Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Dwesa posted:

Romancing spaceships when

Star citizen already behind the times, Dr Evils kid made out with a space boat in mass effect 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I’m still waiting for the corpse of Star Citizen to be bought by Tencent, and turned into a mobile anime ship-girl gotcha game.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1318743801859608576

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Dwesa posted:

Romancing spaceships when

Yes, The Agent. Romancing spaceships WHEN??!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It... It's just ragdoll physics. We've had this in games since like 2002.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rabelais D posted:

Yeah, this all the way - I absolutely will never play a Derek Smart game again (I played Battlecruiser back when it first released for about ten minutes) - but godspeed to the man. His games aren't for me but some people do actually like them, and he made a career in the video games industry actually making and shipping games.

Chris Roberts couldn't even log in to the computer when he had to play his game live (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM). He didn't know the password, and he couldn't type it in, and when the game crashed he had to get Dennis to help. "Is...Is Dennis around here??"

When it crashed he said "What is wrong with this computer nowadays?" nervously, which is appropriate for a man who no longer touches computers and instead spends his time on yachts snorting lines and possibly shaggin nines.

When he was trying to troubleshoot the error (network connection timed out) he said "Are you sure noone's run over a line or something??"

Yeah Chris someone ran over a line and now your game doesn't work.

DENNIS!

The code whisperer.

"DENNIS!"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

This guy pulled all the spectrum accounts and parsed them

Not funny, but some numbers from his summary:
2.7m total accounts
~75% or around 2m of those are "Civilian" accounts i.e. people who signed up for free fly but never made a purchase
~25% or 720k accounts have made a purchase
~10% of that, or 62k accounts are "Concierge," i.e. whales who have spent more than 1k
~Only 142 backers spent more than $10k (I'm assuming they got this based on some associated title or something?)
~34k accounts are "Subscribers" who continue to give Crobberts a monthly fee for no good goddamn reason

Also, it turns out that the APIs that Spectrum runs on are trash, go figure.

Yeah these guys will have no issue with hackers whatsoever. The code whisperer strikes again!

quote:

The guy takes data scraped from the Spectrum forums and extrapolates from that only. Let me give an example - I have two friends with game packages, one has an Aurora with Squadron 42 and the other has an Aquila and Freelancer with Squadron 42, neither of them has ever signed into Spectrum.

If the numbers of concierge existed that he suggests then why is the concierge section so quiet compared to General and the Subscriber section? We would be seeing people coming to Concierge far more often and proclaiming their progression up the ranks than we do now. Only recently have we seen a slight uptick in Concierge membership and that is because Subscription is counted in the individual account totals, but not the total game funds raised.
48 months @$20 +$45 = $1005.
So it is perfectly possible to have contributed only $45 to the game development fund and still be a Concierge member. The genius on Reddit doesn't take this into account even though we have told him. The forums would be awash with Completionists and Space Marshalls according to his logic, they aren't and yet only the die-hard followers even bother to come to the forums. The sample set of 'Spectrum only' is heavily biased in favour of the die-hards and they still don't make up the majority. We get lot's of people come to Reddit and say they bought a game package and just forgot about it... most do. Yet this guy is suggesting that this game unlike any other only attracts high-rolling big spenders and the overly invested... utter bullshit. Why do we see so many posts complaining about the hardware requirement they can't afford and how hard it is to grind for ships?

The guy on Reddit is doing the equivalent of taking a census of ticket sales at classic car events and extrapolating all car owners in the world from that. He thinks all the people who own cars attend classic car events? They all own an average of 5 cars each? No, of course not. He has a bias, he wants the figures to say what he wants them to say. He doesn't take into account those who have no interest in engaging with the community, those who just want to play the game. i have bought Skyrim V 4 times do you find me on Bethesda's forums? No. I have all the GTA games and a Rockstar membership, do you find me on their forums? No. I backed another kickstarter game called Identity, do you find me on that games forums - No. The majority of gamers don't join community forums, just because they have bought a game and yet he feels confident that he can extrapolate that 100% of all the people with Star Citizen game packages and Squadron 42 game packages, and thus accounting for 100% of the funding, log into the community forums and make posts. Doesn't that tell you something about his assumptions and agenda?

