Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Mellow_ posted:

dang thats bad
I know right? just think how many idrises (idrisii?) that could have bought you. smh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kosumo posted:

Plot twist.

Tophat/Monocle Cat is Derek Smart.

Tbh, it does exhibit shades of Smart.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Mellow_ posted:

dang thats bad

We can give you a faux Roman title, if you like.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Spendicus Maximus

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

One of the results from DALL-E generating a image from "Star Citizen cat tax"

Pledge now for only $500! It punches above it's weight!

Edit: As long as I'm posting AI generated images, here's "The fourth Stimpire" from Wombo:

Viscous Soda fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 27, 2022

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Popete posted:

Spendicus Maximus

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/fjOmtW0.mp4

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Contemplate with nice thoughts and utterances.

Viscous Soda posted:

One of the results from DALL-E generating a image from "Star Citizen cat tax"

Pledge now for only $500! It punches above it's weight!

Edit: As long as I'm posting AI generated images, here's "The fourth Stimpire" from Wombo:

Ohh, those are beautiful.

What a nice, red dream!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

So the game is out and everyone is flying now right

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Mellow_ posted:

dang thats bad

See? Thats what monocle cat meant.
You spend this money on all these games you never play or, at best, on games that you might finish in a dozen hours or so. And, pray tell, what happens once they're over? Nothing!
Had you spent invested in SC you'd have tons of ships to play around with, made tons of friends, posted several times fake whining on how much you've spent while boasting your new concierge certificate and, having spent invested close to 20k you could even have criticized* the project a bit every now and then.

*provided you open with "I love this game, CIG can take all the time they need and I've invested tons of money in this but..." otherwise it's a ban for you!

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 27, 2022

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Mellow_ posted:

dang thats bad

Haha, jokes on you, none of those games are the best dam space sim ever (BDSSE)!

What a loser with all you hours of playing other games and enjoying them.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Catching up with thread after traveling for work and forgetting about Star Citizen for a while, and it's like absolutely nothing changed other than Chris somehow raking in even more money while showing even less progress on the game. It's like CIG is orbiting a black hole and time moves for them at a fraction of our rate. I can't wait for 2032 when Pyro is almost finished, and the max sever population increases to 55.

I'm getting a good laugh out of Chris' latest letter that was totally written by him and not 3 or 4 other people in an email chain and then bashed together by Jared.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 27, 2022

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
Has anyone tried telling monocle cat “shut the gently caress up comma nerd” yet? For all we know it’s the secret to ending the curse.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Mellow_ posted:

dang thats bad

What's your DPH tho (dollars per hour)? Get hours here. I'm at about 65 cents paid per hour played.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Yesterday I found out my brother is a star citizen

Lmao

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheAgent posted:

Lmao

I’m so sorry to hear that

Condolences

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

TheAgent posted:

Lmao

Imagine when he finds out who you are!

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

IT ISN'T FOR CASH OR LONG TERM INSURANCE posted:

Ships are introduced to enrich the game.

CIG has been making good money and having good growth for a while now. There is no desperate grabbing for cash going on. Potential backers are often reassured that buying the game is enough and assets can be bought in game with game currency.

And LTI tokens are a strange made up idea. Go for it if that brings you joy, but understand that CIG have repeatedly said insurance won't be much of an expense compared to other costs like fuel, repairs, and munitions.

Enrich the game...sure...

:lol:

Also The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Star Citizen: There is no desperate grabbing for cash going on

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

FishMcCool posted:

Imagine when he finds out who you are!

He's like half my age and doesn't know any of the star citizen drama. Didn't even know who Derek was lol

He goes on with his org and role plays as 16th century pirates or something. He's got a starter package from the kickstarter and his org mates by him stuff and give him creds

I told him he needs to start streaming because he could make a shitload of money from idiots

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

"Everything is completely normal" I say, while explicitly describing how fundamental parts of the game are being DESIGNED in year 10 of development. "If these drat FUDsters would just read the roadmap they would understand."

