Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I will sign up so long as it's understood that I intend to play as FF8's extra AF Rinoa Heartilly, who is extremely more woke than you and super into saving Timber and so serious, it hurts.

Class: Sorcerer/ess, natch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I just want everyone to know that every Galbadian citizen is complicit in the atrocities committed by their own government and their inaction is inexcusable considering the horrific violation of Timber's sovereignty.

Also please tell my father that I am not speaking to him because I do not associate with war criminals.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GenericGirlName posted:

Social Justice Artificer - I don't see color, but I absolutely can turn anything into a moment of performative wokeness using my white ingenuity and understanding that I come from a position of privilege.

*slow clap*

That's loving beautiful.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GenericGirlName posted:

I just feel so lucky to be able to use this platform to spread more awareness of issues for people with less privilege than myself. JenX, thank you so much for hosting this gathers. As my beautiful African sisters would say, "Yas, Queen!"! :)

(I hope I didn't over step there, I asked her if it would be okay to use in this context and she agreed. Of course, I know she doesn't speak for ALL black people, but I value her input regardless.)

Anyway, this is so embarrassing but I need to step out for a moment. Those planned parenthood counter protests won't arrange themselves! :angel:

You know, I feel it's really important here not to marginalize the presence of the LGBTQIIAAAPPKGNC++ community in that phrase's origins. It wasn't just a POC space that started "Yas queen" - it was a queer POC space. This erasure is a harmful microaggression. It's just one example of the kind of cultural appropriation and straightwashing that LGBTQIIAAAPPKGNC++ have to endure every day.

Maybe next time you should check your privilege before you speak??? I mean I'm not trying to be rude here, it just seems like maybe you should try being a little more woke in the future. :rolleyes:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

all I know about warcraft was on a south park episode I watched 10+ years ago

I did not even see that episode so you are ahead of me

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sad that randomization means I can't be Che Guevara Barbie, more enlightened than you!!!!

But I'm going to pretend I'm Rinoa anyway so gently caress it

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Natural 20 posted:

Prs are like penises.

Tools of the oppressive patriarchal regime.

Are any of you really freedom fighters, or do you just sit back and sign petitions?! Make no mistake, brother, sisters, and non-gendered or otherwise-gendered siblings, we truly need social justice warriors, because taking on the military industrial complex and its stranglehold on late stage capitalism is a war.

Who is prepared to stand on the front lines?! Are you ready to get serious?!?!

... Also I have nothing against penises in or of themselves, merely their use as the symbolic phallus in our phallocentric society. Penises are fine especially when they are attached to cute mercenaries.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ugh, blaming one individual for the failings of a language clearly created and sculpted by the oppressors to aid in keeping the power structure intact? That's soooooo not woke, you guys.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jon Joe posted:

we r a detered ret see

Hey, guys? I think this guy needs medical attention of something?!?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

you are all unpleasantly unfunny.

Excuse me, we prefer the term "humor-challenged."

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

man you bet I got a whole model train set and everything

Do you want to join the resistance?!?!? We're going to kidnap a president and make him make policy in our favor, which is totally a well thought out plan. We'll even have him add "no take-backsies" so that after we release him he can't just undo it!!!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SolusLunes posted:

also I'll have you know siv that I can't get out of this wheelchair because of the last social justice war that I can't remember but that's a completely different situation

Did you lose the use of your legs fighting for Timber's freedom? We honor you, brave patriot, who fought against the immoral, illegal, and unethical violation of Timber's sovereignty. Your sacrifice will not be in vain.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

Would it be unPC of me to policy cuddle Bif if she is still alive by Day 3?

I'm assuming we're talking about consensual cuddling, right??

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

I hope you mean enthusiastic consent.

Of course. Anything short of a yes is a no!! This includes grovelling for handjobs, Seifer.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

A Sometimes Food posted:

WHAT ABOUT THE DYSLEXIC.

SHAMEFUL

How dare you assume that I don't print my consent contracts in a dyslexic-friendly font!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
.... just as a handy FYI, those do in fact exist, and there's even one that's open source and therefore free to use.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

I feel people are body shaming noted Mafia superstar Toalpaz

You are still a noted Mafia superstar to me Toalpaz! Remember big/small is beautiful! You are not too fat/skinny! People who say you are out of proportion are themselves just committing a microaggression against you and are probably unhappy with their own bodies. If you are shaming Toalpaz I want you to look in the mirror nude and just appreciate how amazing your curvy/skinny body is. There is someone out there who will love you for it!

Sal I hope you never, ever stop posting body positivity :h:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

I think you can shut the game down here, nobody will ever top this.

SAME. I think Jon Joe should get a prize when the game is over. That was :discourse:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SolusLunes posted:

is this a long way of saying that you're going to make town reads instead of scumreads because if you're going to do that, you're the scum

How dare you malign the greatest post in the thread.

Feeling very town on AA at the moment, and I have similar hesitations about toal but: I always, always think toal is scum, so that may not mean much.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I love all this debate, but let's not just sit around talking about change. Who wants to make a real change, now, today???