The numbers given by CIG are far too rock steady to be reliant on a small group whose spending depends upon whatever is on sale this quarter. There just isn't that amount of fluctuation month by month, why is it that income doesn't drop off to near zero when there are no sales or new concepts? They don't, there is a steady underlying pattern that cannot be accounted for by 'event sales' you cannot have an average spend per account that varies by no more than 10% over 8 years if only a small group are inputting funds. Until about a year ago the yearly funding levels barely changed, the suggestion is that the core supporters are regularly spending exactly the right amount to keep the figures rock steady at about $100 - $110 per account registered... how are they co-ordinating this? They have a little private club where they all go and agree what they will each spend this month whatever CIG are offering? They have a plan.. Hey! As soon as your account hits $100 open a new account! Ridiculous.

If I spent $5000 in the first 2 years, $2000 in the following 5 years and only $500 in the last year how on Earth do hundreds of other account holders maintain a rock steady average overall despite my fluctuation in contributions? They can't.. it's a stupid notion. Concierge members do not spend like ticking clocks year after year. Only a tiny minority even know what the point of opening multiple accounts would be, 99+% of the people who come to Spectrum couldn't tell you why anyone would do it, those who impulse purchase the game package because of some event on Youtube don't have a clue about why they would buy the game, or things in the game, more than once!

If funding was so heavily dependent on ship buyers purchasing fleets and multiple game package accounts why is it that funding didn't drop off a cliff when ships could be earned in the game with in-game currency? Why wouldn't CIG clamp down on in-game currency farming exploits they know exist and wiping all in-game ship purchases if they were so reliant on ship sales? Why would CIG be giving every player a loaner Freelancer, for free? If CIG knew that was a potential risk why on Earth would they jeopardise their revenue stream by introducing such features and not wiping accounts - unless they knew it wouldn't because they knew the majority funds came from new accounts and game packages? You do know they log our IP addresses every time we sign in? So the suggestion is that we die-hards know why we might want multiple accounts and game packages, but we don't know how to grind for ships in the game instead of spending real cash? That in a year when we have seen more Alpha UEC farming exploits than ever we go ahead and massively increase our cash spend on ships for no apparent reason? Who thinks up this crap?

Quite the contrary funding has increased significantly now that newcomers know they don't have to spend more than the required $45 for a game package. We see a lot of.. Hey I'm new here! posts instead. You think the multi-account holders are faking it for the lolz? In droves? In a year when there have been significantly less sales of the larger ships, and complaints of content droughts that 60,000 concierge members all up and decided to more than double their annual contributions to account for the massive increase in funding this year, one of the worst economic disasters since the 1920's... that it has nothing to do with increased game package sales based upon content additions to the game widely discussed and shown all over Youtube to people who had never heard of the project before and had no idea that it existed... Get real.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

No man, this tech is called force reaction and was never done before. CIG truly delivered, now please buy an Idris.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Mirificus posted:

The guy takes data scraped from the Spectrum forums and extrapolates from that only. Let me give an example - I have two friends with game packages, one has an Aurora with Squadron 42 and the other has an Aquila and Freelancer with Squadron 42, neither of them has ever signed into Spectrum.

If the numbers of concierge existed that he suggests then why is the concierge section so quiet compared to General and the Subscriber section? We would be seeing people coming to Concierge far more often and proclaiming their progression up the ranks than we do now. Only recently have we seen a slight uptick in Concierge membership and that is because Subscription is counted in the individual account totals, but not the total game funds raised.
48 months @$20 +$45 = $1005.
So it is perfectly possible to have contributed only $45 to the game development fund and still be a Concierge member. The genius on Reddit doesn't take this into account even though we have told him. The forums would be awash with Completionists and Space Marshalls according to his logic, they aren't and yet only the die-hard followers even bother to come to the forums. The sample set of 'Spectrum only' is heavily biased in favour of the die-hards and they still don't make up the majority. We get lot's of people come to Reddit and say they bought a game package and just forgot about it... most do. Yet this guy is suggesting that this game unlike any other only attracts high-rolling big spenders and the overly invested... utter bullshit. Why do we see so many posts complaining about the hardware requirement they can't afford and how hard it is to grind for ships?

