Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Slightly fearful chuckle at the notion of every Imps deranged gamer dreams originating from Bicyclops unending comatic nightmare, like a slumbering Old One.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bicyclops morphing into a weird steam engine thing like Bowie in Twin Peaks S03

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I haven't had many gaming dreams but gaming elements have been seeping into my otherwise regular dreams, like people will talk about how a dungeon was discovered underneath my city and the mayor was hiring parties of people to explore it, or the other night I dreamed I was trapped in the Arctic so I was cutting out pieces of ice to make an igloo but could only carry them over the top of my head one at a time like Link holding a vase. I threw one at a polar bear and it's eyes turned red and it started chasing me, so I started kicking at it while making hooting noises and I woke up when I kicked my wall in real life.

I had something like this when I dreamt one of my friends from middle school who I haven't seen in decades actually lived down the street from me and when I went to his place he had a Super Famicom hooked up to a comically small CRT and we watched each other take turns in Super Mario World with our faces 3 inches from
the screen and our foreheads touching.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dreamt that I had a Level 17 Hardcore Warlock and died to a swarm of aggressive hogs, and I've never played a minute of WoW Classic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmao at Amorous Bertildou and Barry the Shed Predator

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Amorous Bertildou is a MGSV soldier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

I had a dream that I was working at home depot, and a huge buff dude asked me where something was. I was still new? so I started looking up at the aisles looking for the section, and he goes "okay rear end in a top hat you don't know anything!"

I got pissed and pushed him over as hard as I could, and he was easily twice my size so I realized how stupid that was immediately and tried to run away. Turns out I was wearing OoT Hover Boots so I was just sliding around pathetically with no traction and couldn't gain any speed, the last thing I felt was a mammoth chad handd grab the entire back of my head and I woke up covered in fear sweat

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Had a dream where I flew to a major fighting game tournament in some location I can't remember, but I had to stay in a hotel. I joined a Discord server for the tournament since that's what people do these days and there was a user named "Wormskll Hater" (that's how it was spelled in the dream) who seemed to know who I was and kept flaming me in the chat calling me a lovely player and weird names that I didn't understand. Then when I get to my hotel room I notice that my roommate is this Wormskll Hater guy, I just understand immediately that that's who it is even though I don't know him, and I'm miserable. The next day I'm playing in the tournament and doing kind of okay, but Wormskll Hater is heckling me constantly during all my matches. Next thing I'm sitting in my hotel room and I get a call on my cellphone from something called "The Daily Air" and when I answer it a garbled voice says "This will be a short call. Just one question. Who would you say would be more interested in The Daily Air DLC? You, or Mr. [Real name]?" and I say "Huh? Well, me, I guess?" because I didn't understand the question. The man on the other end starts to say something but it gets cut off.

I then realize I'm standing in the airport and Peter Griffin is there and I just sort of understand immediately that I'm in an episode of Family Guy before waking up a second later.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that while in the hotel we watched a movie called "The Slurring Samurai" although I don't remember the plot.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I dreamed that I had to have surgery and the surgeon was visiting me at my home to explain the procedure. As he's talking his eyes drift towards my computer and he says "Oi mate, that's Steam innit?" and locks me out of my own computer room and starts playing CK2. He plays it like a complete psycho, turning on the heavy metal soundtrack dlc and playing it like an rts by only ever attacking people and ignoring the life elements. Then he unlocks this Noah's Flood event chain and I start getting jealous because he's seeing stuff I've never had before so I tell him I want him off my case and he leaves my house looking disappointed.

Alpha'd.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

I dreamt that the PC release of Red Dead 2 ended up having extremely long loading screens, which were masked by a mini game where you moved an 8-bit Arthur around with the mouse and clicked on barrels to earn “corn points”, which were the new RDR Online currency for the PC version. This format became the industry standard, and loading times in all future games were forever referred to as “corn time” and had corn-related mini games

