Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJqDPaf31Gw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The problem Sandi has is she very blatantly used Star Citizen as a way to get in front of cameras, then flaunted the 'film roles' she did manage to get and then got the fuuuuck away from the nerds as quickly as possible and vanished as soon as she was finished with them and didn't need the project anymore, in such an in your face way you'd have to be even dumber than Tojal not to notice it.
The nerds were properly sucked dry by her, used by her and then dropped by her at the very first opportunity, it's probably the thing I like most about her, amongst a few other really excellent slight of hand things she's done. I have always been on Team Sandi and still am, she fuckin rocks.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Thom12255 posted:

She definitely still needs the project, she wasn't able to start 'acting' regularly again until they got this income source.

Oh yeah, she'll mercilessly dip in and out as she needs to, it's awesome

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:lol: ordered in July, this arrived today

Is Star Citizen not poo poo yet?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

Is that threadripper? cuz if not then you get bad fps, it's alpha!

No Ryzen 3900, I have the bluest of balls cos I still have to wait for my GPU to arrive before I can do the build :negative:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

Also stop hacking config file

This, I cannot do sadly.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I can see my post, stop doxxxxxing me :carol:

Everyday I'm doxxing

Stars End looks like garbage, it's only like £15, I mean pffffffffffffffffffffffffft that's like a tenth of a jpeg, loving amateurs

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Confession time: Sometimes when I have done working for the day I like to have a coffee and read the VAC forums on Steam, it guarantees a little laugh to end the day on.
BANNed ON CSGo FRO NO REWASON

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

VAC ban excuse of the day posted:

I want you to remove the ban from me because; I have enabled the cheat because of the kids that you could not prevent, never tried to hide it and I did not use it because of winning the game but wanted to discourage them...

Finally, you are not helping to decrease cheaters, only making them more professional to cheat... This game is free-2-play now.

I know really well that cheating is the worst thing a player can do, but you need to understand my situation here and act fair.

:laugh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I only cheated to teach the cheaters a lesson you see, furthermore

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Pulsarcat posted:

Hell, If they add a detailed eating rhythm game where you can choke too death if you don't chew your food properly I'll buy two!

You'd need to rely on CI¬Gs servers being able to track your input without lagging, you still up for it?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

PC shop: We can get other GPUs and send that now
Me: Is it black and white?
PC shop: Well, no but
Me: I'll wait then
PC Shop: :v:

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 16, 2019

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ah, so this is what they are placing in your fractured skull.

I wish, it's on the NHS so it's gonna be a Celeron

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

Nice. I picked up a 2700x mere weeks before they got their prices slashed because of the new chips lol. Which GPU are you getting?

Hi sorry for the late reply, I suck at internet at the moment, just busy :(
I am getting an Asus 2080ti for this, mainly for VR and poo poo, looking forward to getting it done now, it's been a rollercoaster of nerdmotions. I got to speak to their buyer about the issues with AMD supplies, it's been a major headache for them getting the faster CPUs, but I am in no real rush :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

That's awesome. I picked up a regular old 2060 on account of being space-poor. It's a fine card and I don't really need anything more powerful since I don't have a VR setup and the most demanding game I play right now is uhhh Destiny 2 but I still look at those shiny 2080 set cards with a little bit of fomo lol.

2060's are awesome, I don't think you're really missing much, I am just a turbonerd. I'll probably buy Battlefield, go 'oooh' at the ray tracing for an hour or so to justify the purchase :v:
I'll be playing Elite, iRacing and my pals are moaning for me to play WoW classic, so yeah, I'm dumb!
A 2060 would nail VR if you ever wanted a Rift :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A grade A plank

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

colonelwest posted:

It depends on the resolution and frame rate you are targeting. Something in the GTX 2060 range (or AMD equivalent) will get you max settings at 1080p and 60fps and is even good for most games at 1440p. A 2070 would be a little more future proof for 1440p. For 4K and/or higher frame rates you’ll need a 2080 or 2080Ti.