The guy on Reddit is doing the equivalent of taking a census of ticket sales at classic car events and extrapolating all car owners in the world from that. He thinks all the people who own cars attend classic car events? They all own an average of 5 cars each? No, of course not. He has a bias, he wants the figures to say what he wants them to say. He doesn't take into account those who have no interest in engaging with the community, those who just want to play the game. i have bought Skyrim V 4 times do you find me on Bethesda's forums? No. I have all the GTA games and a Rockstar membership, do you find me on their forums? No. I backed another kickstarter game called Identity, do you find me on that games forums - No. The majority of gamers don't join community forums, just because they have bought a game and yet he feels confident that he can extrapolate that 100% of all the people with Star Citizen game packages and Squadron 42 game packages, and thus accounting for 100% of the funding, log into the community forums and make posts. Doesn't that tell you something about his assumptions and agenda?

The numbers given by CIG are far too rock steady to be reliant on a small group whose spending depends upon whatever is on sale this quarter. There just isn't that amount of fluctuation month by month, why is it that income doesn't drop off to near zero when there are no sales or new concepts? They don't, there is a steady underlying pattern that cannot be accounted for by 'event sales' you cannot have an average spend per account that varies by no more than 10% over 8 years if only a small group are inputting funds. Until about a year ago the yearly funding levels barely changed, the suggestion is that the core supporters are regularly spending exactly the right amount to keep the figures rock steady at about $100 - $110 per account registered... how are they co-ordinating this? They have a little private club where they all go and agree what they will each spend this month whatever CIG are offering? They have a plan.. Hey! As soon as your account hits $100 open a new account! Ridiculous.

If I spent $5000 in the first 2 years, $2000 in the following 5 years and only $500 in the last year how on Earth do hundreds of other account holders maintain a rock steady average overall despite my fluctuation in contributions? They can't.. it's a stupid notion. Concierge members do not spend like ticking clocks year after year. Only a tiny minority even know what the point of opening multiple accounts would be, 99+% of the people who come to Spectrum couldn't tell you why anyone would do it, those who impulse purchase the game package because of some event on Youtube don't have a clue about why they would buy the game, or things in the game, more than once!

If funding was so heavily dependent on ship buyers purchasing fleets and multiple game package accounts why is it that funding didn't drop off a cliff when ships could be earned in the game with in-game currency? Why wouldn't CIG clamp down on in-game currency farming exploits they know exist and wiping all in-game ship purchases if they were so reliant on ship sales? Why would CIG be giving every player a loaner Freelancer, for free? If CIG knew that was a potential risk why on Earth would they jeopardise their revenue stream by introducing such features and not wiping accounts - unless they knew it wouldn't because they knew the majority funds came from new accounts and game packages? You do know they log our IP addresses every time we sign in? So the suggestion is that we die-hards know why we might want multiple accounts and game packages, but we don't know how to grind for ships in the game instead of spending real cash? That in a year when we have seen more Alpha UEC farming exploits than ever we go ahead and massively increase our cash spend on ships for no apparent reason? Who thinks up this crap?

Quite the contrary funding has increased significantly now that newcomers know they don't have to spend more than the required $45 for a game package. We see a lot of.. Hey I'm new here! posts instead. You think the multi-account holders are faking it for the lolz? In droves? In a year when there have been significantly less sales of the larger ships, and complaints of content droughts that 60,000 concierge members all up and decided to more than double their annual contributions to account for the massive increase in funding this year, one of the worst economic disasters since the 1920's... that it has nothing to do with increased game package sales based upon content additions to the game widely discussed and shown all over Youtube to people who had never heard of the project before and had no idea that it existed... Get real.

BECAUSE CIG IS LYING TO YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DigitalPenny posted:

Why was today bad ... do you want to talk about it ?

i fell through the floor again today when a bunch of goons where watching they started laughing so i freaked out and T posed.

