Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Which book was the one where the first half was just a retelling of events of the previous book from a different perspective? I wasn't a fan of that one, since it felt that too much of the book focused on that instead of giving us anything new, and it wasn't too interesting for the most part on top of that.

IIRC book 10, Crossroads of Twilight is like that wrt the cleansing of saidin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The advantage of a visual medium is that you can have just non-stop braid pulling action going on while also doing other stuff. A bit like showing tits in GoT, really.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Just use Brad Dourif.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

ulmont posted:

Much more about the death metal outline of the Wheel of Time here: https://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-genesis-of-wheel-of-time.html

Cool link this btw

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

to be honest I usually start my rereads at book 4

That's hosed up.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

minema posted:

I think the producer had hinted that there would possibly be something between the girls in the harem too, I think that could go either way regarding the wish fulfilment-ness of the situation though. Some Aiel marriages with two men and more time on the Greens who marry all their warders might make up for it a bit I suppose. I think inherently the magic system and how binary it is will also be noticed by people unless they change it a bit.

More than the harem I find it tiring that almost everyone pairs up, it just doesn't add anything a lot of the time and seems pointless.

I don’t see how they could change the duality of the magic system, it’s an overarcing theme through the whole story. It will be interesting too see how they deal with the whole ’men are from Mars, women are from Venus’ thing, if they follow through with it like the books it could be a really weird feel.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

DarkHorse posted:

Same

The outriggers featuring the adventures of Mat and Tuon as they reconquer Seanchan however will be sorely missed

That would have been so sick.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

lol I wouldn't doubt. it was super novel and cool when GoT brought in asian and middle eastern influences to their looks, so I'm not complaining too much if it looks similar. that visual flair definitively kept me watching past the series' date of expiration.

I’ve forgotten a lot of the books, are the Lannisters using asian-looking armor there as well? Because Shienar has that samurai style to it in the book, which happened to come out six years before Game of Thrones did. So who’s stealing from who? Or they were both inspired by the same stuff.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
The part when they enter the Blight and everything is so over-the-top dangerous rocks. The thing I can’t remember that’s in the lakes in Malkier, and the things that the worms are afraid of that I don’t think ever shows up again?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Ani posted:

There's a short story that Sanderson wrote alongside the last book that, among other things, includes a fully-matured "worm".

Of course there is

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

the Dragon Reborn

the Great Hunt

the Shadow Rising

These all rock imo, even if Perrin looks a bit goofy in the Stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
There’s an actual chance we get Mat beating the douche bros in the Tower and that should be enough for anyone imho.