Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm starting to get Into Gwent :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm starting to get Into Gwent :stare:

It's so good. The Gwent tournament in Novigrad is one of my favorite quests.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Is that the one that you can’t re-do if you lose?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It's definitely my favorite

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i completely 100% ignored gwent in both my playthroughs and i definitely missed out on some cool story poo poo cause of this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

julian assflange posted:

Is that the one that you can’t re-do if you lose?

Yes. Well you cant get the cards anyway

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

There’s also a point in the story where you can play dandelion and if you lose you have to reload an old save or else you can’t get his card

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I THINK some of the missable cards are in the expaks now but idk tbh i got the dandelion card first try and there was a big flashing warning sign about the big gwent tournament in novigorad so u know to save be4 u start

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How many of the story quests are super long trudges through caves out of nowhere? I just did one where all I was supposed to be doing was visiting a witch and then suddenly I’m spending three hours deep in a Lore Cave and I ran out of potions and couldn’t meditate.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How many of the story quests are super long trudges through caves out of nowhere? I just did one where all I was supposed to be doing was visiting a witch and then suddenly I’m spending three hours deep in a Lore Cave and I ran out of potions and couldn’t meditate.

lol that is literally the same story quest I complained about last year. It's the only one like it in the game so it's nothing to worry about once you beat it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol that is literally the same story quest I complained about last year. It's the only one like it in the game so it's nothing to worry about once you beat it

Yeah that one is weird because it just sort of blindsides you with how long it takes and it also can happen so early in the game that it sets the expectation you'll be doing that a lot. Honestly it's a cool quest it just feels out of place

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

I killed the gryphon and had an audience with the emperor. I have no clue how to approach things but am riding the horse around and fought a priest

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i hate that stupid cave more than anything but thats the only one. be prepared for the worst boss fight in history too

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

i hate that stupid cave more than anything but thats the only one. be prepared for the worst boss fight in history too

Is this the gargoyle one?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it’s the dude with the ice hounds

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I think about the Snowball fight a lot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That’s a relief haha.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

The one at the end? I didn’t have much trouble with it...I am playing on the second difficulty though...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The one at the end? I didn’t have much trouble with it...I am playing on the second difficulty though...

i mean the section before it where you have to like neutralise the portals to ice world or what the gently caress ever for 30 minutes

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I started playing this again recently with modding and its sick theres so many little mods that push the immersion further like a cape and hood you can take on and off with a keypress and better facial hair on geralt. a mod that makes the blood more and better and has slow mo in combat for like counters and dodges and finishers, and darker nights so you actually need to use the torch, which is also modded so you can hold it out while on horseback and project its light a bit farther

Starting a new game its cool how you have a big chat with gaunter o dimm as like the first npc and he kind of sets you off on the entire game

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

My last save is inside one of the little bubbles of protection from the frost, I did not expect to be in this situation after meeting the spa witch. It still looks easier than killing the gargoyle. I’m actually a tad worried about finishing the section because I thought White Orchards was at least the first half of the game and now the map is very big.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

HORMELCHILI posted:

a cape and hood you can take on and off with a keypress

hell yes

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The only mods I used were quick-loot and the fast travel from anywhere.

Only being able to fast travel from signposts is stupid, but the mod can also sequence break quests if you’re not careful.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

The only mods I used were quick-loot and the fast travel from anywhere.

Only being able to fast travel from signposts is stupid, but the mod can also sequence break quests if you’re not careful.

doesn't sound so stupid to me then

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In fairness I only sequence broke once when I fast travelled from inside a cave structure skipping a cutscene when you leave said cave. The overall convenience far outweighed the negatives to me.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

I started playing this again recently with modding and its sick theres so many little mods that push the immersion further like a cape and hood you can take on and off with a keypress and better facial hair on geralt. a mod that makes the blood more and better and has slow mo in combat for like counters and dodges and finishers, and darker nights so you actually need to use the torch, which is also modded so you can hold it out while on horseback and project its light a bit farther

Starting a new game its cool how you have a big chat with gaunter o dimm as like the first npc and he kind of sets you off on the entire game

MOD IN MFING WEATHER RECATING HORSE BASED AND A MOD THAT LETS YOU SEE EVERYTHING ROACH IS CARRYING ON HIM!!!!!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Witcher 3 mod wishlist

- "'Do it [Defecate]' command is now available for Roach."

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah those sound alright too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is loving up my free time. I keep getting sidetracked. I definitely need that auto loot mod though...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For some reason I keep playing other stuff and forgetting what I was doing so I need to restart, but it's a real good game and I'll play it literally all day when I'm in the mood

I should try the mods I guess

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It seems like it’s pretty easy to get overlevelled in this. I’m 12 now and most of the quests in Velen, especially story quests are too easy. Feels like I wanna start over haha.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Gear mskes more of a difference than level i feel like

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I guess I did just finish finding the griffin gear...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I guess I did just finish finding the griffin gear...

Griffin set ftmfw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Griffin set ftmfw

I like that it looks like professional armor instead of those raggedy rear end shirts that I was using up until that point. I’m looking forward to going after cat school gear when I level up a bit.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I used the cat set for a while until I tried the griffin set with a few sign upgrades and never went back. Eat poo poo burrowing enemies

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I also used griffon then cat set until the grypon set bonuses got too epic to ignore

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I haven’t been using signs to be honest...been focusing on jacking up my crit and using alchemy bonuses...I think I’ll end up in light armor

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
All master and grandmaster sets are extremely ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The wolf school armor glitched out for me so I could never complete it, but it's badass looking for sure