Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

try the new taco place posted:

I've been trying to skim lists and not look too closely so the final reveal will be a surprise to me, but I'm still pretty certain who the top 2 are :(

Don't be so sad about Big Daddy Yum Yum's popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just went through that top 128 sorter. The only difference between that and my original list was Andrade and Ember didn't make the cut which bumps Chris Jericho and Minoru Suzuki into my #9/10 spots.

I was also very excited to see that my current hatred of Seth 'Crossfit' Rollins meant that YOSHI-HASHI was saved from being last. Get Back Up indeed :unsmith:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
here is my good list.

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Kota Ibushi
3. Zack Sabre Jr.
4. Kazuchika Okada
5. Jon Moxley
6. Chuck Taylor
7. Tomohiro Ishii
8. Nick Gage
9. Rush
10. Orange Cassidy

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TheKingslayer posted:

Don't be so sad about Big Daddy Yum Yum's popularity.

He's improved so much after just two matches in Japan

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

3.5 hours to get your entries in!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Yeah considering recent events I'm not going to be able to focus on the list, (Thanks for the program, it was really helping.) So if you would be able to just put Ishii as my no. 1 that would be my contribution tia.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Here's my total result from the tournament thing, this is not a secondary entry, just some interesting results:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Posting just so it's up before the deadline, commentary will be edited as soon as I finish writing it, anybody who looks at the results besides J-Ru before I edit in the commentary will be banned*.

10. Daniel Bryan
9. Hiroshi Tanahashi
8. Jay White
7. Tomohiro Ishii
6. Kazuchika Okada
5. EVIL
4. Hirooki Goto
3. Tetsuya Naito
2. Jon Moxley
1. Kenny Omega

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Submissions are now closed. Any lists posted after this won't be counted in the final results.

I'll be rechecking my math and will try to have results/stats etc up relatively soon, ideally before AEW Dynamite first airs but that might be a little optimistic.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:munch:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I just wanna say, not being the first person to put Chuck at #1 warmed my heart.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I can't believe The Florida Brothers locked down the #1 and #2 spots!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Yeah considering recent events I'm not going to be able to focus on the list, (Thanks for the program, it was really helping.) So if you would be able to just put Ishii as my no. 1 that would be my contribution tia.

please count this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is going to take awhile, but let's start at the bottom and work our way up. With 201 wrestlers listed by 114 Goons, divided into 63 categories, we covered a diverse range of ages, genders, and most importantly wrestling promotions. While some things went as expected, there were a lot of surprises, and now it's time to see where the wrestlers ended up. Since we're counting from #63 down to #1, where wrestlers drew I have assigned them all into one placing in reverse alphabetical order. Any number in parentheses next to a wrestler's name means they were voted at least once as a Goon's personal top favorite active wrestler.

You said who YOUR Top Ten Favorite Active Wrestlers were, now let's find out who Rowdy Ringsports' Consensus Top 201 wrestlers are!

#63 - 1 point

Thomas Santell
Tam Nakano
Solo Darling
Niño Hamburguesa
Michael Nakazawa
Luke Harper
Kofi Kingston
Joe Coffey
Hijo Del Vikingo
Gentleman Jervis
Cedric Alexander
Awesome Kong
Allie Kat
Alex "Worldwide" Kellar
Hangman Adam Page

#62 - 2 points

Zack Gibson
Yujiro Takahashi
Último Guerrero
Tony Baroni
Su Yung
Shinsuke Nakamura
Shayna Baszler
Sha Samuels
Saya Iida
Sakura Hirota
Saki Akai
Robbie Eagles
Nyla Rose
Nick Jackson
Matt Tremont
Marq Quen
Kazuki Hashimoto
Josh Briggs
Erick Stevens
Charlotte Flair
Big Mami
Bandido

#61 - 3 points

Xavier Woods
Viktor Tykki
Tony Deppen
Tessa Blanchard
Mark Briscoe
Konami
Katsuhiko Nakajima
Jordynne Grace
Jimmy Lloyd
Jake Lee
Eric Ryan
Dalton Castle
Chase Owens
Andrade "Cien" Almas