The country of Timber earned its name for its breathtaking forests like the one you see before you. But this forest isn't just pretty. It's an important part of the ecosystem of thousands of creatures!! Birds, squirrels, deer, geezards, funguars, to say nothing of the rich plant life sheltered by these branches! Timber is its forests.

Greedy lumberjacks don't care. They look at these trees and they see dollar gil signs. They're willing to destroy this refuge of nature's bounty just to increase their material wealth. Capitalism at its finest!!!

But even capitalists worry about bad press. Like the kind lumberjacks get if they bulldoze trees that have angry teenagers chained to them. Teenagers they would have to murder in order to desecrate these sacred, noble trees!!!

##Protest deforestation

Who's with me?! Stand* up for the trees! For the woods! For Mother Nature herself!

((*"Stand" in a very metaphorical way; I'm not being ableist!!! Those who are mobility challenged can still be chained to a tree whilst sitting or lying down!!!))

HELL NO WE WON'T GO
HELL NO WE WON'T GO

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

Real talk: I've steadily gained weight as I've gotten older (I'm 6'3" and probably between 280 and 300). I've learned to just accept myself and love myself. My Wife on the other hand has gained weight after the birth of our son. I've tried to be positive towards her new body but she is taking it really hard :-( I think she's beautiful but she is having some serious body issues right now.

Real talk also: ugh it's so hard just to accept yourself and your own body, and I feel like as women it's even harder because there's this culture that tells you that your self worth is tied to your appearance. I hope your wife hangs in there. :/

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

I would feel better if AA just voted me because he thinks that post was dumb and scummy, but he pretty clearly made up intentions that weren't there and then is using that as an excuse for a serious vote Day 1 which actually reads as fake and bad to me.

I pretty clearly said 'big post incoming' not 'big case' like he said.

I also said I'd be reading everyone's posts and putting an one line assessment on them. And then he says it's scummy because I 'didn't make the big case I said I would', I never said I'd make a big case! I said I'd make a dumb post determining scumminess by everyone's first post.

He looks list of scum calls d1 based on one post and seriously considers it scummy because it isn't jokey? How is it not jokey? None of those are real cases and many of the posters here still have 5 or less posts. What the hell. Who 'fakes content' on their 4th post of the game. That's actual content. AA you are so bad at mafia.

Hrm. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with AA's conclusions, but it feels like he's getting there in a legit way, which is why I lean town on him.

This post, I'm not sure about. I see what you're saying, and when I first read it I was leaning town on you as a result, but I keep going back to the last comment: the "AA you are so bad at mafia."

If this is AA being bad at mafia, that sounds like you think he's town, just town playing badly, in which case why are you voting him?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Trees made to fuel still serve in death. It's not ideal, but can we not strike amicable balance?

UGH. We don't compromise with people trying to rape Mother Earth.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jen X posted:

Friends, you must decide: will you join in SiV's noble crusade against capitalist industry exploitation of our environment, the greed and soullessness of creation, the desecration of mother earth herself, or oppose her naive, privileged placement of environmental resource over the people and creations that must inevitably consume to create, the very livelihood of architects and craftsmen, all of whom require wood to ply their trade and spread their labor?

Please indicate whether you will ##join or ##oppose SiV's protest. Thanks!

(That was a day action btw!)

Okay fine but here are a few counterpoints you all should consider!!!!

1) I'm not naive, your face is naive!

2) It's all well and good to be worried about the complex socioeconomic layers that go into the root cause of deforestation and how it impacts local communities and it's really complicated yes but these trees are going to die TODAY if we don't stop those bulldozers and maybe we can fix the big messy systemic problems after we save the trees, because otherwise the trees won't be here to save????

3) Our planet is dying! This is an emergency! How much deforestation can we take before we cross the tipping point of it being too late to save?!?!

4) Bulldozers are stupid and trees are majestic.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jon Joe posted:

Why don't we just ask what the power does before we vote what to do.

Oh, it doesn't actually do anything in thread, either way.

If the protest is a success, I can level up faster. That's all.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Curious pera stance imo

I wouldn't say to unilaterally vote any opposition people, but I do think you can tell a lot by people's reactions. Like in video game Mafia, when JenX had the inventory gun and was asking for volunteers.

Scum don't necessarily want town getting or using abilities, but they'd also want to look townie, and want to have a couple of people voting "join" in case everyone who joins gets some kind of a bonus.

My guess is scum would hedge, and try to kick up some distrust without actually doing anything. Which is why Nat20's post jumps out at me:

Natural 20 posted:

Yo forest role is 3p as gently caress

It's not that he doesn't trust me -- paranoia is part of any healthy mafia game. It's the nature of this drive by.

If he thinks the protest is a bad idea, why not vote to oppose it? If he actually thinks I'm 3p, why not vote me, instead of just tossing out the comment and waiting to see if it gets any steam?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Trees made to fuel still serve in death. It's not ideal, but can we not strike amicable balance?

