Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rech
Dec 26, 2011

Heard there was some free fly event available so I thought I'd finally check this game out. Apparently the only thing I can do is spawn in an empty hangar and run in circles. One of them has plus signs stuck in the floor that are missing items maybe.

That's it. There's nothing else to do. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rech
Dec 26, 2011

Since the universe seemed to consist out of 2 empty hangars, I decided to try the other games modes.

Star Marine promised me intense FPS action so I tried that next. The game had generously gifted me a bunch of weapons and armor I could use to build my loadouts. I picked a LMG and decided it was time for some action!

After sitting in that screen for several minutes I gave up only to find out the cancel button doesnt work. Had to open task manager to kill the game. Restarted the game and tried again only to get the same result. Oh well, didnt feel like playing a FPS shooter anyway.

Maybe Arena Commander will work? Immediately I was presented with the option of renting ships. Maybe this is where new players get to try different ships without having to pay real money for them?

Seems like it. Unfortunately I have 0 credits.

Poked around the menus some more and I found it! Free flight!

Is this finally it? Do I get to fly a ship now?

NOPE! (cancel button doesnt work here either)

Eventually I found the single player mode for Arena Commander and I managed to spawn in a ship. Flew through a glowing beam and exploded. After respawning and flying around a bit I decided to try landing on the planet. I collided with a wall in space and the front of my ship fell off.

Not a great experience for a new player.

Rech fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 23, 2020