted:

I don't think we can actually really know how far back Rahvin got burned, can we? Not for certain, at least. We know that the people that he killed directly with the Power at the very start of the fight got un-killed, but prior to that he was just chilling in the throne room and we don't know of anything he did that can be confirmed (or not) to be un-did.

He just finished announcing his proposal for a progressive income tax in Andor as a means to destroy the entrenched power of the nobility, why do you think Rand chose that moment to attack?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
We were talking about the horror stuff on the last page and I just remembered the part of the Rhuidean ter'angreal Aiel memories thing (the arches/rings or whatever Rand goes into) where the Shaido guy who's gone in before Rand literally, over a series of snapshots, claws his own eyes out of the sockets, right in front of Rand.

tsob posted:

Lanfear skinning Hadnan Kadere happens off-screen and we just see her standing in the center of Hadnan's exploded caravan holding his bloody corpse, but Rand is so focused on everything else happening that you could get the same approximate effect by having it only show that for a second (or less) before moving on, with Lanfear dropping it and no-one addressing it because it's just not important compared to everything else happening.
We actually see her take the skin and blow it up like a freakin balloon before she comes out holding the flayed corpse I think :/

Gwaihir posted:

I think most of the difference is that there's disturbing things that happen, but the book USUALLY doesn't revel or spend extensive time on them. It's more often a blink and you'll miss it moment, like the mentioned bit with Lanfear and Kadere.
Yeah it's the way it's so matter of fact. Which kind of makes sense when the writer was in the military and I assume saw some pretty hosed up things in Nam.

bio347 posted:

If you look at it from a slight angle, EotW is basically a horror novel. Or perhaps a bunch of horror short stories jammed together. The later books don't really share the same feeling, so you probably don't want to lean into it too hard if you're planning on adapting the whole thing, but an EotW-only series that does would be pretty rad I think.

His Divine Shadow posted:

The whole escape from the two rivers really was prime horror material if handled correctly. Sad we'll never get to see it.
Yeah it would've been awesome. The first book is genuinely creepy at times with the Fades stalking them. It's kind of amazing/bizarre to me that they failed to adapt that in the series. It's all so cinematic in the book.

Hexel posted:

Looks like NYCC is our next opportunity for some significant season 2 news.

https://twitter.com/wottvseries/status/1570080338608803841?s=46&t=JEdf8HlHXqTtOhiisHHx7w
I think this is the first time Rafe has been at a public Q&A since season 1. I wonder if there'll be some WoT who go along to voice their complaints. A lot of angry nerds out there who didn't like the season (not just the racists, I mean).

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
An interesting article popped up in my newsfeed this morning. The guy who wrote the upcoming Origins of the Wheel of Time book talks about how, while going through Jordan's notes for the book, he realized that the world map created for The World of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time book years ago was wrong, and Jordan sent numerous requests to the publisher to correct it without any apparent success. The errors being two fold: firstly, that the southernmost landmass that mirrors Australia should be named "the Mad Lands" and not "the Land of Madmen", and secondly that the Seanchan continent was smaller than it should be. By quite a ways. Jordan wanted it to extend lower on the southern hemisphere, and for the entire southern hemisphere portion to be extended quite a lot wider.

So the map essentially goes from this in The World of Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time:

to this in Origins of the Wheel of Time:

With the permission of Jordan's wife, assistant etc. Which, frankly, makes more sense, since the ocean in the original map looked yawningly big and that entire portion of the map looked kind of empty. Not like that's impossible for a fictional setting that includes magic that hosed up geography or anything, obviously; but it just looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing with the new arrangement.

That aside, he also says that some of the geographical features of the Seanchan continent in the original map, like how rivers were laid out, were physically impossible and I'm not actually versed enough to know why; so I'm curious if anyone can illuminate that point further, out of curiousity.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

FWIW my impression was it was something less than hours plural, he'd killed them all, turned around, forgot, and started wandering.