#60 - 4 points

Tetsuya Endo
Shinjiro Ohtani
Session Moth Martina
RUSH
Misao
Mei Suruga
Matt Angel
Marty Scurll
Jay Briscoe
Jack Gallagher
G-Raver
Brock Lesnar

#59 - 5 points

YAMATO
Timothy Thatcher
Tenille Dashwood
PCO
Lacey Evans
Kikutaro
KENTA
Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio
Isami Kodaka
HARASHIMA
Christopher Daniels
The Butcher Andy Williams

#58 - 6 points

Takashi Sugiura
Seth Rollins
Naoya Nomura
Jamie Hayter
Ember Moon
Colt Cabana
Brody King

#57 - 7 points

YOSHI-HASHI
Shun Skywalker
Sasha Banks
Rey Mysterio
Mario Bokara
MAO
Lulupencil
Kylie Rae
Keith Lee
Finn Bálor
Danhausen
Caristico

#56 - 8 points

Shota Umino
Scorpio Sky
Sareee
Roman Reigns
Matt Riddle
Matt Jackson
Lance Archer
Eddie Kingston
Chase Parker
BxB Hulk

#55 - 9 points

Shawn Spears
Ryo Mizunami
Riho
Momo Watanabe
MJF
Mikoto Shindo
Matt Martel
Kzy
Kyle O'Reilly
Hazuki
Fallah Bahh
BIG E
Bayley

#54 - 10 points

Slex (1)
Shelton Benjamin (1)
Sexxxy Eddy (1)
Necro Butcher (1)
Mayu Iwatami
Chad Gable

#53 - 11 points

Miyu Yamashita
Kagetsu
David Starr
Alex Colon

#52 - 12 points

Utami Hayashishita (1)
Kris Statlander
Effy
Chris Dickinson

#51 - 13 points

EVIL
Jimmy Havoc (1)
Kairi Sane
Roderick Strong
Sami Zayn
Takumi Iroha

For me perhaps the most interesting thing is how low the likes of Bayley, BIG E, Brock Lesnar, Finn Bálor, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Shinsuke Nakamura and Xavier Woods did. Sure there were a fair few low ranked members of other promotions (Adam Page and Rush for example), but all of those WWE wrestlers were once solid favorites of Rowdy Ringsports, and now only a couple of them were able to make double-digits in a popularity contest.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 2, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit J-Ru you beautiful son of a bitch, you're using my countdown format aren't you? :stare:

Andrade being below Lacey Evans is a travesty.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

For me perhaps the most interesting thing is how low the likes of Bayley, BIG E, Brock Lesnar, Finn Bálor, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Shinsuke Nakamura and Xavier Woods did. Sure there were a fair few low ranked members of other promotions (Adam Page and Rush for example), but all of those WWE wrestlers were once solid favorites of Rowdy Ringsports, and now only a couple of them were able to make double-digits in a popularity contest.

look how low matt riddle is. i wonder how much higher he'd be if he was still in the indies.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm sorry for letting Almas fare worse than Shawn god drat Spears. I just Don't Watch Him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yujiro got 100% of the points of Adam Page. Yikes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Yujiro got 100% of the points of Adam Page. Yikes.

Dick and Balls should have won world tag league.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
When it's really difficult to get through your show, your rep is going to take a hit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Now we're into the Top 50, where a relatively low 14+ points was enough to get you into the upper echelon of Rowdy Ringsports' favor! Remember, the number in parentheses indicates how many times a wrestler was picked as a Goon's absolute top favorite currently active wrestler.

#50 - 14 points

Jun Kasai

#49 - 15 points

Masaaki Mochizuki
Juice Robinson
El Phantasmo
Bárbaro Cavernario

#48 - 16 points

Speedball Mike Bailey
Meiko Satamura (1)
Jungle Boy
Johnny Gargano

#47 - 17 points

Yuka Sakazaki
Ricochet
Chris Brookes

#46 - 18 points

Ryusuke Taguchi
Hana Kimura
ASUKA (DDT)

#45 - 19 points

Jushin Liger
Bray Wyatt (1)

#44 - 21 points

Jungle Kyona
Hirooki Goto

#43 - 22 points

L.A. Park
Dragon Lee

#42 - 23 points

Kento Miyahara
Io Shirai (1)

