Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:siren: SUBMISSIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED, RESULTS AT THIS LINK :siren:

12 years ago (!) I made a thread in which Rowdy Ringsports (then called Wrestlehut 2000) chose their top ten favorite wrestlers of all time. I thought it might be fun to do a similar thread again, but as we are on the cusp of what looks like it could be another wrestling war I thought this time we'd stick with active wrestlers. While it would be neat to see how a current all-time Top Ten compared to 12 years ago, I think there is more value in seeing how the forum as a whole considers the current wrestling scene ahead of an explosion of wrestling content on television.

So I figured, why not take the opportunity to have everybody write up a top ten list of their current favorites, assign points for places and then find out who we as a forum truly loves the most.

So here is how it is going to work - think about all the wrestlers currently working in major promotions, the indies, in Japan and Britain and Australia and anywhere else in the world. Write up who you are your current favorites, rank them from one to ten and then post them here in the thread. Feel free to go into as much or as little detail as you want as to why you've chosen who you've chosen, or to argue the case for any one (or more) particular wrestler you want to.

I'll accept lists posted up till midnight EST on the 30th of September, just ahead of the debut of AEW's television show. Points will be assigned to each of the selected wrestlers and we'll see how each wrestler ranks - who the forum's overall favorite is and how other wrestlers rank beside them. Points will work based on individual rankings, with 10 points for a 1st place rank and 1 point for a 10th place rank. So for example:

Poster A posted:

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Adam Cole
4. Chris Jericho
5. BRAUN!
6. PCO
7. Cody
8. Becky Lynch
9. Toru Yano
10. Momo Watanabe

Poster B posted:

1. PCO
2. Chris Jericho
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Momo Watanabe
5. Kauchika Okada
6. Becky Lynch
7. Adam Cole
8. BRAUN!
9. Toru Yano
10. Cody

Would result in:

Daniel Bryan = 18
Chris Jericho = 16
Kazuchika Okada = 15
PCO = 15
Adam Cole = 12
BRAUN! = 9
Becky Lynch = 8
Momo Watanabe = 8
Cody = 5
Toru Yano = 4

Since for the sake of my sanity I'll be doing a running tally of points, all votes as made are final - so no editing your post after the fact or posting 27 posts later,"Change my vote for Kagetsu to a vote for Yuka Sakazaki!" - think VERY CAREFULLY before making your selection! Also, please consider:

- You can enter a tag team on your list if you want, but I'll count them as two entries in alphabetical order which may drop others off your list.
- If you don't rank your list, I'll assume whoever is at the top is #1 and whoever is at the bottom is at #10.
- You must choose an ACTIVE wrestler. That means they have had at least one match in the last year AND they have not retired. So for example, Jushin Liger would still be considered active but at the moment Hiromu Takahashi is not.
- In the event that a wrestlers' points total equals that of another, they'll be listed in alphabetical order.
- Do NOT denigrate the choices of anybody else, these lists are subjective and will provide a generalized consensus but not a definitive one.
- You can note any honorable mentions as well, if you are really struggling to remove people from your top choices. They won't count for points, but if you truly feel deep within your heart that Big Daddy Yum Yum needs some kind of recognition, he'll get it from your post.

And now, to kick things off - my "top ten"

1. Kazuchika Okada - I'm only half joking when I call Okada a living God. He's essentially perfect. He's got the look, the talent, the charisma, the poise, the sense of timing and body language etc to be the top star and carry a promotion and he's only 31. At such a young age you'd be forgiven for fearing early burnout or an inability to sustain, but Okada has already been carrying New Japan as its top star for over half a decade! He is essentially flawless, as close to the ideal professional wrestler as it is possible to get.
2. Daniel Bryan - We thought his career was over, but he came back and the world rejoiced... and he promptly got stuck in a feud with Big Cass. But Daniel Bryan is the master of figuring out how to spin gold from straw, and he did the seemingly impossible when he successfully managed to turn heel and become a deranged eco-warrior rubbing everybody's nose in the fact he was better than them. Every week he is a highlight of WWE shows no matter how little he might appear, helped in part by the fact he knows WWE fears his departure more than they desire bringing him into line.
3. Chris Jericho - The master of reinvention, every single time Jericho seems like he might be getting a little past it or his gimmicks might be wearing thin, he manages to relight the fire and once again firmly entrench himself into high profile positions, not just in WWE but in New Japan and now AEW as he has become their first ever Champion and turned the theft (or loss) of his belt into a wildly entertaining saga generating merch sales, mainstream interest and the delight of fans.
4. Tomohiro Ishii - This fire hydrant of a man consistently has the best and most exciting matches no matter who is opponents are. His sense of timing is exquisite, he always knows just when to sell (and more importantly, when NOT to) and just when you think you've figured out the basic structure of his matches he makes you realize that he's tricked you into biting on every single false finish he delivers.
5. Minoru Suzuki - He's over 50 years old but he moves with the speed of a 30-year-old, it's insane. An angry, hateful character but apparently a tremendous human being, Suzuki continually surprises with the quality of his matches and his wonderful character work as the man with the worst personality in the world. Plus he has one of the best theme songs of all time.
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi - GO ACE!
7. Jon Moxley - I liked him as Dean Ambrose, but I absolutely LOVE him as Jon Moxley. Since his departure from WWE, Moxley has lit up the wrestling world with his revitalized character, great matches, hilarious but also serious promos, and the wonderful, seemingly spur-of-the-moment decision to kidnap/mentor up and coming young Japanese wrestler Shota Umino. His feud with Kenny Omega, his stalking of Juice Robinson, his breakdown after his defeat by Toru Yano etc. He has been one of the best things about wrestling in 2019.
8. Kota Ibushi - As stupid as he is beautiful (and he is very beautiful), Ibushi is a prodigy who seemingly could only exist and thrive in a bizarre industry like professional wrestling. A genius of wrestling, a master at evoking emotional responses, and his ability to produce spectacular match after spectacular match is only matched by a troubling lack of regard for his own well-being.
9. Juice Robinson - Living proof that WWE's development system is lacking something, Juice went from the utterly unremarkable CJ Parker in NXT to the beloved midcard (and sometimes higher) sensation Juice Robinson in New Japan. He has developed a character, improved as a wrestler, become an incredible promo and dived headfirst into Japanese culture to show his appreciation for the belief they showed in him. Juice rules.
10. Samoa Joe - After years slumming it as a big fish in the small pond of TNA/Impact, Joe came to NXT and then finally the WWE main roster. There he has shown a remarkable ability to take even the shittiest angle or stupidest pre-written promo and make it believable or entertaining. He's so good at retaining his badass aura that he's eaten loss after loss after loss in close to every feud he has been in and.... it doesn't matter, he still comes across like a giant badass. It's almost unbelievable, but here he is, doing it!

