Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the Fourth Stimpire

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

JazzFlight posted:

Alright, now that we're on a new thread, can I finally find out where the hell this crazy story originated in the first place? :psyduck:

From the fevered brain of one of the backers. This game attracts a lot of cool, normal people. And Nazis.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
My favorite thing about the new thread so far- random goons stumbling in and saying "holy poo poo, is this for real?!?"

2nd favorite thing- Tane

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Saladin Rising posted:

Ah, apparently we have some new people in this thread, so I'd like to introduce you to Clifford aka miku aka SpearmintVR, a citizen who has spent a lot of money on Star Citizen, and is one of the few to show off the actual number. How much has he spent?

https://twitter.com/spearmintvr/status/1082723123823370240
Almost 58,000 dollars.

You know what else he could have done with all that money?
https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=514

He could have gone on a months-long cruise across the world and seen stuff that I would love to be able to experience and be jealous as gently caress about. There was another cruise that I can't find now that included dinner on a private game reserve in Africa that was also for less than he's spent on Star Citizen. Sometimes you need a sanity check to realize just how much loving money people have pissed away on a lovely pre-alpha Cryengine hack that pretends it's a space game.

Is he also the bunny ears cosplay guy?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

free hubcaps posted:

p sure this is celery man

I was trying to keep the thread SFW, don't wanna get a prob for posting a nude Tane...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

This guy? This was not a costume contest lol this dude literally posted on Spectrum and Reddit asking whether or not Star Citizen needed a "Dark Knight" to protect it from Derek Smart and the goons (y'know, by murdering them).

Now I'm trying to figure out if that's a prop gun or a real one...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sabreseven posted:

Prisons?

This is just so the weird backers can get some sort of 'bite the pillow' gameplay mechanic in there isn't it? :chloe:

Caves? As prison spaces in the far future of CR's 'vision'? I think even in 2019 there are reasons why they are not used as such. :shrug:

Chris just rewatched Star Trek VI and really liked the Klingon prison planet...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Agony Aunt posted:

Watch their latest vid. They spend ages saying absoloutely nothing.

I don't hate myself near enough to do something like that...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

trucutru posted:

Don't lose faith, some of them are not that dumb

Obviously GoonFUD- where's his spacesuit?

Edit- taxxe:

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 7, 2019

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

boviscopophobic posted:

Oldie but goodie:

Jesus...

We have a lot of fun pointing and laughing at this slow motion train wreck, but when the con finally collapses there's going to be a lot of people who will really be destroyed by it...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Why have any saunas in a spaceship flying game anyway? :thunk:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Star posted:

What stuck out to me was what one citizen quoted in that thread

Like, what the hell does that even mean? Especially the mess part...

The way I read it, and I could be wrong, was that normally developers will make a game with a bunch of ideas and throw them together into an alpha. Then to get to beta they trim down what doesn't work, or what isn't balanced, or makes sense for the game they're trying to make. But since SC has had a playable alpha, and because they're selling ships based on gameplay loops they don't have- they can't really do that "trim down" phase...

If they decided land claims and customizable bases just weren't doable, well poo poo, they've already hyped people up and sold them ships and land claims for it...

If they decided, I dunno- passenger ships just didn't fit in with their new, trimmed-down vision of the game- same problem. (assuming they sat down and actually finalized what kind of game they wanted to make...)

Repeat for pets, drink mixing, tractor beams, ship customization, ship launched snub fighters, "holo chess", swimming, automated drones, sandworms, ore refining, farming, NPC unloading of cargo, procedural weather, procedural wildlife, showering, pooping, prisons, ship aging, wear and tear, racing, plastic surgery, space whales, artifact hunting, player run medical facilities, ship decals, power armor, character aging, pirate countermeasures, player designed outfits, EVA ship repair, engine tuning, ship boarding, docking ships in ships, aliens, stealth takedowns, hiring NPCs, hull breaches, drop-in COOP play, mod tools, ship interior decorations, private servers, modular ships, crafting, 100+ solar systems, enough people in a server to actually fill one of the capitol ships they've sold...

