Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah, letting Jordan's crude drafts go through without an editing process isn't necessarily a good thing.

Personally I strongly dislike Sanderson's young adults-style voice. Not that Jordan's writing is some high literature but I struggle to understand people who say they don't notice the difference in the Sanderson books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Not familiar with either of them as actors but the looks are a great fit

E: referring to Siuan and Min but Liandrin fits too

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Saidin - ff7 battle win fanfare
Saidar - price is right fail horn
True power - fart sounds

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Sanderson has Moridin’s servants experimenting to see which crops will grow in the blight in TGS.

Why would Moridin of all people have his servants doing that, considering his main goal?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

He's not going to just tell his servants' servants to stop growing crops, that would look suspicious to the people who aren't in on his oblivion plan.

I was thinking that he doesn't quite seem like the sort to micromanage the low level people, but then again he is the forsaken who's been running darkfriends for thousands of years so maybe my impression is wrong.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Alviarin totally should have been a new forsaken along with Taim

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
All the fictional characters come in and beat the poo poo out of Gawyn

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Gandalf is Moiraine though

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
That elf dick post but it's about ogier.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

jng2058 posted:

I rather appreciate that of all the major characters, including numerous main female ones, the only one who can be reasonably called "pretty but dumb" is Gawyn.

Elayne though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Why wouldn't legends have a beginning? I don't get it.