The long and short of it:

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Chris Jericho
4. Tomohiro Ishii
5. Minoru Suzuki
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi
7. Jon Moxley
8. Kota Ibushi
9. Juice Robinson
10. Samoa Joe

So that's my top ten as at this present time. I'm sure it will change over time, but for now it is a relatively accurate representation of who I generally enjoy the most. As you can see, I have a heavy New Japan bias with a bit of WWE and AEW sneaking in. There were more wrestlers who I considered of course - such as Toru Yano, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Adam Cole, AJ Styles, Becky Lynch etc, but I'm sure all of them (and more) will see consideration when you post your lists. I'll be very interested to see who comes out on top.

Edit: ADDITIONAL FUN!

El Generico repurposed a game comparison script and grabbed the top 128 wrestlers listed to date (20 September) so you can run through and see if selecting a series of match-offs ends up ranking a list close to your original.

El Generico posted:

Alright, here's the Adversarial/Tournament System for Determining your Favourite Wrestlers script: https://serene-noyce-4b38c8.netlify.com

If you do this and post your results, make it clear that it's not your official answer to the poll, so Jerusalem doesn't accidentally count you double. I meant for mine to be my real answer to the poll, I think it's accurate to my real feelings, but you obviously don't have to.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Oct 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Final Rankings:

#63 - #51
#50 - #41
#40 - #31
#30 - #21
#20 - #15
#14 - #11
#10 - #6

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 3, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Some statistics/lists/minor analysis here and here

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 13, 2019

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I'd love go to into detail like you J-ru but frankly i'm lazy so here's mine:

1) Okada
2) Jericho
3) Daniel Bryan
4) PAC
5) Will Ospreay
6) Kenny Omega
7) AJ Styles
8) KENTA
9) Samoa Joe
10) Kofi Kingston

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So first things first is the list:

1. Chuck Taylor
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Zack Sabre Jr
4. Knife Pervert
5. Minoru Suzuki
6. Maki Itoh
7. Chris Brookes
8. Nick Gage
9. Cody Rhodes
10. Timothy Thatcher

Now for the breakdown:

I am obvious the biggest Chuck Taylor mark, but he is really good and my favorite. Okada, ZSJ, and the Knife Pervert are I feel obvious as they are probably the greatest wrestler alive today, and then my two favorite white boy heels in New Japan. Minoru Suzuki is a living legend with the greatest theme song of all time. Maki Itoh and Chris Brookes I feel bad about because I don't really watch much of their matches because I'm bad at watching wrestling, but their twitter games are so strong that I have become a huge fan of each of them. Nick Gage is an experience and if I hadn't seen him live I wouldn't rate him at all. Five Star Cody is fantastic and has managed to completely flip the script and be a really top level talent working matches that haven't really had a stage in recent memory. Tim Thatcher is weird, because any list of wrestling favorites no matter the size I will always name him as last (my top five would be Taylor, ZSJ, Knife Pervert, Suzuki, and Tim Thatcher).

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 6, 2019

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1. Toru Yano
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Will Ospreay
4. Cody
5. If we knew his status for sure that he is again an active wrestler, this spot would have gone to Katsuyori Shibata, bumping everyone else down one. Instead, Kenny Omega
6. Walter
7. Barbario Cavernareo
8. Hirooki Goto
9. Pentagon Jr.
10. Johnny Gargano

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Sep 6, 2019

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
1.Maki Itoh
2.Luchasaurus
3.Daniel Bryan
4.Shingo Takagi
5.Kota Ibushi
6.Shota Umino
7. Jon Moxley
8.Lance Archer
9.Cody
10. Minoru Suzuki

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

This is a really good thread! I am going to read every single post to try to tap into the zeitgeist. Until then, here are my top 10.

1. Chris Jericho
I've been following his career and life since I was a teen, and he's almost never disappointed me. Considering how many of my all-time favorites have died or retired early, and Dr. J is still here is a testament to his incredible ability to adapt.

2. Zack Sabre Jr.
I'll admit, I wasn't too into him for most of his career. Once he joined Suzuki Gun and leaned into being a massive dickhead, I was completely on board. He's probably the best technical wrestler ever, and letting that ego shine while putting a little hurt on has totally won me over.

3. El Phantasmo
This is partially because he's from Vancouver, partially because he doesn't seem capable of having bad matches, and largely because he flips off babies.

4. Maki Itoh
Outside of her amazing twitter game, I get a pure sense of joy from watching her grow from getting beaten up on the regular and then getting angry about it. I think Maki and Hiromu are perfect examples on how you can connect with an audience that doesn't speak your language.

5. Orange Cassidy
His gimmick is pretty high level for pro wrestling, but despite that he has an amazing ability to connect with his audience, and anyone who can do a billion high spots while their hands are in their pants has to be god-tier on wrestling skills.

6. Brody King
Woke Flippy Giant. What's not to love?

7. Miyu Yamashita
The Tanahashi of Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. I love watching her effortlessly wreck fools, even though there's a few moments here and there were you can see she can't really cover up botches. And I seriously need an MP3 of here theme music.

8. Xavier Woods
I'm not totally ranking him on his wrestling ability alone. He's not bad, but why I love him is more because of his gaming channels and his talent for yelling the most entertaining things during matches. I still think about him talking up Big E's tricep meat.