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Popete posted:

lol who reads this dudes posts?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

what "stealth" looks like in SC

https://v.redd.it/6hdypnw3nz191/DASH_720.mp4

commando posted:

No offense but with that A.I. you could do that mission with a pillow.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

TheAgent posted:

He's like half my age and doesn't know any of the star citizen drama. Didn't even know who Derek was lol

He goes on with his org and role plays as 16th century pirates or something. He's got a starter package from the kickstarter and his org mates by him stuff and give him creds

I told him he needs to start streaming because he could make a shitload of money from idiots

When you say buy him stuff, are we talking little things or Ship Gifts? I gotta know.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mirificus posted:

not CIG, the individual players get more and more 'game' for the same initial outlay as the years go by.

the 'game' according to whales:

https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1527717301562183680

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hyedum posted:

Has anyone tried telling monocle cat “shut the gently caress up comma nerd” yet? For all we know it’s the secret to ending the curse.

he would probably reply with a wall of text that dwarves war and piece, so this can backfire.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bumble He posted:

he would probably reply with a wall of text that dwarves war and piece, so this can backfire.

Wouldn't that be the greatest outcome?
Finally something to rival stimpire.txt

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

drat that looks so cheap and reminiscent of early 2000's failed MMO attempts.

DGP Space Lion
Oct 10, 2012

Welcome to Goa, Singham
Saw this today and thought of this thread

https://twitter.com/grumpygamer/status/1529900772107816960

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

If game development gets more complicated every 30 years, CIG have already burned 1/3 of their development window.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Holy poo poo, these "ED refugees" posts are getting more and more ridiculous.

":reddit: New player, migrated from Elite" posted:

I wasted hundreds of hours on underpaying missions, crap nonsense fetcher gating good ships, and the worst paying mining.

I'm blown away with Star Citizen. I feel like my time is being valued. The mining pays well, and there's no nonsense. Affording the parts let's you equip them. Such obvious functionality, can't believe how much time I wasted on Elite.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Imagine having super future armor with lights and lasers and it has a head up display and is like 4 inches thick all around your body and it's like multiple plate armors together except made of super future metals that are mostly indestructible...

And some dude kills you with a knife.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Paid, sock or real? Who is to tell! Or care!

Seems disingenuous nonetheless.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This looks like a low budget Batman game with like guys trying to be the penguin.

And it looks real low budget. This is definitely a disappointing star citizen screenshot.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

If you play 100's of hours of any video game you shouldn't be allowed to speak negatively of it or give it a bad review.

Of course it's going to be boring to you at that point. But if it kept you there for that long, you got more than your moneys worth and had fun no matter what your late-game opinion is after playing that long.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That's dumb. Games like E:D receive content updates and patches over time so the kind of experience players have with the games can change for the better or worse.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

I think this person might have never played ED.

You can make tens to hundreds of millions credits per hour mining in ED. The real grinds in ED are not credits. And blowing up asteroids while deep core mining is actually fun compared to SC's mining.

How is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZh1GgJMry8&t=260s

More fun than this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtIsr6WjhXI&t=71s

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 27, 2022

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

lol hell yeah

Muscle Tracer posted:

What's your DPH tho (dollars per hour)? Get hours here. I'm at about 65 cents paid per hour played.

This site keeps erroring when I plug in my account so... that could be bad.

Mellow_ fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 27, 2022

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I'm guessing the thread already laughed at this but the Earth2 CEO accusing paid opposition of undermining their game harkens back to the good ole Star Citizen days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejv8FatWa3c

Then Chris Roberts Earth2 moving the goalposts by shouting 'YOU DIDN'T MATCH OUR FIDELITY' cracked me up.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

The Titanic posted:

If you play 100's of hours of any video game you shouldn't be allowed to speak negatively of it or give it a bad review.

Of course it's going to be boring to you at that point. But if it kept you there for that long, you got more than your moneys worth and had fun no matter what your late-game opinion is after playing that long.

Also E:D is almost 10 years old. It can soon be considered a retro game. It's a wonder it's alive at all given how bad :frontear: is with supporting it. I had hundreds of hours of fun with it years ago, but I don't think there's that many people who claim that it's the be-all and end-all of space games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Elder Scrolls style stealth is at least *workable*