Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Pixelate posted:

Via the frontier forums:

Star Citizen Live: All About Development

Just :lol: if they start removing planets to add new ones

Look they promised 100 systems....but not at the same time. Checkmate. FUD Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sample_text posted:

Also, here is a very clear to the point definition of where the "sunk cost" comes from:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/477657612?t=32m7s

Ha ha ha. "If I can just make the stream last two more years for the game to release."

Oh man his streaming career is hosed.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Bootcha posted:

Where is my mind?

I see, all paths lead to whale. There is no escape.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Nvm, thinking of something else.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ahh. Aquatic vehicles are in. Only $199.99

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Gotta love the new "jpg" is proudly advertised as "straight to flyable" from announcement to live, so buy now. Meanwhile, you've still got ships bought years ago that have not been seen. I mean I know it's not new behavior, but seeing the "straight to flyable" advertised as a good thing makes me think of that.

Oh, and this is the interdiction ship, because you gotta keep escalating to keep the jpb money flowing.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wow, a lot of salt on Spectrum about this ship, and the enthusiasm seems muted on Reddit. I'm sure as soon as CIG announces something they care about the shills will be back, but this one seems like a swing and a miss so far.

Once it gets fully released I'm sure the astroturfing accounts will start pushing it hard.
It's "unexplainable" how the pattern is new ship announced, reddit complains, new ship released, everyone talking about how great the new ship is. It's almost as if all the people who pop up after the ship releases are just there to hype/sell the product. Odd I know.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Pixelate posted:

Wait I just reread this bit:

"the game's anniversary on October 10"

Does Chris celebrate his conception every year?

Real games have anniversary celebration parties. And Star Citizen is nothing if not spending huge amounts of money on pretending to be a game.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Well, now this has to live up to all those smilies.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I've been watching hot cave action for the last hour.

I really don't understand how anyone can be excited about this.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

lalaland posted:

Huh so Chris and his family are multi millionaires and probably became so in a "legal" way thanks to the dumbest people on earth handing him cash for loving dreams. That man is a winner.

Never figured it would end any other way once I heard the words "Robert's Family Trust".

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

monkeytek posted:

Project Management DOES NOT work this way. We always identify critical paths and potential roadblocks and then, I know this is crazy and I don't understand development INTYOOL 2019, we take steps to minimize their impact. This is why competent PM's can give very accurate estimate on delivery dates.
No kidding. Kinda want to post they are full of poo poo, but it's not worth the effort.

I may know nothing of game development, but I've managed a few projects, and this comment is just so wrong.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
However. I will concede this is what project management looks like when you have a constant revenue stream from morons.

Once you have that, who cares about time or budget.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Christ, they must really have a problem even finding bodies. Not even talent, I'm talking people just to fill seats.

You know, like Lando.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

I want to remind people that the $35m a year or whatever CIG brings in is absolutely abysmal in terms of revenue for a AAA game.

True. Pretty good revenue for a unreleased game though.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Kosumo posted:

Did it work as in someone made lots of money for doing something really ineptly?

That's the Star Citizen way.

By this criteria, on a smaller scale, yes it did. Julie Uhrman transitioned from CEO of OUYA to a marketing executive for Playboy. So...a success for the only person who really mattered.

Star Citizen is a better version.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ambaire posted:

To try to escape the shackles of this mortal life and become something .. other.

I think we all achieve that by posting in this here thread. Hardly need to give CIG money for that.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
When is the CitizenCon main event? I thought it was tomorrow. Wanna get in on that Livestream.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

Jesus f c is citcon really at 8am Pacific tomorrow

because that means I need to load up with champagne and fresh squeezed oj and make some waffle batter tonight

The gently caress. How can I be properly intoxicated at 8am? I work until midnight.

Guess I'm not sleeping and consuming a bunch of weed at 6am.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

NumptyScrub posted:

FYI Pacific is UTC-8, so 13:00 UTC is 5am Pacific, 8am Eastern

It's all going to end up recorded somewhere, don't gently caress up your sleep patterns just for this shitshow :ohdear:

...bah. I wanted to drunken Livestream it with goons, but that's just a dumb time to broadcast.

Not that dedicated, guess I will just catch up to thread.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Incredibly excited for dental hygiene.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Koil posted:

I believe it is. The image is from CIG twitter account: https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1198365795643985921

Ha ha ha...It’s all been worth it for this.

And if any CIG employees read this, of course that’s a photoshop *cough* just leave it up.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

torturemyballs posted:

I'm sure he compensated himself and his inner circle quite well for their hard work though, right? Anyone know how much he's banked from this dumpster fire?