9. Tony Baroni
Local big fish in a small pond! I'm somewhat proud that BC has had ECCW as a local promotion for god knows how long, and I have an inherent love for sleazy jerks. Enter the man who calls himself Uncle Daddy. His entire gimmick is being an amoral scumbag. As an example, he had a feud with Cat Power for the ECCW women's championship. He goaded Power into this by going full-on misogynist. Later on, with one of the strippers he had accompany him to the ring, he admitted he's a feminist and was just being a dick to get Cat to put up her belt. A more recent promo example (He's the bald guy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omhwTh0tC4U

10. Kenny Omega
Much like Orange Cassidy, I see him as more of a post-modern wrestler. He's considered the best on the planet by many because of what art he can do in his chosen landscape. I don't feel the same kind of childlike joy with Omega as I do everyone else on the list, but I always get emotionally invested when he wrestles.

ALTERNATE NUMBER 3 IF HIS VERTEBRAE LET HIM FIGHT IN SEPTEMBER
3. Hiromu Takahashi
I'm including him on the active list because I still have hope. It's amazing how someone without a ton of English skills is able to connect with pretty much the entire western world. He's a priceless treasure and I only hope he treats his spinal cord with the same reverence that I give to him.

Mr. Swoon fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 6, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Swoon posted:

3. Hiromu Takahashi
I'm including him on the active list because I still have hope. It's amazing how someone without a ton of English skills is able to connect with pretty much the entire western world. He's a priceless treasure and I only hope he treats his spinal cord with the same reverence that I give to him.

Unless he makes a return before the end of September (:pray:) I won't count him, so I'd be simply shunting everybody else on your list up and giving them the appropriate points. Would you like to add an "11th" spot I can count as your 10th or just leave it as is and hope for some beautiful shock to prove your faith right? Either way is fine. :)

Mr. Swoon posted:

and Dr. J is still here is a testament to his incredible ability to adapt.

Just the fact people have started using "Dr. J" is another example of just how incredible he is at getting stuff over, it's amazing :allears:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm carefully thinking my list out, since and since it's active competitors I'm having a hard time deciding who's had the best careers from start to today that I want to include

But seeing Maki Itoh show up so many times is making me smile. gently caress. She isn't the best wrestler but she's the cutest.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

RealFoxy posted:

I'm carefully thinking my list out, since and since it's active competitors I'm having a hard time deciding who's had the best careers from start to today that I want to include

But seeing Maki Itoh show up so many times is making me smile. gently caress. She isn't the best wrestler but she's the cutest.

She alone convinced me to start watching ddt and tjpw and I am very glad.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Jerusalem posted:

Unless he makes a return before the end of September (:pray:) I won't count him, so I'd be simply shunting everybody else on your list up and giving them the appropriate points. Would you like to add an "11th" spot I can count as your 10th or just leave it as is and hope for some beautiful shock to prove your faith right? Either way is fine. :)

I want your thread to have a good time within its confines, so I've adjusted my list accordingly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Swoon posted:

I want your thread to have a good time within its confines, so I've adjusted my list accordingly.

Thanks buddy, and I too hold out hope for Hiromu, who would be high on my list if he was active for sure :)

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

1. Daniel Bryan

The only reason I even came back or give a poo poo about wrestling after lapsing in 2004 is this guy. He gets his moves over as extremely violent and has the charisma to make you love or hate it. I hate that he works for a completely vile company I can't morally watch but it doesn't make me love what he does any less.

2. Jon Moxley

Moxley makes me feel like I used to watching Steve Austin kick rear end. I'm not saying they're the same at all, they just spark the same feeling that poo poo is about to get real.

3. Chris Jericho

I mean, come on.

4. Pentagon Jr.

Pentagon Jr is so drat cool it hurts.

5. Cody

I've always liked Cody, even as Stardust and it feels good to see him out there proving he was worth more than WWE thought he was.

6. PAC

PAC is the poo poo.

7. Chad Gable

I'm always a sucker for shooters and it's killing me to watch a guy that stretch most of the WWE locker room be mocked for his size as a story that's supposed to get him over or some poo poo. I feel like Gable could be a top guy anywhere else if he had the chance.

8. Big E

Big E should be world champion.

9. Nyla Rose

Nyla has really won me over. She's green but obviously works very hard along with working a power style and keeping her opponent safe. She's gonna go somewhere and I'm excited to see how it goes.

10. Aleister Black

Seems like a pretty stand up guy and can seriously go. I feel like he's another talent that just won't ever shine under the WWE umbrella in spite of having a whole lot going for him.

Honorable Mentions

Looking at this list I realize I gravitate towards cruiserweights and people with sick looking offensive moves.

Not but a year ago I probably would have had Finn Balor and Shinsuke Nakamura on this list but it's hard to justify considering how they're just flat out not on tv or stuck doing pointless bullshit since creative has nothing for them.

Katsuyori Shibata would have maybe topped the list before his injury and seeing him get hurt like he did was heartbreaking.

Brock Lesnar he still has that legit aura you can't manufacture with pro wrestling alone and the ability to put on great matches when the booking says his opponent is even close to equal. It's easier to forget though when he's doing silly poo poo like dancing with a briefcase or getting squashed with nut kicks or by Goldberg.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

1. Will Ospreay
2. Okada
3. Suzuki
4. El Phantasmo
5. Daniel Bryan
6. Adam Cole
7. Tanahashi
8. Chris Jericho
9. Sha Samuels
10. Chris Brookes

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Not gonna vote, just want to say thanks J-ru for doing this

This is a good thread idea and can give people who don't watch everything ideas for wrestlers to look out for

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
How are we handling tag teams/trios? Just listing them separately?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My list is super New Japan centric because they have kept my love of wrestling alive after years of WWE abuse and the death of the indies.

