Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

tuo posted:

That's normal, don't give up. It's the point where imo the game overwhelmes you and doesn't explain much. Just keep going.

Nah, ain't going to give up.

Besides, I already an Idris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/cig_donna/status/1322123157336182784

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
The alpha inflection point approaches!

:reddit: 'Self-Made Tech, Gameplay & Content Progress and Priority Timeline'

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

That HUD looks awful, why is it so busy? There is just random dots and numbers all over the place. A HUD doesn't need to display every piece of possible information, it's supposed to be a concise easy to ready display that you can glance at in combat.

EDIT:
Why are there so many random dots and lines that appear to serve no purpose??

First, we must ask what the bossman sees every day...

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Pixelate posted:

Did you know??? Timeline.gif is actually a jpg?????

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Popete posted:

That HUD looks awful, why is it so busy? There is just random dots and numbers all over the place. A HUD doesn't need to display every piece of possible information, it's supposed to be a concise easy to ready display that you can glance at in combat.

EDIT:
Why are there so many random dots and lines that appear to serve no purpose??

Alright! This really deserves a lot of praise posted:

Best ISC. Hands down.

Finally progress on ship functionality rather than just more locations or visual effects, or QoL changes.
This was truly amazing.

The new AEGIS HUD doesn't just look great, It actually brings new (And REALLY needed) navigation tools. A compass, Indicated Altitude (As opposed to what we have right now: TRUE altitude), and even a general mapping of the terrain bellow. Dude! Now THIS... This right here is the stuff that puts a smile to my face.

And let's not even get started on the piece the resistance: The new Resource/power management system. Even if it's just a prototype... I ... FREAKING... LOVE it.
I absolutely love the concept and can't wait to see this applied to all our ships.

Oh and yes! Disco Lando... This year's Halloween special was SUPER cringy as well. But I had a good laugh. So thanks for going through it :slightly_smiling_face:

Amazing episode. Truly. We really needed that after the depressing roadmap update from last week.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

no_recall posted:

Lets do a year end raffle for the inevitable upcoming poo poo sale since there's no shitizen's conned. Prizes will be a copy of cyperpunk'ed + 2x humble monthlies cause this thread has given me a lot of entertainment this year.

Please note : You must have a Platinum Account with PM's turned ON to receive the reward.

e: I'm half drunk and its the afternoon here, the event is still drat far away, I will repost with the start date when we're closer to IAE 2950.

!raffle

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1321921782702436352
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1321987426261241858
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1321987864280723457

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

no_recall posted:

Lets do a year end raffle for the inevitable upcoming poo poo sale since there's no shitizen's conned. Prizes will be a copy of cyperpunk'ed + 2x humble monthlies cause this thread has given me a lot of entertainment this year.

Please note : You must have a Platinum Account with PM's turned ON to receive the reward.

e: I'm half drunk and its the afternoon here, the event is still drat far away, I will repost with the start date when we're closer to IAE 2950.

$16Million US

Spite Pledging in full effect.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/pWhuXWq.mp4

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
gently caress you jared. gently caress you

your team hates you, no one thinks you're cute. everyone talks poo poo about how loving stupid and inept you are, some right to your loving dumb face and you just smile thinking its all part of some college hazing ritual or whatever

gently caress you, you moron

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Does he think he just won an Emmy?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Space Marshal: $5000+

This totally snuck up on me. I just wanted a halloween helmet posted:

quote:

Welcome fellow Space Marshal! Every penny I've spent on this game came from my side hustle so it's been guilt free for me. Every time I want a ship I just do a few extra hours of work. 😆

quote:

Thanks, I wonder if there’s a Space Marshal org. Sounds like a good plan on the side hustle, I probably should’ve done that.

quote:

Welcome fellow Space Marshall!

There are several Org's for Concierge.. check out the High Five Club, there is one Concierge Organisation which is invite only. You need two current members to recommend you for that one... make the right noises in the right places and 'someone' will discreetly tap you on the shoulder.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jared's backpatting here seems weird until you realize the ISC videos are the closest thing anyone at CIG will ever get to making a finished product

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

gently caress you jared. gently caress you

your team hates you, no one thinks you're cute. everyone talks poo poo about how loving stupid and inept you are, some right to your loving dumb face and you just smile thinking its all part of some college hazing ritual or whatever

gently caress you, you moron

Based on his last few months of posts I'm like 80% convinced he's on the way out the door, except- where could he possibly go? "I was a minor league baseball team hotdog vendor and then I made marketing videos for Star Citizen" is difficult to fail upwards from, even for a smug middle-aged white dude.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Has Mark Hamill tweeted anything related to SQ76, the game he stars in and is coming this year by a bear near you?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pixelate posted:

What do you haters have to say to this? Just look at those lines going up in an unspecified future timeframe.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

akkristor posted:

Picture gone. Can you repost?

Sorry, it was taken from reddit. Let me see if I can reproduce it.

1)

2)

3)

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Pixelate posted:

2030 launch is it then?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AbstractNapper posted:

Has Mark Hamill tweeted anything related to SQ76, the game he stars in and is coming this year by a bear near you?

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1321922251629883392
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1321967061690535936

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Flannelette posted:

2030 launch is it then?

