Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

All master and grandmaster sets are extremely ftw

Bear School worst school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It seems like it’s pretty easy to get overlevelled in this. I’m 12 now and most of the quests in Velen, especially story quests are too easy. Feels like I wanna start over haha.

i was definitely messing with the difficulty throughout the game so it felt just right. when you finish the latest witcher set you're in god mode for a while

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The game doesn’t ever really get hard, just some of the dlc mobs and bosses are a pain.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The miscarriage subplot in the bloody baron quests is a big oof imo. Killing ghosts while king Robert carries a squirming stillbirth zombie was so wtf.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The miscarriage subplot in the bloody baron quests is a big oof imo. Killing ghosts while king Robert carries a squirming stillbirth zombie was so wtf.

I thought it was fairly win tbh.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Both paths for that quest are incredible.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

the whole bloody baron questline is ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fiend Matador posted:

the whole bloody baron questline is ftw

yeah it was neat

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I stopped playing not long after that quest. I think I had to get an old man's goat back. I should get back to it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Both paths for that quest are incredible.

I liked the whole thing overall tbh. I ended up seeing things through to the end because it was so engaging.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Wish I could play this for the first time again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’m still playing this. I’ve done all the novigrad main quest stuff and arrived at skellige for the first time. I turned down triss and am planning to romance yennifer. Her and geralt already made love on a stuffed horse.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When should I do the dlc?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DLC should be tackled after you beat the main story or lv. 30+

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

General rule of thumb is after the main story

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

crazy that blood and wine is a whole other continent of witcher content, its so so so good

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

extremebuff posted:

crazy that blood and wine is a whole other continent of witcher content, its so so so good

Not-Tuscany was such a good idea for an environment

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hearts of Stone assumes you’re still working on the main quest, Geralt will reference the search for Ciri as if it’s still ongoing even if you’ve already beat the main quest. I think it’s only like one or two lines so it’s not a huge deal but still.

Blood and Wine was definitely intended to be played after beating the main game, though, it feels like a perfect sendoff to the series and to Geralt.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Wish I could play this for the first time again.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Still the only game I immediately started a new game after beating.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve been doing gwent quests for three days. I realised that all the random merchants have a card you can win so I’ve been travelling around the world winning them all. Yen can wait on skellige a bit more imo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I beat gwent, by which I mean I collected all the cards and won the tournament. Ended up running a monster deck because I was bored of spy rinse repeat. I think I’m just gonna smash the story and the contracts...dunno if I have two dlcs in me...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

You havent bear gwent because theres more cards in hearts of stone and a whole new deck in blood and wine

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The new deck was fun to play against

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Blood & Wine deck is ftw and makes for really tense matches

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I love just abusing muster and making the dumb ai pass their turn and then pwning them even harder the next round.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pwning a dipshit NPC with your human brain and actual soul ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I beat gwent, by which I mean I collected all the cards and won the tournament. Ended up running a monster deck because I was bored of spy rinse repeat. I think I’m just gonna smash the story and the contracts...dunno if I have two dlcs in me...

You should play the dlcs but take your time so you don't burn out.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Me, talking to my computer screen: Do you now realize the magnitude of the jeopardy you've put yourself in by accepting this duel?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I’m moving soon so I’ll probably have to play them when everything is done and I’ll be ready to immerse.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The DLCs are great but yeah there's no rush to play them. If you're interested in the myths around the Heart of Stone one its kinda cool but not necessary to enjoy it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Had a dream I took a nice warm bath and when I got out of the bath, a doctor told me I had been diagnosed with AIDS, that the bath was actually liquid AIDS.

edit: wrong thread

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man the horse in this game is a fuckwit.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Man the horse in this game is a fuckwit.

Turn your monitor on.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I jumped into hearts of stone early and it feels of a much higher quality than the main game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Both expansions taken together are higher quality than the base game but the base game is still excellent. Hearts of Stone has one of the best quests though - Dead Man's Party