Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
Finally, Tier 1! Here's to thousands more pages of fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Meridian posted:

Excuse me, I notice you are not a platinum member. You won't be able to access the You must be a platinum member to read this text.

[scsecret]It's for protecting my anonymity, my account can't be compromised even if linked to my Reddit work[/scsecret]

e: oh poo poo, hosed up the tags. well, I guess Kazan's scripts have already crawled the thread, so let's hope for the best.

Jim DiGriz fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 6, 2019

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dementropy posted:

My harrowing 8-year journey to catch the horizon.

What a beautiful Freudian slip in the title.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

I was with you until "horrible 80’s hair metal".

Dangerous ground, my friend. They'll tear the MANOWAR out of my cold, dead and perfectly manicured hands.

Watch out, they'll impregnate everything in the room around you through sheer manly aura. Please show anything female the door.

how the gently caress did you go from 'horrible' to Manowar :argh:

two completely different physics grids, or hell, server instances.

SC's ramps only wish they killed like Manowar.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I refuse to believe this isn't some form of advanced parody but lmaoooo

emphasis mine

That reminded me of an old comic, but I had to fine-tune it a bit for the topic

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Torquemada posted:

JUST when we thought we were out, they pull us back in!

There is no way this line is not in SQ42's script verbatim.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer
well it's pre-alpha footage, so this should take at least 10 years still, right? Or 50, if we factor in the funding and manpower differences.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a redditor, originally posted:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Page 890, guys. You know what this means.

Buy an Idris.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

It's a steal.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

$46m web development contracts

Oh, I assume this is where they got desensitized to scam development.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Or you know, people will just go play an actual fun video game instead of mopping floors in your poor financial choice.

you don't believe in trickle down fun?

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

You can get yourself and 199 friends a copy for the price of a single Kraken (Warbond version, fresh money only).

And that's the lovely Kraken, not the one that has a shopping mall.

It's also free in the Epic Store.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

code:
Not ready reading drive C

Never thought I'd need a trigger warning for anything, but this sentence just spiked my heartrate.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nalin posted:

My favorite thing about Star Citizen is how every year, CIG hosts the IAE event where they try to drive up ship sales and release lots of media about how cool the game is now and have a week long free fly where every ship in the game can be rented for free. But they always, always release a super buggy patch for every IAE where all their gameplay systems have tons of usability bugs so everybody new who tries out the game gets a nice, broken experience.

This year was a record. Just about every single activity in the game is annoyingly broken in some way.

Bounty hunting: Unless a server has 10 players, you have to wait 5 minutes until the mission properly progresses so you can get kill credit and not break the mission. The baddy spawns within 15 seconds so you have to play keep-away during that time.

Group bounty: It is almost impossible to finish the certification mission because if one of your three targets is a Hornet (very likely), killing it will cause the ship to glitch and not explode and not count as a kill, which breaks the mission (the ship becomes a floating cockpit in space with no collision mesh).

Claimjumper: The mission never progresses properly so you can't complete it anymore.

ROC mining: Very hard to find rocks that you can mine. Also, the collection beam on the ROC will break and you won't be able to pick up any ore.

Ship mining: Over half of the asteroids you find are not scannable and not mineable, which is incredibly frustrating.

FPS missions: If friendly security kills a pirate, it doesn't count towards your mission and the mission is broken. Pirates spawn once you arrive so chances are security is going to kill one. Also, you will often find one last pirate who decides he doesn't want to leave the spawn closet and breaks the mission.

Box missions: The standard box mission failures where the box is not accepted at the destination. Also, now the game will sometimes ask you to pick up a box in a restricted area and give you trespassing charges for trying to retrieve it.

Cave missions: You can still fall through the cave and die.

Oh, also, jail is broken again and you can't turn in rocks to reduce your sentence. The inventory system is buggy and can delete items. If you run over your own dead body you get a crimestat for homicide.

But it's okay. It's an alpha.

Isn't this the same psychology the Mormons use with their missionaries? People who did not pay so far are not marks, so the free events only serve to widen the gap between them and the true believers. Whales see that the newcomers don't understand how anyone can have faith in this game and it just reinforces their beliefs.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

There is NO GAME that comes close to even a PORTION of what they are accomplishing.

Plenty of big stretches in this thread.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

Is ship seizures possible and how will it work?

I'm pretty sure I've seen some gifs in this thread, but I'm no medical professional

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

It looks like 3 of those are CIG employees, 2 of which didn't finish.

That's loyalty to the company spirit right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FishMcCool posted:

Makes sense to get rid of QA people if S42 is in polishing phase. They would only delay it with their stupid criticism.

The Roberts name is already an assurance of quality, anyways.