#41 - 25 points

Pete Dunne

It's interesting to see here a lot of midcarders (or main eventers in smaller promotions) start showing up. NXT seems to have fared somewhat better than WWE in terms of keeping the luster on some of its top guys - that said, Bray Wyatt's ranking feels surprisingly low even after all the bad booking he'd been through over the years. In sadder news, Ryusuke Taguchi failed to get 69 points and is probably softly weeping somewhere in Japan as we speak, you monsters.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
This might be the only time a wrestling-related ranking will have Lacey Evans equal to Chris Daniels and KENTA.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Jungle Kyona ranked higher than her son Jungle Boy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man I really wish I'd voted for Juice now. He deserves to be higher and he was just bubbling under my top 10 :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Through into the 30s now and we're starting to see wrestlers who have had the charisma and talent to still be held in high regards even in the face of bad or malicious booking. Some very talented veterans are also included, the oldest and scariest being Aja Kong, but the once fresh-faced kid AJ Styles is hardly a spring-chicken himself anymore.

#40 - 26 points

Daisuke Sekimoto

#39 - 27 points

Kevin Owens

#38 - 28 points

Aleister Black

#37 - 29 points

Becky Lynch

#36 - 30 points

Masashi Takeda

#35 - 32 points

Joey Janela (2)
AJ Styles

#34 - 34 points

Fénix

#33 - 35 points

Adam Cole

#32 - 36 points

Darby Allin (1)

#31 - 38 points

Aja Kong (1)

♪ God made the devil, just for fun!
But when he wanted the real thing, he made Aja Kong! ♪

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Man I really wish I'd voted for Juice now. He deserves to be higher and he was just bubbling under my top 10 :sigh:

He's at least in good company with the people that share his points total.

Kento Miyahara really punished for not being in NXT or NJPW makes me sad though. He rocks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This brings us down into the 20s, where the points still haven't quite taken off yet but we're seeing a clear pull away from the rest of the pack, and the ties have basically ended at this point. The write-ups get a little more robust after this and will take a little longer to post.

#30 - 40 points

WALTER (1)

#29 - 41 points

Toru Yano (2)

#28 - 44 points

Velveteen Dream

#27 - 48 points

Luchasaurus (1)

#26 - 51 points

Cesaro (1)

#25 - 52 points

Maki Ito (2)

#24 - 57 points

Samoa Joe

#23 - 62 points

Asuka

#22 - 65 points

Chuck Taylor (3)

#21 - 69 points

Switchblade Jay White

In the end, Asuka managed to hold onto her spot as the top female on the poll. But she was denied again a spot in the Top 20, which she spent so long just hovering on the edge of, sometimes getting in only to be knocked back out by somebody else around her getting in. Plus, of course, Switchblade Jay White made sure to steal getting 69 points just to made Taguchi sad.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Can’t believe the knife pervert beat Chuck

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

shameful placement for jungle jack perry

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I feel pretty bad for Kofi. The reigning WWE champion, in last place in our poll.

I think if any of us were rating out all the wrestlers, the vast majority of us would have Kofi well ahead of Allie Kat.

Ultimately I don't see it as an indictment of Kofi as champion - but of the WWE product. It's very difficult to care about the WWE right now, and by extension, their champion.

Rollins as the universal champion is actually considerably lower than one might expect. I don't feel bad for him though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

#21 - 69 points

Nice

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

I feel pretty bad for Kofi. The reigning WWE champion, in last place in our poll.

I think if any of us were rating out all the wrestlers, the vast majority of us would have Kofi well ahead of Allie Kat.

Ultimately I don't see it as an indictment of Kofi as champion - but of the WWE product. It's very difficult to care about the WWE right now, and by extension, their champion.

Rollins as the universal champion is actually considerably lower than one might expect. I don't feel bad for him though.

Kofi is a solid hand but not more than that. If you're not a WWE watcher he's never had the indy run of a Danielson or Claudio or Joe or Hero so probably isn't getting your vote, if you are a WWE watcher then there's just lots more talented workers and besides, NXT is a hotter product as far as this forum goes. Yes, he's definitely better than some of the others on 1 point but then I'd also say there's at least 4 from that group I'd put on my list ahead of Kofi (Harper, Hijo del Vikingo, Cedric Alexander & Hangman Page) Seems like Kofi would be a guy who'd get a higher position if it was a top 25 list rather than top 10 we were doing, he's good not great and clearly not someone people are going to be very passionate about.

