Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I think its funny that Old Republic with nearly 100% voice acting didnt cost nearly as much as Star Citizen with its.... uhhh....things.
Yeah the upcoming Elite expac is getting me back in as well, and I'm sure it will be as dull as every non-combat thing in Elite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Oh god yeah, the art team is pretty drat talented. I mean they have like zero real-world experience but they can make a neat-lookin spaceship..

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
The gamepad keybinds arent bad. Plus most ships come with autopiloting functions now.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9OAuViakOc

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/iae2950

ITS RAFFLE TIME!
ENTRIES WILL END WHEN THIS COUNTDOWN HITS 0.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20201119T00&p0=24&msg=Star+Citizen+IAE+2950&font=slab

To enter:
- You must be a Platinum Account holder. For PMs.
- You must quote this post.

What's your guess on the funding tracker sheet at the end of IAE 2950?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207
Current Pledge Amount
$317,425,743

GOOD LUCK FOLKS.
Grand Prize - A Humble (Steam Key) Copy of Cyberpunk 2077.
Consolation Prizes - 3 Humble Monthies.

$325,200,012

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
That is sure one magical.... spaceship?
Lile what are the red lines with the blue dots on the end? Magical graivty goo or something?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Im so hype for the roadmap refactoring, this is gonna be loving amazing.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Star Citizen: Breaking new ground forever.
I mean it's not like that hole is gonna dig itself!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I wonder how many more ships from Elite, that actual game you can play, Cronch Robots and co will rip off and make look like total garbage.
Do we have a pool running for when Relic finally loses his goddamn mind, because Im starting to detect the stench of desparation off that dude.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Does your buddy know like Epyrion and Space Engineers both do that and are actual games?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Im really enjoying these dramatic retelling of peoples' adventures in the nightmare hellscape of Silent Hill Citizen, it reminds me of the last time I tried to "play" this dumpsterfire. I managed to make it down to the lobby of the wankpalace, summon a working ship, then get trapped in the hanger because nothing tells you to press F11 for tower coms. After finally figuring that out, I managed to actually have a super boring flight out to one of the lovely worthless moons and eventually die of exposure somehow in my spacesuit.
Fuckin rad.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
That stupid ship in the totally not Star Wars trailer looks like someone slapped the Falcon's cockpit on an Elite Dangerous Python.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I still don’t understand why they haven’t started selling space stations for guilds yet.

Dont worry, Im sure thats plan b if ship jpeg sales start to dry up.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I just realized the Idris is just a remixed design of the strike ships from Starship Troopers.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
God just looking at that thumbnail just makes me bored of everything I'm seeing. The ship is a dull rectangle, the ui sucks, the environment is a lame orange sandy whatever. It's so loving bad.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Dude Lethality, like I'm not super into Cyberpunk but even I can admit its a fantastic lookin game. Some of the bugs are fun at least, like Jackie sitting in midair and stuff like that.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Wouldn't bird people make a ship shaped like a seed bell or something?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Gravity_Storm posted:

EDIT: They are proposing to spend 5 months on 'mop and bucket' actor animation. Lolzilla.
poo poo like this is loving boggling, yes in the game about spaceships you should totally be wasting time on this crap.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Eventually it will just be Turbulent doing the whole shebang.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
High-fidelitious troll asses, Valhiem wins this contest hands-down!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

text editor posted:

By mid next week, Egosoft will have released 2 space aim games with 2 expansion packs each in the time since the SC Kickstarter began, with way more features, more ships and even an engine rewrite in the mix.

With a 20-member team and sub.$1m/year in revenue

I own X4, whats the other game coming out? Are you talking about the Rebirth VR thing?
Cradle of Humanity is an expansion for X4 if thats what you're talking about.

EDIT: Hot drat the Terran ship redesigns look loving siiiiick.

DreadUnknown fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 13, 2021

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Holy poo poo you're right.
And its a much better game.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Generation Internet posted:

I got X4 at launch but only started playing it a few months ago. It's a really great game since the Split Vendetta expansion and Cradle of Humanity looks fantastic.

Oh man the Split game start is basically X4's version of Klingons and its loving awesome.
Everspace 2 is adding a bunch of new stuff soon looks like.

DreadUnknown fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 13, 2021

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Im amused that this "tank" is somehow less realistic than a Space Marine Land Raider, at least the Raider kinda looks plausable. For one, it actually has an engine compartment.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Yeah thats such a cool lookin tank, probably my favorite along with the goofy M3 Lee.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Monkies AND tanks? In the same afternoon? Madness!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Those helmets look like half the poo poo you see in the 3d CGI section of Artstation.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Fair enough.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
That UE4 update sounds really helpful for smaller dev studios to make cool spaceship games, that thing that Star Citizen aint.

Edit: Poking through the patch notes.. goddamn theres some cool poo poo in this release.

DreadUnknown fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 26, 2021

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Deluxe ramps.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

text editor posted:

once again, if they don't want pvp, what they really want is just X4 and an irc client so you can chat with the people they don't want to interact with.

at the end of the day, the PVP slider will just let players set themselves to "noclip through everything" because that the only way to become ungriefable

Yeah the cultists absolutely just want mmo X4, they just are infected with severe sunk cost so they cant actually admit it without having some kind of mental breakdown.
I realized the instant the devs explained how they were going to simulate every system that it would never work on the scale they were claiming, and its been an amazing shitshow ever since.

Edit: Admittedly mp X4 would be broken in all kinds of insane ways.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Holy poo poo I thought that Interstellar thing was supposed to be a parody, that was serious?
Its funny how much... I dunno better looking Elite is in general, like even the Sidewinder is a better-designed ship than pretty much anything in SC.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Oh yeah, they still think Crysis is the most amazing thing ever when things lile Red Dead Redemption 2 exist.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Yeah its more about art direction than fidelity anyway, take something like Homeworld. The original release still looks amazing even though its old as gently caress, its art direction is stellar so it ages super well.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
The Long Dumb Crob-time of the Soul.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Lammasu posted:

Christ, this dialog is so bad I had to look up the screen writer. Among other things he worked on the Highlander tv show and the first Mortal Kombat movie.
Ahhh Wang Commander, where you need to be quiet in your spaceship so the evil hairless turtle cat aliens dont hear you. Space Bulldozer jpeg in SC when Crunch Robots?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
You can find all the "good" scenes on YT, dont bother actually watching the entire thing.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Good, I loving hate those megaplex theater things. The decent THX equipped theater in my hometown got torn down so all we had were the 16 screen/stadium seating monstrosities.
Independance Day 1 on release day with the sound system turned up high was really fun.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
On keyboard I think the hardpoints button is "U"?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Yes of course you should have to do that many steps to get a launch client to work in 2021, its like stepping back in time to 1996 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
All the detail and triangles in the world wont save a game with poo poo art direction, or none as in this case.
Ive seen Unity games that look nicer than poo poo Shitizen.