Does T posing make you feel bad?

Yea it makes me feel like ... like im not a real NPC, like the guy who coded me was missing a bunch of keys or something but just did not give a gently caress you know?

Well what can you do to feel better about being forced into T posing ?

Well ... well im going to loving charge 5% more on silly hats, and give slightly negative dialog the next time a peppy commando comes around looking to browse my wares or what ever ..... see if that sour lemon dont ruin his immersion with my low mood and high price. no no ... actually gently caress that cammando, grabbing his rear end and dying on trains.. least he gets to log off from this never ending hell. next time he logs in im going to t pose on a train then asend vertically into heaven through the floor and he can just deal with not being able to buy his crappy wizzard hat with LTI or what ever poo poo we are selling this week. Actually gently caress that cammando im going to delay development another 5 years... lets see when done is done really done ... dam rear end hole.

Its ok, we made real progress today, i think we can call this teir 0 development ...

Really ?

No. get a refund.

Oh! It's you! It's been [duration word since last interaction with player] long!

I've been [happiness factor] because of [get last emo situation] and feel like [get player interactive result of emo from table].

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
loving stim citizen just lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Rabbi T. White posted:

God dammit don't make me keep re writing this loving game

Had to change the intro because it was fuckin boring, changed to unity since renpy was poo poo when it came to implementing combat (which i added because a choose your own CIG adventure was boring as gently caress), and then my artists have walked away with at least 600 bux without giving me any usables

Basically I am speed running star citizen development and should be done by year 6

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

I think you'll find that Star Citizen is actually released, no matter how many times they claim its pre-alpha or whatever

its treated as a live service game for years now lol

Always been the exciting part.

I've been waiting for CR to one day just come out and be all "Oh yeah, that's been out for years and we've just been updating it. We're done now though with the updates." And all the backers are like deer in the headlights/fish out of water, realizing that what they have really is everything and dreams.txt really was just fabrication to spend more money. :)

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Alot posted:

Hi everyone, long-time lurker from the Frontier thread here who's finally registering now it's once again morally defensible to do so... well, as much as it ever is.

yo a new person!
you must be pretty dead and gay to register here. but thats okay.

please enrich this thread with your technical knowledge unlike those lazy posts from people like:

- me
- kosumo
- colostomy bag

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TI(D)L about sampling technique

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

:reddit: If funding was so heavily dependent on ship buyers purchasing fleets and multiple game package accounts why is it that funding didn't drop off a cliff when ships could be earned in the game with in-game currency?

:psyduck:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Checkmate, cuntiflas goonie. You're dismissed. :smug:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

In The Agents game spaceship romance is sensual and erotic.

But really in Star Citizen everybody is just taken up the rear end and hosed raw and without lubrication because that is the CIG way. And don't forget to say thank you sir may I have some more as you cough up for another Idiris that is rock hard and ready to take you for another ride through pain-town.

Note: Pain-town is only a place in Star Citizen lore, where they are currently prepping for the holiday of "buy more poo poo you filthy plebs" which is a play off of modern day Christmas, except instead of actual gifts you only receive a YouTube video of next years stuff that is already punching above the weight of the stuff you just bought and also doesn't exist. Pain-town cannot actually be visited. All fucks are only in lore also. You don't actually get any pleasure, and the only pain you feel is financial and also the embarrassment of spending more money on nothing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

quote:

Am I the only one who kinda enjoys prison? Both from a gameplay perspective (once you know how to navigate and avoid some of the more egregious bugs like the multitool one) but also from a game design concept?

I dunno, it's meditative to just roam down dark caves, looking for rocks, or doing o2 missions. It's the one aspect of the game that is confined and the least overwhelming. It's a nice change of pace.

