Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

bloom posted:

There's also the aiel sauna tents which are supposedly co-ed but only seem to include women.

There were a few times when Eqwene was training with the wise ones and they were trying to get her married off where dudes would just stroll on into the sweat tents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
I think Mat and Perrin also catch Rand being a very naughty Two Rivers lad a few times in stunning Ta'veren'o'vision. It'll all just come down to if the production wants naked dudes or not.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
The a'dam creates a circle, and you can't join another circle if you are already in one. Can you use an established circle to keep from getting a'damed?

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

seaborgium posted:

You could, yeah. You'd have to constantly be in a circle though.

Plus, while it's harder to shield people in a circle, if you can single someone out and shield them would they drop out? I don't think that ever came up, as once the person you're trying to leash forms a circle you've got bigger problems and they're not going to drop it until they're safe from being leashed or they drop from exhaustion.

I would tactic it out as a circle of 13 sisters taking shifts. You can keep someone in the circle, even while sleeping I think, so just pass the lead when someone needed to sleep. But if you are fighting Seanchan, definitely go against them in circles, for multiple reasons.

As far as the separating someone, what happened to the sisters at Dumai's Well's? When Rand finally breaks free of the shield they had on him, where the sisters linked? He stilled a few of them. Did they all sort of drop the circle at once cause of the surprise?

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Spek posted:

The sisters were gradually tying off their portion of the shield and going to help with the fighting. Rand was then able to break the portion of the shield that had been tied off bit by bit until only, I think, 3 remained. Breaking through that shield caused them to lose their grip on Saidar and severed a couple of them.

The tying off portions of the shield kind of implies they weren't linked but I have no idea why they wouldn't be, it would certainly make more sense for them to be. I have a very vague, quite possible wrong, memory of someone talking about it being a tradition that they don't link when shielding someone like that but I don't remember where that might've happened.

Man, you're right. Totally forgot that they were leaving. They should have been linked since that was Tower tradition when moving a man who could channel, but that was a very different situation.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
I thought the show was a solid mediocre. My biggest complaint was they had to give everyone these tragic back stories and when they finally get to the one character who has a legitimately tragic backstory and its a big part of his whole arc, they just kinda breeze past it.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
Malazan is an interesting series, though I'm not sure I'd call it good. It's really long and it takes a second or third reading to really start to make sense of things. But, if you like long fantasy series its a good recommendation.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
Think of it like those pictures of a person's face, but all the pixels are someone else, or just random things. The Age Lace is one of those pictures and you can go and change the pixel images quite a lot and still get the desired effect.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

pik_d posted:

This is honestly almost exactly how I imagined Sheriam looking

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1639274665611853826

But she's not actually a Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Gnoman posted:

He's clueless in large part because he can smell emotions. He's picking up on all the poo poo people try not to show, with no ability to tell that somebody's stamping on a given emotion. Faile's jealousy is a big part of this - she tries not to show it, he picks up on it anyway, so he tries confronting it. Which only reinforces her "i need to be jealous" instincts. Because normally when a guy is explaining over and over again how faithful he is without any accusations, it is a sign that he isn't.

And this would have worked a lot better from her POV instead of his. I really liked the parts of the books when the POV is some side character looking at the main character from the outside cause it builds things better. When you're riding in a character's head all the time, the world view feels narrower to me.