Added some scales to help clarify this chart.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

Based on his last few months of posts I'm like 80% convinced he's on the way out the door, except- where could he possibly go? "I was a minor league baseball team hotdog vendor and then I made marketing videos for Star Citizen" is difficult to fail upwards from, even for a smug middle-aged white dude.

Yeah there’s definitely an undercurrent of melancholy in his posts. I think he knows the score and that CIG’s days are numbered, and he’s just trying to ride this mess for all its worth. Making embarrassing videos for an audience of ~40k game dad simps about a stillborn MMO is the peak of his career. He has no useful talents or skills. When it all finally ends and Chris fucks off to a gilded retirement in the Cayman Islands, Lando will resume his rightful place behind the key making counter at Lowe’s.

I feel for him in a way, but he’s such a smarmy little twerp that it’s hard to have much sympathy for him.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 30, 2020

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Flannelette posted:

2030 launch is it then?

It's a tier-0 chart. If you pledge more, they will add estimated dates change the line colors as many times as you like.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Reading his Emmy award winning speech, I'm reminded of the size of the community/marketing team. Like everything in this project, it's stupidly bloated. I can't help but wonder how many actual developers could be afforded with that money.

But they have to keep pampering the whales and issuing these constant non-updates, and those have a cost.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Jared is right, though. Literally no other game studio would allow him to do that. Or anything else, at all.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Edit: already posted; never mind

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol loving crobbo with more idiocy...throwing out demon souls without understanding why the death mechanics work so well in those games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BeLX0DgRC8

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the "big news" is that after 8 years they are finally getting around to begin the process of creating the tier 0 part of their core mechanic death of a spaceman

like they literally say that. lol

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Pixelate posted:

ftfy

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

lol loving crobbo with more idiocy...throwing out demon souls without understanding why the death mechanics work so well in those games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BeLX0DgRC8

Dark Souls is the one where if you go to blight town and die, they throw you in poison jail and you have to grind rats for 16 real-time hours or else just quit playing for the day, right?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
so now you'll have hospitals, and a doctor/nurse profession, and when you get your leg broken you need to limp or get dragged or put on a gurney and wait for a doctor to help you, but maybe if you are too damaged you will clone your DNA, and they will clone you and the clone process could fail and you could be missing eyes or limbs

there is also now an inheritance tax? and it resets all your reputations kinda and you'll have to grind a lot of missions again and you might lose access to some ships or whatever dumb poo poo. also your body drops all of your weapons/ammo/loot/credits and anyone can loot you

this is a griefers wet fuckin dream lol

edit: also you only get a certain number of deaths?? account wide and they keep getting more and more expensive every time to create a new character. lol

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It's even worse...not only does he have no clue what demons souls, dark souls etc. is (he obviously never played them), he only uses demon's souls because it's a PS5 title soon launching. He has no idea what soulsbornes are....this is so pathetic

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Dark Souls is the one where if you go to blight town and die, they throw you in poison jail and you have to grind rats for 16 real-time hours or else just quit playing for the day, right?

Yes and no (IIRC the only "prison" in soulsbornes is in bloodborne with the bagmen, but someone correct me please, I never finished DS3 or it's DLCs)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lando giving an Oscar speech for his video game marketing video is hilarious, and even more so because he tips his hat to Ben , infamous for being a huge piece of poo poo that had to be quietly shipped up-state to a farm so he wouldn't have any notable role on the project anymore.

This entire thing really does deserve a book written about it once the dust is cleared

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sarsapariller posted:

It's the one where the death mechanics are extremely well thought out and incorporated into the gameplay such that death no longer becomes a frustrating failure, but an expected part of the process of learning a level, and results in eventual victories being incredibly fulfilling.

It's not for everyone, and that's fine - I need to be in a certain mindset to enjoy a Soulsborne game, it takes a lot of mental dedication. But just minimizing it to "grinding for hours to get better" is, well, wrong.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
two to three years before the first system of this come online btw

straight from crobbers

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

early days

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

TheAgent posted:

so now you'll have hospitals, and a doctor/nurse profession, and when you get your leg broken you need to limp or get dragged or put on a gurney and wait for a doctor to help you, but maybe if you are too damaged you will clone your DNA, and they will clone you and the clone process could fail and you could be missing eyes or limbs

there is also now an inheritance tax? and it resets all your reputations kinda and you'll have to grind a lot of missions again and you might lose access to some ships or whatever dumb poo poo. also your body drops all of your weapons/ammo/loot/credits and anyone can loot you

this is a griefers wet fuckin dream lol

edit: also you only get a certain number of deaths?? account wide and they keep getting more and more expensive every time to create a new character. lol

Uncanny. I honestly can't tell if you're making this up for a laugh or transcribing the video above :psyduck:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

two to three years before the first system of this come online btw

straight from crobbers

None of this is ever happening and everyone knows that. Same as every other time Chris is like "Hey let's make it so that if the player steps on the wrong tile on this floor, we come to their house and gently caress their mother in front of them, that's a good challenge for gamers to heighten tension, I played a video game once" and all the devs bob their heads like "Oh good idea sir!" and then go back to making exactly the same FPS mechanics as every other game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Here comes the desperation, they're trying to stuff the Idris back into the game. Last time they tried this it was a spectacular failure: