Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

TheAgent posted:

jesus christ why is andrew watson in a full on fursuit

Don't kink shame bro

https://twitter.com/EricSolum123/status/844100051987128320?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dooguk posted:

You are not the real Throatse. Where is the cute animal gif?

I am Derek Smart, and so can you!

https://i.imgur.com/XJu4zKN.mp4

fuk u hosted image deleters! :argh:

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 12, 2020

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

I'm glad after 5 years of posting this poo poo I'm finally getting qanon level people thinking I'm some kind of super insider dev and not some fat loving idiot that gets a bunch of fakey bullshit emails and posts them to a dead comedy forum
How the gently caress can anyone doubt this is Erin? Unless... it's Chris. :aaaaa:

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Oh it is you. Apologies.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

TheAgent posted:

They want the world to know their true fursona

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Strangler 42 posted:

They're still trying to find a way to lie to the backers without lying to the investors.

Too true. And it turns out, even with a world class BS machine like Chris, it’s pretty hard!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Space games, I've made a few
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And nothing more, but by extension
I fleeced each eager nerd
And may I say, not in a shy way
But less, much less than this
I scammed them my way

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Ol' red eyes.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Sunswipe posted:

I thought everyone knew The Agent was Erin Roberts?

No, that was EightAce.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
reading a post where a guy complains that sitting doing nothing while quantum traveling is boring. some of the responses are really :psyduck:-ing me out for some weird reason

quote:

There are time sinks planned while in QT:

- Engineering tasks (Checking your comps, power, life support, etc...)
- Taking care of your character (With I cache, you will be able to store food and water and use this time to eat and drink in your ship). With other things coming like taking a shower and using the bathroom etc...
- Manage your inventory: With Icache, no more magic inventory, you need to manage what you wear and what you store on your ship.
- Recreational activities: Playing pool, cards, Sim pods, etc...

Obviously the intent isn't for you to AFK while in QT. Icache should open up some of these features.

One thing I wish they would add is an In-game radio station(s). (An NPC in the verse having a broadcast to play music or even doing fictional lore interviews). Something like would really help during long travels.

ah yes. this long period of inactivity will no longer be boring because i can press a button to make sure a screen is still green. plus i can press another button to get a water from the fridge and press another button to drink it so I don't die. Ooops! can't forget about pressing several buttons to make my dude drop a duce while I'm waiting. poo poo, am i wearing the same socks i was wearing yesterday? gotta remember to buy more socks at the loving space walmart. and maybe i can play pool with my crew when they're also not making GBS threads out of boredom. because that isn't one thing we'll try once and never touch again. and i'm sure that the physics model which cannot handle humans and ships flitting through space will absolutely be able to recreate a perfectly fidelicious billiards mechanic that will be as engaging as a real game of pool. in fact, why am i playing a video game when i could just be playing pool!

Squiddite
Apr 15, 2001
Loligo vos omnes odet.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

ah yes. this long period of inactivity will no longer be boring because i can press a button to make sure a screen is still green. plus i can press another button to get a water from the fridge and press another button to drink it so I don't die. Ooops! can't forget about pressing several buttons to make my dude drop a duce while I'm waiting. poo poo, am i wearing the same socks i was wearing yesterday? gotta remember to buy more socks at the loving space walmart. and maybe i can play pool with my crew when they're also not making GBS threads out of boredom. because that isn't one thing we'll try once and never touch again. and i'm sure that the physics model which cannot handle humans and ships flitting through space will absolutely be able to recreate a perfectly fidelicious billiards mechanic that will be as engaging as a real game of pool. in fact, why am i playing a video game when i could just be playing pool!

eagerly awaiting controlling the hands scrubbing my spaceman during my tenth shower of the day while listening to doppler-shifted news talk radio as i traverse a star system at .2c on a mission to courier data between moons in chris roberts's gritty hard sci-fi universe where information doesn't travel faster than the speed of light

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
"There are time sinks planned" sums up Star Citizen pretty well.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
parp

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CIG does something I can support fully! :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Can't wait for icache so I can check inventory for the 20 minutes I travel through the boredom of space.

But then what will I do on the five minute train rides? :ohdear:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Peepers posted:

Known issues, here's a list:
Line second needs a twist.
We would fix it,
But must nix it,
'Cause that dev broke his wrist.

:v:

:five:

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Strangler 42 posted:

They're still trying to find a way to lie to the backers without lying to the investors. They can't tell the backers "we're almost there guys!" without the investors saying "I heard you say you're almost there, is that true?". Right now it's time for Operation: Kick the Can Down the Road

More like operation hold the can .... you see there has been issues with locating roads to kick the can down. The main problem being is they lost the road map and now cannot develop a new road map without a road map .... its a dilly of a pickle there in.

early days

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Delayed SQ42 trailer. Delayed trailer explaining delayed SQ42 trailer. Delayed roadmap. Delayed roadmap to the roadmap. Invisible hot dogs, T-posing NPCs, pink balls, watermelons, no physics, no game.

