Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

super macho dude posted:

Would love to see everyone's Top 10 all time list.

Would be interesting to see if Ric Flair would still win that. I do think it's neat that Chris Jericho made the top ten of that list 12 years ago and Daniel Bryan was in 15th place, and today they're still ranking very near the top of the CURRENT favorite wrestlers list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
1. Tomohiro Ishii - I think what edges Ishii over Okada is that he brings out the fighting spirit in his opponents, even losers like Taichi
2. Kazuchika Okada - The best complete package, his moves are perfect. I wasn't around during his Punished Okada phase but his subsequent redemption was great storytelling
3. Kota Ibushi - Mega-charismatic babyface with a callous disregard for his own body
4. Taichi - My favorite character work in the biz, Taichi can really wrestle, he's just a lazy-rear end slacker using shortcuts to win
5. Jay White - Amazing heel work, best ura-nage I've seen. He can really get inside your skin.
6. Zack Sabre Jr. - Submissions forever, every time I watch a match of his I learn new ways to stretch out the human body
7. Jon Moxley - He's got this insane presence and swagger that could only come from leaving a toxic relationship, makes imaginative promos
8. Shingo Takagi - Incredibly talented and athletic, makes you want to root for him
9. Juice Robinson - Juice has effortless charisma and I'm an eternal mark for Left Hand of God
10. Chris Jericho - His match with Omega at Wrestle Kingdom 13 was the one that got me into New Japan. Still has it.

Honorable Mentions: Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer, EVIL

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

super macho dude posted:

Would love to see everyone's Top 10 all time list.

it is tajirix10 that one year he was really really really really really really good

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Man narrowing the shortlist done to 10 was brutal. Feels like I've done some great wrestlers dirty.

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi
3. Will Ospreay
4. Kazuchika Okada
5. Cesaro
6. Zack Sabre Jr
7. Tomohiro Ishii
8. Chris Jericho
9. Velveteen Dream
10. Shingo Takagi

Kevino07 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 9, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Updated through to Kevino07's list.

A few notable things:

- There are now 145 individual wrestlers listed.
- 2 wrestlers in the top 10 have not received any #1 picks
- 8 wrestlers in the top 20 have not received any #1 picks
- As has been the case through the entire thread so far, the current #1 wrestler does not have the most #1 picks
- The takeaway from the above three is that a wrestler's ranking is heavily influenced by the weight of their position on your Top 10 lists.
- The #2 spot is currently tied between two wrestlers with a third extremely close to their points total.
- 9 of the wrestlers in the top 10 are from New Japan, 2 are from AEW and 1 is from WWE. 2 of the New Japan wrestlers are also signed with AEW.
- The top female wrestler so far is currently ranked at #21, though only due to draws in the top 20 being sorted alphabetically. In terms of points alone, she would be ranked 19th equal.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
it's sort of interesting that Gargano has only been on two lists. i feel like having the Ciampa/Gargano feud drag out for so long might have cooled him off a lot more than I realized. if it was this time last year, I think he would be a good bit higher in the rankings.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

1. Shingo Takagi
2. PAC
3. My Boi BxB Hulk
4. Shun Skywalker
5. Masaaki Mochizuki
6. YAMATO
7. Tomohiro Ishii
8. Daniel Bryan
9. Hiroshi Tanahashi
10. Pentagon Jr.

Shingo has been the best wrestler in the world for four or five years now and that's ignoring the decade of outstanding work prior to his current run. He's so good at every single aspect of professional wrestling it's unreal. If you asked me for this list three years ago Tozawa probably would have been my number one pick but I legitimately forget that he exists most of the time tucked away in the 205 ghetto.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 10, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

it's sort of interesting that Gargano has only been on two lists. i feel like having the Ciampa/Gargano feud drag out for so long might have cooled him off a lot more than I realized. if it was this time last year, I think he would be a good bit higher in the rankings.

