Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
So are there still special rules for anime and meme posting?
Asking for a friend....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

So if Store Citizer is in the Games section now, it must mean that it is a game now.

When did that happen?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Are we still doing taxxe?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Shazback posted:

Is there an official recipe for the Hairy Roberts?

Mostly made from whale milk.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

jesus christ how broke is your brain if you keep up with and talk about this dumb loving game. and no, you aren't doing it "ironically"

This IS the game.
You choose a side.
If you go with "Backers" side, you have to buy a jpeg or the $27,000 completionist package.
If you go with "Dead Gay Comedy Forums", you have to mercilessly follow and harass the "Backers" until they refund or complain bitterly about it in :reddit:.

The only winner is Chris Roberts' bank account.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Stevefin posted:

Wait why is this not in the stupid crowd funding place where this belongs?

The higher ups decided to end the SCAM

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

My favorite part is learning the game uses the Crysis engine, but in order to have outer space adventure in an engine built for a single island, everything in the engine is itty bitty, and a ton of the physics glitches are because of how tiny everything is and the engine literally not being designed to handle it.

Also water

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Foo Diddley posted:

Also, new thread :toot:

Can't wait to post on page 6666. It's definitely gonna happen this time, I can feel it

I can't wait.
It's going to the best drat space thread ever.
That ED thread is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

That reminds me. I haven't got my paycheck lately from our Warlord.

It should be with you in two weeks.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

eonwe posted:

is there a goon guild for this game yet

There's a Goon guild for this thread.
Does that count?

"SCAM Chums" - make it a gang tag someone!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Scruffpuff posted:

"My "org" is ready, right guys? Check out our "org!" We're gonna stay frosty and kill scrubs, but it's just business, kid."

"Load the photon torpedoes! Hello? Hello? Isn't anyone staffing my ship? Hello fellow "org" members, do any of you have anyone staffing your ship?"

"No, nobody on any of these ships I don't think. Are you sure this is the right place?"

"Yes, I am completely immersed in this virtual world, and as such I read on a forum somewhere that someone was planning to try and play tonight in a starter ship."

"Well we'll be ready, stand by "org" members hoo-ah, for the Republic and do your part!"

10 *** nothing happens ***
20 GOTO 10

My org is going to have nothing but bulldozers.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

So I get to meet said Hollywood stars?
Will I get to meet famous actress and best marketer since she was a little girl?
Will I get to see S42 finished?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

commando in tophat posted:

But does it have space caves? :smuggo:

Kinda. It has those Thargoid cave things you can drive your SRV into.

But obviously the Star Citizen space caves are much much better.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Snarf is OK, I just think he's misguided (and possibly heavily invested) and has taken on the role of fidei defensor over on the Frontier forums because there are very few other people over there willing to stand up for the game.

Admittedly there are a few souls who will kvetch about the piss taking and wonder why E:D gets cut slack when SC is getting eviscerated, but I think that's more out of orneriness and contrarianism than it is out of deep held convictions about the worth of Crobbler's magnificent octopus.

Snarfbuckle is an idiot.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

1stGear posted:

have citizens ever played a video game

Schrodinger's Vidya Game

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Foo Diddley posted:

It really is nuts just how much work you have to put in to make a game work in VR. Like check out Fallout 4 versus Fallout 4 VR for an example. And they didn't even do all the work, there; I spent probably 40 hours installing, tweaking, and writing mods before I got everything working nicely. You absolutely do not just "#define VR_SUPPORT 1" and call it a day

Cockpit games, like flight sims/racing sims/space sims are a bit easier, because the player isn't running around in the world, they're glued to a seat. But hey, guess what Star Citizen hosed up here. You just had to have space legs, didn't ya

Haha.
If VorpX can do it, then so can Crobbler.
And then pretend it's VR.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

skeletors_condom posted:

Anyone want to help me develop a new game called Scam Crowdfunder Tycoon (also know as SC Tycoon).

It will be a business sim where the main challenge will be to keep maintaining crowdfunding revenue for an indefinite period.

Something like "Mad Games Tycoon" or "Game Dev Tycoon" but instead of real games you make fake demos, 3D assets and some other BS. There will also be a "send money to Swiss Bank" game mechanic like in the original Tropico.

They are "making" it.

Do you have a website yet?
Instead of selling jpegs, have you thought about gifs?
What about the best marketer since she was a little girl?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Bofast posted:

Who said anything about Chris still being a game dev?

Chris

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

These are the people who will be absolved when the ELE comes.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

Moving the Star Citizen thread back to games was worth it just for the Eonwe drive-by posts tbh

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Hav posted:

It says it will, but it laughs at you and calls your penis names until you buy it more ships.