Also the new Supers are worth a look imo, but yeah anything 2060 or up will kill it usually

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah I want to get a VR setup at some point but it's about the rock bottom of my priorities list for now. I do like the 2060, and I might stretch for the 2070 when it comes time to upgrade my wife's (borat voice) computer a bit. She's on my old GTX 970 which actually holds its own remarkably well for being ~5 years old. Which begs the question "Well then why did you upgrade to a 2060" to which I can only answer "I'm the kind of person who backs Star Citizen"

also lolling at WoW Classic. I did a couple weeks bouncing between retail and classic and finally realized that until they release WoW: Classic: Wrath of the Lich King: Patch 3.1: Secrets of Ulduar I'm probably just going to be mildly frustrated no matter which version I play

I burnt out in Burning Crusade so never played Wrath at the time, I have such great memories (I was guild leader of 600 people and loved it, but man it was a lot of work) and a lot of the old guys are playing, I'm gonna dip into it, some of them I've known so long - we even did the whole guild meets which were awesome, no one talked about WoW at them, it was just a massive party and people came from all over Europe, really fun times.

Imagine my SC vids but in Wow, I just used to do poo poo like that, organising death plummets from the Shatrah lifts, dumb stuff but funny to me :v:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

I'm not too fussed about all the 4k stuff, 1080p is plenty detailed for my knackard old eyes these days haha, although saying that, I do have other upgrades to do a bit later on down the line and my 1080p monitor is definitely on the 'upgrade soon' list :D Thanks for the excellent advice Colonel, good stuff to think about :)

Thanks Peter, looking at some supers now :) I guess they are the 'Ti' equivilent for the 20** series nv cards. :)

Good shouts gents, I appreciate the help and doff my goonish hat to you. :D

Yup the 2070 super is basically a non Ti 2080, and the prices while still not cheap are good for what you get - 1080p will be a cakewalk for one and 1440p in the future will be fine too :)
Nvidia have sort of shuffled the product line up, so 2070 super is what was a 2080, 2060 super was a 2070 etc, pretty much.

Edit: GPU bottlenecking is a thing though, so hopefully your CPU is goodish

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 17, 2019

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

CPU is a i5 6600k, so if I go for a 2070 super it'll probably bottleneck like a knotted knob, but I'll be changing the CPU, RAM and monitor out in the new year to something a bit more upto date. :)

I'm probably upgrading my pc in totally the wrong order lol :D

There is no wrong order man, it's all good fun!
I usually upgrade every GPU generation and CPU every other generation, but as I said earlier I am a massive nerd for shiny new hardware, it'll be fine with that CPU, you'll be maxing out stuff no problem!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh god I didn't even realize that was what it was parodying, I wasn't following SC when it came out

It even has Commando Bridge or something in it :laugh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
it's me, I am the hand of exile

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

FUD, he clearly said Squadron 54 was releasing next year

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Inacio posted:

people absolutely will click on and watch that video

#squadron56

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well, PC now built, 4 months after ordering the bits :v:
Things ramped up when the GPU pipelines kicked in

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Remember when Chris told us that the scope increase would not slow down development, and in fact it would speed it up instead?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dynastocles posted:

Star Citizen: its fuckin shite :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Joe fuckin blobers

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
literally can not stop giggling at rex dropping star citizen and the community like a burning bag of dogshit at the drop of a hat :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:yarr: OK TROOPS LETS SHOW PEOPLE HOW INTENSE STAR CITIZEN COMBAT IS HOOOO YEAHHHHHH BEST COMMUNITY EVER!!!!!!!
Facebook: :homebrew:
:yarr: C U LATER SHITLORDS HOO YEAHHH!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Kosumo posted:

Did you hack his config file …. ?

HELL YEAH WOOO!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Think about it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Gonna post my story in a bit about mining after dark

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Why you shouldn't Mine on Daymar after dark!
It's poo poo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I 'did the groundwork' at the time and bought what I though might be a cool thing to dick around in in VR, :lol: nope they pulled that poo poo out without telling anyone

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
There are parts of Tomb Raider with RTX and poo poo on that made me stop and stare, really amazing stuff.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well well well look at the cyborg here. On Nvidia's payroll. Modifying .ini files again?

I cannot stop, I am just a hacker at heart I guess!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's me, I am the bagel carrier that has hundreds of people manning me

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Star Citizen: Reality - It's poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011