Gargano really suffered from his call-up to the main roster clashing so obviously with the year-long storyline that had been going on in NXT, compounded by Ciampa's injury derailing it entirely. The feud with Cole was cool but also went on a little too long, and while I still think Johnny is great, his no-man-land status between obviously being done with NXT but not really having anything waiting for him on the main roster has hurt him a lot.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

i'd agree with that and i'd add that as someone who almost put Gargano on my list, the only thing that held me back was just that i feel like you don't see him actually wrestle enough. the TakeOver matches are always good to excellent, but then the TV cycles come around and guys like Gargano and Cole maybe have a match or two. for me it was just hard to not rank guys who have had good to excellent matches a whole lot more than Gargano. i think Gargano is an excellent wrestler and i'm grateful he isn't overexposed to death like WWE loves to do with guys, but idk, i feel like i've seen him in street clothes way more than in his wrestling gear this year.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

Updated through to Kevino07's list.

A few notable things:

- There are now 145 individual wrestlers listed.
- 2 wrestlers in the top 10 have not received any #1 picks
- 8 wrestlers in the top 20 have not received any #1 picks
- As has been the case through the entire thread so far, the current #1 wrestler does not have the most #1 picks
- The takeaway from the above three is that a wrestler's ranking is heavily influenced by the weight of their position on your Top 10 lists.
- The #2 spot is currently tied between two wrestlers with a third extremely close to their points total.
- 9 of the wrestlers in the top 10 are from New Japan, 2 are from AEW and 1 is from WWE. 2 of the New Japan wrestlers are also signed with AEW.
- The top female wrestler so far is currently ranked at #21, though only due to draws in the top 20 being sorted alphabetically. In terms of points alone, she would be ranked 19th equal.

Who is the most divisive wrestler? (highest points with the fewest votes)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nick Gage has only been put onto 5 lists but has ranked extremely high on three of them, which has put him right up on the edge of the Top 20. Maki Itoh is our top ranked female wrestler so far and has only appeared on four lists, but ranked high enough that she's right there with Nick Gage.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Sep 10, 2019

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Nick Gage has only been put onto 5 lists but has ranked extremely high on three of them, which has put him right up on the edge of the Top 20. Maki Itoh is our top ranked female wrestler so far and has only appeared on four lists, but ranked high enough that she's right there with Nick Gage.
It's kinda :psyduck: but Maki Itoh and Nick Gage were probably in the same building or passed each other during WM weekend because of GCW and DDT Pro shows and that seems like such a natural pairing that someone needs to book next April, please and thanks.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

stfu if ur not mdk

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
1. Tomohiro Ishii
2. Zack Sabre Jr.
3. Kota Ibushi
4. Kazuchika Okada
5. Will Ospreay
6. Kenny Omega
7. Shingo Takagi
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi
9. Hirooki Goto
10. Chuck Taylor

Move Bryan, Cesaro, or Zayn to another company and they'd probably be on my list.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009
This was hard, and I’ll probably change my mind five mins after I post this.

1. Joey Janela
2. Cody
3. Mox
4. Velveteen Dream
5. Orange Cassidy
6. Omega
7. Okada
8. Luchasaurus
9. Darby Allin
10. Roderick Strong

HMs: Matt Riddle, Kris Stratlander, Aleister Black, PAC, Awesome Kong, etc

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
1. Pentagon
2. PAC
3. Cody Rhodes
4. Jon Moxley
5. Samoa Joe
6. Chris Jericho
7. Daniel Bryan
8. Cesaro
9. Luchasaurus
10. Pete Dunne

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Hmmmmmm

1) Minoru Suzuki
2) Tomohiro Ishii
3) Chris Jericho
4) Tetsuya Naito
5) Daniel Bryan
6) Will Ospreay
7) Jon Moxley
8) Zack Sabre Jr.
9) Kazuchika Okada
10) Kenny Omega

I wish there was an 11th spot so that I could rank my favourite boy who beats up seconds, screams SHADDUP at the crowd, has awful Jesus-based tattoos and a murderhawk. But Archer is always destined to miss out.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
1) My Man D-Bry. There's a reason he's in Booker's Fav Five. He's awesome at every single aspect of pro-wrestling.
2) Okada.
3) Chris Jericho
4) Asuka
5) Moxley
6) Omega
7) Sasha Banks
8) Tanahashi
9) Suzuki
10) Cesaro

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i would suggest changing the thread tag to HOT or something more eye catching. limited time things like this are cool but this thread just blended into all the crappy threads i don't read.