Also, the fact that you are legitimately punished in game for breaking the rules within the game is something I wish more devs did. Even for single player sandboxes like TES

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Rotten Red Rod posted:

How dare you downplay this never-before-seen experience in video gaming technology. I am blown away, much like the guy in that video, by this stuff that only CIG is ushering in to gaming!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

God dammit don't make me keep re writing this loving game

Had to change the intro because it was fuckin boring, changed to unity since renpy was poo poo when it came to implementing combat (which i added because a choose your own CIG adventure was boring as gently caress), and then my artists have walked away with at least 600 bux without giving me any usables

Basically I am speed running star citizen development and should be done by year 6

This reminds me I still owe you a dressed version of that one thing at some point, but I guess I don't even know more if you're at style has changed completely at this point.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
The real reason that guy enjoys the prison experience is read between the lines. It's not that he has a thing for prisons (though he might), it's that prison has the only thing close to a gameplay loop he can understand.

"Oh so I go here and I have to do this. Ok!"

If the rest of the game was more of a game and had tutorials that made sense (maybe don't tell people how to do sneak kill takedowns in your non-combat hotel?) people might have more fun. They're literally begging for content and attaching to anything that even slightly resembles a gameplay loop, even if it has problems they still need to avoid.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

My gutter mind sees this picture and too many things come to mind but I will not write any of them because I only want to sink the thread so low in my thoughts and content and not upset all the innocents that might stumble upon it.

I am a shining star of goodness and wholesome purity. :)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

This reminds me I still owe you a dressed version of that one thing at some point, but I guess I don't even know more if you're at style has changed completely at this point.
my style is basically "please dear god give me artists that actually respond to emails and just dont walk with hundreds of dollars"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

my style is basically "please dear god give me artists that actually respond to emails and just dont walk with hundreds of dollars"

This is exactly why I don't like to take money for art. If I poof on you you won't be upset and feel cheated, and if I did something you like it is a free bonus with no strings attached. :)

I'll have to check my email again to see if you sent anything, it's usually flooded with a million spam and junk mails so genuine stuff is usually lost immediately in the filth.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

This is exactly why I don't like to take money for art. If I poof on you you won't be upset and feel cheated, and if I did something you like it is a free bonus with no strings attached. :)

I'll have to check my email again to see if you sent anything, it's usually flooded with a million spam and junk mails so genuine stuff is usually lost immediately in the filth.
I'm worse than a loving grandpa, I rarely check emails and barely do a goddamn thing nowadays besides trying not to die of liver failure and learning how to do a unity thing, ssms, power bi and hoping my marriage doesn't collapse like star citizen in 90 days tops

its also why I pay people money so they actually feel obligated to do things, although I guess they can take the money and just run the gently caress off or whatever

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Sunswipe posted:

I missed the strangling thing, what's that all about? And how do you strangle a thumb?

Who’s the genius that coined the whole “Chris looks like a thumb” joke? I laugh every time I see a picture of him because of that dumb insult.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

So to summarise: game development is hard.
Where is the roadmap to the roadmap to the kanban board to the scrum?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

I'm worse than a loving grandpa, I rarely check emails and barely do a goddamn thing nowadays besides trying not to die of liver failure and learning how to do a unity thing, ssms, power bi and hoping my marriage doesn't collapse like star citizen in 90 days tops

its also why I pay people money so they actually feel obligated to do things, although I guess they can take the money and just run the gently caress off or whatever

Yes they can. They are practicing good techniques as mastered by Chris roberts when it comes to money collection vs delivery obligations. They have likely absolved themselves of any responsibility. :)

I have been working in Unreal a lot on a secret project. :)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Inacio posted:

Star Citizen: I'm not a game developer, but

The irony here is the "not game developer but" is actually exactly right and is trying to issue caution, not hype

quote:

I'm not a game developer, but from everything I know there's no such thing as a "fast patch". Even the most mundane things can require Herculean feats to implement. If it was that easy i'm sure they would have done so by now.

He's making a valid point lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

So to summarise: game development is hard.
Where is the roadmap to the roadmap to the kanban board to the scrum?
please direct all questions to my lawyer, ortwin freyermuth

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I have been working in Unreal a lot on a secret project. :)
if you come out with Love Pledge 2 before I can wrench the original game from my rear end in a top hat, I applaud you

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I saw a report about a name change what's the deal who wants what now

Make Beet thread IK!

