Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

jesus christ how broke is your brain if you keep up with and talk about this dumb loving game. and no, you aren't doing it "ironically"

friend you're posting in the games forum

i don't know what you were expecting

we're all brokebrains down here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Ashrik posted:

Well the installer seems normal. Here I go

where you go, we cannot follow

mostly because you're going to crash to your own desktop

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Stevefin posted:

Wait why is this not in the stupid crowd funding place where this belongs?

Because, my friend, we've decided that Star Citizen is no longer a scam, and is the true light of gaming going forward.

Blessed are you, for this day you have seen the coming of our lord and saviour Crobbear

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Popete posted:

I know they had problems in the past with networking issues, especially on the popular hub systems with hundreds of players. Videos of older battles with hundreds of player are basically a slide show.

Eve is a much less demanding game than SC and has been in the works for decades. The thing that kills SC for me is that they have yet to address the 50 player limit and I don't think they will ever be able to truly handle a significant player population.

One of the major things they did to improve performance was to offload everything that was specific to the character but not relevant to the ship/situation to a different server- Eve used to bring the entire character onto a specific star system's node, personal inventory tracking, character sheet, missions and faction relations and all, but they decoupled that from the system simulation and put it on its own server.

Improved performance pretty good.

But it's not FIDELITOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Zzr posted:

Ben is not a two-seater. He targeted for way more a long time ago.

Ben is the original multi-crew ship backer

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

:allears:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

TheAgent posted:

all the poo poo they talk about in that video has already been removed from the roadmaps lol

who the gently caress is in charge of their community outreach lol

bootcha

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bootcha posted:

Reaching out to the community to shake them by the collar and shout "THINGS ARE hosed"

I dunno, things have gone pretty well imo

crobberts got himself all the money he could ever need for the rest of his life

man's got a skill, can't deny that

sixty of those bux are even my kickstarter bux and I hope they went to door physics

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

The Titanic posted:

There is a market for people who have such low moral fiber they can lie to thousands of people without the least amount of concern or conscience.

He'll probably get another job, but it will probably be for another scam where they need to pack in the rows of chairs with heartless people who can still produce convincing content. :shrug:

There's always gacha.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

lol did ol crobbie really say that sand worms were an upcoming feature

it's not lying if he's dumb, i guess?

technically it's even implemented in the form of backer brainworms

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

A Thread Poster posted:

Why thing?

A Tane Poster posted:

Thing because fidelity.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Fuuuuuuuuckkk

Those backers have reached the peak of Star Citizen Actualization- they have Bought An Idris

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Hav posted:

Everything Ci!G does leads to promotion of the ship sales; if they had a super-secret working build, they'd 'leak' it via one of their many promotional channels, such as Kerberos productions carefully managing hype before the release of 'Sword of the Stars II' by using the useful vloggers and other credible and hungry plonkers.

Being reminded of SotS2 is unpleasant and bad, especially since I had a friend at PDX saying "temper your expectations" but I didn't listen :negative:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SoftNum posted:

Can you like, jump out of the pilots seat, then run to a gun and shootymans something?

probably not, aren't there ramps on the way to the guns?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Pyswagoras posted:

Star Citizen is reducing his carbon footprint. Game is good?

unfortunately that's counterbalanced by the enormous amount of methane created by the CI-not-G boardroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

The Titanic posted:

You could even ask yourself "what is Star Citizen?"

it's a scam, jim