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Pentagon Jr.
3. Darby Allin
4. Chris Jericho
5. Chad Gable

it's at this point where i realize i don't really like a lot of wrestlers

6. Chuck Taylor
7. Cesaro

uh...

8. Luchasaurus
9. Jungle Boy
10. does Luke Harper count? he's not really active but it's because he's being held hostage

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If Luke Harper is eligible please change my entry to his name spelled 10 different ways

mancub
Aug 27, 2002

Long time lurker here. These are the in-ring performers that compel me the most right now.

1. Kenny Omega
2. Tetsuya Naito
3. Aleister Black
4. Minoru Suzuki
5. Asuka
6. Ray Fenix
7. Luchasaurus
8. Kota Ibushi
9. Samoa Joe
10. Chris Jericho

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

1. Chuck Taylor
2. Tomohiro Ishii
3. Shingo Takagi
4. Chris Brookes
5. Orange Cassidy
6. Eddie Kingston
7. Nick Gage
8. Asuka - DDT
9. MAO
10. Alex "Worldwide" Kellar

Worldwide is not really anything special (or even very good at all) as a wrestler but I do really like seeing him at every AIW show I go to regardless, so he makes the list.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luke Harper is still an active wrestler, he's wrestled this year and his current absence is purely down to WWE being dicks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
1. Tomohiro Ishii
2. Tetsuya Naito
3. Kazuchika Okada
4. Kota Ibushi
5. Will Ospreay
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi
7. Minoru Suzuki
8. Pentagon Jr.
9. Juice Robinson
10. Luchasaurus

With that #10, you can probably guess #11.

Omega, Taguchi, Bryan, Keith Lee, Bayley, Candice, Asuka, Aja Kong and Hikaru Shida would make the HM list.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

1 Jon Moxley - Dean Ambrose was always good.
2 Shingo Takagi - The Dragon should have won BOSJ
3 Dragon Lee - Lucha star
4 Chris Dickinson - Dude has been on a tear on the indies
5 Daisuke Sekimoto - Love Hard BJ
6 Orange Cassidy - shrugs
7 Alex Colon - underrated US Deathmatch wrestler
8 Eric Ryan - underrated US Deathmatch wrestler
9 Erick Stevens - I like a nice comeback
10 Shota Umino - Tell em Shooter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

10 Shota Umino - Tell em Shooter

Shota Umino posted:

:stare:

Jon Moxley. Is going to win. Favorite Active Wrestler. :hai:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I only really started watching again once AEW was announced, so this feels like it comes from a small sample size and based on watching back catalog stuff as well, but:
10. Luchasaurus
9. Kyle O’Reilly
8. Asuka
7. Rey Mysterio
6. Samoa Joe
5. Janela
4. Jericho
3. Moxley
2. Cody
1. Pentagon

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 13, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Points have been calculated through to Lead Pipe Cinch's list

Notable things:

- 1st place's spot, seemingly unassailable at one point, is slowly being clawed back.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th place have become a logjam with the wrestlers involved frequently switching places.
- The first wrestler to be ranked at every single spot on a Top 10 list is Jon Moxley after the latest roundup of points. Zack Sabre Jr, Pentagon Jr and Chris Jericho are all one spot away.
- Two surprisingly late new additions to the overall list are Rey Mysterio and Sasha Banks.
- Asuka has slipped by Maki Itoh to become the new favorite female wrestler so far, though she is still outside of the top 20.
- 157 individual wrestlers have appeared in the lists so far.
- Utami Hayashishita remains the least favorite favorite (but still a favorite!) thanks to alphabetical sorting.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Sep 13, 2019