I went back and re-read the prologue a few hours ago to see if there's any indication of time, because I thought there might be sentences noting whether blood was fresh or congealed etc, but I can't spot anything that implies how long ago Lews Therin had killed his family beyond noting that "the palace still shook occasionally as the earth rumbled in memory" as the opening line. Which, apropos of nothing, is a really good opening line. It's only really a vague implication at best, but the usage of the word "memory" there implies it's been at least a little while to me. It could absolutely just be poetic license to make for a nicer sounding line though, so I'm happy to admit it means nothing.

Beyond that the only other thing even vaguely implying it is the fact Ishamael says that Lews Therin killed everyone he ever loved and everyone who ever loved him. Which, again, could just be poetic wording and Ishamael being vindicate by implying he killed more than just his family and those in his home/palace, but it implies something that took a while, and probably wasn't confined just to his home to me.

I think a stronger implication though is in Ishamael's line that "Even now the Hundred Companions are tearing the world apart, and every day a hundred men more join them.". The fact he says that "every day" a hundred men join the ranks of those infected with Saidin's madness implies it's been at least a few days to me, to have such a measure on how quickly things are progressing.

I still think Lews Therin's death reads as balefire too:

Dragonmount posted:

The air turned to fire, the fire to light liquefied. The bolt that struck from the heavens would have seared and blinded any eye that glimpsed it, even for an instant. From the heavens it came, blazed through Lews Therin Telamon, bored into the bowels of the earth. Stone turned to vapor at its touch. The earth thrashed and quivered like a living thing in agony. Only a heartbeat did the shining bar exist, connecting ground and sky, but even after it vanished the earth yet heaved like the sea in a storm.

The description of light liquefied, a shining bar that existed only for a moment and blindingly bright light etc. just reads like balefire. It isn't, and the prose even describes him drawing deeply on the Power, beyond what he could safely hold, but I imagine that's why I just assumed without even thinking further on it that it was balefire for years once balefire's properties are clarified in book 4 or 5.

bio347 posted:

I feel like there's some implication in the text that Asmodean, Aviendha and Mat were only just inside the window, and that something else that had happened hadn't been undone, but I couldn't honestly tell you why at the moment. I have vague recollections of the text describing a wall falling and causing damage that Rand notes hasn't been undone or something, but I'll have to re-read the chapter later when I get the chance to see if it's just memory being fuzzy, getting details mixed up or what.

tsob fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Sep 15, 2022

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Grandael was at the fight too so damage she did wasn't undone.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Wasn't her only part in it to turn up and kill Asmodean after the battle was done?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

tsob posted:

Wasn't her only part in it to turn up and kill Asmodean after the battle was done?

No. She was with Rahvin attacking Rand and co. This is part of how someone actually figured out it was Graendal that killed Asmodean years before Jordan revealed it.

Edit: after looking it up online can't find anything mentioning this, so might be faulty memories of something I read long ago.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 15, 2022

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

cheesetriangles posted:

No. She was with Rahvin attacking Rand and co. This is part of how someone actually figured out it was Graendal that killed Asmodean years before Jordan revealed it.

Edit: after looking it up online can't find anything mentioning this, so might be faulty memories of something I read long ago.

I can't re-read the actual book at the moment, and probably can't for a few days, but checking online the only passage I can find mentioning Graendal directly to tie her to the attack is:

The Fires of Heaven posted:

Nynaeve gave the leash a short tug, staggering her. “I know that. Tell me something new.” The woman was captive here, but the a’dam only existed so long as they were in Tel’aran’rhiod.

“Do you know they are drawing Rand al’Thor to attack Sammael? But when he does, he will find the others as well, waiting to trap him between them. At least, he will find Graendal and Rahvin. I think Lanfear plays another game, one the others know nothing about.”

So Moghedien thinks/knows Graendal will be waiting with Rahvin to attack Rand; but that seems to be assuming he'll go to attack Sammael in Illian rather than Rahvin in Caemlyn. Which might be why Graendal isn't there during the attack itself, since Rahvin was paranoid enough to protect himself but the others expected the attack elsewhere. There doesn't seem to be any direct mention of her during the attack itself, going off chapter summaries on the Wiki or looking up people talking about the chapter during re-reads etc. That said, you're right that people used that mention of Graendal to place her as the most likely suspect (along with lower odds on Taim, Sammael etc) years before it was actively revealed going off discussion from 10/15 years ago in those pages.

tsob fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 15, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The other big clue is that she thinks about objects she had removed from Illian, after Sammael's death. It stands to reason she'd take that opportunity with others.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Graendal really got a lot of forsaken killed. Aran'gar, Maessana, Asmodean more directly and kinda lead to the deaths of Ravhin and Sammael with her plotting.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

cheesetriangles posted:

Graendal really got a lot of forsaken killed. Aran'gar, Maessana, Asmodean more directly and kinda lead to the deaths of Ravhin and Sammael with her plotting.