Pretty sure Chris, Sandi, and Eric are all millionaires by now.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

torturemyballs posted:

Is this Rexzilla guy basically a paid advertiser for SC?

Nonsense, he’s paid by Red Bull......(of which CIG partners)

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

It’s not even an Uh-Oh anymore. They have admitted to making pretty demos for the yearly con-job. Sure they do not shout it from the rooftops, but it’s very much a “everyone knows that, who cares” from the faithful by now.

Not everyone knows that, and it’s deceptive as poo poo still, but for the cult, it’s fine.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Well. That's the way to get the year started right.

SQ42 makes no rational sense to release at all anymore.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ha ha ha. That's a good gif.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

I think I like the ships little plastic outline spinning into the ground the most, but the missile is great too.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Zushio posted:

What does FUD mean anyway? Been seeing it pop up all over the forums lately.

This is an actual request for info, not a joke.

Tippis described the term in detail, accurately, and well. But if the term is used incorrectly, the common derision is instead of FUD being "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt", it is "Facts U Dislike"

In these chucklefucks case it's almost always "Facts U Dislike".

Not that I muster much energy to care anymore in TYOOL 2020.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

if that "CIG is completely redoing SQ42 under an entirely new engine" leaks are true I'm gonna lol myself into an early grave

Squadron 42...Powered by Unity.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

G0RF posted:

Finally, an Inside Star Citizen that tells us what’s really going on lately!

Good to see the big man once again, to captain this ship.
Maybe Miles will finally get a high fiddydelity jacket.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Losing that important "what the gently caress" branding.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sabreseven posted:

Imagine, if an IT pro turned up at your place of work dressed like a 5 year old, would he be laughed at or respected.

really does anger me, enrages me even. :argh:

Neither? It's still an IT worker, and thus a waste of carbon. Personally, I don't see why you need a business suit to lie and steal from your employees. And let's be honest, that's the only role of suit wearing professionals.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 10, 2020

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sabreseven posted:

So working in an office means you don't need to have any standards over personal appearance? Shirt and trousers for employees is too much of an ask these days? Especially for employees who are willing to represent their company publicly?

I don't have hang ups on clothing, but the workplace isn't the living room or the back garden or even the local watering hole.

Oh. Public facing employees are different beast entirely. But my point was, I do not see any reason for middle management to dress up in suits. You can be a worthless drain on your organization in jeans.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 10, 2020

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sabreseven posted:

Ok fair do's, I'm a dinosuar, I'm not hip or cool etc :D

That all said, if you regularly interact with customers or other businesses, you'll need to impress them, so then clothing is a huge consideration. As with most things, it's requires nuance. Such as the aforementioned salesperson, in comparison to the guy running say a chemical reactor. They have different needs for clothes.

Of course, I'm ignoring all that in my posts so I can insult management and middle management.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Quavers posted:

Did you enjoy Gamescom 2019 and the excitement of CIG staff dodging security all week? Good news!

Star Citizen at Pax East, just a short walk from Pax East.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sarsapariller posted:

I stand corrected, I really thought they'd get that Carrack out the door today to hit the meme. They really do suck at everything.

The only reliable metric of this mess. CIG will always disappoint.

RabbitWizard posted:

Posting on the Stimpire page.

In the last 500 pages....!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

The Titanic posted:

Some of these guys don't understand the meaning of Valentine's Day and how it's supposed to be spent in a air of love... not murder and killing.

Well now, that's rather judgmental of you. Perhaps it is you who does not understand Valentine's development.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 14, 2020

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Quavers posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/roadmap-roundup-february-14-2020-1

:trustme: Roadmap Roundup - February 14, 2020

Happy Friday, everyone!

Each and every week, we accompany the Roadmap update with a brief explanatory note to give you insight into the decision-making that led to any changes. This is part of an effort to make our communications more transparent, more specific, and more insightful for all of you who help to make Star Citizen and Squadron 42 possible.

-CIG Community Team

Notable Changes for February 14, 2020
____
As noted earlier on our Valentine's Day event page, the Mercury Star Runner is slated for the Alpha 4.1 Column.

While the team is very close to finalizing the 4.1 column, and fully aware of the Gibbening, we're going to need just a little bit more time before we add it to the Roadmap. You can expect to see more information coming very soon.

:lol::lol:

Point for the first reply being Charlie Brown trying to kick the football I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ha ha ha