All the feature creep and bloat and unnecessary crap that they not only promised, but started selling. Not like I feel bad for them, they dug themselves this hole. But it's basically fraud if they sell a ship that makes planet bound outposts, and then later they say "well, we can't do outposts.."

TL:DR: they're screwed...

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 8, 2019

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Hav posted:

The best and worst money I’ve ever spent.

Schrodinger's pledge?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Before that it was regular old Object Container Streaming that was going to save the game right?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Kosumo posted:

Back to a time when You where not to mention Sandi was Chris wife.

Such honest times.

So they had a stranglehold on that information?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Oh, I forgot "Item 2.0"...

Whatever featured thing they haven't put in- that's waiting for item 2.0 you see. Once item 2.0 is in they'll have lockable ships, and doors opening via mobiglass.

Then they "released" item 2.0 and... nothing. Now it's not even mentioned...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Pixelate posted:

Sales surge is over on the sub. Back to bugs...

e: oh wait, I tell a lie. Here's luxury space wheel vorpex guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExEdnRHg4Wo

Start CItzizer is gonna have AI indecipherable from real life humans!!! 10 to 1 ratio! Fidelity!! AI is ready and the SQ42 beta is gonna drop next year!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Kosumo posted:

It's a Bear market!

Edit- Taxxe

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 10, 2019

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
iCache?

More like iCrash...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Colostomy Bag posted:

Robert's Razor. Sadly used before in more private areas.

:vince:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Everyone's missing the most important part of doing "staggered development"- only having to admit they missed 90% of their deadlines twice a year, rather than four times a year...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Agony Aunt posted:

No, you don't understand staggered development.

There will be two dev channels, each of six months. So 2 times twice per year, 4 times.

Huh, guess I don't understand it. (Then again that's probably something CIG and I have in common...)

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sarsapariller posted:

* Travel to the "Jump Point" which could be the first hint that they are actually going to try to stand up a second solar system in the game and try to use the single new wormhole as some kind of prop to sell "Exploration" gameplay. It'd basically be like exploring the tram from Ironforge to Stormwind.

This would actually kind of make sense, they said they hit the limit with what they can add to the current system (Hurston?) and couldn't add anything new without removing something... A new system with a loading screen disguised as a jump animation could allow them to add new things.

Then again, last time I played attempted to play, the inital load-in was over 5 minutes... then again, again, they've conditioned the backers to be used to long travel times...

My guess is that it'll be another sand worm. Looking kind of good but completely fabricated BS.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Agony Aunt posted:

Wonder what the FPS was like.

That's actually a video, not a screenshot.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

We have a discord? Neat!

This is a completely joke free chunk of gameplay here please don't watch it, it will boil your brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K60JDwpVgvw

This kind of thing is what made me realize that trying to argue with the SC fans is pointless (unless it's funny)...

If you can sit through nearly 20 minutes of nothing and still say "Hmm, yes, this is compelling and engaging gameplay- this is fun" then there is no hope for getting through to that person.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Or about 4 out of 5 refunds

Which is what i did cause gently caress off and innovate you perverted fuckstain. The only reason anyone cares that you own duke nukem is because other people could make a better duke nukem forever with their eyes closed

I heard they fired the guy who wrote BL2 and made it funny. Is the new one funny?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

A perfect visual representation of CIG's progress over the last 7 years...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Challenge for you goons.

Let's say the Crobber gets abducted by space aliens who want him to make a bad movie as an example of what not to do. They also have your family members hostage and make you take over running Robert's Space Industries.

How the gently caress do you turn it into something resembling a legit company?

Nice try, Chris.

You can figure out how to fix your own drat game.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Spiderdrake posted:

Just encountered star citizen on the naughty twitch streaming service.

They were in an elevator carrying boxes. DANG.

Time to rub?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Right, could be that: http://www.electroluminescent-provider.com/portfolio_page/manned-drone/

That was in Austin, Texas, though, so not sure about Aussie connection...

Wow, it's amazing how Chris and Sandi went from being the non-stop faces of the game/company to completely absent...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

"but that's weeks, not months."

