Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

:vince:

But all is good, there is a new ship to buy :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Popete posted:

I think you'll find that it is actually not a problem and CIG has it under control.

quote:

I can assure you that CIG do have DDOS protection it is just toned down or off at the moment.

"I can assure you that I have a condom... it's just not on at the moment. Checkmate syphilis!"

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

You have not experienced life until you've experienced Goose poo poo. Not only is it ejected at speed, but it's a frequent delivery, rendering any limited water course a soupy mess of digested greenery.

It's also slicker than most lubes.

They're also a highly territorial bird that does a good job of scaring the poo poo out of people.

XK posted:

It's evidence of a backer who didn't make it to release.

F

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hav posted:

You have not experienced life until you've experienced Goose poo poo. Not only is it ejected at speed, but it's a frequent delivery, rendering any limited water course a soupy mess of digested greenery.

:honk:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1293569604338331649

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Hav posted:

They're also a highly territorial bird that does a good job of scaring the poo poo out of people.

F

Geese are extra yummy, but they ruin public spaces with their crap. A regional park by my house has to close off huge areas because there is so much goose poo that they worry it will be a health hazard.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

To this day I wonder why Canadian geese are protected.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1293585843714551808

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Our doggo has a new job. One of our runner ducks abandoned her youngs, and we were able to at least save one of two.

Now we are nursing it at home, and our doggo watches over it nearly 24/7. It's already at the point that when he's not around, the young one starts peep-peep until the big doggo is back, and if he can't get to her (door closed etc.), he goes nearly crazy.

He also never was that silent over the day in a long time, basically just watching the young one all day. When we let it take a bath and are not fast enough/not watching, he catches it out of the water and starts licking it clean.
(sorry for terrible quality/focus)

https://imgur.com/a/a6VCsFe

:3: that's the ticket

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SnappyWaterloggedAnemone-mobile.mp4

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

Yeah I’m surprised everyone just overlooked this...

“Let me dress up in my finest furry costume and hold my pet snake for this corporate PR Twitter post.”

-A true professional pushing the boundaries of video game technology

I didn't even notice it. I thought it was a snake curled into a stuffed animal.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
like I don't want to be all "all sex is for procreation and must be done missionary with as much joyless thrusting as possible" but its just kinda a weird thing to roll past a couple cute puppers and then bang, fursona 4 golden outta nowhere

good for the dude I guess?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

The Titanic posted:

I didn't even notice it. I thought it was a snake curled into a stuffed animal.

:lol: I wouldn't notice the snake if it wasn't here outside the tweets

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
To be charitable, maybe it’s not a sex thing for him, but given that’s the way many will read it it is a very strange thing to include in corporate PR.

The Super-Id fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 12, 2020

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

To this day I wonder why Canadian geese are protected.

They outnumber humans and get pissed off at the drop of a hat. MoD knows all about it, there's a treaty so they steer clear of the airports.

monkeytek posted:

Geese are extra yummy, but they ruin public spaces with their crap. A regional park by my house has to close off huge areas because there is so much goose poo that they worry it will be a health hazard.

Weirdly they're actually really good for waterways in terms of liberating Nitrogen, but we're already usually very well stocked in that regard because of farm run-off.

TheAgent posted:

I've thus far resisted the urge to turn up to our official meetings in my 'Lord Humungous' gear, but this does raise some interesting ideas. Maybe some form of utili-kilt, and have the gimp cover the nipples?

The Super-Id posted:

To be charitable, maybe it’s not a sex thing for him, but given that’s the way many will read it it is a very strange thing to include in corporate PR.

Honestly the pre-ponderance of over-sexualization in the post-apocalyptic prepper is massively out of place given how everyone's going to smell like rear end. I just go with the flow. This decade it's feathers and assless chaps. <shrug>

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The moral dilemna of PR in 2020

>Reveal my own identity to show off my cute snake
>Reveal my fetish/fursona to show off my cute snake
>Reveal my cute snake to show off my cute snake

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Wait, what does this mean? Is UEC their money? The just set the currency to zero like in that Rick and Morty episode?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Lammasu posted:

Wait, what does this mean? Is UEC their money? The just set the currency to zero like in that Rick and Morty episode?

It's better: some of that UEC is bought with real money

marumaru
May 20, 2013

TheAgent posted:

like I don't want to be all "all sex is for procreation and must be done missionary with as much joyless thrusting as possible" but its just kinda a weird thing to roll past a couple cute puppers and then bang, fursona 4 golden outta nowhere

i mean nothing wrong with being a furry imo even if i personally find it weird and dont get the appeal it's ultimately a harmless hobby and/or kink.
what's weird is submitting a photo of you in a fursona when your company asks you if you have pets
i'm into anime but i wouldn't send a photo of my anime dakimakura if i had one to my company

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

tuo posted:

It's better: some of that UEC is bought with real money

But you also shouldn't expect to have it before release what is release anyway?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

The one guy's lizard was the same name as the in-universe fancy whiskey. I'll just assume they were the person responsible for that piece of lore.

Radagast

edit: lol, I didn't know this was a Tolkien character. Ignore me.