I mean, they were all planning to kill or at least humiliate and make subservient the others, beyond arguably Ishamael; so really, that just makes her more successful than the others if anything. That said, how was she responsible for Mesaana's death (well...infantilization, mind death, whatever) again?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

tsob posted:

I mean, they were all planning to kill or at least humiliate and make subservient the others, beyond arguably Ishamael; so really, that just makes her more successful than the others if anything. That said, how was she responsible for Mesaana's death (well...infantilization, mind death, whatever) again?

This one is pretty indirect, her plan was give Slayer the dream spike to keep Perrin's army from Traveling then ambush them with trollocs via portal stone, but Perrin swiped the dream spike and took it to Tar Valon while the tower fight happened, so it trapped everyone on the island there instead of letting them escape to whatever spot they had planned to take Egwene.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Really weird to think that RJ died 15 years ago tomorrow. Time is an illusion.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Really weird to think that RJ died 15 years ago tomorrow. Time is an illusion.

well, drat.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

El Grillo posted:

I think this is the first time Rafe has been at a public Q&A since season 1

He actually did a rather extensive Q&A via twitter after San Diego Comic Con a couple months ago. The panel at SDCC was about the animated origins and the in-panel questions were related to that, afterwards it seems he got a little tipsy and answered a ton of S2 questions on twitter.

There's a recap of all the questions and answers here:

https://dragonmount.com/news/tv-show/in-case-you-missed-it-rafe-judkins-answers-fan-questions-on-twitter-r1293/

Hexel fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 15, 2022

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

I think part of the Graendal/Caemlyn theory was that Rand had a bunch of fish bite wounds or something still after he balefired Rahvin so people assumed there was another attacker around, but then later someone confirmed that balefire doesn't necessarily cancel out Tel'aran'rhiod injuries.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

tsob posted:

I feel like there's some implication in the text that Asmodean, Aviendha and Mat were only just inside the window, and that something else that had happened hadn't been undone, but I couldn't honestly tell you why at the moment. I have vague recollections of the text describing a wall falling and causing damage that Rand notes hasn't been undone or something, but I'll have to re-read the chapter later when I get the chance to see if it's just memory being fuzzy, getting details mixed up or what.

I remember there being some bit about how he had set up wards all over the city to be able to find men who were channeling, and those would have still been up. So even big amounts of balefire wouldn't have gone back weeks or even days.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

cheesetriangles posted:

You're technically correct which is the best kind of correct.

Taimandred actually killed asmodean but then Jordan changed his mind on taimandred so had to figure it out again.

When Sanderson went through Jordan's notes te asmodean, all they found was the wotfaq graendal theory printed out with a "this is correct" post it note attached

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Hexel posted:

I think most folks meant that they left Emonds Field too fast and should have chilled there for two episodes doing character building poo poo.

The exact kind of snoozefest that would forfeit new viewers that arent already invested in the IP.
They could have included a bunch of character and world building stuff, while keeping in some of the action/horror that they cut out like the prologue, the fade stalking all the boys of a similar age to our heroes, Rand and Tam's desperate escape and journey to town. They didn't just cut snooze worthy stuff, they cut a bunch of action, horror and drama.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s like they knew they were never going to get the time to go through 14 books of material instead of realizing that a lot of the cut stuff should be in the later books anyways. Like the first five seasons could have closely run directly through the books and it would be engaging. The best parts of the books are the characters and we get piss all characters besides maybe Moiraine and Lan. The dragon mystery was dumb as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/ferrygooddogs/status/1571558362554466307?t=b-NfBY7b4y2_ngltdoiJbw&s=19

#lucaforhopper

:luca:

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 18, 2022