1) Taichi loving rules and I love every second he is onscreen, be it his babyface fire or the other 95% of his day where he refuses to give a gently caress. Plus he has the devotion of the lovely Miho Abe, which gives him +5000 points
2) Jay White give me hope that heels can still be heels in this day and age. What an absolute shithead, I love him so much
3) Minoru Suzuki scares me, and his dropkick looks so goddamn brutal I consistently prefer it over Okada's
4) PAC was the first guy I ever saw do a double rotation moonsault, was my favorite member of W1 when I was following Dragon Gate in 12-14, and has been phenominal after escaping America as a right Bastard
5) Hiroshi Tanahashi will forever be my Ace, even now when he's half a man he still brings the magic and reminds me of KOPW 2012, and why I fell in love with New Japan
6) Daniel Bryan had my favorite singles match for a long time (vs Nigel at ROH Unified) and his leadup to WM 30 was my favorite thing WWE did for a long time. I haven't seen any matches of his since he came back but whatever promos i've seen on youtube have been solid, and that's enough to keep my past goodwill
7) Big Tomohiro Ishii does not have bad matches, and for a little man he has a monster brainbuster
8) Chase Owens in not a world beater, but he is a solid wrestler and seems genuinely happy in the role he's in. He reminds me of a simpler time. Before World, when all we had Ustream and Gracies and Yum Yum and Bruce Tharpe-desu. Chase Owens survived that shitshow and he still consistenly entertains me
9) Yujiro Takahashi is neither the best Yujiro (Kushida) nor the best Takahashi (Hiromu), but he is living his best life with the Tokyo Latina, and I can't fault him for that. Dude seems happy all the time and that really resonates with me
10) YOSHI-HASHI. No matter how much I poo poo talk him, I still end up invested in whatever YH has going on. It might just be a symptom of Yoshi-Hashi girl, but more than anyone on this list, he makes me believe in him. He's not my favorite wrestler, but he is so fascinating to me as a character that is well aware that he is way out of his depth, but he gets up every morning and tries his hardest because he knows there are people out there that support him. Keep going buddy :unsmith:

Honorable mentions
Hiromu and Shibata are not active for now
Shinsuke and Chris Hero were my favourites for a number of years, and then they left my radar so i dont feel right ranking them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

Jerusalem posted:

- You can enter a tag team on your list if you want, but I'll count them as two entries in alphabetical order which may drop others off your list.

Last time I did this I didn't consider people would put in tag teams, and when they did I listed them as a unit which was a mistake, as it diluted the potential voting amounts for particular wrestlers. This time around if somebody listed The Lucha Brothers as their #1 pick for instance, I'd count Fenix as their Number 1, Pentagon as their #2 and whoever their #10 was would drop off the list. It's the fairest way I can think to do it.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Punch McLightning posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Hope this helps

E: Curse you Jerusalem, I was trying to help and you made me look like a slow loser

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This is a rad thread and also unbelievably hard thing to do. I know instantly who my number 1, but Hiromu Takahashi isn't eligible. But He's still number 1 in my heart so know that. I managed to get to a shortlist of 26, which was already really quite hard to do. 10 of them were 10 New Japan guys, 7 Dragon Gate, 3 WWE, 3 CMLL, 1 NOAH, 1 US indy, 1 AEW, 1 AJPW so mainly an accurate summary of my viewing habits (except the 3 WWE guys, but then they are getting the nod for 2000s indy work mainly, so it is in fact still an accurate summary of my viewing habits).

1. Tomohiro Ishii
He's a big loving tank who runs into you repeatedly. There's very little fancy about Ishii but also he has consistently been one of the best wrestlers in the world for years (he's been in the WON Most Outstanding Wrestler top 10 every year since 2013). If he's wrestling you know he's going to batter gently caress out of some poor lad and it's going to be incredible.

2. Zack Sabre Jr
He's my socialist octopus boy. He likes stretching people and from each according to his ability to each according to his needs and post-rock. But he's no super man, I love the way he is so arrogant that he always wants to get into a slugfest but because he's a lanky lad he's got a glass chin. It's like someone created a wrestler and put so many points into submissions that he had to take them out of his head defence.

3. Minoru Suzuki
I'm a Suzukigun guy. I want one of their towels to hang on my wall, because that'll definitely impress the ladies. He's not particularly big (I'm sure he could make 205 Live) but he is exceedingly mean. Screw Okada, this guy has my favourite dropkick in wrestling, it looks like you could actually use it in a fight it's so stiff. His theme is amazing, the aura around him is just terrifying, he's your favourite murder grandad and if you don't sing along to his entrance song he's going to eat your liver.

4. Shingo Takagi
I've always loved Shingo, going back to first seeing him when he was on excursion in ROH, just this chunky looking dude with a mullet who lariats guys outta their boots. Still remember seeing him (on DVD rather than live) winning the ROH Tag titles with Naruki Doi in Liverpool, it was great. Wasn't able to follow DG much back then, so really I got back on the Shingo train in 2018 when I started to really get back into wrestling thanks to New Japan. He was in that years All Japan Champion Carnival where he had maybe the match of the tournament with Shuji Ishikawa, as well as a couple great matches with Yuji Hino & Kento Miyahara. But later that year he leaves DG to go to New Japan & that's why he's in this list. So loving good. An amazing BOSJ, an amazing G1, he's probably had one of the 2 or 3 best 2019s.

5. Will Ospreay
He's a moron. He's a bad tweeter. Brexit Billy is also an amazing wrestler who has just gotten so much better this year. Like Takagi, Ospreay has been an absolute phenomenon in both the G1 & BOSJ. And also in New Japan Cup. And probably in the Super J-Cup I've not seen yet. He's unbelievable really. I hope he gets a proper break soon.

