Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

I'm sure everyone has noticed by now that :frontear: has left Elite on maintenance mode for two years plus. This is not going to be an amazing return to form. The big brains that added the few good ideas that survive in the game to this day did so early, and are long gone.

It doesn't matter though. Doesn't matter! This isn't news of an exciting videogame expansion, it's a decisive loss in the war imagined and played out entirely inside the head of Christ Robers.

I'm glad of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9OAuViakOc

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/iae2950

ITS RAFFLE TIME!
ENTRIES WILL END WHEN THIS COUNTDOWN HITS 0.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20201119T00&p0=24&msg=Star+Citizen+IAE+2950&font=slab

To enter:
- You must be a Platinum Account holder. For PMs.
- You must quote this post.

What's your guess on the funding tracker sheet at the end of IAE 2950?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207
Current Pledge Amount
$317,425,743

GOOD LUCK FOLKS.
Grand Prize - A Humble (Steam Key) Copy of Cyberpunk 2077.
Consolation Prizes - 3 Humble Monthies.

$324,601,225, two weeks tops.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

tuo posted:

Legal money or illegal money?

Introducing negative totals would complicate things.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

At this point I'd suspect there is (seven years too late) a big internal push to get Squadron 62 in some kind of playable state and out the door, and since spaceship selling doesn't seem to be impacted by the quality and speed of development at all, they don't really need to put any effort into covering for that. It makes sense to go this road because they desperately need to recharge their 'great things happening honest you just can't see or play any of it' batteries and more importantly because Crobot will never stand for a normal, humble release of anything, even at this dire point. He'll grab at the dream of landing One Big Surprise to Blow Away The Haters until he's dragged from the building by security, because his ego demands it.

(Please do not take this as an implication that they're actually going to manage that. It'll be forced out the door at the last minute in a state of fuckedness that will make Cyberpunk look polished, as they did with their sweaty, panicked original release of the PU last time their backs were against the wall.)

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

It's a Tristan made out of four Wipeout racing ships. A combination sure to punch above its weight, even before it turns into a giant fist for no reason.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

IncredibleIgloo posted:

So I enjoy this thread, but got to be about a year behind. I accidently clicked the take me to last page button when I was going to start trying to catch up. Oh well! Can anyone bring me up to speed with CIG's latest and greatest for the last year or so? I stopped following about a month into Covid.

There is always  more  the same and it's always  worse  dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

I'm afraid I have become Citizenpilled. After a decade of 'Ah! Well, Nevertheless' in this thread it is clear that Star Citizen's exit strategy was simply to wait for the world to recalibrate to its own level of brazen stupidity, and now that people are buying up jpegs of paperdoll animals for multi-ship prices, it's time to accept the fact that we lost this one and that all these wet, hyperventilating posts dedicated to Unmasking The Lies are just self-satisfied farts that dissipate invisibly in the wind of The Second 1980s before you can even get a good huff on them.