Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So first things first is the list:

1. Chuck Taylor
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Zack Sabre Jr
4. Knife Pervert
5. Minoru Suzuki
6. Maki Itoh
7. Chris Brookes
8. Nick Gage
9. Cody Rhodes
10. Timothy Thatcher

Now for the breakdown:

I am obvious the biggest Chuck Taylor mark, but he is really good and my favorite. Okada, ZSJ, and the Knife Pervert are I feel obvious as they are probably the greatest wrestler alive today, and then my two favorite white boy heels in New Japan. Minoru Suzuki is a living legend with the greatest theme song of all time. Maki Itoh and Chris Brookes I feel bad about because I don't really watch much of their matches because I'm bad at watching wrestling, but their twitter games are so strong that I have become a huge fan of each of them. Nick Gage is an experience and if I hadn't seen him live I wouldn't rate him at all. Five Star Cody is fantastic and has managed to completely flip the script and be a really top level talent working matches that haven't really had a stage in recent memory. Tim Thatcher is weird, because any list of wrestling favorites no matter the size I will always name him as last (my top five would be Taylor, ZSJ, Knife Pervert, Suzuki, and Tim Thatcher).

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I had kind of a different problem, because I love most wrestling and wrestlers when I see them, any time I try and collate a list of wrestlers I always get stuck because most wrestlers have some sort of appeal but pulling names out of the general "is cool or good or both" to name exceptional examples I find myself having to stretch to pull names, but if asked how any given wrestler is, I'll have a semi-nuanced read of the work I have witnessed and an opinion.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
THIS POST CONTAINS NO VOTES (COUNT NO VOTES FROM THIS POST)

My original list as it is:

karmicknight posted:

1. Chuck Taylor
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Zack Sabre Jr
4. Knife Pervert
5. Minoru Suzuki
6. Maki Itoh
7. Chris Brookes
8. Nick Gage
9. Cody Rhodes
10. Timothy Thatcher

My script generated list:

karmicknight posted:

1 Chuck Taylor
2 Zack Sabre Jr
3 Switchblade Jay WhiteKnife Pervert
4 Kazuchika Okada
5 KENTA
6 Hana Kimura
7 Chris Brookes
8 Chris Jericho
9 Darby Allin
10 Fénix

People on my original list who are not on my script list are Minoru Suzuki (was 5, now 18); Maki Itoh (was 6, now 17); Nick Gage (was 8, now 20); Five Star Cody (was 9, now 75); and Tim Thatcher (was 10, now 14).

What I find really interesting is my though process of ZSJ then Jay White stayed consistent, it's just I like them both more than Okada (I hope that doesn't say lovely things about my psyche). Nick Gage swapping for Chris Jericho and KENTA for Minoru Suzuki are also dope as hell in my estimation.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

stab posted:

4. Danhausen

I want to comment on your list of lost boys, but, man, I own four pieces of Danhausen merch and might be a Danhausen mark.

That's my Danhausen story.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Yujiro got 100% of the points of Adam Page. Yikes.

Dick and Balls should have won world tag league.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Big Dave posted:

as the lone allie kat voter, i enjoy watching her wrestle infinitely more than kofi goddamn kingston

As someone who voted for neither, same.

DLC Inc posted:

Great loving posts for the top 20 countdown. Top tier poo poo.

Seth not being that high despite being a genuinely talented as gently caress worker I'll chalk up to not only his bullshit mouthpiece moments this year, but the very poor booking he's received. He should easily be a top-20 guy but being placed in heatless feuds instead of being let loose with the most talented people on the roster has really hurt his stock. If you replaced Baron Corbin, Brock Lesnar, and Braun with like....Aleister Black, Daniel Bryan, and Samoa Joe, guarantee Seth would rank better.

Ehhh, not really because him having good matches with better wrestlers than him at the bottom of a WWE pay per view card wouldn't make anyone care any more about him any more than having less good matches with better wrestlers than him (and a powerlifter).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

At least he beat Loser Naito

He beat Naito by almost 40 points.

hell yeah.

(gently caress capitalism)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Ishii knows to do the job even when it matters most :unsmith:

Fitting for the number 2 man in Chaos to be at little Kazu's side once again.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Can you post a link to the Orange Cassidy you grabbed (I assume it was just the first result but man an Orange Cassidy with proper loving around AI would be great)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Minoru Suzuki has like one of the greatest hero's journeys of all of wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

SANADA should leave LIJ to join forces with Ibushi, Tanahashi, Juice, Ishimori and Roppongi 3K because that would be a very good stable

this tweet feels relevant.
https://twitter.com/briamgilbert/status/1186407485105692674