Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Yeah that'll be a great three episodes. No reason for it to last three seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I always pictured loial as having fur all over. Is that incorrect? I may have just been way off. I missed a lot of the diversity of the races too if I'm being honest, until later in the books. Just because it wasn't focused on as much.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
There are definitely some weird and inconsistent pronunciations during the audiobooks. I would love if they'd go back and fix some of it. But they probably never will re-record the books because of the length and expense.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I always assumed it was a soft confirmation that olver was gaidol and that they'd later fall in love and do adventures and everything after the last book.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Isn't it said that gaidol is always younger than Birgitte. And it ended up that way even though it seemed weird to Birgitte when she was in the dream. Almost like it was willed by the wheel to work that way.

At least that's how I read it.

Edit: I thought we met him when he was young a bit after she said he was spun out. So it doesn't quite line up but I thought it was the dream time shenanigans. And gaidol always seems to be a shadow early in the books and so maybe he's not fully in the dream.

Artonos fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 20, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Ahhhh you're right. I've only read through once and am not quite as sharp on some of the details. But that kind of does explain why it lines up with my interpretation that it isn't spelled out completely but olver is still gaidol. Just not spelled out to the characters that we follow.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I started re-reading eye of the world again. This is only my 2nd time through the series. It's funny how it's repeated twice by Moirane that things aren't magical. And then Mat immediately grabs a magical dagger in Shadar Logoth. It's also really apparent how Jordan didn't quite have how weaves worked down yet, but it's still a very entertaining and awe inspiring magic system as seen by the farm folk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
There's so much money poured into this series and a second season ordered already. It would have to be a pretty big flop for them not to keep it going it feels like to me. Amazon is really trying for a hit with this series and it'd be embarrassing for any vp to admit fault and cancel the series.