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Not really entwined in gaming but last night I dozed off playing Hollow Knight for like 20 mins. In that time I dreamed the local news was doing a story about a gorilla and one of those mural things with holes people stick their heads thru to take a fun picture. Anyway the gorilla was sticking his rear end up to the holes and farting. The anchors were trying not to laugh while reporting on it then I woke up and went to bed.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dreamt that I was playing PS2 on one of those multi-tiered TV carts on wheels that was set up precipitously balanced at the edge of a seaside cliff. After playing for a while I switched games and for some reason I had to connect to the internet to play it. Luckily there was an ethernet cable on the ground next to me but it was like 3 inches short of being able to plug in, so I leaned over the cliff and started tugging on to clear the last space and right before I thought I was going to fall off the cliff the tension gave way and I realized to my horror that it was connected to a low-orbit satellite that I had just pulled through the atmosphere and it exploded on a nearby city.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The next explosion will be our last.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Had a dream that the entirety of the universe ended on January 1st and nothing but blackness was left. But as I was drifting there in the void in terror I realised I was just watching someone play Asteroids

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have absolutely no idea what I was dreaming about but I woke up in the middle of saying the phrase "3-star Barioth Quest" yesterday morning.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I know I played a game in between but I don't remember the game. Probably Overwatch.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dreamed I was playing/watching some Yakuza related thing and Kiryu was going about his day, but people kept saying to him wistfully "remember the bog times? Ah, Kiryu, the bog times were simpler times..." and things like that, and I was really confused and increasingly irritated because I had no idea what the bog times were.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfoa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dreamt I was playing a classic RE inspired game that was sweeping the Imp Zone by storm, tank controls and everything. It had a really spooky vibe until like twenty minutes in when the main character took you aside in a save room and explained that they're not actually zombies, they're Turkish people, and the game was suddenly unabashedly extremely racist. And I posted about it on here and there were pages of discussion about the validity of the criticisms but it was all behind walls of spoiler text so I didn't click on any of the words for fear of spoiling myself. The only post I could read was one from Bob3 who complained that the sound design was whack.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

I had a dream that I was exploring some Dwemer ruins, but instead of finding anything cool I kept getting increasingly angrier that none of the local restaurants had appetizers. I never saw a restaurant in my dream, I just knew the ones nearby didn't have appetizers. After I woke up, I had to calm myself down before I could go back to sleep.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Had a nightmare that they finally announced a release date for Bannerlord but it was an early access launch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

had a dream they announced Darksiders 3 DLC and the pitch was "you've fought the 7 deadly sins... now face the 8th... the Goatse man!" and I remembered I was a consultant on this and was really proud of myself.

Unfortunately, everyone hated it, and I had to lock down my Twitter because the trolls and haters immediately started calling me a "2004 rear end honky" and "crude shock value that has destroyed the Darksiders lore forever".

I left the computer to calm down and there was a gang of bikers coming to kill me for turning Darksiders into a joke, because it's an extremely popular franchise with biker gangs and they take it extremely seriously. Thankfully the four riders of the apocalypse came and rescued me in their sick motorbikes and we escaped from the bikers while I hit them with a giant glowing scythe.

I've never played a Darksiders game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

reading this listening to one more game crying like in interstellar

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

i tripped on the stairs as i was leaving my own house and woke up.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

I had a dream where I was hanging out with Goro, who was a super nice dude. Then someone announced that I have to fight Goro in the octagon next. Goro wished me good luck and left to get ready. I spent the rest of the dream wondering how can I even fight Goro, but everyone kept wishing me good luck like it was a pretty even fight. I was mostly worried that Goro's physique is top notch while my doughy, pasty complexion will look silly next to him. Luckily, it started raining and they had to cancel the fight because it was an outdoor arena.

Goro would have hosed you up dude.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was fighting loads of Italians in a lightsaber/sword fight scene and was cutting them down with ease. After a while, one of them sobbed "why are you doing this?" and I was like poo poo, I can't remember, I think I just started fighting these guys. I need an excuse.

And then it came to me, the funniest and wittiest response I could imagine. "Mortedella", I laughed, and they were like "I don't loving know who that is dude" but I just kept saying it and laughing and stamping my feet with glee until my girlfriend woke me up and said I was doing a fidget dance in my sleep.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

But dammit you get results.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dreamt that the latest and greatest Battle Royale game had just come out on iOS but it was basically combining the idea of a battle Royale with Pokemon Go so people were encouraged to gang up and rove around parks beating people up and trying to geocache for digital treasure chests. The way you won was by collecting 3 of the SMW dragon coins and then bringing it to a treasure chest and opening it and you won real money. Me and 2 friends did and I became the squad leader because I assured them I know this area, I used to work for the Governor's Office in this state, I know all the ins and outs. My two friends got hogtied by a squad of 4 people dressed up like the four swords adventure cartoon link team and I had to escape with my life but I eventually found 3 coins and the treasure chest and I won 3 cents which felt like a real ripoff before even considering that I didn't know where my friends had gone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dreamed I was playing FF7 Remake and was wondering why Cloud spoke the way he did. He had remained silent for most of the first area other than some weird combat grunts and threats. Only then did it come back to me that I had voiced Cloud as a bet, and the developers loved my take on the character so much that they made it the final version of his voice.