6. PAC
3rd Brit on this list, but first not based in New Japan. I never really understood how this geezer from Newcastle ended up the premier flyer in wrestling but he was for the late '00s, especially his stuff in PWG & Dragon Gate. Then he ended up in WWE where he was great in NXT but he was always limited by the house style. But he took the chance to develop his character work and despite losing a couple years of his prime I'm glad for it. PAC single handedly got me back into Dragon Gate. His return after a year frozen out by the WWE as the special new member of R.E.D. was excellently booked surprise, and he and Eita beat BxB Hulk & Shingo Takagi. And then he beat Masato Yoshino on the Fantastic Gate tour to become the Dream Gate champ. It was rad. All 4 of his defences were must watch wrestling matches, Kzy, Shun Skywalker, Dragon Kid, Ben-K. I'd say the best is the Kzy match personally. Dragon Gate business went up, interest in the west increased, and there's a legit case for PAC as WON Wrestler of the Year for his combo of in-ring work & impact on their business. Oh yeah, and the Kenny match at All Out was pretty good too. Still, hope he's not done with DG.

7. Daniel Bryan
The reason he's not higher on the list is because he wrestles in the WWE and I don't watch the WWE. Which says something about how highly I regard this guy that he's still on the list in that circumstance. What can you say? He was amazing almost from his first day, his early work in places like ROH were amazing, then he'd go to England or Japan for a while & come back even better. 2005/06 ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson is probably my all time favourite championship run. Outstanding matches, brilliant character, and it all culminated in the amazingly hot match with Homicide at Final Battle 2006 where he finally lost. Then after that run there's wars with Morishima, with McGuinness, with KENTA, a great GHC Jr Heavyweight title match with Nakajima. He puts Zack Sabre Jr on the map in 2008 with a great match on a random indy show in Coventry. Amazing stuff in PWG & Dragon Gate USA & WXW. His run on the original NXT is captivating and setup a career long rivalry with The Mix (& his match with Jericho is still a really fun TV match). His character work came on leaps and bounds here, and obviously he proved that despite being a small guy by WWE standards he got over. He was the biggest star in the company. His retirement was incredibly emotional with hardly a dry eye in the house. His return was a moment of joy & excitement, especially the prospect of his contract expiring. Instead of seeing him in New Japan we got a feud with Cass but hey, can't have it all. Still amazing.

8. Masaaki Mochizuki
Possibly the least known guy on my list, he's been wrestling since 1994, starting in Tenryu's WAR promotion. He ended up attached to Toryumon Japan when that launched in '99 & 20 years on he is still a regular for Dragon Gate at 49 years. He's barely wrestled in the US, couple of ROH appearances, one for Chikara, some DG USA dates, but that doesn't change that Mochizuki is awesome. Right now he's been having a great run in NOAH's N1 Victory tournament, last year he took the rookie Shun Skywalker with him to All Japan's Junior Tag Battle of Glory and helped raise Shun's profile enomorously. In Dragon Gate he's at the head of Mochizuki Dojo, a group of younger wrestlers looking to him for tutelage, including a tag team with Keisuke Okuda which has been great to watch, because what's better than one kicky guy? Two kicky guys kicking together!

9. Katsuhiko Nakajima
Dude is 31 and has been wrestling for 15 years. At an extremely high level for almost all of that, first as a Junior and then as a Heavyweight. He's the protege of Kensuke Sasaki and is almost like an adopted son to him and Akira Hokuto. He's a great wrestler and a tremendous smug dickhead.

10. SANADA
He's beautiful and awesome. It'd be wrong to say too much about SANADA when he is a silent man himself.

Honourable mentions of course to Hiromu who is my real #1, Cesaro who I loved all the way back to his early ROH & Chikara days (Kings of Wrestling will forever be my favourite tag team), Naruki Doi (one of the best tag wrestlers of this era), Dragon Lee, SHO, Sami Zayn, El Desperado, Kzy, Barbaro Cavernario, & Susumu Yokosuka. Oh yeah, & Kazuchika Okada, he's quite good too, but I only really fell in love with him when Weird Kazu came out to play last year.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

1. Ishii
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Okada
4. SANADA
5. ZSJ
6. Velveteen dream
7. Taguchi
8. Samoa Joe
9. Kevin Owens
10. Orange Cassidy

Honorable mentions
Tanahashi
Big E
Suzuki
Bayley
Rusev
Jericho

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

SG Bamboo posted:

Hope this helps

E: Curse you Jerusalem, I was trying to help and you made me look like a slow loser

Better than look like someone who can’t read!

Thanks to both of you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

This is a rad thread and also unbelievably hard thing to do.

It killed me to not include Pentagon on my list, I think I wrote up something like 16 potential people to put into my top ten and culling some of them was really drat tough.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I had kind of a different problem, because I love most wrestling and wrestlers when I see them, any time I try and collate a list of wrestlers I always get stuck because most wrestlers have some sort of appeal but pulling names out of the general "is cool or good or both" to name exceptional examples I find myself having to stretch to pull names, but if asked how any given wrestler is, I'll have a semi-nuanced read of the work I have witnessed and an opinion.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

It killed me to not include Pentagon on my list, I think I wrote up something like 16 potential people to put into my top ten and culling some of them was really drat tough.

I found a lot of the list was kind of obvious, at least as to who would be on it if not their order (ask me tomorrow and I might have Ospreay 3rd for example), but the last 2 positions were really kind of hard and had about 20 names for them. I really love Despy. He's such a great junior with lots of character but he only really gets to show his stuff once a year, during the BOSJ, and he missed that this year. Rest of the time he's stuck in the forgotten Jr Tag division, and I really love his team with Kanemaru. Samoa Joe is an all time favourite like Danielson but he had a lot of lost years in TNA after they stopped letting him work with ROH in 2007. But between 2007 & starting in NXT in 2015 he managed 6 matches Meltzer rated **** or over, and the last of those was November 2009. That's 6 lost years. The fact I still have a soft spot for the Great Balls of Fire match vs Brock (& then the Summerslam 2017 4-way is maybe the best main roster WWE match I've seen in at least 5 years) isn't enough to forget all that time where Samoa Joe was just turned into another guy TNA pissed away. Kento Miyahara is one of the best big match wrestlers in the world today.

There's even loads of guys who I've since thought of that could be on the shortlist.