So it's a shiptease?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

skeletors_condom posted:

This is sort of related to best imaginary feature, but maybe Crobo's statement about 10K users (or whatever it was) in a single instance would work. Or even the whole server meshing BS. None of that stuff (as presented by CIG) is even conceptually possible with current tech.

Wait a goshdarned minute here.
Are you suggesting the magic Germans combined with the incredible server power of Amazon won't make it work?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Scruffpuff posted:

I've said it for years. Stay out of Reddit, point at the "game," all the humor is in the "game." The occasional Bunnyman post is funny, or the CPAP Commando, for a little variety. Otherwise the show here is the game and the people making the game. Every Reddit post here is like pulling the camera off a sitcom and pointing it to people in the audience and pointing and laughing at them instead.

:same:

Also, Russ Abbott?
Next thing you'll be mentioning Keith Harris, Frank Skinner and Peter loving Kay - all comedians who also think they can sing.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

eonwe posted:

what do you all think of https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899653

actually looks unironically good

Does it have ramps?
Can you clip seamlessly through the floor?
Is there enough argon?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Thoatse posted:

I think :cig: might be developmentally challenged :ohdear:

That's what they want you to think.

I think.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Lord of the Jpegs posted:

Suddenly another voice spoke, low and melodious like a sexy bear, its very sound an enchantment. Those who listened unwarily to that voice could seldom report the words that they heard or the money they had spent; and if they did, they wondered "Will my wife find out?", for little power remained in them. Mostly they remembered only that it was a delight to hear the voice speaking, all that it said seemed wise and reasonable, and desire awoke in them by swift agreement to seem wise themselves especially when shilling on Disqus. When others, like Goons, spoke they seemed harsh and uncouth by contrast; and if they gainsaid the voice, anger was kindled in the hearts of those under the spell making them write more poo poo on Reddit. For some the spell lasted only while the voice spoke to them, and when it spake to another they smiled, as men do who see through a juggler's trick while others gape at it. For many the sound of the voice alone was enough to hold them enthralled and pretend the game was coming out; but for those whom it conquered the spell endured when they were far away in their basements, and ever they heard that soft voice whispering and urging them to buy more jpegs. But none were unmoved; none rejected its pleas and its commands without an effort of mind and will, so long as its master had control of it.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Hey Vertisce....eat poo poo and ...

*reads notes from Beet's recent posts*

...buy more jpegs...

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Sitting down with a nice IPA, enjoying a fantastic Bootcha video.
Wow, that was a lot of work, my friend!
Excellent. Just excellent!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

These anal beads are hard to understand.
Where are the "Wake up in WankPod" and "Clip through Ship" beads?

Shall we rub instead?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Caught up with thread!

So why hasn't Chris Robearts not gone after the Chinese money?
He's greedy enough.

And China likes Winnie the Pooh, so they have bears in common.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Slow_Moe posted:

It'll be even better when some one goes full space station 13 on them and becomes the traitor and deliberately sabotages everything. CIG and the backers' dreams of having players play tedious and menial jobs will be the perfect vessel for grief, and in a way it is sad it won't really happen.

Often wondered if it would be fun to do this with Rexshilla…

Probably not

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

SoftNum posted:

merlin was just a dumb troll. he never took a stance beyond "well it's fun to me" or "well it's better than ed now to me". he was boring and im glad he's gone.

His apologies for the Nazis were weird.

JugbandDude posted:

I actually prefer Squadron 54, it's original at least.

So Squadron 54, eh?
Will it include working doors?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Liam isn't working on Game of Thrones any more, so he needs a hobby.
Apparently marketing is that new hobby.
Who knew?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

We need an org booth at CitCon.
Actually, I'm sure it's not too late to get one up and running.

Find more details in this thread: You need to have Anti-SC Goon access
I hope no-one minds me taking this on.
I will have more details by the weekend.

However. My artistic skills aren't the best.
Do we have an org logo?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

The brief glimpse of all the NPCs raining down made me laugh pretty hard, not gonna lie...

Gravity is working.
Star Citizen is good again.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Bofast posted:

And maybe see an NPC stuck in a time loop as the server slowly chokes and dies
https://i.imgur.com/gqrmDAk.gifv

Actually it's a new feature in Star Citizen invented by Chris Roberts because it has never been done before.
Space Stop Motion

Reminds me of this old vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzU3NjDikY

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Kosumo posted:

What will be released first, Squadron 42 or fuzzy modem?

Squadron 54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Bofast posted:

Star Citizen - no longer constipated

Star Citizen - no longer working it out with a pencil