Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Back in jpg business, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Scruffpuff posted:

And this is just Tier-0.

Wait until they branch out to png!

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I took a stab at it:

It seems to me like that is a tier 1 hairy roberts, whereas tier 0 would be a potato and a peach on top of some sand.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Uh actually he prefers con artist.

Pretty sure he has a condition

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Should get CDPR to adopt Answer the call 2077. That way their (ci) time will be limited

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

TheDarkFlame posted:

The best part is the insistence on comparing the games by their scale alone, saying Skyrim would fit in a crater on a single moon and dumb poo poo like that. It fundamentally misunderstands what makes a game.
Skyrim is so big and broad that it's easy to lose direction and abandon what you were doing (the main quest chain, the civil war) so you can galavant around doing more interesting stuff (collecting godly artefacts, becoming a werewolf or an assassin, learning dragon shouts, building a house, basically the entire rest of the game). If you haven't explored enough the game will also routinely generate ambient quests directing you to places you haven't discovered to make you go there and find the real quest waiting in that area.
The setting has dozens of small points of interest like its villages, ruins, caves, most of which have some kind of sidequest or objective, an interesting feature, a purpose for the place to be there and a reason for the player to stop and interact with things. Each village has a handful of NPCs who will have some story and want you to do some minor thing for them, and the towns each have a number of places to investigate and characters to interact with, which will lead to bigger quests and unique rewards. So every area has some kind of content for the player to interact with (mostly through murder).
Any one of those villages has more actual playable content than Star Citizen's ten billion square miles of loving nothing.

It seems to me like you don't understand emergent gameplay development. Have you seen what Rexzilla is able to do with just one crater?

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

eonwe posted:

starting to think star citizen isnt coming out

big if true

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

something will come in two weeks

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

90000 days, tops

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

The company structure of CI, a work by M.Escher

e: doubletaxxe

Hazamuth fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 15, 2019

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Zzr posted:

My guess : she's a relative of someone who's has been lesnicked.

The Lesnick Maneuver

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Dogeh posted:

So it's a shiptease?

When they tease a new jpeg, it is indeed shiptease, but when they tease new gameplay mechanics, it is more akin to scriptease.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

SSOCS off, mesh on.

Now that server side ocs might be coming in near future (lol) it is time to remind backers of the next unreachable god content that will finally make star citizen good.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Zaphod42 posted:

They've got the Peter Molyneux cycle down to a science, and somehow have managed to iterate on the cycle without even having to release a game

"Forget about that last thing, this NEXT thing!"

To be fair, they have talked about server meshing at length before, but it has always been a distant pipe dream, because they needed to do stuff for that. If they are now ready to shift attention to server meshing being in the pipeline soon, I am eager to learn what the NEXT thing us going to be.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I will confess that I've never made it all the way through a shillmunchalot post...

Same, my eyes just glaze over instantly and I wish I was dead

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

But doesn't he car every day to the office with his porsche?

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

It seems like there is a 1/3 chance that Chris just doxxed me

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Star Citizen has been in development long enough that they themselves are getting archered.

e: this taxxe is dedicated to forums poster cat mattress

Hazamuth fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 25, 2019

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Nice!

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Also Denis Dyack is making one...!

Didn't know he has also made a comeback!

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

90 days tops!

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Thank you Bootcha for an informative and funny video! I came late to the party, so some of the stuff was new to me, like seeing that old footage from Wingman's Hangar and other of their shows.

Hazamuth fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 2, 2019

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

big, if true

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

stonetoss is a known nazi cartoonist from the politoons thread.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Thom12255 posted:

Just a matter of building the house (of a 100 systems).

House of the Dying Fun

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

no_recall posted:

ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL ShitizenConned 2019 Raffle!

Top 3 Prizes: a month of Humble Monthly!

SO. Lets get to it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GUESS THE NUMBER ON THE FUNDING TRACKER BY 1st DEC.

GO.

p/s: Please quote this so I don't have an excuse accidentally exclude your participation.

e: Participation closes the minutes before the Con. Nov 23 1PM GMT. (or when the Stream Begins).

$257,024,024

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

So when you take their development pipeline and inspiration into account, Chris made Battlefield 2042.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

The headcount graph is nice as you can see that they have steadily increased their marketing division and there only actually 400 devs. Is this bad for Star Citizen?

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

The incredible shrinking Star Citizen patch!

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Taking into account CI~G's intended audience that might be the first reload animation they have seen since the nineties.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Kosumo posted:

Free Tophat!

I miss tophat

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

UnknownTarget posted:

That's different than what sexpest implies. Would be really interested in knowing what's going on before I leave one forum run by a domestic abuser for another run by rapists.

Go ask around CSPAM thread about lowtax or offsites as they could probably answer. From what I've seen there has been some outright wrong information floating around BnR during this shitshow but I am not really in a position to provide accurate information myself as I only frequent (lurk) some topics around CSPAM. CSPAM has also had actual grievances with moderation and lt before regarding banning of posters, so there is some history there.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Anything new in the land of the lost? Is there a new feature on the horizon that will be a game changer? Also, I need the clip where robberts deletes a line of code. Thanks in advance!

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Sarsapariller posted:

Well obviously you can't just point laser at ship and make number go up in your cargo hold. You need to fidelitously cut apart the ship, with each slice represented in the in-game engine. Every ship will need to be reworked at least 15 times and contain 700 million polygons of hidden detail that no other player except salvagers will ever encounter in order to facilitate this.

Next you will need to design mechanics such that the salvager must painstakingly extract each valuable component in a precise order, with complexity bordering on the absurd and the punishment for any failure being instant death and loss of your ship. Obviously we can't let salvaging break the economy, and the economy doesn't make any loving sense, so the salvaged components will each be worth 500 credits despite costing 50,000 in the in-game store. Also some components are illegal and if you have them on board you will be flagged as a criminal and put in space jail. That's good game design because it ties two of our systems together.

Oops, another game already did all of that? Well, shelve it forever. Do the laser thing when it becomes legally necessary to put something out, but call it Tier Zero, and make no plans to ever update it.

You think Roberts is aware of Shipbreaker?

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

monkeytek posted:

It's brilliant! With inheritance tax and constant deaths Croberts has figured out how to keep inflation from spiraling out of control. After your 30th death of the day you'll have less than you started with, with nothing to show for it!

I feel like adding inheritance tax would be good way to start building towards space lawyer gameplay, where at first they would just notarise the inheritance proceedings and it would evolve into a system where the space lawyers would be paid so instead of immediately going to prison, a criminal would first have a lengthy trial period where their lawyer pleads their case and tries to convince s pace jury of their clients innocence.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

So if CIG have always done the correct decisions at every point in time, then how come [insert anything that has happened in the last 9 years here]

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Money plane.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

The question is why didn't those same Silicon Valley types handle the initial marketing push? Why showcase a mishmash of store bought assets with seemingly some store bought plugins (trails in the snow)? No meaningful gameplay, just a hint of what the player would be able to do. Ship and the airship look too good to have been done with their building tool and I won't even mention the city with the fireworks and horrible fps.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

I mean, the answer is most likely that I don't know poo poo about game development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

https://store.steampowered.com/app/454120/Starbase/

This just released into EA and I am interested to see if they have managed to realise their concept well enough. It is hella ambitious and if Chris sees this, it will push SC back a decade.