It’s all he’s ever wanted.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

if you come out with Love Pledge 2 before I can wrench the original game from my rear end in a top hat, I applaud you

This is kind of how it goes. I assure you though, it will punch above its weight.

But hey, maybe we can just work on these simultaneously? I hear this is what most indie studios do these days.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I demand to become moderator of another forum just so I can abandon my duties in like 3 hours and get nearly instantly replaced

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

The reddit post with the 750K backers count was deleted. Seems to also have disappeared from Spectrum.

All it took was a couple game press articles about it.

Check mate.

e:

Complainer:

quote:

mktentwitch
edited 2 hours ago
UPDATE: After repeated requests to remove my data, NightNord has gotten nasty over PM's, hence the update to his post below. I have reported this mishandling of my personal data to Github, the mods, and CIG who really should plug the hole in Spectrum.

TL:DR - I'm not happy that my in-game handle is being published alongside how much I've spent... people I know can now see how much money I have put into Star Citizen. That's my personal information and while CIG did a bad by leaking it, NightNord should not be compounding the issue here.

ORIGINAL POST: While I'm aware this data can be freely scraped, you've presented it in such a fashion that the boss can easily find out I have a concierge level account. This is a particular arse pain that I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

@NightNord - please can you treat this as a formal request to remove my accounts from your database? I can list them off in a separate private message.

Author:

quote:

NightNord
edited 3 hours ago
UPDATE: For others: the guy is a troll. I've suggested him to just add a rename for his handle in the DB in private, but of course he backpedaled and started asking for even more stuff. This is just a public drama to try to setup the doxxing accusation

you've presented it in such a fashion that the boss can easily find out I have a concierge level account

Ehm? A quick google search reveals you have one :) (talking about concierge chat). How would your boss know your in-game handle, but not your reddit account? :)

In either case - the database is on git, so to remove anyone I would have to rewrite the history and deal with all the issues that come from that, not to mention to augment the script so it won't fetch you again. And all that for something that can be manually fetched by anyone because I am releasing scripts

Not to mention, that this whoever won't even need to run the script, but just look through whatever it is doing and just poke your account specifically and see what roles you have. Even if your boss (is that a euphemism for wife?) is completely technically illiterate, but vengeful enough to actually go such lengths as checking your account, they can ask someone to do so

I would suggest you to talk to CIG about this whole ordeal and ask them to plug the issue that exposes that information instead. If they do so, I'll take down the entire database and keep only the summary spreadsheet (although again - the birdie is out, there is at least a dozen clones of the repo by now)

Sorry, but agreeing to that will mean that I have to develop a generic solution and then grant that request to anyone, not just you, for basically a chance that whoever is looking is just lazy enough to not just fetch the data themselves. That's not how security works - if you want your private data to be secure (rightfully so), please poke the CIG - they had a month to fix it, apparently they do need some encouragement

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 21, 2020

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MedicineHut posted:

The reddit post with the 750K backers count was deleted. Seems to also have disappeared from Spectrum.

All it took was a couple game press articles about it.

Check mate.

It's almost like somebody doesn't want all these things that don't add up to logical people to be well hidden.

Just assume that every day like 20 people are buying an Idiris for their favorite game, never logging into spectrum or talking about their stuff on Reddit or trying to be involved in the game community they just sunk a small fortune into.... and you know that's ok.

Sometimes I too like to just catch money on fire and cook marshmallows over the open flame, and this is just how the world is with video game donations. :)

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

The Titanic posted:

It's almost like somebody doesn't want all these things that don't add up to logical people to be well hidden.

Just assume that every day like 20 people are buying an Idiris for their favorite game, never logging into spectrum or talking about their stuff on Reddit or trying to be involved in the game community they just sunk a small fortune into.... and you know that's ok.

Sometimes I too like to just catch money on fire and cook marshmallows over the open flame, and this is just how the world is with video game donations. :)

Has CIG gotten off their asses and actually fixed the security flaw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

While CIG is masturbating over stopping and restarting npc convos here is 2077 slacking off as usual:

https://youtu.be/uFIxiz0jwRE