I'm trying to imagine doing a "top 10 all time" and honestly? It might melt my brain.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1. Naito
2. Maki Itoh
3. ZSJ
4. Minoru Suzuki
5. Orange Cassidy
6. Pentagon Jr
7. Joey Janela
8. Darby Allin
9. Josh Briggs
10. Solo Darling - Solo Darling stepping on a man's balls to climb a ladder and win a championship at Americanrana is the only time my girlfriend has ever popped for wrestling.

I'm going less for people who I think are the best in the world and more people I've made a connection to or personally pop big for. Like, Briggs is a mid-card indie dude but I'm incredibly happy everytime I see him.

Edit: updating because Hiromu doesn't count. Come back soon Hiromu-chan.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 6, 2019

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

edit:just saw that hiromu isn't being counted (i'd be shocked if return isn't at kopw in october) so added an 11th

1. hiroshi tanahashi
2. tetsuya naito - genuinely surprised i'm the first to name him
3. hiromu takahashi - incredibly relieved to hear he's finally been cleared
4. kento miyahara
5. shingo takagi - best in ring wrestler in new japan this year and a far better fit in lij than i'd ever have expected
6. masaaki mochizuki - amazing aura, best singles wrestler in his company and despite being 50 doesn't come off as remotely washed at all
7. tomohiro ishii
8. jungle kyona
9. hana kimura
10. kota ibushi
11. chris jericho - unlike mocchy he clearly is washed at 50 but washed in a way he knows to make entertaining. perfect champ for aew rn

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 6, 2019

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

1) Ishii
2) Okada
3) Ibushi
4) Moxley
5) Ospreay
6) Jericho
7) PAC
8) Miyahara
9) Minoru Suzuki
10) Thomas Santell

Honorable mention to SANADA, who I hope continues his G1 form. FWIW I also don't watch any WWE product at the present time. I also haven't watched much DG in forever either, but given the love for Mochizuki (who was always my favorite guy there), maybe that should change.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 6, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1. Tomohiro Ishii
2. PAC
3. SANADA
4. Kota Ibushi
5. Shingo Takagi
6. Fénix
7. Jon Moxley
8. Io Shirai
9. Kazuchika Okada
10. Utami Hayashishita

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Samoa Joe
3. Minoru Suzuki
4. Chris Jericho
5. Pete Dunne
6. Kota Ibushi
7. Jay Briscoe
8. Mark Briscoe
9. Asuka
10. WALTER

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
1. Nick Fuckin Gage
2. Chris Jericho
3. Pentagon Jr
4. Orange Cassidy
5. PAC
6. The Butcher Andy Williams
7. Darby Allin
8. Jon Moxley
9. Matt Tremont
10. Juice Robinson

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design
1. Kazuchika Okada
2. SANADA
3. Minoru Suzuki
4. Shingo Takagi
5. Will Ospreay
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi
7. Kenny Omega
8. Zack Sabre Jr.
9. Kota Ibushi
10. Kenta

It was very difficult to narrow this list down and should Shibata ever get cleared again he'd definitely be top 5. Also feels crazy to me that Daniel Bryan would have easily been #1 a few years ago but it hasn't been the same since he came back post-injury and I just don't watch WWE anymore.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
1)Tomohiro Ishii
What a revelation. Eye popping matches across the board, absolutely what I want in a pro wrestler. He's tough and hard, picking exactly the right pace with when to completely no-sell offense. I think my favorite spot has become someone unloading on Ishii, who keeps screaming at them to hit him harder, and somehow, the person who is actually attacking has found themselves backed into a corner, eyes full of panic.

2)Kazuchika Okada
Then you have the best wrestler alive, I guess.

3)Adam Cole ...Bay Bay...
I love how he's as surprised as anyone after he wins a match, and his timing is absolutely absurd.

4)Pete Dunne
The tattoo sucks, but this guy absolutely is a feral little badger so I feel like I understand what he's going for. Maybe I'm a sadist, but I love how gleefully he goes after an opponent's digits in a fight. And also the limbs. Pete Dunne fights always seem like the other guy gets ground down to absolutely nothing by the time he's done. His two year reign made just about everyone he fought look good, and it wasn't for the lovely developmental not allowed rule, I'd have voted him as champ of the month in, while not all, probably most of those polls.

5)Shingo Takagi
This might be the most high-octane wrestler alive today. The combination of explosive speed and power is unreal, and, like Ishii, I love just his absolute slug-fests he puts on with everyone else. He's had the best two matches this year, so maybe I'm underrating him. (vs Ospreay, vs Ishii)

6)Chris Jericho
Probably the most charismatic wrestler still active. Chris can get anything, and I mean, anything over. He's a medical marvel, working consistently (except when he's on tour) for an unfathomable amount of time. And the key to what makes Jericho so good, perhaps the greatest ever, is he doesn't let himself stand still. Like, Jericho is always, always, always reinventing himself, taking little pieces here, chucking out pieces there..... he doesn't allow himself to grow stale, and that has, in turn, kept him not just active, but extremely relevant for the entirety of his long and storied career.

7)Minoru Suzuki
Ok, maybe I'm a sadist, but I love how much joy he has in just hurting his opponents, the terrifying I have won smile he gets on someone's face when he goes into a choke. Actually, can we talk about that choke for a second? How the loving hell is Suzuki so fast and smooth? Not just for a fifty year old. For anyone. He effortlessly slithers around his opponents and it never stops being impressive.

8)The Velveteen Dream
He goes the extra mile. All the pomp in all his big matches. He fights with the power of the 80s, but what that really means is he's powered by cheese. Him having Hogan's old "YOUUUUUUUU" spot is somehow perfect. The way the character is portrayed, I absolutely believe he can power up this way. He's successfully portrayed himself as having such a huge ego, he needs to have that crowd going to actually win. He's like the Guardian of the Shi'ar empire. Only a wrestler.