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

1. Tomohiro Ishii
2. LA Park
3. Nick Gage
4. Aja Kong
5. Daisuke Sekimoto - He is so strong. I debated swapping him with Okabayashi, who is also very strong, but I don't know what PISSARI means and I'm nervous about fully backing him until I find out.
6. Kento Miyahara - Tanahashi's resurgence last year was one of my favorite things ever but he lost so he gets bumped for Kento. Sorry Tana.
7. Shinjiro Ohtani - I was going to put Yoshiaki Fujiwara here because he is so old but I haven't seen him wrestle this year. I have seen Ohtani a few times and his match with Sekimoto was real hot so he is the old guy on my list. Yes, he's not even 50 yet but he's been a surly old guy for years now.
8. Masashi Takeda
9. Ultimo Guerrero - I like when he raises the roof
10. Utami Hayashishita - I haven't watched enough joshi lately but I have seen a lot of Utami matches and I think she is very cool.

If Hiromu was around he'd be #1.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
1) Daniel Bryan - I wish he wrestled somewhere i actually watched. I just keep up with him on YouTube now
2) Shingo Takagi - Most handsome man in NJPW who can actually wrestle. Get your poo poo together Sanada
3) Zack Sabre Jr - He bored me in PWG and elsewhere, but I totally get him now in NJPW
4) Maki Itoh - When the greenness goes away she is going to be the best
5) Kota Ibushi - Specifically Alien Death Mode Ibushi
6) Toru Yano - Highlight of the G1 for me
7) Jay White - Best poo poo talker/heel in the business
8) Asuka (WWE) - I like the other Asuka too, but this one has the best theme song
9) Ricochet - See D-Bry
10) Orange Cassidy - It doesn't get old to me

10 was a split between Orange Cassidy and Chuck Taylor. Chuckie T is my favorite wrestling personality, but as a wrestler he is ... fine (he runs the ropes funny). I actually like to watch OC wrestle so he gets the final spot.

Fad fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 13, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

fadmonkey posted:

8) Asuka (WWE) - I like the other Asuka too, but this one has the best theme song

drat, putting CFO$ over Beyonce is a big call

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

1. Maki Itoh
2. Taichi
3. Minoru Suzuki
4. Chuck Taylor
5. Zack Sabre Jr.
6. Jon Moxley
7. Aja Kong
8. Yano Toru
9. Saki Akai
10. Misao

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
1. Jon Moxley

Because who else would I choose here? My favorite active wrestler for probably almost 6 years at this point. An incredible promo and not as great of a worker in terms of consistently putting on classics as plenty of others on this list, but Mox resonates with me as a wrestler and in some ways as a person more than any other wrestler today.

2. Will Ospreay

This is a weird one because I knew he'd be on this list, and pretty high up at that, but why this high? Yes he's a loving dumbass but honestly I'd say other than Mox, Billy Brexit makes matches more consistently "must watch" for me. Hate if you must but I'd say Ospreay might be the best guy going today other than...

3. Kazuchika Okada

Because come on. He's the loving Rainmaker. Does he make me feel things? Not exactly, but greatness is goddamn greatness. Strike a pose, Kazu.

4. AJ Styles

Probably more consistently shines for me than any other "work rate" guy in WWE now. He's loving great.

5. Seth Rollins

I'll probably catch poo poo for this but this dude is legitimately a fantastic wrestler. Other than those who literally refuse to put WWE guys on their lists (which I kinda understand) I'm a little shocked at how little shout he's getting. But I guess I get why people hate him and the company he works for so whatever.

6. Daniel Bryan

Literally the only reason he and Seth aren't swapped is that I literally get uncomfortable watching him wrestle sometimes given his history and everything.

7. Cody Rhodes

My favorite of the core AEW guys to this point, Cody has been absolutely killing it. No two ways about it.

8. Becky Lynch

I feel like I NEED to give Becky some love because holy poo poo. Through sheer force of will, charisma, and awesomeness, Becky has basically managed to become the closest thing to a female SCSA we'll ever get and I think that deserves recognition.

9. Pentagon Jr.

I kinda hate myself for not putting him higher but that's a function of just how ridiculously stacked the wrestling talent pool is in 2019.

10. Bray Wyatt

Goddamn. Just everything this dude has done to build lore around his character is nothing short of amazing and his reinvention is for my money the most fascinating thing in WWE right now. He'll probably move up this list if he starts having quality matches on top of everything else.