Also, I am starting to wonder why AA is RPing the part of a milquetoast spineless centrist.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jon Joe posted:

Having no idea as to your alignment, nor what your future powers may be, I can only ##oppose - a missed opportunity if you are town, but a serious bullet dodged if you are not.

Fair enough. Even if the protest fails, we'll have some content to look over, so it felt win-win.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also my city just got hit by a tropical storm and flooded (again) and I’m stuck at work until I don’t know when so if I’m not posting much that’s why

Holy poo poo. Stay safe please? Are you stuck for the night or just a few hours?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GenericGirlName posted:

Wow spacing you could have told me it wasn't a mason. I'm suspicous of you from now forward.

We are still masons at heart y/n??

Also, getting all of the yes votes in one huge masonry would indeed have been awesome.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah nah, why vote a suspected 3P when it sure sounds town-adjacent and we got scum to catch

also just in case you didn't factor it into your tone read that was a DrunkNat post at that time

Oh. No, I didn't realize, lol. In fact I don't think I've actually played with Nat before, unless you count the brief few hours in retro games before he got turbo'd.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I am town, yes. Also because I’m bored

##Mash Paladin and Sorcerer

It works pretty well in 5e, let’s see how garbage it is in Jen.Xe.

Out of curiosity, why these two classes?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Natural 20 posted:

Why would someone driveby post in a game?

Hrmmmmm

There's more to unpack here though.

The post I made, even outside of the context of being suuuper drunk is still reasonable (because even if I'm drunk I'm still the best mafia player on the planet).

Absent any knowledge, even if I think the role is 3p I don't know if the role is a town or scum aligned 3p or purely neutral. Voting one way or the other locks me in to a perspective on it. Compare to what i did, which is informing the game of a suspicion I have and allows extra time for contemplation and perhaps further explanation.

Anyway, hungover as gently caress, I'll probably cook up something interesting this evening.

So first off, I forgot you were drinking -- I was rereading reactions from after the vote was announced, to see if anything jumped out, and your post explaining you were going to drink and shitpost was from before that. So that's my bad.

As for locking you in -- it didn't occur to me because I wouldn't have thought voting did lock you in, but a couple of other people have made similar comments. Are day actions not something you can change your mind and re-vote on?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SolusLunes posted:

this is like the time that sasaki kojiro challenged miyamoto musashi to a duel

what I'm saying is that I haven't showered this morning

Showers are bad for the environment anyway, so embrace your personal stank.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

It looked like toal made jokes, but also looked like they were trying to fake content, like the best case stuff on Jon Joe, but I can see how I might have read into it.

Honestly I'd rather vote pera and will do so.

##vote pera

Suggested lunch targets based on reactions to something we know nothing about.

We only have the flavor which, while admittedly is nothing to be openly opposed to, is simultaneously nothing to be hand in hand about.

JJ brought reason I hadn't considered, but if it is a negative thing, we probably wouldn't get the truth any how.

I feel being wary of unexplained day actions is more town than not, but I am biased.

Also the ability to switch should not be allowed. That way the thread isn't cluttered with unnecessary interactions. One vote, you cast it and your decision is made. I think that's best for a day action like that. It's how pig handled it most recently and I think it is successful.

I disagree that the reactions can't tell us anything. I don't think it's as clear as "agree = town, oppose = scum" by any means, but it was a catalyst that people had to respond to.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

I agreed with pera about cuddling an opposer, but you didn't mention my post at all or post anything about me. I think your fight with Toalpaz was partially white noise to get your post count up while looking like you are contributing.

I dunno, I feel like AA picks early fights a lot. Esp with quidnose.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jon Joe posted:

I understand what you mean, but the very suggestion we remove the lurker generates discussion (like this!) so isn’t it a bit moot?

No, I'm with Nat on this one. The discussion is flat -- they're not going to be useful, how do we know they're scum? How do we know they aren't? gently caress it, might as well -- it's pretty by the numbers.

Worse, suggesting a lurker is the ultimate in no-accountability executions. "Oh, whoops, wasn't scum? Oh well, they were lurking anyway." No case required, no arguments needed, just apathy and people shrugging their shoulders.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't tend to vote until late day most of the time.

Right now I'm leaning gdolls, because I feel like he plays up the "too scummy to be scum" thing harder when he's scum than he does as town. I know that's a meta argument, ugh.

I also don't like that Jon Joe has decided to mindlessly agree with whatever anyone else says.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Nat20 I was going to quote your post but it's very huge and I'm on mobile so not doing that.

I'm not parsing what you mean by saying that pera's post:

quote:

since it basically reads "We should do this potentially anti-town thing for the memes."

What memes? Sorry, I'm dim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jon Joe posted:

Just because I don’t put in every single thing going through my head doesn’t mean my vote is mindless. I’ve done a lot to read and check player content today, and came to the conclusions that I came to.

You suggested voting a lurker, then went "no, wait, nat20 said it's a bad idea, never mind."

Then you posted after his effort post with a "yup that's a good case, me too."

I don't need every single thought going through your head, but your past few posts boil down to "ok, nat20 is right."