The problem was that I'd never played FF7 and only skimmed the script, and because it was a bet I had decided to give him a completely deranged over-the-top Scots-Irish accent (I am Scottish and do have a strong Glasgow accent, and I have in fact never played FF7). The result was that it was terribly out-of-place and frankly alarming.

I played through a lot of "highlights" and memorable moments from the game, most of which were completely imaginary, but I do remember when Sephiroth kills Aeris the me-Cloud screamed at him "MOAN THEN YE stinkyhole, AH'M GONNAE FUCKIN CHIB YE, GONNAE GET THIS BIG BLACK BASTIRT TAE HOLD YE DOON AND SMASH YER FUCKIN KNEECAPS IN, SEE WHIT YE FUCKIN GIT WHEN YE TOUCH MAH BURD" and one of my main battle victory soundbites was chanting "OOH AHH UP THE RA". When he first meets Tifa he began saying things like "OOH HEN THOSE ARE SOME FUCKIN CHEBS ON YE, CANNAE WAIT TAE GET MA FACE INTAE THOSE HEFTY JUGS, GEEZ A FUCKIN BOUNCE HEN"

At one point the party met some Tonberries and me-Cloud decided they were leprechauns and went full Irish, cackling about pots of gold and roaming through the sunny fields of Kilronan. I do not do a good Irish accent.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I dreamed that trump was in Phnom Penh giving a speech from a helicopter with a megaphone that everyone was watching. I was watching it with my wife from our balcony but she got bored and went inside to read a book and trumps helicopter fell out of the sky and exploded. I ran inside to tell my wife and we decided to go to my sisters place to find out more about the situation. My sisters house was Michael’s house from gta v for some reason and my 12 year old nephew was playing gta v as Trevor on a really old crt but Trevor looked like my nephew cosplaying as Trevor. I was trying to get him to change the channel but he was doing a mission and then I realised he was playing my save and was wrecking all my cars I’d been saving in my garages and I was getting pissed. I tried doing anger management techniques to stay cool because everyone was looking at me get mad at a kid over a video game I haven’t played in 5 years. Sorry I just woke up and wrote all that down

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Had a dream where I was watching a Law and Order type show on TV and Tekken commentator Markman was a special guest where he played the villain. The episode ended with him being sucked into a jet intake during a chase scene at an airport.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

had one last night where there was a new banjo-kazooie and i was super hype for some reason, only then i found out the enemies were sikhs who wanted to kill lesbians and i woke myself up with how insanely disappointed i was in rare

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had a dream I was getting telegrams from Goro Majima every day and they just said "big titty redheads" spelled out in magazine cut-up letters like a serial killer note. I responded to them every way I could think of, "why", "where", "why are you sending me these", "yes please" etc and it didn't make any difference

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Just woke up from a dream where I met up with In Training and que sera in person at the top of a downtown Dallas skyscraper to play Animal Crossing. While we were playing I looked out the window and saw an elephant running around the streets being chased around by a bunch of cops and scientists and stuff. Eventually it was joined by 2 or 3 other elephants, a gorilla, and some kind of giant prehistoric woolly aurochs or something and they were bowling over the cops and smashing cars and stuff. I kept trying to get IT and QSS to look at this weird downtown animal rampage but they just got annoyed with me for not focusing on Animal Crossing and distracting them.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I dreamed I was playing a videogame based on Mary Poppins set during the racehorse/bandstand scene. Everything was super brown and bloomy like a 2009 videogame and everyone was a rude and filthy british person. I had to pee so I just whipped it out and started pissing but the game was xbox kinect enabled so I started peeing in the game as well. I pissed all over a ragged urchin who started punching me and a huge brawl broke out.

Lmao