9)Jon Moxley
His body language is incredible. Mox consistently puts out a vibe that, more than anything, he just wants to have a mother-fuckin' fight and I am here for that. I love some of his mannerisms and some other folks need to adopt them. A prime example? When he made his debut into AEW, and he did that twisting way of standing up? The incredible menace that projected off of that was amazing. Pay attention, all wrestlers. Not all "moves" are attacks in the ring (Mox is way better in this regard than WWE led me to believe, too. That Regal Knee is gorgeous). Pay attention to Mox, because he's got next level game on moving in general.

10)Zack Sabre Jr
I am definitely a sadist. The absurd and smooth ways this guy goes into all of his moves is just unreal. He's so creative. If you can't appreciate his technical style, I'm not sure we can be friends.

GET WELL SOON: Tommaso Ciampa
I hope to one day have a woman I can look at with the same level of love and joy that Tommaso Ciampa looked at his NXT Championship Belt.
~~~~~

To recap, to be an excellent wrestler, you need the following attributes, in order:
1)Toughness
2)Storytelling
3)Timing
4)A mean streak
5)Another gear
6)Adaptability
7)Sadism
8)Presentation
9)Menace
10)Technique

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

1)Orange Cassidy
I've had more fun watching his matches lately than anyone else's, and watching him evolve from "funny lazy guy/Chuck Taylor's friend" to "genuine Internet sensation" has been really great. He's also becoming one of the best storytellers in wrestling, I think.

2)Chris Jericho
Jericho in the Terry Funk phase of his career is my favorite version of him yet, as he seems to get more entertaining with age.

3)L.A. Park
One of my ideal wrestler archetypes is a fat angry old man who beats up fit young men, and this phase of Park's career has resulted in a lot of fun matches. Plus he does a hell of a spear for a guy in his fifties.

4)Pentagon Jr.
His presence and physical charisma are unparalleled, and he's an extremely talented worker to boot. Guys with that kind of aura are really special and there aren't many of them on the indies.

5)Colt Cabana
What can I say, I like comedy wrestling when it's good and Colt's in-ring style is very different from everyone else's. I like springboard cutters and superkicks as much as the next guy, but the modern indy style is really repetitive and I like that Colt breaks away from that. He's a really talented guy.

6)Chuck Taylor
Another funny guy who can go, but Chuck can REALLY go and it's wonderful to see him making real money after being overlooked for so long.

7)Darby Allin
Darby is a complete loon who might also be the most graceful wrestler I've seen in a long time, and I think he could be AEW's Jeff Hardy with the right booking.

8)Jimmy Havoc
I don't like deathmatch wrestling nearly as much as I used to, but Jimmy has a lot of creative spots in his arsenal and a sense of humor that makes him way more interesting to me than most other deathmatch guys.

9)Su Yung
Her "undead bride" gimmick is cool and she is very believable as an absolute maniac in the ring. Her Fest Wrestling title match against Chuck Taylor in drag is a must-see, in my opinion, and it's what got me into her in the first place.

10)David Starr
Like MJF, Starr understands that heels have to show rear end, and he's also a really good worker on top of that (especially his selling). I've enjoyed every single match of his that I've seen so far and he works well with a pretty wide variety of opponents.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
1. Tomohiro Ishii
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Will Ospreay -
4. Shingo Takagi
5. Mayu Iwatami
6. Orange Cassidy
7. Dragon Lee
8. Tony Deppen
9. Jun Kasai
10. Andrade Almas

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

saw this thread before i went to bed and knew 100% i'd have to sleep on this. also because i would've been up like 3 more hours writing everything out, so here's some word vomit.

1. Daniel Bryan
Has to be number 1 for me purely because he's the only guy (other than Punk) who got me interested in WWE's product. Course, now I don't watch the weekly product anymore outside of the PPVs, but Bryan announcing his return to wrestling was easily #1 moment of the 2010s for me, even if he got stuck in a boring Mania match and a so-so Cass feud. My potential all-time favorite wrestler came back and that's all that mattered. No one in WWE compares to him in the ring and on the mic for me. I wouldn't call him the best promo in traditional terms, but he just has something no one else on the roster has imo. His feud with Kofi, while I think it didn't live up 100% to its maximum potential, was still the best thing WWE has done in recent times and it was a feud where I was so excited to see Kofi win, but at the same time, if Daniel retained, I would've been just as fine honestly. Plus he's had the best match with Lesnar since Punk.

2. Tetsuya Naito
I am a big fan of the Minnesota Vikings and Los Angeles Clippers, so naturally I was drawn to Naito always being within arm's reach of becoming the top guy or getting a huge win only to fail and everything just comes tumbling down. I love believing so much in Naito only for him to lose and for me to actually get crushed, that's a type of feeling I don't get with wrestling anymore outside of Naito, and just makes me love this loser even more. His character work when LiJ started blowing up was untouchable and I'd never really seen someone just willingly toss a belt around and stomp on it and it was just loving awesome. He's not quite that same level anymore, but he's still really loving awesome. Every time Naito goes on a run, I'll tell myself that if he loses, it'll be the last time I get so invested, and yet here I am, after being crushed in the G1, now investing into the aspect that he could leave WK as a double champ.

3. Kazuchika Okada
Kinda weird putting the guy I consider to be the best wrestler in the world at #3, but here's Okada!!! The only less than stellar big match I've seen Okada have was against Jericho and even then, it wasn't awful, but just not up to Okada's standards. It blows my mind that we've potentially got 10 more years of this dude at minimum.When it's all said and done, I imagine Bryan Danielson will be my #1 all-time, but with Okada probably still performing at a high level for ten years, anything is possible and nothing makes me more excited to see Okada take on the next batch of incredible wrestlers.

4. Tomohiro Ishii
