Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
poo poo, I just missed it. I'll be up to replace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Social Justice Inquisitor to hunt down and unleash self-righteous fury on all those poor misguided fools who think they're doing Social Justice right.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

this game was fun, thanks for running it

Is it too late to change my submission to the White Knight that Jen X obviously needs right now to defend her from this slander?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

man you bet I got a whole model train set and everything

Holy poo poo, this I will not abide ##vote Bif.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I can think of few more marginalized people than model train owners. If anyone needs our help it's them.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
As a woke gen Z'er, I don't see gender, so this concept of trans-ness confuses me.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The concept of "superstars" is problematic and should be cancelled imo.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'm here peeps. Been reading all the time (albeit behind) did night 1 action; I'll be online until deadline.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Long story short I pref not to vote for Sal. This may not be the entire case against him but lol at the argument that "he's too self-conscious" that's like who Sal is.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

So if you submitted an action why haven't you been posting?

Because an action on my part required nothing but a town read on someone and typing 5 words at Jen X.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I want to highlight gulag as first oppose vote against siv. I read siv as town. With that assumption it stands to reason that scum would want to try get some momentum on oppose vote.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And, like, advocating no-lynch at a point in the day when it rly wasn't joke phase any more

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

usually it'd be someone else doing something to you to get a hated vote.. seems like a bit of a bad push.

Confused Sal feels like Scum Sal, imo

##vote Sal

~Elite mafia player~ Bif rly should know that, much like an adorable little corgi puppy, Sal's standard mode of being is earnest and innocently oblivious, entirely independent of his actual alignment.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I mean, I agree that ASF is not looking town, but the justification given for this super-quick series of votes not even close to deadline is slightly worrisome.

JJ looking bad imo.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
(not that Toal isn't also looking bad but my gut says JJ marginally worse)

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

More seriously I am an overly anxious mess generally who thinks rapidly and gets real mad easy /moremeta

I dunno, it wasn't exactly a noteworthy game otherwise, but I remember my first mafia game because it was, well, my first mafia game and you exuded overwhelming confidence in scum-chat in that one.

Was it unearned? Likely :v:. But you didn't let that stop you.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

GenericGirlName posted:

Is everyone on the same page with the belief that there's hardly much to go on compared to other D2s? Like yea we have uh ASF's posts, Sal's apology+not seeing the hate+policy vote, but if someone was to find Sal townie then all there is for D2 is yuming's posts from D1 (eh not much going on there, as disected by others) plus ASF.

Am I missing anything obvious?

I dunno, there's the votes on siv's proposal, if you feel like reading some tea-leaves

(presented chronologically)
toal join
gulag oppose
solus join
aa oppose
bif join
sal join
ggn join
pera join
huma join
jon joe oppose

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'd vote solus. Rhyme casing others, I asked for reasons why I was scummy and just got sass, let's get that rear end.

This feels like an odd moment to jump on this case. Reads suss to me. Zero previous suspicion of Solus mentioned (unless I missed it).

Dancer
May 23, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

I MEAN ID SAY DANCERS RETURN IS/WAS SOMETHING TO DISCUSS EVEN IF YOU ULTIMATELY DETERMINE HIM BENIGN.

AS GULAG MENTIONED DANCER HAS LURKED HARD AS SCUM BEFORE.

I've lurked super hard for two days as scum in that one game (I remember it happening though I can't name the game, I think it was Yami's fantasy themed one).
I've lurked super hard for two days as town in dragonball Z mafia and caused infinite grief for my town allies by failing to mention that I bus-drove the night-kill.
It's almost like my lurking happens for reasons unrelated to my alignment.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

so it's a fifty fifty chance? that's better than most votes here.

Not how statistics work :v: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011

unverifiable and kill all 3ps. would vote JJ too.

Come on dude why you refuse to have any chill you need some chill.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

I'm so chill I could be a cadaver. You're coming in here with some quick hottakes after being called out. Usually a scum thing, hth.

I mean, I will gladly admit that it was Jen X's prompting that got me to do this. I feel bad about damaging games by being absent okay :v: . I apologized in the past to mods after even a single day of reduced activity.

Yes, ideally it wouldn't happen, but my energy levels can just go wildly up and down and I try to push through it but it doesn't always work.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Dancer who's most suspicious.

I'm tempted to say Gulag.

Part of the reason: after not caring about me at all while I was actually absent, he accuses me in I think his very first post after I came back and hinted at having a protective role.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

oh noooo two docs... dancer already claimed protection

Note that I didn't. Reminder:
"I submitted a night action because it only required me to have a town read on someone and send a short message to Jen X"
This was intentionally ambiguous.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I miss nagito

I only quote because I am never wrong and always right and there's no way scum didn't notice this.

That's not a claim :v: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011
6 hours to deadline. Let's see what happens.

