Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Sean-chan is so dreamy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Brolander posted:

listen kid. duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather. it is important you understand this before you can tie your shoes

and now we discuss how to sheathe the sword

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Thats why he's a ghostwriter

lol

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

Change his actor based on the perspective of the person looking at him so he is exactly as charming or boyish looking as he needs in order for the Pattern to get the outcome it needs.

lol

I'm really excited for this TV show. I haven't read the Wheel of Time since A Memory of Light came out so I started re-reading it. I had been worried that, being older, I'd look less favorably on the writing. I still really like it though even if parts haven't aged that well.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Brolander posted:

I'm enjoying that podcast, she's funny. He's okay, commits to the voices fully which is, admirable if not always enjoyable

same, it owns

currently on the great hunt chapter 34-35 episode, i can't stop listening

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Barreft posted:

Thanks for Wheel Takes.

She lasered right in on Graendal to Asmo

its intuitively obvious to the most casual observer :enkidel:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

okay the entire chastity belt stuff with rand is golden

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Just started the Wheel Takes podcast. Kinda grating, but worth it for the one take I completely missed

Ishmael starts threatening them and saying he;'s a bad guy right off the bat, she points out that's not how you get what you want from teenage boys. Later Mordeth shows up, being super creepy, and still gets them to come into his haunted basement with his promise of treasure. If Ishmael had offered them just ONE loving ter'angreal trinket from his journeys while compiling his evil resume, he could have gotten at least 1, if not 2, or even all 3 to swear to the shadow or corrupt them or compel them or anything. Really underplayed.

ishy just likes to be an honest bargainer, really sell what serving the shadow is all about

it's frankly baffling that so many aes sedai joined up with the black ajah, one can only assume he had other recruiters that were not so concerned with honesty back during the trolloc wars

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

not sure how i feel about that sneak peek but we'll see

i'm really loving al'naito though, listening to that on repeat. definitely the theme for the amyrlin seat

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Crini posted:

One of my favorite little exchanges is more comedic. In the first book after Perrin and Egwene visit the Tinkers with Elyas there’s a little back and forth about how an older Tinker woman was teaching Egwene how to be a woman. Perrin remarks that no one teaches men how to be men and Egwene says that’s probably why you do such a bad job of it.

its a great line and super true lol

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

uPen posted:

:emptyquote:

e: Get rid of Elayne too, Rand can date Galad.

that's incest, so i guess if they really wanna go after that game of thrones market that's the way to go

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i mean, it really can't be chesmal emry lmao

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Mat needing a circle of 12 and powerful objects of the One Power to cure a hangover would be exactly in character.

that much channeling is just going to give him a worse headache though

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i think it'd be better to give fain more things to do as a villain

tbh he'd work as the major antagonist to mat in the way slayer is to perrin and moridin is to rand, i think. the gholam is cool and all but also not really a character, then give him the same ending and you can still have the "was fain an emergency dark one replacement???" theory even

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

I was there and had a look at the extended trailers. I can go into it under spoilers if it's not against the rules??

it should be fine, post away friend

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Every PoV character is taveran

especially bayle domon

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i want to see john wick as a hero of the horn now

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

crossroads of twilight had some really solid mat chapters

and then there was everything else

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Who's that dude in the white royal-looking clothes with the silver goblet?

eamon valda i think

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

make rand a weird hodgepodge of gestures, some of which are more aes sedai like (from watching moiraine), others more forceful, and some more like the forsaken as more age of legends knowledge bleeds through

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Anias posted:

Ishamael Prances into the dream, doing increasingly elaborate ballet

"Do you still enjoy dancing, Lews Therin? We studied it, as intently as the blade you wear, but it's all meaningless in the end. As meaningless as talking to you, I suppose. Do you remember any of this, Kinslayer? Do you?"

lol

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

ChubbyChecker posted:

wtf

dark one's greasy taint is one of the best terms in fantasy

without the taint there is no reason to watch this

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

when depicting the age of legends, it must genre-shift to musical, complete with elaborate dance routines. this is to represent the singing with the ogier, aiel, and nym back in the day, and how saidar and saidin were in harmony

when forsaken are on screen, it must continue to be a musical, only ominous

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

loial should be played by a tower of children in a too large coat

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Democratic Pirate posted:

The shot of the tinkers camp in those leaks wasn’t eye-searingly colorful, 0/10 show is ruined.

we need eye searing colors and the dark one's taint, judkins you coward!!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

if they remove the spanking i riot

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

make galad gay imo

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Data Graham posted:

"doing chores" sure does consume a lot of page count in WoT.

its like real life

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

its actually weird things ish consciously chooses to do because he thinks its metal as gently caress and awesome, but his focus on this is why he gets owned by rand every time

this is actually the madness the rest of the forsaken reference, not that he thinks he's the dark one or wants to undo all of creation

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

Still gonna have to be a big part considering only men have the ~TAINT~.

this is the change that will kill the show, its the taint, not the corruption!!! mark my words judkins! you're killing off your meme base!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i want nynaeve to be the fakeout dragon, due to being extremely strong in the force one power

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

dragon nynaeve or bust

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Anias posted:

LTT wasn’t mad because of the taint. He was making insane wizard decisions from moment “drill the bore”.

lews therin didn't drill the bore

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Latra Posae Decumae did nothing wrong, change my mind

(If they had helped all of Saidar as well would have been tainted)

this is the truth, using both saidar and saidin would have still been an imperfect seal and only allowed the dark one to taint both saidar and saidin. you need the true power involved as well, which rand had via his link to moridin

it was a literal unwinnable situation, the only alternate plan would have also lead to tainted saidar+saidin, plus a lot of devastation from trying to literally fight the dark one via application of absurd amounts of power

in the end, neither lews therin, nor latra posae did anything wrong imo

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

buffalo all day posted:

he was drilling her every night, that’s why Lanfear got so jealous :grin:

lol

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Zore posted:

At the same time its hard to argue LTT was wrong. They were losing in the WoP and he had intelligence on a limited opportunity where you'd not only be able to seal TDO but 13 of his greatest lieutenants because traditional tactics were failing. The Choedan Kal weren't ready and wouldn't be in time.

And he absolutely managed to end the war. Shame about everything that happened after but I'm not sure 'wait for an amazing super weapon to finish and do basically the same plan except we don't get the Forsaken' would have worked much better.

it was basically the kobayashi maru, only you can't just hack the dark one so you win

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

You don’t hack the dark one. You have a pleasant fireside conversation with it. Who could have ever thought to do that?

exactly, poor communication just gets people killed and leads to bad times. something the series goes to great lengths to show

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

th3t00t posted:

I thought it was implied that the Dark One was able to taint Saidin because the women didn't help? Not that they could have sealed him forever with the women helping?

Like the men were vulnerable to the counterstroke of the dark one because only Saidin was used. Edit: If Saidar had also been used it would have repelled the taint

no, its the true power that serves as an insulator, preventing the counterstroke.

saidar+saidin allows for the perfect seal. you need all three for a flawless victory.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i just pulled out my copy of a memory of light. chapter 47, at the end, the glove of the true power prevents the dark one from tainting saidin again. that's definitely part of the role it plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

judkins must know the crime he has committed, depriving the masses of the taint