Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Why isn't there an arrow between "Eat and Drink" and "Pooping?" :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Nothing says hyper-realistic high fidelity space sim like a poorly guarded interplanetary jail speeders get sent to that everyone is constantly escaping from but no one bothers to ever fix.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I know all these wacky walking deaths are bugs, but since I'm never ever going to touch the game and find out why for myself, is there any indication or knowledge about WHAT is actually killing people? Like are their heads clipping out of the geometry and asphyxiating? Are they suddenly taking fall damage? I'm so confused, even from a bug, what could deplete someone's health or oxygen or whatever just from walking.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Edit: already posted; never mind

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Popete posted:

They'll add unique ship names but have to reduce server player count to 30 in order to get it to work.

Don't be ridiculous. A dynamic server will spin up for each letter in the ship's name and seamlessly display across your screen for maximum fidelity.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
It’s the year 3000 and we’ve mastered space travel, but unfortunately we still haven’t figured out how to get more than 5 movies on the android tablet shoved into your seat or develop a machine to automatically measure and pour drinks.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Jonny Shiloh posted:

So... thousands of orbiting players in one server all firing at each other through portholes and watching their spent rounds drop gracefully down through the planet's atmosphere to land on some space poor's head somewhere in Shithole Planetia isn't going to happen now?

:confused:

Store Citizer bad now?

No, you see, Star Citizen is going to be so popular that every shard is going to have a million people on it.

They're PLAYER DENSE.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

How the gently caress do these “realistic travel time” fetishists expect any kind of “emergent gameplay” or indeed any kind of PvP interaction at all to happen if it takes hours to get anywhere?

“Help guys! I’m getting ganked here! Need assistance!”

“OK cool. Heading your way. See you in 3 days”

They genuinely believe that this game is going to be so overwhelmingly popular (and server meshing will still happen) that you’ll be surrounded by other ships fully crewed with peasants who didn’t buy in early at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I love that some citizens have fully embraced the conception that Star Citizen is going to be this incredibly popular game which is going to sell millions and millions of copies once it launches but is also going to be basically impossible for anyone to play unless they sell their farm and abandon their family so they can be in game 18 hours a day lol

They have to believe this because their entire enjoyment of the game is predicated on them having a slave army of janitors working on their ships at all times for them to lord over.