Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Dancer posted:

JJ I can't say I'm a big fan of what's starting to whiff of a buddy up routine.

But you are town, and I have recognized you as such. ASF, meanwhile, is not town, and despite whatever experience you have with a town who is immune to being cancelled, we should cancel ASF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

i hjate that avatar i hate it i HATE IT

I'm working on losing it... it may just take... like... forever.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Would a scum sal openly vig solus?

I keep pondering this question, and the more I think about it the more I can buy it. Solus was among the least scummy people at the table and a Sal belonging to any non-town faction (be it cult or scum or even newly-wed Lover with Nat) may very easily think "hey after my declared vendetta yesterday this is something I could actually get away with, and it's only going to be easier if I do it asap.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer posted:

I keep pondering this question, and the more I think about it the more I can buy it. Solus was among the least scummy people at the table and a Sal belonging to any non-town faction (be it cult or scum or even newly-wed Lover with Nat) may very easily think "hey after my declared vendetta yesterday this is something I could actually get away with, and it's only going to be easier if I do it asap.

"Obvious" errata (not that it compromises the theory as a whole) that Humalong hadn't done his thing yet so they wouldn't be Lovers yet.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its not just vigging solus. its vigging solus before any information came out at all.

i think dancer is town because they consistently aggro their defenders

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

You don't know what I was thinking so maybe don't loving guess? Again, for like the millionth time to me Solus was scum. It's easy after flip to say it's obvious he was town. AA is totally right though. But seriously I'm sort of done with arguing with you. Nat and JJ feel you are town and that's good enough for me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote dancer

Don't buy their play as town

its weird that no one has mentioned AA at all this game

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

You don't know what I was thinking so maybe don't loving guess? Again, for like the millionth time to me Solus was scum. It's easy after flip to say it's obvious he was town. AA is totally right though. But seriously I'm sort of done with arguing with you. Nat and JJ feel you are town and that's good enough for me.

Inferring (glorified guessing) of people's intents is a huge chunk of Mafia. A scumbo and a townie will do the exact same action, but for different reasons. They will both vote for a scumbo for different reasons. And they will both vig a townie for different reasons. I will absolutely continue trying to guess these things if I think I have reasons to think I'll guess accurately, because it gives information on the person's identity.

I also never claimed it was obvious Solus was town. I claimed you failed to pursue the town win-con to its maximum extent. The other things I'm saying is me trying to figure out whether you did it maliciously or not.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

Inferring (glorified guessing) of people's intents is a huge chunk of Mafia.

My post came off way harsher than I intended. Apologies

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

its weird that no one has mentioned AA at all this game

I'm oppressed by layers of soil. My good opinions go un -heard/felt/seen/tasted/smelled/sensed/etc.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

My post came off way harsher than I intended. Apologies

'S cool.

I'm oppressed by layers of soil. My good opinions go un -heard/felt/seen/tasted/smelled/sensed/etc.

Finally you feel one minuscule bit of the pain felt by the no-longer-breathing amongst us. May we never forget or stop cherishing them.

And, in an act of solidarity with those who cannot sense anymore, I will not also be leaving for the land of slumber :v: . I'll be back in ~10-12 hours please try not to panic without me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think im still gonna vote asf. i dont like nat20's explanation for not wanting to vote them (i dont understand why you would even think that would be a thing.) they're as much a lurker as asf. actually considerably worse in terms of public.

cOol theory: nat20 culted by asf

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Short of someone scum claiming my vote isn't moving off of ASF.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Cannot confirm.

That's the flavor for everyone that gets voted out.

I wanted a dayvig and whatever Nat's power might be. I didn't know it would instead do something completely unrelated to me. I feel cheated and I have taken this up with the mod. We are having vigorous discussions behind closed doors, I promise.

Wanting a dayvig and a random power does not sound especially pro-town. Especially since you have no idea what Nat20's power actually was. I'm not sure I buy your reasoning for your choices here.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

wanting random powers makes sense regardless of alignment.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

I think characterizing it as last minute is a little disingenuous. I was never more than -3 (one which was my own vote, so really it was more like -4) and the vote shifted to you well before the end of the day. It wasn't some last second scramble.

SalTheBard posted:

I was also at that point in time I was at -3 and didn't really think I was going to make it through the day so I really didn't have much to lose.

K something is striking me about these two posts.

In the first one you claim you never got lower than -3, -4 really, and momentum shifted away from you well before the end of the day, which gives an impression that you really weren't that close to being cuddled ... Except in the second post you state you were all the way to -3 and sure that you were doomed.