Wow...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

No Mods No Masters posted:

Heartfelt congrats to whoever ran that bill for that up to 100 grand somehow. We call him "the crobbler of cosplay"

Or buy the costume for $2000, charge the company $100,000, pocket $98,000.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

No Mods No Masters posted:

I prefer to imagine $98,000 worth of feature creep, delays and missed deadlines, glitches, trying to make the costumes work despite choosing the worst possible materials, and etc.

That actually seems possible- I remember hearing about Chris nitpicking over a character model's shoelaces.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

skeletors_condom posted:

It's hilarious that the cultists approach purchases of pre-release DLC/jpegs almost as a hobby. They don't even know what CIG will announce:

Note: they are talking about this ship/jpeg ad:

My favorite part of the scam right now is that every new ship is the best ship ever that beats all other ships- only to be replaced by the new best ship ever (only $799- buy now while supplies last!!)

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Who says we don't have gameplay loops?!? We totally have gameplay loops just like a real game!!

Agony Aunt posted:

So... they made NMS?

Yes, just suckier.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sarsapariller posted:

Alright with the weekly video release it's time for another

Inside Star Citizen Summary!

The post where I painstakingly descend into the cavernous maw of CIG's bullshit and bring back little nuggets of precious infotainment for you. Let's begin:

* Jared is talking, skip skip skip
* "<The new mechanic will> expand the current capabilities of our asteroids, plant life, and multi-tools, already in game." I can't believe they say this stuff without batting an eye.
* All the Citizens bitching about cave brightness got their way, caves are way loving dark now.
* Looks like you get the mining tool through some more exciting shopping and inventory management gameplay. Love it, love it.
* Ship mining and FPS mining are mutually exclusive, completely separate systems, that were definitely planned to be that way from the very start. Having two independent ways of doing the same thing, at different scales, and trying to balance both of them in the same economy is a very good idea and not at all a sign that they can't get spaceship stuff to work reliably.
* Step one of mining: scour the nearly-infinite surface of planets until you see a tiny pile of detailed rubble that denotes a cave. There are no HUD markers and the dev clearly just teleported his ship to one. No problems here.
* Step two: enter pitch black cave without breaking your ankles or having an exertion induced heart attack
* Step three: find a mineable rock in the pitch black cave. It looks like all the other rocks but it has small blue lines on it. There are no HUD markers. Looking great so far.
* Step four: just carry the loving rock out. Haha no, of course not. Laser it apart with a minigame and then individually grab each one into your hand, then select it in your hand and click 'Stow." We're cooking with gas now.
* Your rock inventory is digital and not represented on your person. That's a ridiculous idea. Who the gently caress ever thought we'd represent everything on your person?
* You can sell FPS mined rocks directly to the guy at the station. You do not need to refine them like you do with the big mining ship. In the video they sell for 10-15 credits per rock that you hand-picked from the ground. You would need to sell 500 hand-picked rocks to get the credits of a single space combat mission. You would need to sell something like 200,000 hand-picked rocks to earn a space ship.
* All of this is tier zero so you can't criticize it. Obviously we're going to keep developing this. It's definitely not going out the door as-is and then no dev or player will even acknowledge that it exists after the initial victory laps.
* other stuff:
* Caves have random poo poo just laying on the ground and you can harvest... plants? And sell them? This is "Exploration" gameplay. For every single instance he shows, the spaceman has to pick the fruit or item up into his hand and examine it in the exact same way. I would go insane within an hour.
* Now we're talking about the "Sounds of mining." I'm skipping all of this segment. Mining sounds exactly like you would expect.
* Oops that was it, show's over.

Thank you for posting these so I don't have to waste my time watching them.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

I will confess that I've never made it all the way through a shillmunchalot post...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

mp5 posted:

Chris Roberts, architect

He is kind of like the architect in that Matrix film. Boring, pretentious, confusing, and drags down the whole endeavor.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Where the gently caress is my "Key Grip" credit you bastard!?

"Key Grip" (Grabby Hands)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

It's uhhh this place

Wait sorry no that's from a different game. It's this place:

No, this place-

Taxxe:

Zazz Razzamatazz fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 22, 2019