Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dreamed I was playing FF7 Remake and was wondering why Cloud spoke the way he did. He had remained silent for most of the first area other than some weird combat grunts and threats. Only then did it come back to me that I had voiced Cloud as a bet, and the developers loved my take on the character so much that they made it the final version of his voice.

The problem was that I'd never played FF7 and only skimmed the script, and because it was a bet I had decided to give him a completely deranged over-the-top Scots-Irish accent (I am Scottish and do have a strong Glasgow accent, and I have in fact never played FF7). The result was that it was terribly out-of-place and frankly alarming.

I played through a lot of "highlights" and memorable moments from the game, most of which were completely imaginary, but I do remember when Sephiroth kills Aeris the me-Cloud screamed at him "MOAN THEN YE stinkyhole, AH'M GONNAE FUCKIN CHIB YE, GONNAE GET THIS BIG BLACK BASTIRT TAE HOLD YE DOON AND SMASH YER FUCKIN KNEECAPS IN, SEE WHIT YE FUCKIN GIT WHEN YE TOUCH MAH BURD" and one of my main battle victory soundbites was chanting "OOH AHH UP THE RA". When he first meets Tifa he began saying things like "OOH HEN THOSE ARE SOME FUCKIN CHEBS ON YE, CANNAE WAIT TAE GET MA FACE INTAE THOSE HEFTY JUGS, GEEZ A FUCKIN BOUNCE HEN"

At one point the party met some Tonberries and me-Cloud decided they were leprechauns and went full Irish, cackling about pots of gold and roaming through the sunny fields of Kilronan. I do not do a good Irish accent.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Keep on jammin'

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dreamed I was playing FF7 Remake and was wondering why Cloud spoke the way he did. He had remained silent for most of the first area other than some weird combat grunts and threats. Only then did it come back to me that I had voiced Cloud as a bet, and the developers loved my take on the character so much that they made it the final version of his voice.

The problem was that I'd never played FF7 and only skimmed the script, and because it was a bet I had decided to give him a completely deranged over-the-top Scots-Irish accent (I am Scottish and do have a strong Glasgow accent, and I have in fact never played FF7). The result was that it was terribly out-of-place and frankly alarming.

I played through a lot of "highlights" and memorable moments from the game, most of which were completely imaginary, but I do remember when Sephiroth kills Aeris the me-Cloud screamed at him "MOAN THEN YE stinkyhole, AH'M GONNAE FUCKIN CHIB YE, GONNAE GET THIS BIG BLACK BASTIRT TAE HOLD YE DOON AND SMASH YER FUCKIN KNEECAPS IN, SEE WHIT YE FUCKIN GIT WHEN YE TOUCH MAH BURD" and one of my main battle victory soundbites was chanting "OOH AHH UP THE RA". When he first meets Tifa he began saying things like "OOH HEN THOSE ARE SOME FUCKIN CHEBS ON YE, CANNAE WAIT TAE GET MA FACE INTAE THOSE HEFTY JUGS, GEEZ A FUCKIN BOUNCE HEN"

At one point the party met some Tonberries and me-Cloud decided they were leprechauns and went full Irish, cackling about pots of gold and roaming through the sunny fields of Kilronan. I do not do a good Irish accent.

lol

The Clowner
Apr 20, 2019

I see past the sham that is society, and I'm into some incredibly fucked up shit.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

I dreamt that the latest and greatest Battle Royale game had just come out on iOS but it was basically combining the idea of a battle Royale with Pokemon Go so people were encouraged to gang up and rove around parks beating people up and trying to geocache for digital treasure chests. The way you won was by collecting 3 of the SMW dragon coins and then bringing it to a treasure chest and opening it and you won real money. Me and 2 friends did and I became the squad leader because I assured them I know this area, I used to work for the Governor's Office in this state, I know all the ins and outs. My two friends got hogtied by a squad of 4 people dressed up like the four swords adventure cartoon link team and I had to escape with my life but I eventually found 3 coins and the treasure chest and I won 3 cents which felt like a real ripoff before even considering that I didn't know where my friends had gone.