It feels like you're trying to have it both ways.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

i'm high on drugs

I wrenched my back so I'm gonna be on muscle relaxants soon, cheers

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

my role pm did not change any wording besides "job" to "player" so I went off the exact wording of it

these johnny come latelys popping in with hindsight is annoying, play the loving game instead of nitpicking me for killing a scum

You didn't kill a scum. You killed a townie that had been cult recruited. You could well be a scum that happened to hit the cult, trying to ride it for townie credit.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

im sorry, that was rude of me

for a minute there, i lost myself

i agree with voting asf again

i think toalpaz is a solid possibility for scum

You put karma police in my head, and for that I am gratefu

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dancer posted:

Dude it's been less than a real-life planet Earth day. I dared leave the house today to spend time with physical people and now I just got home and I can check forums. If you call that "vanishing" then I dunno how you've ever played Mafia with anyone that, say, has had a job where they can't browse forums (or just don't have a data plan on their phone because that poo poo costs money).

Cut the indignant bullshit. We all have lives. My job also doesn't have internet access, so I came back from work to see over 90 new posts. And yet I'm still participating, not just showing up to sulk when people notice I'm gone. It's not just that you're lurking, it's that your favorite topic of conversation is how unfair it is that people are voting for you.

Hunt scum.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

spacing in vienna posted:

K something is striking me about these two posts.

In the first one you claim you never got lower than -3, -4 really, and momentum shifted away from you well before the end of the day, which gives an impression that you really weren't that close to being cuddled ... Except in the second post you state you were all the way to -3 and sure that you were doomed.

It feels like you're trying to have it both ways.

I was prepared to be the one cuddled, obviously I didn't want to be but nobody else was a clear front runner until attention turned to ASF. So yeah I wasn't close, but I was closer than I wanted to be. I don't think those posts are contradictions.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

spacing in vienna posted:

You didn't kill a scum. You killed a townie that had been cult recruited. You could well be a scum that happened to hit the cult, trying to ride it for townie credit.

I had not even thought about this. That's an interesting take.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dancer posted:

I think it's super disingenuous to claim that a person can be forgotten in a mafia game. There are 10 people collectively paying on-an--off attention over a period of two days. All it takes is for one person to be like "yo what about dancer" and attention is re-focused. This is a fake argument.

##vote nat20

Wow, is this post bad. I mean, as evidenced by this very conversation, when attention is refocused on you, you ... show up to snap at people for voting you, and then stomp off again.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Do you need us to hold a memorial for you?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

wanting random powers makes sense regardless of alignment.

Okay, point, but the choices seem arbitrary AF. I don't think hum's being straightforward right now.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

I was prepared to be the one cuddled, obviously I didn't want to be but nobody else was a clear front runner until attention turned to ASF. So yeah I wasn't close, but I was closer than I wanted to be. I don't think those posts are contradictions.

Fair enough. It just struck me I think because -3 was in both, but looking back I think your point for the first one wasn't exactly "I was never in danger" but rather more like "there was a lot of time before it switched" which means it isn't as contradictory as I had thought.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

im pretty sure the "scum" in this game is the cult of vines. unless one of you knows who the scum are for sure???

all of my night actions have been posted in thread for everyone to see. i don't know how much more straightforward i can be to appease you, cult recruiter

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

im pretty sure the "scum" in this game is the cult of vines. unless one of you knows who the scum are for sure???

all of my night actions have been posted in thread for everyone to see. i don't know how much more straightforward i can be to appease you, cult recruiter

i mean it says cult in the name

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

a member of the town turned member of the Cult of Vines.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

i mean it says cult in the name

scum team = cult?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

im trying to say i don't know if there even are traditional scum and not a team of cultists taking the place of said scum team

the only way i think you could know for sure is if you are scum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

gulag seems to know for sure

bingo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont see what the point of this dialogue is now besides depriving you of murder cred

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

the cult recruiter is trying to turn the narrative onto me in a very bad attempt to dissuade people from voting ASF again

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##Vote asf

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think 20 is scum. Don't expect me to rationalize it in a satisfactory way.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

same

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What does that say about Sal? Since they claim they’re confirmed masons now

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmmm.... maybe you put two scum in a masonry which would honestly be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
And it would make sense for them to make such an audacious claim with the free pass given by thread visible/confirmable actions even if the mod response is not. Perfect cover if they're scum.