XK fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 12, 2020

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inacio posted:

i mean nothing wrong with being a furry imo even if i personally find it weird and dont get the appeal it's ultimately a harmless hobby and/or kink.
what's weird is submitting a photo of you in a fursona when your company asks you if you have pets
i'm into anime but i wouldn't send a photo of my anime dakimakura if i had one to my company

Same, the most I go out of my way to public is anime T-shirts and stuff. Still need to get the pillow for my daki cover, too.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I wish I was an auteur. That way during interviews I could wave my hands in front of me like I'm molesting an invisible parrot, and the interviewer will just nod and silently digest my genius.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

it corrupts purchases made from the webstore as well

someone hosed up big fuckin time

:allears:

Are we seeing a turbulent failure? Fail big or go home!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

tuo posted:

Our doggo has a new job. One of our runner ducks abandoned her youngs, and we were able to at least save one of two.

Now we are nursing it at home, and our doggo watches over it nearly 24/7. It's already at the point that when he's not around, the young one starts peep-peep until the big doggo is back, and if he can't get to her (door closed etc.), he goes nearly crazy.

He also never was that silent over the day in a long time, basically just watching the young one all day. When we let it take a bath and are not fast enough/not watching, he catches it out of the water and starts licking it clean.
(sorry for terrible quality/focus)

https://imgur.com/a/a6VCsFe

This is absolutely darling. I love it. <3

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I said come in! posted:

I just want to say how hilarious it is that a toy to an unreleased video game was found in a thrift store.

I'd say it's a goo indicator to determine whether or not your game is taking too long to develop.

Once you hit the thrift stores, it's a safe bet to consider yourself "taking way too long".

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I hope the tevarin are the mutant ninja turtles.

So now that there is a new ship for sale, I'm guessing all progress towards wanting cig to be accountable for producing nothing except ship sales has been entirely forgiven, and the backers are flocking to get the next new piece of dlc?

This is like cigs only means of staving off a riot it seems... give people more stuff to buy. And it somehow works so good on them. :)

Thuorn
Jul 18, 2020

So as of tonight/tomorrow morning, CIG will somehow have the best "donating" year ever. IN THE MIDDLE OF loving AUGUST... I literally dont believe it. Congratulations CIG on whatever scam you currently have going. Hopefully you are better at fudging numbers and laundering money than you are at making games and running a website. lololololol

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

What in the world? How does that even happen?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

bbchops posted:

What in the world? How does that even happen?

lovely servers

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Thuorn posted:

So as of tonight/tomorrow morning, CIG will somehow have the best "donating" year ever. IN THE MIDDLE OF loving AUGUST... I literally dont believe it. Congratulations CIG on whatever scam you currently have going. Hopefully you are better at fudging numbers and laundering money than you are at making games and running a website. lololololol

You obviously don't understand anything about global pandemic market depressions

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

I hope the tevarin are the mutant ninja turtles.

So now that there is a new ship for sale, I'm guessing all progress towards wanting cig to be accountable for producing nothing except ship sales has been entirely forgiven, and the backers are flocking to get the next new piece of dlc?

This is like cigs only means of staving off a riot it seems... give people more stuff to buy. And it somehow works so good on them. :)

The Tevarin are the honorable warlord-led birds with suicidal war tendencies. I think they represent the Colombians in world war II.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

trucutru posted:

The Tevarin are the honorable warlord-led birds with suicidal war tendencies. I think they represent the Colombians in world war II.

I think you mean Paraguayans, idiot!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
garbage data being fed into tables at massive rates without any sort of protection can cause unrecoverable corruption

since no one there has worked on MMOs or basic security for databases this kinda poo poo is gonna get worse and worse and worse

I'm sure they have basic backups to restore customer purchases but I have no doubt the tools to do that are archaic as gently caress and probably require a ton of manual input

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

People seem really skeptical of the funding tracker going crazy during the reign of Corona-chan but it makes sense. Look at sales of PC hardware for example, it's way up and lots of items are sold out. It was even more pronounced a couple of months ago. Games are one of the few things that are going to do well in this situation, and now that the whales have nothing else to spend money on they naturally have more to waste on SC.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/Fatcat742/status/1293578730372308996

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of money, did Lesnick ever do anything with all the Wing Commander cartoon garbage he had a fundraiser for?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Speaking of money, did Lesnick ever do anything with all the Wing Commander cartoon garbage he had a fundraiser for?
Do you really want to know what he did to it?

And fools congratulating someone on achievement of... spending money.

Btw, of course Tevarin spaceships look like birds. After all, human ships, rockets and aircraft look like hairless monkeys.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 12, 2020

Thuorn
Jul 18, 2020

Spatial posted:

People seem really skeptical of the funding tracker going crazy during the reign of Corona-chan but it makes sense. Look at sales of PC hardware for example, it's way up and lots of items are sold out. It was even more pronounced a couple of months ago. Games are one of the few things that are going to do well in this situation, and now that the whales have nothing else to spend money on they naturally have more to waste on SC.

That might be true for when COVID started shutting everything down. But the record breaking back to back to back months started in NOV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dwesa posted:

Do you really want to know what he did to it?
Kinda. I know how the board game one of the other former staff kickstarted ended: just made its goal, and now boxes of it full of archered art assets sit unopened in Citizens' cupboards. I don't know if Ben ever did anything with the boxes of literal garbage he paid something like $50k for.