I feel like I did SO many wrestlers dirty so have a loving gigantic HM list.

Honorable Mentions:

Ishii, Jay White, Toru Yano, Charlotte Flair, PAC, Shingo Takagi, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Aleister Black, Ricochet, Adam Cole, Chris Jericho, Johnny Gargano, Cesaro, (Mustafa) Ali, Kenny Omega

This list probably sucks. God bless. :)

Jesus Christ I FORGOT IBUSHI. loving A, 2019 wrestling is absurdly talented.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 13, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

loving A, 2019 wrestling is absurdly talented.

Seriously, it's loving crazy and we are blessed to have such an enormous amount of talent regularly putting together some of the best matches in history on a fairly regular basis, helped hugely by the ease of access we now have to so many promotions.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Tetsuya Naito
4. Minoru Suzuki
5. Tomohiro Ishii
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi
7. Jon Moxley
8. SANADA
9. Shinsuke Nakamura
10. AJ Styles

I have a pretty heavy NJPW bias and I'm not ashamed by it.

Honorable mention:
John Cena. Even though he's not what I would call "an active Wrestler" as that dudes career has gone on I've really grown to appreciate everything he's done. When it comes to big matches Cena lives up to the hype. His match with AJ Styles at Royal Rumble was incredible. He's also one of the few pure WWE guys to have a 5 star match on the main roster. He was a great foil for Edge and they provided each other with legitimacy. Cena's feud with KO springboarded KO onto the main roster and helped make him the star he deserved to be. Every time he comes back the mixed reactions are gone and it's pretty much universal cheers for the man.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Kenny on my list :(

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 15, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

1. Toru Yano
2. Taichi
3. Aja Kong
4. Kento Miyahara
5. Takashi Sugiura
6. Naoya Nomura
7. Session Moth Martina
8. Sasha Banks
9. Shayna Baszler
10. Joe Coffey

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

1. Tomohiro Ishii
I want to watch everyone wrestle this man.
2. Kota Ibushi
At his best, he's amazing and injured he's still fantastic
3. Kenny Omega
The weirdo just has amazing matches
4. Shingo takagi
The king of lariats. He's almost Ishii level in being a guy I want to watch wrestle anyone
5. Kazuchika Okada
He's just too good
6. Pentagon Jr
Amazing presence and a fantastic Wrestler. He reminds me of Randy Savage in how he moves in the ring
7. Rey Fenix
The best high flyer I have ever seen
8. Minoru Suzuki
I feel like I put him too low, he was my absolute favorite for a while and sometimes he still takes that spot.
9. Kana/Asuka
More than any other Joshi, I like her stuff, also she uses the crossface chickenwing, my favorite submission
10. Daniel Bryan
He would be higher if he were elsewhere, I love the guy, but I dont watch his company anymore

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Notes from the latest count (through to remusclaw):

- Pentagon Jr has joined Jon Moxley as the only wrestlers to get voted into every single spot on a Top Ten at least once.
- Daniel Bryan joins Zack Sabre Jr as only one spot away from having every spot filled on the Top Ten at least once.
- The top four wrestlers have steadily pulled away from the next six in the top 10. #2 remains close enough to #1 to be a real threat, with #3 and #4 not far off.
- Maki Itoh has just managed to edge into the Top 20 after retaking her spot as the top female favorite on the list. Aja Kong has really pushed up to take 2nd-equal spot with Asuka as top female.
- Maki Itoh also has the highest amount of points with the least amount of individual votes
- 167 individual wrestlers have now made the list.
- Seth Rollins and Shinsuke Nakamura are surprisingly late additions to the list.
- Thomas Santell is now alphabetically the least favorite favorite on the list, after Utami Hayashishita rose up in points.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I don't wish to denigrate anyone's choices, but there is a suspicious lack of Taichi in the majority of lists. Pick up your game, Rowdy Ringsports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

I don't wish to denigrate anyone's choices, but there is a suspicious lack of Taichi in the majority of lists. Pick up your game, Rowdy Ringsports

He'd be in my New Japan top 10 but there's too many great wrestlers, sorry.