Honestly, the bigger indictment on WWE to me is Becky Lynch with 29 points considering how hot she was less than a year ago. They really burst that bubble, quite impressive really.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Kento Miyahara really punished for not being in NXT or NJPW makes me sad though. He rocks.

I think he's gaining momentum and will finish higher next year, but All Japan isn't in the top five promotions followed on here.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Kofi wasn't even really in my honorable mentions list. If he hadn't shown up on the list at all, I probably wouldn't have even noticed. But seeing him there in last place made me feel bad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

being the reigning wwe champion makes you less of a star not more of one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SANADA (1)
Much like through most of his career, SANADA seemed to amble through this thread at his own pace, not quite looking like he was really ever going to get going. Except he just kept getting up a little higher each time, going a little further, leaving other wrestlers who had been dominating him in the points behind. A protege of The Great Muta, SANADA worked his way through All Japan, Wrestle-1 and even a year long stint in TNA and yes, Global Force Wrestling!. In each of them everybody could see his potential, not least of which was aided by his frankly incredible good looks. But it never quite seemed to work out. But then, after a year or so working the indies including Chikara as well as a try-out for WWE, he made the move that would elevate him in the eyes of many. Joining New Japan as part of Tetsuya Naito's Los Ingobernables de Japon stable, SANADA quickly became an important figure in the promotion and soon demonstrated that he was more than capable of footing it with the top dogs of New Japan. Even his setbacks now feel like they're building to something, as SANADA has been quietly building a solid history/rivarly with New Japan's top star Kazuchika Okada in spite of being ostensibly second-banana to Naito. SANADA is living proof that so long as you work hard and keep at it (and also are INCREDIBLY physically attractive), good things will happen to you!

Taichi (2)
The Holy God Emperor Taichi was a long-standing joke for a good length of time. Sure he had his fans, and not all ironic, but in New Japan at least it always seemed like he wasn't really trying that hard, or that he was content to sit at a certain level and go no higher. Since his move from Junior to Heavyweight, however, things have changed, as Taichi has been involved in some excellent matches as well as some killer angles which have shifted the weight of opinion (for the most part) in Rowdy Ringsports into being enthusiastic about the prospect of a Taichi match. A protege of Toshiaki Kawada, Taichi spent time in All Japan, had a cup of coffee in TNA, had an intermittent run in New Japan and then went off for a time to CMLL. When he returned to New Japan he joined the Kojima-Gun faction, which within half a year had turned into Suzuki-Gun when Taichi betrayed their leader to welcome back the returning Minoru Suzuki. Taichi has been a loyal stalwart of the gang ever since, slowly rising up from just another henchman to a regular threat to various champions, and adding new weapons to his arsenal (literally, in the case of the iron glove left behind by raving madman Iizuka when he retired). Accompanying him along the way is his valet Miho Abe, who adds a beautiful extra dimension to his heeling by just being utterly enamored with him and being his biggest fan. The contrast between Taichi cheating his rear end off and being a dick while Abe simultaneously swoons over him AND hurriedly cleans up his mess behind him is just one of many reasons Taichi has become such a joy to watch.

Nick Gage (2)
This man is a criminal! Not in some storyline sense, he literally went to jail for 5 years for armed robbery! A long-time deathmatch wrestler for Combat Zone Wrestling, where he has held multiple titles, Gage's popularity has taken off in recent times thanks in part to his work in Game Changer Wrestling. Demonstrating a talent for humor and comedic timing you might not expect from somebody who does deathmatches for a living, Gage comes across like a guy who is completely upfront about himself and how he feels, especially about his opponents. Having dealt with painkiller addictions and having served time in prison, he's clearly learned to make the most of his second chance and is building a real name for himself in the world of pro-wrestling. Obviously Rowdy Ringsports agrees, as he easily made the Top 20 early at the start of this thread and was never really once in doubt of falling out.