Star Citizen. Everything but a space game. Everything but a game.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Scruffpuff posted:

Delayed SQ42 trailer. Delayed trailer explaining delayed SQ42 trailer. Delayed roadmap. Delayed roadmap to the roadmap. Invisible hot dogs, T-posing NPCs, pink balls, watermelons, no physics, no game.

Star Citizen. Everything but a space game. Everything but a game.

Burma Shave Buy an Idris

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
I like that the 'roadmap to the roadmap' has infected both spectrum and :reddit:, and more shitizens are seeing the truth.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
That was the straw that broke the sandworm's back.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

BluesShaman posted:

I like that the 'roadmap to the roadmap' has infected both spectrum and :reddit:, and more shitizens are seeing the truth.

BluesShaman posted:

That was the straw that broke the sandworm's back.

Yeah coming out with a vague promise of a roadmap to a roadmap for a game that’s five years late after a year of virtual silence, and only because the backer discontent finally spilled out into the games media, finally broke through a lot of Citizen’s brain disease. “Maybe CIG doesn’t give a poo poo about us the game will never be finished?”

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 12, 2020

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I find this incredibly sad as every one of these good boys and girls will have crossed over the rainbow bridge before Star Citizen comes out. Tweet after tweet over the years of, "Sadly, we've lost our precious [pet name] after [x] years of faithful service o7 See you in the verse."

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
All dogs go to space-dog heaven.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Hummus really is the perfect name for that hummus-colored cat :kimchi:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

ComfyPants posted:

I find this incredibly sad as every one of these good boys and girls will have crossed over the rainbow bridge before Star Citizen comes out. Tweet after tweet over the years of, "Sadly, we've lost our precious [pet name] after [x] years of faithful service o7 See you in the verse."

Yeah furries have a very short life span, especially the pink ones

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

TheAgent posted:

What the gently caress.....

E: like, furry your life away - do your thing. But don’t go throwing yourself in a fur suit in amongst a pile of puppers and not expect people to think you’re not creepy.

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 12, 2020

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah furries have a very short life span, especially the pink ones

Yeah I’m surprised everyone just overlooked this...

“Let me dress up in my finest furry costume and hold my pet snake for this corporate PR Twitter post.”

-A true professional pushing the boundaries of video game technology

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

colonelwest posted:

“Let me dress up in my finest furry costume and hold my pet snake for this corporate PR Twitter post.”

What the fuckin hell.

I had to go back and double check that it wasn't a photoshop.

FFS.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Here's what I think the Star Citizen "Ship Pipeline" is like.

CR : We need a ship.
Designer: What will the ship do?

CR : Ship must sell, must be cool, *opens Netflix and searches for a space movie*. Like this one!
Designer : Sir, but thats....

CR : Doesn't matter, get it done.
Designer: *obviously concerned* will get the team right on it.

Several days pass.

Designer: Initial concepts are done along with some beautiful artwork to go along with the ship launch.
CR : *Furiously shuffles through the papers*. BUT THIS ISN'T COOL ENOUGH. It needs to have more ... things poking out. This doesn't look like a PIRATE SHIP.

Designer: But we follo....
CR : REDESIGN IT NOW.

Designer : Right on it.
Time passes.

Disco : Hello everyone! Welcome to ..... And this week we'll be unveiling our latest ship! AND boy are you in for a treat
Trailer plays.

Money is spent.

Rinse and repeat and you have an infinite money generator!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Space games, I've made a few
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And nothing more, but by extension
I fleeced each eager nerd
And may I say, not in a shy way
But less, much less than this
I scammed them my way

Second verse, second verse, second verse

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

:chloe:

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

colonelwest posted:

I have a creeping feeling that this guy actually lives near me

Squiddite posted:

eagerly awaiting controlling the hands scrubbing my spaceman during my tenth shower of the day while listening to doppler-shifted news talk radio as i traverse a star system at .2c on a mission to courier data between moons in chris roberts's gritty hard sci-fi universe where information doesn't travel faster than the speed of light

Imagine how great it’ll be to wipe your rear end in VR!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

colonelwest posted:

Is that really a costume? It looks like the head part has no holes for eyes or breathing. Maybe it's a huge doll?

Not that the breathing part has stopped the Citizens before (insert self-asphyxiating cos-playing man from last years poo poo Can).

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

ComfyPants posted:

Pretty sure the fursuit of the tools programmer in the third tweet will survive.

E: f, b

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
https://v.redd.it/j96y07dukjg51/DASH_480.mp4

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress, it's Monday again.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

That's rough, dude got sentenced to the underworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Averill Brindle? Come on.