##vote Gulag

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'd rather kill ASF not gonna lie
But Sal def looking worse as time goes by

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

It's not because you asked me to make a case. IDC about that. What I'm annoyed about is the incessant dog piling from you all loving day today. I literally don't think you responded to anyone else or made any other points. So thats why I feel that way. It also draws a line in a stand. I 100% think you are scum, and anyone who is protecting you at this point is probably some sort of scum adjacent. Odds are you are going to win and I'm going to be gone tonight, but yeah then everyone will see that Sal was telling the truth about everything.

I guess me posting this will just seal my fate in your mind (just on the off-chance it wasn't sealed already) but... yes? Like, the post history button is right there; Solus has commented on and responded to other people (including myself), and gone beyond commenting and actually voted for two others.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

No what sealed your fate in my mind was lurking for 2 loving days, submitting a night action, and then only coming in when prodded by the moderator or your scumbros

I can't help noticing that you seem ever-so-slightly miffed.

Like imagine you're sitting there in N1, you lurked D1 for ~reasons~, and your action is like, right there. Imagine now that the action you have will help your faction (as actions in Mafia are wont to do). Are you gonna go like "oh goodness gracious me I didn't post enough so far I don't deserve this action let's not do it"?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

ugggh ok the more he keeps goin on I'm buying more that it's town Sal instead of annoyed scum Sal but Sal, can you please try and tweak your meta cause goddamn

##unvote

hey Nat this sounds like your town game so let's see if this effortcase of yours is right, but what do you think about GGN?

##vote asf

I know you're not asking nat but I just wanted to share that GGN also pinged me as kinda white noise-y. Saying you refuse to engage or think about person X before day 3, even when person X is GulagDolls is not helping.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I'm also super suss on Dancer who keeps vanishing

Dude it's been less than a real-life planet Earth day. I dared leave the house today to spend time with physical people and now I just got home and I can check forums. If you call that "vanishing" then I dunno how you've ever played Mafia with anyone that, say, has had a job where they can't browse forums (or just don't have a data plan on their phone because that poo poo costs money).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##vote siv btw for trees and cult of vine (while I catch up with the rest of things posted)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
side-note it's pretty fuckin' slimy to dayvig someone before even telling them "yo I'm about to dayvig you if you're town what did you do these nights"

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

There a reason we've dropped dancer?

Not that I disagree with going to the ASF well again based on the claim out.

This reeks of trying to get attention off someone else and trying to figure out a target.

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah, ##vote Dancer

I've seen this poo poo from them before. They've claimed it's unaligned but honestly I wouldn't it being a tactic past them.

Also a deathproof recruiter honestly seems fairly legit as a role. Gives the cult at least an opportunity if their leader gets nailed.

No you haven't, and also this is a pretty lovely thing to accuse someone of. Never in my mafia career did I choose not to post for any other reason than not having stuff to say.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I get that real life happens but you were active in Discord like all day yesterday (real talk good luck with the job, truly mean that). Then for roughly a day (D3 started at 6:49p so like 22 hours ago) you are gone, then when you get brought up in thread it's like you get summoned here. If you can't play you can't play and thats fine and understandable but a little communication in thread saying "Hey I'm just not feeling up to playing right now, I'll be back tomorrow." would go a long way towards people not accusing you of vanishing.

Again...in my opinion Solus was scum. Everything I did operated with the assumption that Solus was scum so why would I give him a chance to lie about his role and his night actions to confuse people?

That part was just not possible. The time I was active in discord I actively chose to stay up past my bed-time to catch the deadline. This game-day started at 2 AM when I had already shut down my PC, and after that it was sleep food travel. There was no heads-up I could give during day-posting.

When you know you''re gonna flip someone there's no confusion to be had. Either they flip town and we know they're honest, or they flip non-town and we disregard for most purposes (except stuff like if they claim to have copped someone, are they bluffing or double-bluffing or bla bla)

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

I's kinda amazing that you immediately magically come back within an hour of someone putting pressure on you for lurking.

It's a legit tactic in mafia and I don't begrudge anyone for doing it.

you reckon if I viewed it as a legit tactic I wouldn't be doing one game day after already being accused of it by multiple people.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

Why not? We almost forgot about you again.

I think it's super disingenuous to claim that a person can be forgotten in a mafia game. There are 10 people collectively paying on-an--off attention over a period of two days. All it takes is for one person to be like "yo what about dancer" and attention is re-focused. This is a fake argument.

##vote nat20

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

Why not? We almost forgot about you again.

Also this is sneaky dishonest framing of you to use "again". I wasn't "forgotten" the first time around.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I had never considered even giving Solus a chance to defend them self, so I really hadn't thought about what reasons I would or would not have for letting them plead a case. You bring up a good point though.

I'm tempted to go through all the games you've played to find the first instance of you saying the common mafia line "yo you're at -1/2/3 you're about to die please full-claim so we have some information to go on." If you've ever had that thought pattern, you really should have the analogous one regarding vigs.

I call that Sal Nat20 "masonry" is a common non-town alignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer posted:

I call that Sal Nat20 "masonry" is a common non-town alignment.

The biggest counter-argument I can see to this: Does this or does this not imply that Humalong is also lying about something? If the answer is yes, then simply statistically speaking, I can't not doubt myself if I think I identified a 3-person cell with this little information.