Fund it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I dreamt that the latest and greatest Battle Royale game had just come out on iOS but it was basically combining the idea of a battle Royale with Pokemon Go so people were encouraged to gang up and rove around parks beating people up and trying to geocache for digital treasure chests. The way you won was by collecting 3 of the SMW dragon coins and then bringing it to a treasure chest and opening it and you won real money. Me and 2 friends did and I became the squad leader because I assured them I know this area, I used to work for the Governor's Office in this state, I know all the ins and outs. My two friends got hogtied by a squad of 4 people dressed up like the four swords adventure cartoon link team and I had to escape with my life but I eventually found 3 coins and the treasure chest and I won 3 cents which felt like a real ripoff before even considering that I didn't know where my friends had gone.

Lmfao

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure
Dec 27, 2010

Lmfao at both of the dreams

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's not a dream, or a lie.
I know my sister is alive out there.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

SEE WHIT YE FUCKIN GIT WHEN YE TOUCH MAH BURD

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Had a dream I was playing a Paradox style map game, and my faction was The Girl Scouts. The Girl Scouts had a special ability called "Curse" which would drop any opponents luck down to the absolute minimum and they'd just get the most ridiculous set effects. The only one I remember is casting Curse on the King of England, who on England's next turn, was promptly assassinated by a time traveler. Also, for some reason, The Girl Scouts were based in the Basque region of spain.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I dreamed that trump was in Phnom Penh giving a speech from a helicopter with a megaphone that everyone was watching. I was watching it with my wife from our balcony but she got bored and went inside to read a book and trumps helicopter fell out of the sky and exploded. I ran inside to tell my wife and we decided to go to my sisters place to find out more about the situation. My sisters house was Michaelís house from gta v for some reason and my 12 year old nephew was playing gta v as Trevor on a really old crt but Trevor looked like my nephew cosplaying as Trevor. I was trying to get him to change the channel but he was doing a mission and then I realised he was playing my save and was wrecking all my cars Iíd been saving in my garages and I was getting pissed. I tried doing anger management techniques to stay cool because everyone was looking at me get mad at a kid over a video game I havenít played in 5 years. Sorry I just woke up and wrote all that down

The Clowner
Apr 20, 2019

I see past the sham that is society, and I'm into some incredibly fucked up shit.

Sounds like you're stressed. Maybe play some GTA 5 to relax

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I dreamed that trump was in Phnom Penh giving a speech from a helicopter with a megaphone that everyone was watching. I was watching it with my wife from our balcony but she got bored and went inside to read a book and trumps helicopter fell out of the sky and exploded. I ran inside to tell my wife and we decided to go to my sisters place to find out more about the situation. My sisters house was Michaelís house from gta v for some reason and my 12 year old nephew was playing gta v as Trevor on a really old crt but Trevor looked like my nephew cosplaying as Trevor. I was trying to get him to change the channel but he was doing a mission and then I realised he was playing my save and was wrecking all my cars Iíd been saving in my garages and I was getting pissed. I tried doing anger management techniques to stay cool because everyone was looking at me get mad at a kid over a video game I havenít played in 5 years. Sorry I just woke up and wrote all that down

I'm going to have The Girl Scouts cast curse on trump for ya bro

Chuck Buried Treasure
Dec 27, 2010

Odd posted:

Had a dream I was playing a Paradox style map game, and my faction was The Girl Scouts. The Girl Scouts had a special ability called "Curse" which would drop any opponents luck down to the absolute minimum and they'd just get the most ridiculous set effects. The only one I remember is casting Curse on the King of England, who on England's next turn, was promptly assassinated by a time traveler. Also, for some reason, The Girl Scouts were based in the Basque region of spain.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Keep on jammin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

«14 »