PAC
At 33 years of age, PAC has already been wrestling for 15 years including a lengthy period of nothing where he had to sit out a WWE contract in order to actually wrestle again. For almost that entire time he has been an exciting, compelling wrestler to watch. Spending years in Europe and then becoming a staple of the Dragon Gate promotion, PAC was "that exciting flippy guy on the indies" who eventually signed with WWE and became "Neville" in NXT, winning the title and having a great feud with close friend Sami Zayn. But then everything went wrong, as he shifted to the main roster where Vince McMahon saw his height began with a 5 and lost all interest. While he got a few sniffs at main event spots nothing ever came off, and eventually he was moved into the Cruiserweight division where he became a heel. The suggestion was that Neville was being sent down to add starpower to the division, and that if he did a good job he would be rewarded with a return to the main roster and an actual push. Instead after a long reign as Cruiserweight Champion in which he developed a fantastic heel persona, "Neville" had to lose the title to Enzo Amore and then his return to the main roster never happened. For the next year Neville sat on a "suspended" contract with WWE until eventually he was released, at which point he made a beeline back to Dragon Gate and quickly became the Open the Dream Gate Champion again. He was set to be a regular member of the AEW roster as well, but things fell through with differing stories on whether it was a Visa issue, a dispute over wins/losses or something else. The point was moot, as soon after PAC lost his Dragon Gate title he made a surprise return to AEW to defeat Kenny Omega, making a last minute replacement for the injured Jon Moxley. He immediately dove straight back into the feud with AEW's upcoming star Adam Page, and it appears PAC is back in the United States working for a major American wrestling promotion again. We can count ourself lucky.

Orange Cassidy (1)
One of the most difficult things a wrestler faces nowadays is standing out from the field. There are scores if not hundreds of incredibly talented wrestlers who can do amazing moves, cut emotionally charged promos, are second or more generation wrestlers etc. Then there's Orange Cassidy. A man who has made an extremely successful career to date out of being incredibly lazy and unmotivated. But don't let the seemingly one-dimensional gimmick fool you, because Cassidy has been wrestling now for 15 years and is still going strong, if anything he's become more in demand and well-known thanks to his signing to AEW. Grasping exactly what he needs to do and when he needs to do it, Cassidy is always working hard to make sure people enjoy watching him not work hard.

Cody
All Vince McMahon had to do was let him take off the face-paint. Cody Rhodes, the son of the late Dusty Rhodes, the brother of Goldust. He'd come into wrestling as an obvious pick for future stardom. Not only did he have the lineage, but he was tall and attractive and athletic and well-spoken. But Vince wanted him in the facepaint and the bodysuit, just like Goldust had been, just like he'd put Cody's dad into polka dots to teach him "humility". And Cody Rhodes put up with it, and he got a little less interesting and little more annoying and soon he was just taking up space and treading water. Then his dad died and Cody pushed on trying his best to make things work, putting on hold for the time his plans to leave, asking once again to lose the facepaint and being told no: Stardust was who he was now. That was his gimmick. Given the old good-cop/bad cop routine by Vince/HHH, he'd had enough and he left... and proceeded to practically do a "How to get over" 101 class for the benefit of everybody watching. He self-generated incredible buzz for his Indy Dream Tour, he got hooked up with New Japan and ROH and the Bullet Club faction. He got himself into a feud with Kenny Omega, at the time the hottest thing going in wrestling. And then he took the opportunity to make a "bet" with wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer that he could run an indy show that sold out a big arena, and teamed up with the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega to make ALL IN happen. Which is where he also started getting himself over as not just a great self-promoter/promoter, but a talented in-ring storyteller as well. He won the NWA Title to tie in his career with his late father's, he took a forward-looking role in the public mind for AEW. He demonstrated how to turn the tired old cliche of a Brother vs. Brother match into a 5 star classic. All his success only cost him his name, as WWE apparently has the rights to "Cody Rhodes". Even that may simply be a story he's told just to further paint him as the hero, and if it is well then it has worked a treat, because not so long ago this guy was loving Stardust and now he's in the top 15 of Rowdy Ringsports' favorite pro-wrestlers!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 2, 2019

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm excited about where Ishii will be placed.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi placing above SANADA is justice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Good pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That is a good loving doge :3:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Taichi placing above SANADA is justice.

I mean, I love Taichi as much as the next girl (unless I'm next to Miho) but still, why would you hurt me like this?