Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
So I am way behind on this thread, but I am also rereading the books, and I saw a few things come up.

Nynaeve does use her ability to sense those she healed at least once more, she can tell Perrin is in the whitecloak camp in book 1.

Also I think the disjointed narrative of Mat and Rand's escape from whitebridge is intentional. The effect is supposed to represent how confused and tired they are, they even mention they feel like time isn't working right. Anyone who has been up a couple days doing physical or mental labour can probably relate. It happened a few times to me in the army. Whether or not it was effective is another matter, but I was definitely like "ohhhhhhhhh" when scarf farmer introduces himself at the end of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also I am finding it funny how Rand thinks Perrin has some great mysterious skill with the ladies.

However in reality Perrin just seems to treat them as normal people instead of these mysterious objects.

Maybe it is just because Rand grew up alone with his dad.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

ulmont posted:

Don't each of [Rand, Mat, Perrin] each think [the other two] have great mysterious skill with the ladies to the point of running joke?

I went back and reread the Perrin viewpoint chapter and you're right.

I think it's just because we get more randcam that I didn't notice.