It is actually impossible for this man to have a bad match and it kills me that he'll probably never get a IWGP title reign, so I hope he can at least be given a IWGP IC title reign. He takes guys who I think are just okay or slightly above average and then goes and has a 4*+ match with them. He feels like the type of wrestler who everyone says AJ Styles currently is. He's a 40+ year old dude who is actually incapable of having a bad match and I've yet to see him slow down. I jokingly say Ishii could pull a 4 star match out of me, but honestly I don't even think it's a joke, Ishii is just that drat good.

5. Will Ospreay
Okada, Ishii, and Ospreay are pretty much my top 3 for in-ring performance in New Japan with Ibushi just at #4 or tied with Shingo. Bad Twitter aside, I've been a fan of Ospreay's ever since I first saw him in PROGRESS and it's been a really rewarding journey to watch him go from being the guy who goes from spot-to-spot flippy wrestler to becoming an incredibly polished overall wrestler. I feel like everything people criticized him for as an in-ring performer, he's actually gone and fixed it. He still does a lot of high impact moves, but they just don't feel as dangerous for him anymore. Or maybe I'm just convincing myself of that because I really want Ospreay to have a long career.

6. Jay White
BREATHE WITH DA SWITCHBLADE. From the moment he re-debuted vs. Tanahashi, I was hooked. I remember people being disappointed in the match and while I do agree it wasn't anything special, I just knew White would prove everyone wrong. I just watched him slowly get better with each match and now he's the #1 heel in New Japan. Second to Naito in character work for me and might even top him in that field in due time. He pulls off the heel shenanigans without it being too bleh and also backs that up by being a great performer. Also a real big fan of his moveset, that sleeper suplex of his is a beaut.

7. Shingo Takagi
So I originally had Shingo at 10, but as I thought about him some more, I just decided to move the homie up because wow he's had a bonker year. I'll admit that I'm a bit bummed out that he's already transitioned up to heavyweight because I would've loved to have seen him in one more BOSJ. His run was rivaled by only Ospreay in this year's. His match with SHO was a 5* in my books then he killed it with Dragon Lee, Scurll, Gresham, Ishimori, and then would have a 5* with Ospreay then the homeboy shows up in the G1 to have great matches vs. Moxley, White, Taichi, Cobb, Goto, and two 5* matches with Naito and Ishii.

8. SANADA
Similar to Jay White, I've just been on the SANADA train for so long. Has to be those good looks. drat him. He was a dude who I could tell was super talented, but I was always worried that his perceived lack of fire would hold him back from really doing anything, plus his freelance status scares me with the WWE rumors. BUT now SANADA has grown up from little handsome greaser boi to dressing like a swashbuckling pirate king. I love watching a SANADA match because I know he's going to take his time and it'll be slow, but man, I'm hooked in for the entire ride. Only real gripe I've got against SANADA is I wish he'd make the Skull End look a bit tighter, but I imagine being locked in an actual dragon sleeper for any amount of time would suck a lot. Really pulling for a New Japan Cup win next year for the boy.

9. Kota Ibushi
Mannnnnnnnn I love me some Kota Ibushi and I'm so happy he's getting his big opportunity to shine at the Dome (unless that handsome dummy loses the contract). Similar to Ospreay, I like that Ibushi has kind of toned down his moveset, but then he'll go and do a dive where he'll gently caress up his ankle then seconds later bounce on his neck fifteen times in a row, so maybe not that similar at all. But he's got more of a heavyweight moveset, so that's cool. I love that he uses Nakamura's Boma Ye as a side note. I know his match vs. Naito is a disgusting mess, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it was a spectacular match and I was looking forward to them crossing paths again at the G1 Climax finale. Like Naito, Ibushi's shown no real interest in playing it safe, so I can only imagine what sickening bump he'll try and take at the Tokyo Dome.

10. Nick Gage
This spot could've gone to a ton of different people, but I'm gonna give it to MDK all fuckin' day. Nick Gage went from a dude who I just took as your run-of-the-mill boring deathmatch wrestler, but caught a few of his matches this year during Mania week and I've completely come around on my opinion of him. Dude's loving good at what he does. He has to be one of the more versatile wrestlers out there in regard that he can do a match with just about anyone. Not on the Ishii level where it's all fantastic, but this year alone he's had decent-to-great matches with Shinjiro Otani, Orange Cassidy, Effy, Tony Deppen, Joey Janela, Mance Warner, G-Raver and is in a stupidly fun tag team with Thomas Santell, who is in every way the complete opposite of Gage's character. Plus he had a Christmas themed deathmatch with one of my all-time favs in UltraMantis Black. I really would've loved to have seen Gage compete in the GCW Japan shows, but alas, impossible I imagine.

Quick honorable mentions go toooooooo
Tony Deppen
Kris Statlander
Jon Moxley
Kenny Omega
Dakota Kai (whenever she's healed up and ready to go again)
G-Raver

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Kota Ibushi
3. Will Ospreay
4. Shingo Takagi
5. Chris Jericho
6. Kenny Omega
7. Pentagon Jr.
8. Tomohiro Ishii
9. Joey Janela
10. Darby Allin

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1. Taichi - he shouldn't need an explanation for being number one. He rules

2. Ryo Mizunami - she's cool as hell. She does the machine gun chops better than Kojima and her theme music is Pitbull. What's not to love?

3. Takumi Iroha - she's a potential top star somewhere some day. She's a fantastic wrestler and she is the perfect combination of dorky and badass. Also she left the pervert Rossy Ogawa to work for the leader of the anti-pervert eradication forces, Chigusa Nagayo.

4. Masashi Takeda - deathmatch legend, real shooter, has a pet owl.

5. Tetsuya Naito - he would have been number one a few years back but I still love him and want him to main event the Tokyo Dome

6. Kagetsu - one of the few reasons I still tolerate the existence of Stardom

7. Asuka - NOT the WWE one. She's having an insane year including the absolute match of the year the single lighttube deathmatch with Akito. (Also her name is NOT ASUKA)

8. Jake Lee - he's a perfect gentleman and he drinks cream soda but he calls it Jake Cream Soda. The pun works better in Japanese.

9. Sakura Hirota - Toru Yano for people with galaxy brains

10. Katsuhiko Nakajima - one half of the best tag team in the world and he kicks really hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

1- Okada
2- Kota Ibushi
3 - Will Ospreay
4 - Dragon Lee
5 - Tomhiro Ishii
6- Jon Moxley
7 - Kenny Omega
8 Chris Jericho